“We will be back”

GreenLeadersGold level
Montreal, Canada
“We will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

First time ever we agree we will come BACK to the same all inclusive. Everything about it was convenient: facilities, beach, food, location, attractions. Had to argue a bit to get a proper room - careful if you book through a wholesale site, but eventually managed to get an upgrade and a room that fit our criteria.
Loved it and will return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Withorwithout
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear guest,

It pleases us greatly to know that you had a wonderful time while on holiday with us and that our facilities, services and amenities lived up to your expectations. The management and staff at the Iberostar would like to express our sincere gratitude for spending your vacation with us and we eagerly anticipate your next trip to Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,036)
  • Czech first
Norristown, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I were at the Suites June 13th – 17th. The hotel grounds are very nice. The room was great! Our AC ran really well and there was no odor in the room like I had read on other reviews. The bathroom is super spacious! Although the view was beautiful from the balcony, I had to stand to see it. The cement pillars they used to design the balcony completely block the view when you are sitting. That was a big disappoint for me. The staff is very friendly and make you feel like you’re on vacation, with the exception of the front desk staff. The front desk is the first experience you have when checking in that it should be a bit more welcoming. The gym was really nice with plenty of workout options. I would say that there are two groups of people that this hotel is primarily comprised of; families and wedding parties or those looking to ‘live it up’ a bit. There is loud music playing outside during the day and several activities put together by the staff. I wouldn’t suggest this hotel for those looking to relax, unwind, and just enjoy the beach. The beach water was nice and warm but the color was green from the seaweed growing so close to the shore. We had been told by staff that the manmade reef was ‘amazing’ but what we saw were boulders and some fish. It was not impressive for those looking to snorkel. The liquor selection was good, however the wine selection was awful. I’m a wine drinker and although the menu for all inclusive included Chardonnay, Pinot, etc. the only option available at every bar was white or red, and it isn’t good. You can buy a better selection but that rates for what you get are not worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and also for taking the time from your busy schedule to share with other travellers here on Trip Advisor your view of your stay at our resort.

It pleases us to know that you enjoyed the room, beach, gym and our friendly staff. Your feedback is invaluable to us and we have taken note of your recommendations. With regards to the wine available at the bars, we would like to point out that while Chardonnay is one of the inclusive wines available at the bars, the Pinot is not, but is available at an extra cost. We truly regret any inconveniences you may have experienced as a result of this.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation at IBEROSTAR. We look forward to your next visit so we may extend to you, our usual warm welcome.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

It is a very beautiful hotel with an excellent staff. The bartenders (Ricky & G-Roy) main lobby are cool and know what they are doing. My wife & I enjoyed our stay. The only complaint we had was the food could have been better and the night entertainment wasn't great....except for the "Tutti Friutti" show. Tour-wise Tours is who we used to get around. We would return to this hotel and hope the restaurants get a bigger selection of food.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor have a mildew smell.....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to extend to you, our sincere gratitude from the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, for giving us the opportunity of hosting you at our resort. In addition we would also like to thank you for contributing your comments on your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to know that this was a good start for your first trip to Jamaica and we are pleased that you enjoyed several aspects of our resort including our beautiful hotel, excellent staff and entertainment. With that being said, we have taken note of your comments and will be certain to make the respective managers aware of them.

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar, and we look forward to your future visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the Iberostar Suites in Montego Bay and had a great time. The food was execellent. We were able to request a crib for our 11 month old. The restaurants all had high chairs. the staff was always friendly with activities everyday for kids/families. the beach was amazing..long and clean. There were bon fires at night that made the place seem even more magical. We have been to Jamaica before but not Montego bay so we were glad we had a good expereince. I liked being really close to the airport when travelling with a child. the only thing was that since its so humid everywhere the rooms had a little bit of a cool damp feeling. Maybe the company should look into dehumidifiers to make the rooms a little more comfortable as the AC does not get rid of the dampness in the air.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank Nareesa I
Dear guest,

Let me begin by conveying our utmost gratitude to you for choosing Iberostar as your vacation hotel and also for posting your review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

It gives us a feeling of satisfaction upon hearing that you had a great trip and that you appreciated the accommodation of our staff and the family oriented aspect of our resort that made it all the more relaxing for you. We are also pleased to know that you loved the food, beaches and various night activities that made your stay magical.

Your feedback is invaluable to us and we have taken note of your suggestion and will certainly direct them to the respective manager.

With your previous stay with us ending on such a good note, please consider Iberostar when planning your next vacation as we eagerly await your return visit.

Franklin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really loved Iberostar. I booked it through destinationweddings.com based just the reviews I read, and I am glad I did.

They upgraded our room on arrival to an ocean front. I can understand the previous reviews about the moldy or musty smell BUT when you check in they tell you that you have to leave both the back door and the door between the bathroom and the front door closed (There is a little hallway with closets and a bathroom and there is a door separating it- its hard to explain) If you close both doors, and turn on the air the smell goes away within a day.

The food was really high quality and plentiful. We ate at the Gourmet, the Japanese (its in the beaches) the Mexican and had our wedding at the steakhouse. I wasn't crazy about the mexican restaurant but the others were really good. The buffet breakfast was my favorite!

The grounds are very well kept and all the employees were always smiling, friendly, and happy. It wasn't crowded (my wedding was June 7) but i heard from the employees that in the winter you cannot get a beach chair.

The ocean was a bit rough... I went in a few times, my husband stepped on a sea urchin, but we went to first aid and they put some vinegar on it and it was fine. The lifeguard said that they actually clean out the ocean and get rid of the urchins, but he stepped on what he thought was a rock and it was out pretty deep.

I had 12 people there total for the destination wedding, and I felt that the staff was REALLY good with the kids. They always have some activity going on for them and generally just really know how to interact well with children and make them smile and have a good time.

The wedding was great- Nicole organized everything exactly the way I wanted it and made sure everything was in place. She was able to figure out what songs to play and how to organize things just based on our attitude and reading our personalities. It was beautiful and I wouldn't have changed a single thing. Thanks Nicole!!!

I found the staff overall to be very friendly, especially the bartenders. I was SO SURPRISED at how many people knew me and congratulated us on getting married. I think they must have just recognized me when they saw me getting married. There were 2 bartenders there at the wedding, and several waiters at the steakhouse but my husband and I were getting congratulated by people we didn't recognize!

The only down side is that my family are the type where we like to leave the resort and explore. We took a free shopping shuttle but there wasn't much there. If you are the type of person who gets bored or restless staying in the same place all week, you should probably stay 4 or 5 days (my in laws and best friend did this and it was perfect for them!). As far as all inclusives go, this was the best I have stayed at b/c of the quality and quantity of food and drinks they had available. I feel if we had stayed at a place where those things weren't included it would have been WAY more expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your dream wedding and vacation location and we would also like to thank you for sharing with others, your review of your stay at our hotel.
First of all I would like to congratulate you and wish you all the best in your new life together. We are extremely proud to know that we were able to give you the wedding of your dreams and we are also thrilled to know that everything was to your liking from the grounds of the hotel, the food, rooms, and activities to the friendliness and courteousness of our staff. Our wedding coordinator Nicole will certainly be congratulated for a job well done.

We would like to point out, that there are indeed various excursions that would appease persons who are outgoing and adventurous. These excursions can be booked via your respective Tour Representatives at the resort.

In closing, we would like to thank you once more for giving us the opportunity of hosting your special event at our hotel, and we candidly await your next visit to Iberostar.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I wouldnt say we're particularly fussy people, but good service that you're entitled to is what we expect and the staff here delivered, they really looked after us, we hardly pushed for anything above and beyond but you got the feeling they would stretch to help you if you needed it.

We travelled with our 11 month old son, and couldnt really ask for more, food on tap which was, in our opinion, very tasty, there was plenty of choice at all times and we never struggled to get a table or a high chair. Reservations were easy to make and we werent told no to any requests, the steak house was lovely, the japanese with all the noise and theatre was the most fun, the gourmet was good, the mexican was ok, no great shakes. Hubby isnt a fish fan so we dodged the medditeranean.

The resort was busy at the start of our holiday and got quieter whilst we were there which was just fine with us, we always found shade for our little one and the pools werent too crowded.

The resort is populated mainly with canadians and americans, the pool bar always had a steady flow of patrons! which probably makes the afternoon entertainment around the pool more entertaining. It'd be a tough job to get us brits up to partake in some of the stuff the drunk canadians are only too happy to do!

Our room over looked the kids club and at first i was a little disappointed not to be on the beach and have a sea view, two days in and i was so happy and smug with our room because the place is a wedding factory! there must have been a wedding or function almost every night, throw in the beach party on saturday nights and those beach front rooms dont look so attractive. The noise level disturbed people staying in those rooms, we met several people who were suffering.

The spa is ace, i had two fantastic treatments, (one each week). I've been to quite a few spas in the UK and always feel like they never really stick to the treatment time, they often get you in the room, do a bit of the treatment ie slather you in stuff and then leave you for 20mins to let it soak in etc, which is a bit of a rip off. Whereas at the spa here the 70mins quoted was what you got, for the whole 70mins there was a part of my body being rubbed or scrubbed! so whiled you pay similar prices to the UK you get more for your money.

Our rep was fab and our trip to dolphin cove and dunns river falls was really enjoyable. As i said we have a 11 month old and amusingly was told that we could climb the falls with him. you have to make the decision as to whether you want to climb the falls when you leave the bus (without seeing the falls) as you need to leave all your belongings and basically just go in swimwear and rock shoes. i decided against it and boy am I glad I did, I couldnt beleive that people could climb the falls with a baby, even in a carrier/sling! its steep in parts and slippery, normal single people were struggling at parts. We had a lovely walk down the steps next to the falls and messed around and paddled at the beach at the bottom of the falls. The stop off to the falls did eat into our time at Dolphin Cove (I think there's the option to skip the falls) so we felt a little rushed but had a fantastic day nonetheless.

The star friends are great, the fussed our son so much which he loved and even entertained my husband by playing beach soccer with him! the shows are fairly corny but fun to break up the evenings.

The kids club is fab, there was no-one by the pirate ship / pool when we went and the club has stuff for all ages, computers, ball pits, arts, giant connect four etc. a nice respite from the midday sun and it helped us keep our son entertained.

Transfer from the airport was quick and smooth and our suite was fab, mini bar was free and topped up regularly, i was worried about my sons bottles as i thought the water would give him an upset tummy but we drank the water every day and was absolutely fine.

We managed to get a late check out we paid $20 for it and it was worth it, it was my birthday and allowed us an extra two hours by the pool!

Our only gripe would be that there's only wifi in the lobby and its slow! would be good to get wifi in all common areas or even in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your special holiday at Iberostar and also for taking the time out to share with other travellers your view of your stay with us.

It is a cause of satisfaction to know that we contributed to making you feel accommodated and well looked after, while you vacationed with us. Our staff definitely tries their best to go above and beyond our guests’ expectations to provide them with vacations worth reliving. Your kind comments will go a far way in motivating us to continually improve our standards and will certainly serve as fundamental stepping stones in our continued growth.

We have had the pleasure of hosting you here at Iberostar, and we candidly await your return. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time stating at an iberostar resort and it will certainly won't be our last! The rooms were spacious and very clean. Our balcony over looked the impressive infinity pool and the ocean! If that wasn't enough, the staff was impeccable! Accommodating in ever way imaginable. Service with a smile sums it up! The food and drinks were excellent as well. My husband and I will be returning along with some friends or family. I don't understand how anyone could give this resort a negative review!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jillyjillyjilly
Dear guest,

Please permit us this opportunity to first and foremost thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your holiday, and also for posting such a delightful review on Trip Advisor for others to see.

We are truly thrilled to know that you enjoyed the impeccable services you received and that you were able to have a memorable vacation while here with us.

All in all we are extremely pleased to have had you stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we do hope that we will be given the opportunity of serving you once more.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,845 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!