“Awesome Vacation!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my 6th vacation in Jamaica, but my first one in Montego Bay, and my first one at an Iberostar. I love this island! Previously, my husband and I had stayed at a Couples Resort, however, our adult daughter was able to join us on a vacation this year. I was a little apprehensive because I was not sure that this resort could measure up to the other places that we have stayed. I was so wrong! The grounds are beautiful and so well maintained. The beach was beautiful and I was surprised to see servers on the beach. How nice. The infinity pool was lovely, even though there is a swim up bar, the pool has enough nooks and crannies so you do not feel that you are consumed by the bar, unless you choose to be. The suites were a terrific size and very clean. Words cannot describe the hospitality of the entire staff-housekeeping, front desk, concierge, servers-everyone went above and beyond to make sure that your every need is met. The food was wonderful too. We ate at 2 specialty restaurants, the Mediterranean and the Steak House. The buffet was excellent as well. I loved all the juices in the morning, nice omelet station, great fruit, I could go on and on. Thanks especially to Lacey, Cassandra and Tevin to name a few. Looking forward to returning! Another plus is location- about a 30 minute ride from the airport which is very nice too.

Room Tip: 4th Floor had a nice view. We did not upgrade and we were very happy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank patti982
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing to be valued guests at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor about your experience at our hotel.

We are extremely proud to understand from your generous comments that you were pleased with the amenities provided to you throughout your stay, our beautiful and well maintained grounds, the spacious and comfortable rooms, the wide array of delicious food, our close proximity to the airport and our courteous and attentive staff.

We genuinely hope that if ever returning to our beautiful island of Jamaica, you will not hesitate to visit Iberostar as we would consider it an absolute privilege to again host you at our resort in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,543)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Beautiful property, great food, but the customer service is subpar. There is 24-hour room service, but it seems like it takes 24 hours to receive your order or sometimes it is not delivered at all. I called front desk to be connected to a guest’s room and they told me that no one at that name is staying there even though I saw her with my own two eyes. Also, our shower drain in the room was clogged and never got fixed. However, I will say as long as you are able to look past the customer service, you can still manage to have a great vacation at the resort.

If you are planning to have a wedding with more than 20 guests, I would recommend hiring a wedding coordinator or family member to work with the Iberostar wedding coordinator, otherwise you will be extremely stressed out. The wedding coordinators are unprofessional and have a poor response time. While everything did work out in the end, it required a lot of follow up, hand holding and a few trips to the manager.

1  Thank daydreamer_411

Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express our most genuine gratitude to you for not only choosing to be valued guests of our lovely resort, but also for taking time away from your busy schedule to share with us, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

Having said that, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere regrets if you were unsatisfied with any aspect of our resort and we will certainly forward your concerns to the respective managers for their consideration. We however assure you that this is not a true representation of our standards of operation or the typical experience of your guests but nonetheless apologize for any dissatisfaction.

We sincerely hope that we will once again have the opportunity to prove to you our dedication to customer service and satisfaction and wish you all the best in your future travel plans.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just returned from my 2nd amazing trip to the Iberostar Suites Resort. Our room was cleaned daily. The staff was friendly. My children love the star friends and she shows were amazing. we are at the Mexican restaurant and the food was very good. We ate the rest of our meals in the Buffet because of the variety of food. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a fantastic view of the pool area. There was a beach BBQ and the Jerk chicken with the spicy sauce was delicious.
the morning aerobics was fun to watch because the star friend MOMO seems to never get tired. The activities kept my 12 & 14 year old busy all day. They played ping pong, darts, they enjoyed the infinity pool and the Jamaican music.
we hired a driver to take us to Negril to jet ski and to drive us to shopping areas that would not over price us. We learned from our first trip to hire a driver because it was soo much cheaper than the arranged trips at the resort and we could leave when we were ready. Our Driver Michael drove us around in his nice air conditioned clean minivan and he always arrived early and told us to take our time and enjoy Jamaica. If you would like to contact Michael his email address is mommylovesme22@yahoo.com.
Once again, this was one of the best trips My family and I ever had.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the top floor. Bring at least $50 - $100 in singles for tipping. The staff work...
1  Thank Joyce F
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear guest,

It is our pleasure to extend to you our most sincere gratitude for choosing to spend your special vacation here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for taking time away from your schedule to share your feedback of our your stay with us. We very much appreciate your comments, as it is through this type of communication we are able to assess our performance to ensure we are delivering the level of service expected from our resort.

In light of this we would like to say how pleased we are to understand that you enjoyed our food, pools, suites, activities, entertainment and of course our beloved staff. It’s also nice to know that you ventured off property and had a blast exploring our beautiful island of Jamaica. We will congratulate Mo Mo for the wonderful work he has done in making you feel special as if it was not for our staff it would not be possible.

We do hope that when considering your next vacation that Iberostar will be your destination hotel of choice. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just got back from spending a week at the Rose Hall Suites, and what an amazing first trip to Jamaica and first stay at an Iberostar resort! From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a friendly staff at the front desk, to friendly cleaning staff and lastly an amazing and hilarious entertainment crew.

The resort was absolutely beautiful and well taken care of. The room was great and big, comfortable and well kept. The activities were fun and the beach area was stunning! Did I mention drinks and food 24/7? Ya mon! Amazing! The buffet was delicious. You can find everything even for picky eaters (like my wife). The restaurants were also great! We ate at the Mediterranean (loved the salmon dish), the Mexican, and the steakhouse.

The Star Friends entertainment team made our trip! A big thank you to them (crazy Kenny, VIP, Momo, OMG, Stingray, Sweetness and Happy feet) for putting a smile on our faces from morning till evening. Every night was a different show and they were hilarious!

Thank you to again for making this trip a memorable one and we'll definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank adrianriccio

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to extend our sincere appreciations for choosing to be guests here at Iberostar and also for sharing your review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

We truly enjoyed reading your comments and are proud to know that we were able to contribute to making your stay an amazing one here at Iberostar. Your kind words will certainly motivate us to continue striving to exceed all expectations.

We are confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and therefore we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just returned from an 8 night stay at the Suites and we were very pleasantly surprised. We travel a lot, but had never been to Jamaica. To be honest, we were concerned based on everything we had read and heard from others regarding Jamaica. I don't get it! We were traveling with 4 teenagers (16-18) and we did not have any problems. In fact, we found the Jamaicans (inside and outside of the resort), to be some of the warmest, friendliest, funniest people that we have ever met. On top of this, the beach is private and there is security throughout the night. Our kids were able to do whatever they wanted, on their own and were treated with respect by all of the staff. We made many friends on this vacation. We even ventured out for authentic Jamaican jerk BBQ and shopping at the markets. Our stay at the resort was a blast. We booked through Costco travel, so I thought the value was very high. I would call the Suites a 3+ to 4 star hotel. Again, the staff tip the scales to making this a 4 star hotel. They were truly incredible. The rooms are good size (for 3 people) and 99% of the views are great. The pool is a very fun hang out spot during the day, with a great activities staff and some of the best bartenders you will ever meet (Waylon, Jules and Chris...respect mon!). The food is good, but it was a bit of a hassle to get a reservation in the full service restaurants. We ate at the buffet 4 out of our 8 nights and it was very good (better than some of the full service venues). After dinner, there is the lounge bar, the music bar and the disco (in that order). If you have the energy, the party lasts until the early hours of the morning. My son and I went scuba diving every morning with Dressel Divers, which is located at the Rose Hall Beach. When staying at the Suites, you have full use of the facilities and restaurants at the Beach hotel too. A couple of tips/details...If you are going to gamble, this is not your place. The casino is SMALL. If you are going to relax, you can, but this is a lively energetic place. The pool had more of a Vegas vibe than a laid back feel. If you have teeneagers, they will be in their glory. We will go back. You would have to try to not have a good time here.

Room Tip: Don't spend the extra money for ocean front. Ask for the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank charlieb65

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks posted here on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled you chose Iberostar Rosehall Suites as your vacation hotel and also for highlighting the various aspects of our resort that you thoroughly enjoyed.
It strengthens our determination to continuously meet and exceed our guest’s expectations when we receive comments like yours. For all the areas mentioned, and for your commendations for our staff, we will let them know that their service quality was appreciated and expressed by another satisfied guest.

In closing I would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar, and we hope to have you vacationing here with us sometime in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

John & Diane Rochdale,England
Just got back from the spending the last two weeks at the suites,what a place,we have stayed at the beach for the last two years,very nice.but this place is pure class.
Rooms were big and set out well.
Food was brilliant,so much choice you would never go hungry here.
Pool was clean and spacious,my wife loved to lean on the edge and look at the beautiful view over the beach for hours.
Beach was like walking on to paradise,could have stayed on it all day,did sometimes.
The staff were always courteous and ever so helpful,would do anything for you.
Just like to say a big thank you to a special lady called Simone on meals booking,you really made my birthday with your lovely gifts,love you.
There is no doubt we will try and get back next year,to see all you beautiful people again.x

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank rochdal
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to extend our genuine appreciation for choosing to vacation at our resort and for also taking the time from your busy schedule to post your view of your stay here on Trip Advisor.

Words cannot express how pleased we are to hear your generous comments about our hotel. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the food, pools, beaches and our courteous and attentive staff. We will certainly inform Simone of the wonderful job she did in making your stay such a wonderful one.

In closing we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we anxiously await your visit to Iberostar next year.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the resort for a week to attend a friend's wedding as well as to visit family in Jamaica. The resort was beautiful. The rooms were clean and well taken care off. The staff was extremely friendly and beyond helpful. There were many activities to do and the beach was so beautiful and never overcrowded. Overall, we has spots of rain, but most days were spent at the pool or the beach swimming and lounging in the sun. The best food for me was at the buffet restaurant. We had daily breakfast, both American and Jamaican dishes and some nights were Jamaican themed foods such as curry goat, rice and peas, escaviche fish, jerk chicken and pork which we loved. The few complaints that I have were that the wifi was very spotty and you could only get free wifi in the lobby and sometimes the temperature in the room varied from cold to warm in the middle of the night. I would definitely stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites again - it was well worth the money and my family had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: I would do no more than 3 to a room if you can afford to do this.

Dear guest,

Let me begin by extending our heartfelt thanks for choosing to spend your holiday with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, in addition we are truly grateful for you posting your thoughts of your recent visit to our resort here on Trip Advisor.

Our hearts swell with pride upon hearing that we contributed to you having a relaxing vacation one filled with a wide variety of food, drinks, activities and extremely friendly and helpful staff. With that being said, we have taken note of your comments and will ensure that the corresponding manager is made aware.

We genuinely hope to serve you again at Iberostar and therefore look forward to seeing you again at our hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Half Moon
Half Moon
#3 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!