4,873 results
All reviews rose hall suites mo mo star friends lazy river aunt ruby crazy kenny the mediterranean restaurant montego bay infinity pool swim up bar kids club steak water polo noodles entertainment staff beach resort specialty restaurants
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

food, service resort , ocean , entertainment everything was more than I could have imagined. weather was great!! lives it and would definitely recommend and would go back!! had accessibility to use other resorts and restaurants. the selection of restaurants was great!!! loved the self serve bar in the room. staff was very friendly and met a lot of nice guests. day trips were also great to enjoy

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Stephanie L
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, thank you for sharing your feedback with regards to your experience at our resort. We consider it an honor to have served you.

We truly appreciate you taking the time out to share your comments on Trip Advisor about our food, entertainment and the overall service you received from our resort.
Given that you had such a wonderful time here with us we are confident that you will once again visit us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this resort in May with a group of about 70 people for a destination wedding. This was my second time in Jamaica (previously stayed in at Beaches Negril) but my first time in Montego Bay. I absolutely loved the resort, the location and the experience we had - I wish we were still there.. and I will definitely go back to this property!

Some things to note:
1. I think all the rooms had a nice view - we had oceanfront and had an unobstructed view of the ocean. Many in our group had oceanview (had views of the ocean and the pool) and standard (some had pool and ocean views while others had views of the kids club and the ocean) but all had a view of something and I was able to see the ocean from every room. All of the rooms, regardless of view, are exactly the same and all have a balcony. If you are trying to save, book a standard room.. it'll be just as fantastic as all the others!
2. The air-conditioning/lights automatically shut off in the rooms when no one is in them (or when there is no movement). The lights went off on us quite a few times while we were on the balcony but you just move/wave your hands and they come back on. The resort said this was there way of being more "eco-friendly" and this didn't bother me but it was something I hadn't seen mentioned in other reviews? Know that there are no AC vents in the hallway (leading to the bathroom and closet) so that area can get a little muggy causing some of my clothes that were hanging to wrinkle.
3. If you walk on the beach, past the beach resort, there are small huts/shacks where locals sell things.... one of our friends took shampoos, toothbrushes, etc. (from the hotel) and traded the locals these items for souvenirs.
4. Even though this is a family friendly property, I didn't see
5. This is a fun resort and prefect for couples, groups and families! I would 100% go back but to me it wasn't a quiet and relaxing "honeymoon" type of resort. There was a lot going on each day - especially with the STAR friends at the pool.
6. Make sure you are aware of the dress code - certain speciality restaurants require pants for men! and we did have members of our party get turned away. Men were able to wear shorts to the Steakhouse and to the Buffet but long pants were required everywhere else. Collars for men were not required as many wore t-shirts.

Things we loved:
1. The proximity to the airport - only 30 minutes! and was all down main roads
2. Even thought the resort is fairly large, it is easy to find your way around and not a far walk from any of the rooms to the pool or beach or restaurants. The rooms and balconies are also spacious - and it worked out as we had 10-20 people over each night to hang out after dinner an before the night club.
3. Wi-fi was free and available but only in the lobby (it was a great excuse to not have to even have my phone on me but still allowed me to check in on things at home before dinner each night).
4. The pool area was huge! A large infinity pool with bar, an activity pool where many of the guys in our group played basketball and volleyball and a lazy river (the river was very SLOW but if you have kids with you, i'm sure they won't mind pushing your tube around a few times - at least the kids with us didn't mind). We were always able to find chairs and we preferred the pool area to the beach (I think the pool bar had a lot to do with that).
5. The lobby bar was fantastic and the perfect place to meet up before dinner each night. They also had nightly music and big comfortable chairs - it was a fun, social place to hang out and had a relaxing vibe.
6. The Blue Moon Music Bar is right off the lobby but I think because the doors are always closed, most assume it's closed? It's a huge bar with a stage, big cushioned chairs, a private balcony and attaches to the cigar bar. We would ask a bartender from the lobby bar to come into the BMMB each night and it was like our own private place - loved it!
7. The onsite night club is an actual nightclub. The nightclub can be used by guests from the Beach, Suites and Grand but the entrance is outside the Suites. Down a large staircase the bar has a sunken dance floor and plays a lot of reggae dance music and top hits (also had a large screen where they play music videos and dry ice machines, strobe lights, etc.
8. Make reservations at the speciality restaurants - they are worth it even though the reservation process can be a bit annoying. We ate at the Steakhouse (there are stray cats that wander around that restaurant), the Gourmet restaurant and the Mediterranean restaurant - all were fantastic! Especially the surf + turf at the Mediterranean (steak and shrimp). I also heard from some in our group that the Cajun was the best (we didn't get a chance to go there).
9. The buffet was actually pretty good! I HATE buffets but we did have dinner at the buffet a few times... a lot of selection. Breakfast was definitely my favorite and they always had a large selection of fruit (make sure you try the starfruit!)
10. Water aerobics was so fun to watch! That song will forever be stuck in my head but a lot of people join in each day.. we would watch from the edge of the pool with a drink in our hands.
11. The scuba center sets up at the pool for a few hours each day and allows people to scuba around the pool for free. I've never scubaed before and wouldn't want to take the time to learn on vacation but it was fun to do around the pool for a few minutes (and the guys who run it are pretty cute!).
12. Take advantage of the spa - it was a beautiful facility! We used the hot tubs and had a couples massage. Others in our group also had massages, got their hair/nails done and everyone had good things to say.

Things I didn't care for...
1. Vendors on the beach - I guess you can find them anywhere? Once you said no thank you, they left you alone but I'd rather they not be there to begin with.
2. The swimming area in the ocean was a little small and had quite a bit of seaweed - I didn't spend much if any time in the ocean but the fantastic pool made up for this. The ocean in Negril was much more calm and tranquil than the ocean at IRHS.
3. The Saturday night beach party - we went to the Beach one on Wednesday night and it was a full out crazy dance party. The one at the Suites seemed more geared to the kids and the DJ yelling "are you having fun, I can't hear you." Skip the Suites party and just go to the Beach on Wednesday night (we walked down on the beach - it's right past Aunt Ruby's.

All in all, we had an amazing time at IRHS and we can't wait to start planning our vacation back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Alison K

Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and also for sharing your review on Trip Advisor for other persons to see.

It is a delight to know that you appreciated our friendly and service oriented staff, the rooms, spa, pools, beaches and the delicious food available at our various restaurants in addition to the various activities throughout the day. We have noted your comments and suggestions and we will be directing them to the respective managers.

All in all we are truly thrilled to know you had a wonderful time with us and we hope that we will once again have the privilege of hosting you at Iberostar.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I and five other friends chose this resort to celebrate our 30th Birthday’s and we had a great time. It seems to be one of the largest and most palatial resorts in Montego Bay. There are many pros and only a few cons I would like to point out.

Pros: The resort is well kept, large, and the employees make sure you have everything you need. The drinks were great and my expectations for food at an all-inclusive were low but they were exceeded here. The quality of even the buffet food was good and the sit down restaurants even better. Just be sure to RSVP a day in advance to have better choosing of times. The rooms were large and kept clean at all times – they even had an evening service which is great for refreshing your towels and such. Staying at Rose Hall Suites gave us access to the eateries at the Rose Hall Beach Resort as well which helped gives us variety.

Cons: I was not pleased with the first room I received. Let me first say that of six girls, I was the only one not happy with it, but I have a very “sensitive” nose. The room had a moldy smell to it that was very strong and I even noticed some actual mold in the bathroom. I brought this to the attention of Marlon in Guest Services and he was great. He personally handled getting me a new room and accommodating my request the very next day. He went above and beyond making sure I was happy with the new room. He was very patient with me and my request and it helped make the situation so much better. So huge thanks to Marlon! The only other con, which for others will be a “pro”, was that the resort is indeed family friendly. My friends and I were just not prepared for the number of kids that would be around mainly in the pool area, but this never became a major issue just something we did not prefer as it was a girl’s trip.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors 3 and 4, they have better views and less of a smell from the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 5StarChic29

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our resort and please bear in mind that we are truly grateful to you for sharing this review on Trip Advisor for other travelers to see. It has been our pleasure having you here and we can’t thank you enough for spending your vacation here with us at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

It fills our hearts with pride to know that you found our resort to be well kept, and that you enjoyed the wide variety of food and drinks, the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, and our friendly and courteous staff namely Marlon.

Having you here with us was indeed a privilege and we would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and if you do plan for another girl’s trip, might we suggest the Iberostar Rose Hall Grand? The Grand is our sister hotel and is adults only and will more than likely be exactly what you’re looking for.

08/04/13
Let me start off by saying I am not a very picky or stressed out person. Read the rest of the reviews here they are mostly right but I have a few things to point out. If you are expecting a 5 star hotel stay in the US or upper Europe.

Hotel - Great - We stayed in a ocean front room. Request a 4th floor room for larger balcony and free to look at the stars. The room was great. No liquor in mini bar and had to buy a bottle from the hotel. Also had to beg for additional diet cokes. If I want to have some drinks in my room I should be able to in my opinion.

Staff - Good - Friendly but STICKLERS for the rules. Pool bartenders rocked! Management is not pro active to problem resolution. The attitude is make 90% happy and whatever with the rest.

Attire - NA - Must wear pants to dinner, not shorts or long shorts. Not even Ralph Lauren will do. Other than that swim wear will do just fine. Example - We had a shopping trip planned. We were not able to make the shopping trip due to room maintenance and transfer. Also needed a nap since AC stopped working all night and could not sleep. Since we did not have pants we could not eat at the reserved restaurant. No exceptions was the attitude from hotel management. I had to offer alternatives. Hotel staff brought up an old pair of pin striped pants. Not wearing someone's pants.

Kids club - Fair - the kids water park is not part of the kids club. if you want to drop off the kids they can not go on the slides without supervision. Adult must be present and no food or drink of any kind in kids water park. (yes even adults)

Entertainment - Good - Staff had games for kids to play a couple of hours out of the day. Beach party on Saturday night was fun. The live music club was ok but the disco was a lot of fun (adults only). Snorkel and swim at your own risk. There are jelly fish, sea urchins, etc. The water does have a bit of sea grass (not sea weed).

Drinks - Good - small glasses

Food - Fair - Typical things on buffet. Did not try other restaurants because long shorts would not work. Did not have a hard time finding something I liked but got tired of eating it 5 days in a row. Go to - Scotches was great. Margaritaville was fun but typical food.

Spa - Great - Swedish massage was superb. Get there early and they may let you get in hot tub or steam before your massage.

Casino - Poor - No dealer that we saw. Just slots. We did not go to gamble so no problem for us but you should know.

Hip strip - NA - Easy to get ripped off. People trying to sell you trinkets and drugs.

Tipping - NA - They say you don't have to but I found that if you want to be seen it is a good idea.

Room Tip: 4th floor ocean front suites are nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NASAMIKE

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar as your vacation destination and for posting your review of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your comfortable room, the kids club, drinks, spa, entertainment and our courteous staff.
With that being said, we are disheartened to understand that you were not entirely pleased with our policies regarding long pants at our restaurants. We truly regret any dissatisfaction incurred as a result of this. Please note that your feedback is invaluable to us and will be taken into consideration.

It has been a pleasure having you here with us and we do hope that we will once again be given the honor of hosting you at our hotel. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This resort is for people who want to lounge around the pool, eat and drink all day, and if they wish to leave the resort, take mass tours that are bused out daily. The resort is so big and detached, we often felt that we could easily have been in Las Vegas with a beach.

Unfortunately, the beach only had a small section that you could wade in, which was buoyed off. My husband and I brought our own snorkel gear so we decided to snorkel to the reef. Soon, the hotel's dive boat arrived to tell us that the reef is off limits to guests and that we have to pay to take a snorkel boat if we wanted to snorkel the reef.

The service was great and the food was abundant. If you want a weekend to relax and get away, this place would be great. If you want a place to travel and experience culture and nature, this is definitely not the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doxieetraveler

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and also for sharing your view of your stay here with us on Trip Advisor.

The Management and Staff at IBEROSTAR Resorts are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements and upon reading your review we are disheartened to understand that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay with us.
We would like to point out, however, that as it relates to snorkeling or swimming past the buoys it is against our policy to allow persons to venture past that point for their own safety as going past the buoys leads to open waters where motor boats are free to traverse.

It pleases us to hear that you enjoyed the abundance of food and the wonderful service you received while here with us and it is hoped that you will one day visit us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.