4,832 results
All reviewsrose hall suitesmo mostar friendslazy riveraunt rubycrazy kennythe mediterranean restaurantmontego bayinfinity poolswim up barkids clubsteakwater polonoodlesentertainment staffbeach resortspecialty restaurants
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went with wife and 2 kids, ages 9 and 10. Rooms and grounds were nice but air conditioning was horrible in our room and in the restaurants. We called the front desk to have someone check the AC, the service man came and said it was set on the lowest setting and he could not do anything about it. I would say our room temp was probably about 80-84 degrees.The food was below cruise line standards. The pictures on their website of the beach and water must have been enhanced because the water was green not blue and most of the swimming area was covered with grass. Also our TV did not work, they came to fix it and it lasted one night. We have been on 6 cruises and stayed at 4 other all inclusive resorts over the past 10 years and have to say this is the first time I felt as though we definitely over paid for what we got. This would be an ok resort if you got a supper deal but its definitely not what I call 5 star. We are not people looking for anything fancy but good food and working AC and TV should be expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
5  Thank dolphin780
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all please allow me to thank you for choosing to spend your holiday with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for sharing your review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

We are truly saddened to understand that you do not plan to return to our resort due to the inconveniences mentioned. Please bear in mind that this is not the typical experience of our clients and we hope that you will give us the opportunity of proving to you our dedication to customer satisfaction. We have taken note of your comments and have submitted them to the respective managers for their consideration.

Despite these minor setbacks we do hope that your overall view of Iberostar has not been entirely tarnished and that one day you will return to Iberostar for us to be given the opportunity to showcase our true hospitality.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently visited the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites with my family. Our stay lasted for 5 days and my only regret is that I wish it lasted longer. From the moment we checked in we were greeted with superior hospitality. Lance at the front desk made our check-in process delightful even with a small mix up with our room assignments.

The grounds are immaculate and modern and all of the staff took care to be friendly and attentive without being overbearing.

I truly appreciated the resort's attention to detail in regards to the cuisine offered. Each day, they provided at least one traditional Jamaican dish with detailed information about the origin of the food and how it was prepared. Being Jamaican, this was a welcomed treat as it is often so difficult to find hotels that offer authentic cuisine of the country you are visiting. Typically I would have to venture off the grounds to get a taste of authentic dishes, but all were provided at Iberostar.

The entertainment staff made sure that there was never a dull moment to be had. Of note: VIP, Happy Feet, China Doll, OMG, Stingray, and Sweetness (all stage names) not only provided tons of entertainment but they made sure that we all felt right at home. They all made sure that our time at Iberostar was filled with laughter and I walked away feeling like I made new friends.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Iberostar Rosehall Suites to anyone who wants to visit Montego Bay. I will certainly be visiting again next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NiqueyP

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing our resort to spend your well-deserved holiday.

We can’t thank you enough for taking the time out to share your comments with other travelers here on Trip Advisor and also for highlighting the superior hospitality you received, our immaculate grounds, delicious Jamaican food and our friendly, entertaining and attentive staff. We will give your commendations to all the department managers and team members you have highlighted in your commentary.

Your feedback is vital to us and it is humbling to know you have recommended our hotel, and plan to return.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Iberostar Rosehall Suites is by far the best all inclusive resort in Jamaica. We've been to Jamaica 15 times and have stayed with Iberostar the last 6 visits. From the moment you arrive and greeted at the from desk by Jillian, to the concierge Marlon the check-in experience is quick & amazing. The rooms are clean and well maintained. No matter what is needed for the room. Room service was quick to response. No matter where you dine the staff & service always exceeds my expectations. The politeness of the staff, servers, chefs and dining management Desmond where exceptional. The entertainment Star Friends (Sting Ray, Momo, Happy Feet & OMG) are always on the go and friendly to all who would like to be involved for all ages. Best of all are the Bartenders (Jewels, Christopher, Glen Roy, Richardo, Demoy, Kevon always on there game, smiling, quick and polite to serve and meet your palette. No matter where you are in lobby, pool side or in the club. Other fine features at the suites is the availability, cleanliness, staff and management of the well-ness spa. We always get a massage during our stay and the manager there is always so polite & sweet to our entire family. During our last 6 visits we've never been disappointed and always look forward to another 10 day stay. Sonja , General Manager has done a wonderful job over the years maintaining the ambiance at the Iberostar Rosehall Suites. We've traveled all inclusive resorts all over the Caribbean and Mexico and have a choice. We stayed at multiple Sanadals, RIU Palaces, Ritz-Carlton etc. Our choice and our recommendation to our friends and colleagues is always Iberostar Suites or Grand. Thank you for another wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
3  Thank 2013PaulM
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff, I would like to thank you for once again choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend yet another wonderful vacation in paradise.
We are beaming with pride to know that we were able to exceed your expectations in providing you with a wonderful holiday and we would like to let you know that we greatly appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of our resort and rooms, our prompt room service and the politeness and courteousness of our staff.

It is indeed a delight to know that you were tremendously pleased by the professionalism and exceptional customer service you received from our Front Desk, Concierge, Food and Beverage departments and from other departments as well. We cannot express enough gratitude to you for having shared your Iberostar experience with your friends and for also recommending them to visit our hotels.

It has been our pleasure to once again host you at Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to your seventh visit here in Jamaica.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

food, service resort , ocean , entertainment everything was more than I could have imagined. weather was great!! lives it and would definitely recommend and would go back!! had accessibility to use other resorts and restaurants. the selection of restaurants was great!!! loved the self serve bar in the room. staff was very friendly and met a lot of nice guests. day trips were also great to enjoy

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Stephanie L
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, thank you for sharing your feedback with regards to your experience at our resort. We consider it an honor to have served you.

We truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your comments on Trip Advisor about our food, entertainment and the overall service you received from our resort.
Given that you had such a wonderful time here with us we are confident that you will once again visit us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this resort in May with a group of about 70 people for a destination wedding. This was my second time in Jamaica (previously stayed in at Beaches Negril) but my first time in Montego Bay. I absolutely loved the resort, the location and the experience we had - I wish we were still there.. and I will definitely go back to this property!

Some things to note:
1. I think all the rooms had a nice view - we had oceanfront and had an unobstructed view of the ocean. Many in our group had oceanview (had views of the ocean and the pool) and standard (some had pool and ocean views while others had views of the kids club and the ocean) but all had a view of something and I was able to see the ocean from every room. All of the rooms, regardless of view, are exactly the same and all have a balcony. If you are trying to save, book a standard room.. it'll be just as fantastic as all the others!
2. The air-conditioning/lights automatically shut off in the rooms when no one is in them (or when there is no movement). The lights went off on us quite a few times while we were on the balcony but you just move/wave your hands and they come back on. The resort said this was there way of being more "eco-friendly" and this didn't bother me but it was something I hadn't seen mentioned in other reviews? Know that there are no AC vents in the hallway (leading to the bathroom and closet) so that area can get a little muggy causing some of my clothes that were hanging to wrinkle.
3. If you walk on the beach, past the beach resort, there are small huts/shacks where locals sell things.... one of our friends took shampoos, toothbrushes, etc. (from the hotel) and traded the locals these items for souvenirs.
4. Even though this is a family friendly property, I didn't see
5. This is a fun resort and prefect for couples, groups and families! I would 100% go back but to me it wasn't a quiet and relaxing "honeymoon" type of resort. There was a lot going on each day - especially with the STAR friends at the pool.
6. Make sure you are aware of the dress code - certain speciality restaurants require pants for men! and we did have members of our party get turned away. Men were able to wear shorts to the Steakhouse and to the Buffet but long pants were required everywhere else. Collars for men were not required as many wore t-shirts.

Things we loved:
1. The proximity to the airport - only 30 minutes! and was all down main roads
2. Even thought the resort is fairly large, it is easy to find your way around and not a far walk from any of the rooms to the pool or beach or restaurants. The rooms and balconies are also spacious - and it worked out as we had 10-20 people over each night to hang out after dinner an before the night club.
3. Wi-fi was free and available but only in the lobby (it was a great excuse to not have to even have my phone on me but still allowed me to check in on things at home before dinner each night).
4. The pool area was huge! A large infinity pool with bar, an activity pool where many of the guys in our group played basketball and volleyball and a lazy river (the river was very SLOW but if you have kids with you, i'm sure they won't mind pushing your tube around a few times - at least the kids with us didn't mind). We were always able to find chairs and we preferred the pool area to the beach (I think the pool bar had a lot to do with that).
5. The lobby bar was fantastic and the perfect place to meet up before dinner each night. They also had nightly music and big comfortable chairs - it was a fun, social place to hang out and had a relaxing vibe.
6. The Blue Moon Music Bar is right off the lobby but I think because the doors are always closed, most assume it's closed? It's a huge bar with a stage, big cushioned chairs, a private balcony and attaches to the cigar bar. We would ask a bartender from the lobby bar to come into the BMMB each night and it was like our own private place - loved it!
7. The onsite night club is an actual nightclub. The nightclub can be used by guests from the Beach, Suites and Grand but the entrance is outside the Suites. Down a large staircase the bar has a sunken dance floor and plays a lot of reggae dance music and top hits (also had a large screen where they play music videos and dry ice machines, strobe lights, etc.
8. Make reservations at the speciality restaurants - they are worth it even though the reservation process can be a bit annoying. We ate at the Steakhouse (there are stray cats that wander around that restaurant), the Gourmet restaurant and the Mediterranean restaurant - all were fantastic! Especially the surf + turf at the Mediterranean (steak and shrimp). I also heard from some in our group that the Cajun was the best (we didn't get a chance to go there).
9. The buffet was actually pretty good! I HATE buffets but we did have dinner at the buffet a few times... a lot of selection. Breakfast was definitely my favorite and they always had a large selection of fruit (make sure you try the starfruit!)
10. Water aerobics was so fun to watch! That song will forever be stuck in my head but a lot of people join in each day.. we would watch from the edge of the pool with a drink in our hands.
11. The scuba center sets up at the pool for a few hours each day and allows people to scuba around the pool for free. I've never scubaed before and wouldn't want to take the time to learn on vacation but it was fun to do around the pool for a few minutes (and the guys who run it are pretty cute!).
12. Take advantage of the spa - it was a beautiful facility! We used the hot tubs and had a couples massage. Others in our group also had massages, got their hair/nails done and everyone had good things to say.

Things I didn't care for...
1. Vendors on the beach - I guess you can find them anywhere? Once you said no thank you, they left you alone but I'd rather they not be there to begin with.
2. The swimming area in the ocean was a little small and had quite a bit of seaweed - I didn't spend much if any time in the ocean but the fantastic pool made up for this. The ocean in Negril was much more calm and tranquil than the ocean at IRHS.
3. The Saturday night beach party - we went to the Beach one on Wednesday night and it was a full out crazy dance party. The one at the Suites seemed more geared to the kids and the DJ yelling "are you having fun, I can't hear you." Skip the Suites party and just go to the Beach on Wednesday night (we walked down on the beach - it's right past Aunt Ruby's.

All in all, we had an amazing time at IRHS and we can't wait to start planning our vacation back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Alison K

Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and also for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for other persons to see.

It is a delight to know that you appreciated our friendly and service oriented staff, the rooms, spa, pools, beaches and the delicious food available at our various restaurants in addition to the various activities throughout the day. We have noted your comments and suggestions and we will be directing them to the respective managers.

All in all we are truly thrilled to know you had a wonderful time with us and we hope that we will once again have the privilege of hosting you at Iberostar.