My boyfriend and I stayed at this resort for our birthdays in February. The trip was a gift, so we didn't have to pay for it, but if we did, I would've felt like it was a waste of money. Here's why:
- Rooms and bathrooms could be cleaner. The bathrooms came with a stand up shower and a jacuzzi tub. The stand up shower was incredibly small, dark, and had no shelves for toiletries. The tub had paint splatter all over it. Also, there was mold in the shower.
- The one full length mirror in the room was behind a door that led to the bedroom quarters of the suite, so, if one person was using the mirror, they were completely separated from the other because you have to close the door to the bedroom to see the mirror.
- They do not allow you to eat near the pool.
- They don't play much music by the pool. Maybe an hour, tops, each day, and the rest of the time it's quiet. When I go to Jamaica, I expect to hear some reggae and party!
- Food was average at best. The "Japanese Hibachi" restaurant shouldn't even be considered Japanese. It tasted nothing like traditional hibachi and they didn't even have teriyaki sauce. Like, c'mon!
- Alcoholic drinks were watered down.
- When we requested another room we were told that all the rooms were booked.
- My sister booked us a couple's massage before we went on the trip and was told that a card would be on our pillow when we arrived in the room. That never happened AND no one at the resort ever informed us that there was a massage purchased for us. When I spoke to my sister during the trip, she asked if we got the massage and my answer was "what massage?"
All in all, it was an average trip for the amount of money they charge.