“Best holiday we have had... So much fun!!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Kingswinford, West Midlands
“Best holiday we have had... So much fun!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stated at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites with my Husband from 3rd - 17th May 2013. It was our first time in Jamaica and won't be our last! We had a great time! Although we landed in a storm our transfer to the hotel was quick and easy. We were greeted by reception who were very friendly & helpful , and told we had been upgraded. We were very impressed with our suite, there was plenty of storage space , the bathroom was big with 2 sinks , powerful hairdryer , massive bath and walk in shower. The bottle of Champagne was also a nice touch but our balcony view over looking the whole of the hotel was stunning! From day one until our last we did nothing but laugh and have fun with all members of staff ! They were amazing and really looked after us. Have to mention all of the Star Friends ... Krazy Kenny, Happy Feet, Lady China, Cupid , VIP , Sting- Ray , Bobby, Santino and a big mention to Mo- Mo and O.M.G. Loved all of their company and they do a great job! Must also mention Janet ( Main restaurant co ordinator ) Richard ( waiter in buffet and Mexican restaurant) , Dione ( waiter in the Steak House) Paul ( waiter in the Cajun Restaurant) Claudas (waiter in the Gourmet restaurant) Glenroy ( Lobby bar... Great fun , real professional and a good laugh) Christopher ( Blue moon bar & lobby bar) Dick ( Lifeguard... Really friendly) Ricardo ( Theatre barman... Always had our drinks waiting for us without asking) Cassandra ( theatre bar waitress.. Works very hard and always smiling ) , Henry ( main buffet restaurant ... Very friendly and makes excellent omelettes and fruit smoothies) Rohan ( Japenese Restaurant chef.. Great guy and great entertainment) Natalee (Photographer... Crazy lady and loved her... So happy all of the time) Pool bar staff ... Always having a laugh & can tell they really love their job! We met some great people that really made our holiday... big thank you to them all! The hotel itself is stunning , the food in all of the al la carte restaurants is exceptional especially in the Steak house & Gourmet . All drinks are brand named and very strong ! Entertainment and the hotel night club are also very good ... Spent most nights here or at the lobby bar with Glenroy! The infinity pool over looking the gorgeous beach is amazing. There was always plenty of sun beds available both on the beach and pool area. Overall this stay was one of the best holidays we have been on and will definitely be returning ! ' I love Jamaica and Jamaica loves me' ' Yeh mon' !!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank CharliedHiggs
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing Iberostar to spend your holiday as there are myriads of other resorts you could have stayed at, but you chose to vacation with us. We are truly grateful that you have taken the time out of your busy schedule to use this medium to share your experience with other readers.

We are honored to have contributed to giving you the best holiday you’ve had, and we are also thrilled to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your room, the food, drinks, entertainment, pools, beaches and our friendly staff. We will be sure to congratulate the aforementioned staff on a job well done and they will be informed on how they contributed to making your stay the best holiday. We were thrilled to have you here

The management and staff would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and for giving us this wonderful opportunity to create a memorable vacation for you.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our second experience with Iberostar. We have two teenagers, ages 13 & 15. We had previously been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo in Mexico and loved it there, so we decided on this one to try in Jamaica and have no regrets about our choice!

Our room was always very clean and we found the staff to be very helpful. We had a problem with our hair dryer working properly, and someone was sent up promptly to fix it. The whole grounds are really kept up nicely...overall beautiful surroundings! There was always plenty of seating at both the pool and beach areas, but we did secure our spots early so that we would be sure to get a spot under an umbrella.

We were very happy with both qualitly and variety of the food. My son has food allergies, and my daughter is gluten intolerant. We found it fairly easy to find food choices for both of them everywhere we ate. Our favorite restaurant was the Gourmet, but also were happy with the other a la carte restaurants that we went to, Mexican and Steak House. The drinks were a bit watered down, but that is pretty typical of the all-inclusives.

There was plenty to do. My husband and son are very active and enjoyed beach volleyball and soccer every day. We also enjoyed some of the water sports: kayaking, snorkeling, and parasailing (for an extra fee...our kids loved this!) Fun as well was watching the pool games each day...my husband even joined in the fun one of the days. My only comment on this is that they really don't get the teens involved in this. They call up the kids for games at which time you see the younger ones go up to participate. Then they have adult games. My teenagers didn't feel inticed to get involved with the games with the little guys, and they weren't allowed to participate in the adult ones. Maybe if they would make a point of calling up the teens during the kids' part, that would make them feel more comfortable joining in. I know my son would have gone up if that had been the case. They did, however, enjoy just being spectators while enjoying a frozen drink in the pool!

We also liked having photographers on hand to have our picture taken. They were always roaming the pool and beach areas, but were never pushy. We take plenty of our own pictures, but did want to capture a few family shots. We even planned for a sunset photo session for my husband and myself, and ended up with a beautiful shot!

We did leave the grounds one day to do a day trip. There are plenty of options for different tours that you can arrange after you arrive. We happened to do ours ahead of time through Jamaica Real Tours after a recommendation from a friend. Either way, it is nice to get out and enjoy a little of the surrounding areas. We swam and climbed through the Secret Falls, and then went zip lining. On the return ride home, we stopped and ate at Scotchies in Discovery Cove. We had a fabulous day!!

Basically, we had a wonderful time with our whole experience at Rose Hall Suites. If you are looking for a great all-inclusive resort in Jamaica, I highly recommend this one!

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor...beautiful ocean view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan S
Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express to you, our sincere gratitude for not only for choosing Iberostar once more, but also for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

It strengthens our determination upon hearing that you had a memorable time at our resort and that you were pleased with the variety and quality of our food, the cleanliness of our resort and how accommodating our staff was. It’s also nice to know that you participated in various activities such as kayaking and snorkeling and also that you ventured off property to enjoy the attractions and activities Jamaica has to offer

We have taken note of your suggestions regarding more interactive events for teens and will certainly direct them to the respective manager. It is good to know that even though they did not partake in the events they were able to watch and enjoy the frozen drinks at the pool.

In closing, we again would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we look forward to welcoming you once again at our hotel or another Iberostar.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is an icredibly clean resort. The food at the main buffet was very good, but the specialty/a la carte restaurants left something to be desired. We traveled with a baby, and they were incredibly accommodating. I would strongly recommend this property to anyone travelling with a child.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paulf55
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear guest,

It has indeed been our pleasure having you vacation with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we are extremely delighted that you chose to spend your holiday with us and to share your review of your trip with the rest of the online community.

We are extremely pleased to know that you were satisfied with the service you received, the cleanliness of our resort as well as our accommodating and attentive staff.
Your warm review was well received and we sincerely hope that when considering your next vacation that Iberostar will be foremost in your thoughts. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Conshohocken
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked a return trip to the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall to celebrate my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary. We were notified one week before the trip that the Ritz was closing on the 20th. We were moved to the Iberostar Suites. I just returned from our weekend and although we enjoyed the trip I was disappointed in the food and service. The fact that you cannot make more than two reservations at the sit down dinners is unfortunate. Like other reviewers I found that the sit down restaurants are empty and the buffet crowded but the buffet food is the same EVERY DAY! The best meal of the day is breakfast. My daughter had a stomach bug and when I called room service to ask for tea and toast I was told they do not deliver liquids to the rooms and don't have any toast. When the other room service arrived ( with no crackers or toast) I asked if I could get some ice and was shown how to get to the ice machine. That would never happen at the Ritz! I was forced to leave a sick child alone while I was shown the ice machine down the hall and around the corner. The towels at the pool are strictly monitored which caused us to stress out over counting towels each day for fear of not getting new ones in the morning or getting charged for the missing ones. Overall a beautiful property. Nice rooms, comfortable beds but I wouldn't be in a hurry to return and am mourning my memories of prior visits to the Ritz.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the ground floor ask to move immediately! We were the first room off of the poo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank etsplash
Dear guest,

Please allow us this opportunity to thank you for vacationing at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and also for providing your valued feedback of your recent visit to our hotel.

We are truly delighted to learn that you were pleased with décor of our property the nice rooms and comfortable beds. On the other hand we are quite disheartened to know that you were not pleased with the food or service you received and we would like to indicate that this is not a true depiction of our standard of operations. Your suggestions and comments are will indeed be directed to our operations team for their deliberation.

We hope that we will be afforded another opportunity to prove to you our dedication to total client satisfaction on your next visit to Iberostar

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I just got back from a trip here already want to go back! Everyone here has a smile on their face, and wants to make sure you have a good time. ESPECIALLY the entertainment crew. VIP, Tweeta, Momo, China and Stingray are the best!!! They make such a great team and amazing dancers. The bartenders are fun, there is a great variety of food at the buffet, and the disco is a great place to dance at night. Every night there is an amazing show, and they even do some for the kids. I truly miss this place, and all the amazing people.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Janelle M
Dear guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for selecting Iberostar as your holiday destination and also for sharing your kind comments with us as well.
It is certainly a pleasure to learn that you had the best time of your life during your stay here and that you already want to come back. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our shows, the variety of food at the restaurants, the disco and our entertainment crew. VIP, Tweeta, Mo Mo, China and Stingray will all be informed that they contributed to making your stay a memorable one.

It is hoped that you will not hesitate to return for your next vacation and we especially invite you to consider Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, your vacation, “home away from home”

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just came back from a 5 day girls vacation and could not have asked for a better trip. The resort was always clean, the staff was always there to help and there is such a great variety of food. The view from our room balcony was absolutely breathtaking. The swim up bar was a perfect addition to the beautiful infinity pool and the disco was an amazing place to dance and have fun! They keep the entertainment going from morning to night thanks to the Star Friends! They really made the whole vacation amazing and I would go back in a heartbeat just for them. Big shout out to *VIP, Tweeta, MoMo and China*. This resort is beyond beautiful and I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: The family suite was amazing!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danielle C
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and for taking the time out to share with other travellers your view of your stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful time here with us and are anticipating your return visit to our resort. We are also thrilled to know that you enjoyed various aspects of your vacation including the cleanliness of our resort, the room, pools, disco and our courteous and entertaining staff. We will be certain to congratulate VIP, Tweeta, MoMo and China with contributing to making your vacation a memorable one.

In closing, we would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and we candidly await your return.

Fairfax, Virginia, USA
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We arrived late so we were tired but got a nice welcome from the front desk. Orlando checked us in quickly and the lady from the bar just came to greet us with a cool drink. I was glad that Orlando gave us a suite on a higher floor. I believe that no one likes to have a room on the 1st floor so I suggest you can price those suites at a lower rate - just to be fair. I love the suite with roomy balcony and bathroom. The beach and pool were clean and beautiful. There was always cleaning staff to go around to pick up trash. The lazy river was so 'lazy' but I had a good time with it. It was one of the reasons I booked this hotel. The entertainment was good but I hoped of more performance at the lobby bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank Laxanh
Dear guest,

Let me begin by saying a very special thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for taking time out to share your opinions about our resort and your experience with us.
It gives us a feeling of satisfaction upon hearing that you felt welcomed from the moment of arrival and had a great time for the rest of your stay. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the room, the clean beaches, pools and the lazy river. In addition, I would like to point out that your valued comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated as they aid us in continually improving our service and standards.

To this end your review was most rewarding. We invite you to come again soon and ask that you will make Iberostar your destination of choice for your next vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!