“Dream wedding and vacation!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really loved Iberostar. I booked it through destinationweddings.com based just the reviews I read, and I am glad I did.

They upgraded our room on arrival to an ocean front. I can understand the previous reviews about the moldy or musty smell BUT when you check in they tell you that you have to leave both the back door and the door between the bathroom and the front door closed (There is a little hallway with closets and a bathroom and there is a door separating it- its hard to explain) If you close both doors, and turn on the air the smell goes away within a day.

The food was really high quality and plentiful. We ate at the Gourmet, the Japanese (its in the beaches) the Mexican and had our wedding at the steakhouse. I wasn't crazy about the mexican restaurant but the others were really good. The buffet breakfast was my favorite!

The grounds are very well kept and all the employees were always smiling, friendly, and happy. It wasn't crowded (my wedding was June 7) but i heard from the employees that in the winter you cannot get a beach chair.

The ocean was a bit rough... I went in a few times, my husband stepped on a sea urchin, but we went to first aid and they put some vinegar on it and it was fine. The lifeguard said that they actually clean out the ocean and get rid of the urchins, but he stepped on what he thought was a rock and it was out pretty deep.

I had 12 people there total for the destination wedding, and I felt that the staff was REALLY good with the kids. They always have some activity going on for them and generally just really know how to interact well with children and make them smile and have a good time.

The wedding was great- Nicole organized everything exactly the way I wanted it and made sure everything was in place. She was able to figure out what songs to play and how to organize things just based on our attitude and reading our personalities. It was beautiful and I wouldn't have changed a single thing. Thanks Nicole!!!

I found the staff overall to be very friendly, especially the bartenders. I was SO SURPRISED at how many people knew me and congratulated us on getting married. I think they must have just recognized me when they saw me getting married. There were 2 bartenders there at the wedding, and several waiters at the steakhouse but my husband and I were getting congratulated by people we didn't recognize!

The only down side is that my family are the type where we like to leave the resort and explore. We took a free shopping shuttle but there wasn't much there. If you are the type of person who gets bored or restless staying in the same place all week, you should probably stay 4 or 5 days (my in laws and best friend did this and it was perfect for them!). As far as all inclusives go, this was the best I have stayed at b/c of the quality and quantity of food and drinks they had available. I feel if we had stayed at a place where those things weren't included it would have been WAY more expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your dream wedding and vacation location and we would also like to thank you for sharing with others, your review of your stay at our hotel.
First of all I would like to congratulate you and wish you all the best in your new life together. We are extremely proud to know that we were able to give you the wedding of your dreams and we are also thrilled to know that everything was to your liking from the grounds of the hotel, the food, rooms, and activities to the friendliness and courteousness of our staff. Our wedding coordinator Nicole will certainly be congratulated for a job well done.

We would like to point out, that there are indeed various excursions that would appease persons who are outgoing and adventurous. These excursions can be booked via your respective Tour Representatives at the resort.

In closing, we would like to thank you once more for giving us the opportunity of hosting your special event at our hotel, and we candidly await your next visit to Iberostar.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I wouldnt say we're particularly fussy people, but good service that you're entitled to is what we expect and the staff here delivered, they really looked after us, we hardly pushed for anything above and beyond but you got the feeling they would stretch to help you if you needed it.

We travelled with our 11 month old son, and couldnt really ask for more, food on tap which was, in our opinion, very tasty, there was plenty of choice at all times and we never struggled to get a table or a high chair. Reservations were easy to make and we werent told no to any requests, the steak house was lovely, the japanese with all the noise and theatre was the most fun, the gourmet was good, the mexican was ok, no great shakes. Hubby isnt a fish fan so we dodged the medditeranean.

The resort was busy at the start of our holiday and got quieter whilst we were there which was just fine with us, we always found shade for our little one and the pools werent too crowded.

The resort is populated mainly with canadians and americans, the pool bar always had a steady flow of patrons! which probably makes the afternoon entertainment around the pool more entertaining. It'd be a tough job to get us brits up to partake in some of the stuff the drunk canadians are only too happy to do!

Our room over looked the kids club and at first i was a little disappointed not to be on the beach and have a sea view, two days in and i was so happy and smug with our room because the place is a wedding factory! there must have been a wedding or function almost every night, throw in the beach party on saturday nights and those beach front rooms dont look so attractive. The noise level disturbed people staying in those rooms, we met several people who were suffering.

The spa is ace, i had two fantastic treatments, (one each week). I've been to quite a few spas in the UK and always feel like they never really stick to the treatment time, they often get you in the room, do a bit of the treatment ie slather you in stuff and then leave you for 20mins to let it soak in etc, which is a bit of a rip off. Whereas at the spa here the 70mins quoted was what you got, for the whole 70mins there was a part of my body being rubbed or scrubbed! so whiled you pay similar prices to the UK you get more for your money.

Our rep was fab and our trip to dolphin cove and dunns river falls was really enjoyable. As i said we have a 11 month old and amusingly was told that we could climb the falls with him. you have to make the decision as to whether you want to climb the falls when you leave the bus (without seeing the falls) as you need to leave all your belongings and basically just go in swimwear and rock shoes. i decided against it and boy am I glad I did, I couldnt beleive that people could climb the falls with a baby, even in a carrier/sling! its steep in parts and slippery, normal single people were struggling at parts. We had a lovely walk down the steps next to the falls and messed around and paddled at the beach at the bottom of the falls. The stop off to the falls did eat into our time at Dolphin Cove (I think there's the option to skip the falls) so we felt a little rushed but had a fantastic day nonetheless.

The star friends are great, the fussed our son so much which he loved and even entertained my husband by playing beach soccer with him! the shows are fairly corny but fun to break up the evenings.

The kids club is fab, there was no-one by the pirate ship / pool when we went and the club has stuff for all ages, computers, ball pits, arts, giant connect four etc. a nice respite from the midday sun and it helped us keep our son entertained.

Transfer from the airport was quick and smooth and our suite was fab, mini bar was free and topped up regularly, i was worried about my sons bottles as i thought the water would give him an upset tummy but we drank the water every day and was absolutely fine.

We managed to get a late check out we paid $20 for it and it was worth it, it was my birthday and allowed us an extra two hours by the pool!

Our only gripe would be that there's only wifi in the lobby and its slow! would be good to get wifi in all common areas or even in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your special holiday at Iberostar and also for taking the time out to share with other travellers your view of your stay with us.

It is a cause of satisfaction to know that we contributed to making you feel accommodated and well looked after, while you vacationed with us. Our staff definitely tries their best to go above and beyond our guests’ expectations to provide them with vacations worth reliving. Your kind comments will go a far way in motivating us to continually improve our standards and will certainly serve as fundamental stepping stones in our continued growth.

We have had the pleasure of hosting you here at Iberostar, and we candidly await your return. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time stating at an iberostar resort and it will certainly won't be our last! The rooms were spacious and very clean. Our balcony over looked the impressive infinity pool and the ocean! If that wasn't enough, the staff was impeccable! Accommodating in ever way imaginable. Service with a smile sums it up! The food and drinks were excellent as well. My husband and I will be returning along with some friends or family. I don't understand how anyone could give this resort a negative review!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Jillyjillyjilly

Dear guest,

Please permit us this opportunity to first and foremost thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your holiday, and also for posting such a delightful review on Trip Advisor for others to see.

We are truly thrilled to know that you enjoyed the impeccable services you received and that you were able to have a memorable vacation while here with us.

All in all we are extremely pleased to have had you stay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we do hope that we will be given the opportunity of serving you once more.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wow, wow, wow! My husband and I were amazed at our experience at Iberostar Grand in Punta Cana for our Honeymoon and really thought it was going to be hard to top it, or to at least meet the same expectations for our Anniversary. However, the Iberostar Rose Hall suites in Jamaica is a complete gem and we were just floored at how wonderful our stay was.

Check-in: SUPER easy and the front desk explains everything for you. We arrived around 4 o'clock so we didn't have to wait or anything.

Room: Great layout... huge bathroom with double sinks, separate shower, and tub. Big closet with a safe, we always greatly appreciate this. King bed, dresser, and flat screen TV, then a step below you have a couch and little eating area. By the step too is a light AND a sign that says, watch your step. We were also notified of it as well from the staff. The patio was great too! We didn't upgrade or anything, but we had a slight partial view of the ocean -- if you can, get 4218! What really surprised us was that there was a champagne bottle in our room, we didn't know if that was customary, or that we got something since we were repeat guests. Didn't matter to us, we saved it for the last night and heavily enjoyed it.

Hotel Layout/Grounds/Beach: Iberostar really knows how to keep their hotels clean and beautiful, there was always somebody cleaning up or making sure things were getting handled. A man dropped a beer in the lobby, went over to the bar to get a towel, and there was already somebody there cleaning it up. The pool was AWESOME! We loved getting a drink at the pool bar and then sitting against the wall watching the beach. The lazy river is ok, as others have mentioned it really doesn't have a current, but its nice to be able to sit on the water, and just relax.

Food: SOO good! Literally the best all-inclusive we have had (probably tied with Iberostar Grand). If you can, book the Japanese at the Beach resort, it gets packed really quick and its because its amazing. At the Mediterranean, my husband was able to switch out his Shrimp for Salmon and he got a HUGE serving along with his filet. We also really enjoyed the beach lunches where it was all Jamaican food -- we couldn't get enough of the jerk chicken!

Staff/Iberostar Friends: I utterly loved these people, they really got the crowd going at any event -- whether it was bingo or the nightly shows. Love you Crazy Kenny, Stingray, MoMo, OMG, Twitter, Happy Feet, China Doll -- we miss having them in our daily lives! So much fun! And our personal fave, Glenroy at the Lobby bar!! Always so happy to see us and chat with us :)

The only two downsides: We wish there would've been more nightly activities on the beach, on our last night there we had a Beach Party and it was great! They did the nightly show, had a live band, bonfire, and we were all dancing on the beach. Woudl've been awesome to do that more often. Then, our room didn't have a Do Not Disturb sign, we asked for it twice and once we finally got it, somebody took it from us. We just always felt bad saying "Please come back" to the cleaning ladies.

Otherwise... go here, Jamaica is a great place to travel and its great having the staff and locals speak English. Everyone is incredibly friendly and we know we will be visiting again sometime soon!

Room Tip: Room 4218 has a partial ocean view and its no extra charge!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Please allow us the opportunity to express our candid gratitude to you for choosing to spend your special vacation here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for sharing with us here at Trip Advisor your review on your recent stay with us.

We are overly thrilled to know that you had such a wonderful time while here with us and also that you thoroughly enjoyed the various amenities available to you throughout your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the grounds, pools, food and our friendly and attentive staff. Your suggestion for more nighttime activities on the beach will be directed to the respective manager for consideration.

On behalf of the management and staff here at Iberostar, we would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great hotel with good accommodations and friendly staff. Everyone was very attentive. The entertainment was good. The availability of the different restaurants could be greater and the food at some was fantastic while others were just ok.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having selected the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your preferred vacation hotel and also for sharing your valued opinion of your stay, here on Trip Advisor.

We are indeed thrilled to know that you found our resort to be accommodating with attentive and friendly staff, great entertainment and one that provided you with satisfactory dishes at our various restaurants.

We do hope that we will be given the privilege of hosting you once more sometime in the near future. Once again thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My family of 5 has traveled extensively in the US along with trips to Cancun, Puerto Rico and Aruba. My wife and my kids (21, 20 and 16) were truly amazed with the hotel and staff. We typically don't do all inclusives, but this resort truly surprised us with the variety of restaurants and the food. Each night was a different theme which added to the charm. There was local food as well as food to appeal to an international clientele. I liked the fact that long pants (jeans were ok) and collared shirts were required for dinner. It made dinner seem special in my opinion. We enjoyed all of the restaurants, especially the Japanese. The breakfast buffer was great everyday. My children, who are older, enjoyed the atmosphere and the onsite disco/club. The disco/club always had a lively crowd. The nightly shows were much better than I expected. We actually enjoyed them and looked forward to them. The hotel staff was simply awesome. Never a frown or unfriendly word during our 6 days. Everyone from the bellhop to the servers in the restaurants was extremely friendly and helpful. They all worked hard to entertain and make the vacation a relaxing one. After only a couple of days, they recognized us by face and name. The staff was engaging and shared local history and customs with us and wanted to learn more about the US. A great exchange of cultures for the children who were close to the ages of most of the staff. We had 2 oceanview suites on the 4th floor with a great view of the courtyard and pools and ocean. The bar staff made all sorts of drinks and each bartender had a specialty. The hotel is a little pricey, but we were all in agreement that it was probably the best vacation that we've had. Like the fact that we also had access to the Beach property next door as well. Definitely would stay here again without any hesitation.

We used Lindsay from SNL Tours for a day trip to Dunns Waterfalls and Ocho Rios. Great tour guide and extremely knowledgable. We also did a tour to the mountains on another day. Highly recommend seeing the 'real' Jamaica. You won't regret it.

Negatives: no WIFI in room and the lazy river was too calm. Also, there was only one ATM in the compound. Small liquor bottles in the refrig would have been nice.

Mike

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms on the 4th floor gave a great view of everything. I personally think oceanview was...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike R

Dear guest,

It has indeed been our pleasure to have served you here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we are truly grateful for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to spend your holiday here at Iberostar. It pleases us greatly to know that you had a wonderful experience at our resort and that you and your family enjoyed our facilities, food, various activities and our courteous staff. Your suggestions are essential to our growth and development and have been duly noted for the respective manager to deliberate.
All in all we are thrilled that you had a splendid time here with us and we candidly await your next trip to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We got back from an amazing two week break to Jamaica. The Iberostar rose hall suites was brilliant.
We picked this hotel for our Honeymoon and could not fault it. It was amazing and we would definitely recommend it and we will be back for an anniversary or two!!

The Room: It was huge, we had sea view suite. Massive super king bed, sofa and dining area, spacious balcony. The bathroom was large as well with a huge bath tub, a double sink and a nice big walk in shower! On arrival there was fresh fruit and wine in our room as a Honeymoon welcome, the mini bar was well stocked and topped up every other day.

The Food & Drink: We were lucky enough to eat in all the a la carte restaurants at least once during our trip. Steak House, Japanese, Mediterranean, Mexican, Cajun, Gourmet. Our favourites were the Steak house and Japanese. We also ate in the main buffet several nights which had a great selection of different foods every night. Room service had a large selection to choose from including pudding!! it only took about half an hour to arrive, the only negative was you couldn't get drinks on room service so if you wanted cocktails you had to go get some from the bar. All the bars were well stocked with both local and brand spirits and drinks.

The pools were gorgeous, although the lazy river was definitely on Jamaican time very lazy!! The sea was brilliant, went snorkelling in front of the hotel around the reefs an added bonus! Beach gorgeous and kept clean with plenty of loungers.

Did a few trips (Dunn's falls, Bob Marley Nine mile, Ricks Cafe and Rose Hall Grand House) and some shopping around Jamaica everything was great and nothing was a problem for anybody

Overall an excellent hotel, lovely friendly staff and would highly recommend and would go back!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are honored to have had you celebrate your Honeymoon with us as at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, as there are myriads of other resorts that you could have stayed at, but you decided to share this special event with us. We truly appreciate you emphasizing the highlights of your vacation and sharing them here on Trip Advisor.
It gives us a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you had a superb vacation, and that you enjoyed the food, the drinks, the room, and our diligent staff.
With your recent stay ending on such a good note, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in the near future. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!