“Great place BUT I've been to better...”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went April 11th thru the 20th (longest vacation ever!)
I will start by saying that I WOULD recommend this resort to people because overall it was a nice place. We checked in with ease. Damion at the front desk was a DELIGHT to deal with. He was super accomodating! The Resort is beautifully kept. Very clean. Beautiful Beach and Pool areas. Beach/pool chairs were always available. The Kids water park is a LOT of fun for children (fyi, the water in there is a lot colder than the pool). The food was good and the staff was friendly enough...I will just list my let downs...
CONS:
1) I was a little let down by the entertainment: When I go on vacations, I tend to stay at the RIU and their entertainment is awesome. So I kinda had higher expectations for Iberostar. There wasnt much happening in the daytime as far as entertaining goes and The night shows usually start at 9pm and by 9:15 people would already be over it and leaving. Also it was very repetitive so that made it disappointing as well. Dont get me wrong, the entertainment staff is VERY friendly and made us feel comfortable but they need better themes.
2) The inconvenient times that housekeeping would come to the door: Most mornings the room was fully cleaned by 930 am (which was great b/c we were already on the beach by 830!) but on more than one occasion, they came after 10pm for "turndown service". Really?? After 10pm?? I think 8pm should be the latest time housekeeping should be knocking on peoples doors. And yes I did put my "do not disturb" card up after the 1st inconvenient knock on day 2 of the vacation. It was unfortunately ignored on future days!
3) The towels they provide in the bathroom were SOOOO hard! It would hurt to dry off after taking a shower, especially if your skin is slightly sunburned...A little fabric softener would really be great! We ended up taking our pool towels up to our room because they were slightly softer...just slightly!

Not the worst cons, which is why in the end, I would recommend the place but I dont think I will go back...

Room Tip: We stayed in bldg 4 on the 3rd floor- Away from the noise of the theatre and club yet close enough t...
1  Thank Melanie L
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar as there are myriad of other resorts to choose from, but you chose to spend your special vacation with us. We would also like to point out that we do appreciate your kind comments posted here on Trip Advisor.

It is gratifying to hear that you have had a great holiday with us and that you were overly pleased with our staff, food, beaches and pools. We would also like to point out that we have taken note of your concerns and suggestions and they will be forwarded to the respective manager for their deliberation.

Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Check in was easy, front staff was friendly. Entertainment crew was impressive and always active keeping everyone happy from what I could see.
The beach is clean, the water clear, plenty of pool towels and Chris Rock at the bar will make you a fantastic Miami Vice or CraZy Monkey that is delicious. Speaking of delicious is the plantains and the jerk chicken. I don't think you could have a bad meal here.
All three properties here are beautiful and would love to stay in the Grand and have the swim up pool.
Felt like this was a safe environment to do nothing or everything.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Rosehall Suites to spend your vacation and for also taking the time to write a review of how wonderful your vacation at our resort was.

It highly motivates us to know that you enjoyed our delicious meals, our well-kept pools and grounds and our safe environment.
We are honored to have contributed to your wonderful vacation and we candidly look forward to your next visit to Iberostar.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were there from 20th april-26th april. This is our first experience with all inclusive resort. We really enjoyed it. The resort is very well kept. It was very clean. I saw the staff cleaning the pool area every night.
The food is amazing too. I am a vegetarian but always found something nice to eat. We like the buffet very much alwsy something for everyone. The pasta stand at buffet 5 star. The staff is really amazing always smile and ready to help. Very accommodating.
The lazy river is really lazy:) but we had a lot of fun in that. The kids play area is fun too. Drinks awesome. They made some fresh fruits smoothies (just need to ask).

Twice a day room service. They provide beach towels. Bring lots of sunscreen and after sun cream. These are very expensive at resort store.

Entertainment was good. Really enjoyed the Tutty-fruity show on Friday night.
Free shuttle to the Rose Shoppe from resort. The beach is really beautiful and clean. They ask for drinks all the time.
Onsite snorkeling , kayaking and sailing..all free!

Room Tip: our room was on ground floor (the 4 thousand series) Though no pool/ocean view but still we liked it...
1  Thank Funny_007

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend your vacation and also for sharing with other travelers the experience you had at our resort.
We are pleased that you had a wonderful vacation with us and that you enjoyed every aspect of our resort. It has certainly been a pleasure hosting you and we hope to be able to offer our hospitality to you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the first and last time we will stay at an Iberostar property. We made reservations a year in advance for a king sized bed in our room. We were told at check-in that there were none left. We checked back at the desk (2 & 3 times daily) to see if one had opened up. None did. Why? Did we not tip big enough? The food was all over the chart, from great to lousy. It took 3 days to get a blowdryer that blew hot air. Nice getaway with my new wife, NOT!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shafe-01

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and for taking the time out to share with the rest of the online community your view of your stay with us.

We do apologize if we were unable to grant your request this time; however, we hope that you will once again give us the opportunity to prove our dedication to customer service.
Once again, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we certainly look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I travelled to IRHS April 8th to 15th. We have been there before and this time was just as great as the last time.

Check in was very quick and we were given a room in the 4200 block as I had requested. The rooms are lovely, with plenty of closet space for all of your clothes. The bathroom had two vanities, a shower and a jacuzzi tub. Our room overlooked the pool and the stunning grounds. We were a little disappointed with the balcony, being a little on the small side, but that was because we were very spoiled on our last visit, getting one of the very few larger balconies in room 4219.

All wait staff in the restaurants, bars, beach, and theatre were great. There are too many names to remember (especially since we spent our second week at the Grand) but my special thanks to Janique in the lobby bar, Deidreana on the beach and Cecile in the cigar bar. Bartenders were all top-notch and speedy and especially remember Orille and Ricky.

The food was excellent. I am a picky eater and don't like any meat other than poutry or beef, but I always found something to eat. I prefer Jamaican food and was very surprised on a few nights when the Jamaican corner offered Italian or Chinese food instead. The jerk chicken is absolutely delicious, and the jerk sauce was my favourite because it is not toned down for the tourists at all like some other resorts do. I left the restaurant many nights with lips on fire! Now that's jerk!! I had chili for lunch one time at Aunt Ruby's and I have to say, it was the hottest chili I've ever eaten in my life. I love spicy! However, the next time I had the chili it was very mild. Who can forget tall Kevin in the buffet restaurant? Everyone was exceptional but I am terrible when it comes to remembering names.

The star friends are very friendly and my favourite had to be Happy Feet. I really only met the men star friends, as we spent all day on the beach and the women star friends never came down to the beach. Therefore, I missed many activities due to the fact that I wasn't aware they were going on. The last time I was there, someone always came to the beach to round us up for activities. I purposely did go up to the pool for the advertised patois lesson, but they never gave one the whole week I was there.

The shows in the theatre were excellent except I didn't care much for Mr. Iberostar and The Ideal Couple. Even though I have seen all of the shows before on my previous trip, I can't get enough of Reggae Night and Jamaican Roots. The next week, when I was staying at the Grand, I returned to the Suites to catch those shows again. The beach party was awesome!

As a matter of fact, during the second week of my trip when I was at the Grand, I returned to the suites almost every day anyhow. I had a major problem with my room assignments over there. It's amazing that such a simple thing as that can pretty much ruin your vacation but it did. Congratulations to Barrington at the front desk at the Grand. You have to work REALLY hard to tick off some Canadians, so all I can say is, "job well done." The rest of the vacation at the Grand should have been great because everything else was fine, but I kept returning to the Suites. It was my saviour in saving the second week from total disaster. I will NOT be returning to the Grand.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Suites. I have said for a long time that I would never again go anyplace but Jamaica, but after the terrible stay at the Grand, maybe there is a bigger world out there. I love the Suites but I'm sure they must be sick of me there. So, while I highly recommend the Suites, for me next year it's "Adios, Jamaica y hola, Replublica Dominicana!"

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

First and fore most I would like to extend the appreciation from the Management team and Staff at the Iberostar Rosehall Suites for not only being our value guest, but the time you have taken out of your busy schedule to write a review of how wonderful your vacation was with us.
It has been a pleasure hosting you at our resort and we are elated to understand that you had a really wonderful time while vacationing with us and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the room, the food, the shows and our courteous staff.

We are extremely disheartening to understand that you were not pleased with the experience you had at the Grand, we are however, pleased to know that despite these isolated setbacks, you still enjoyed the overall Iberostar experience.

Again, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and we sincerely look forward to hosting you once more when not next year maybe the year after.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Just back from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and thought this resort was awesome. We were treated excellent by all the staff. Our room was very clean as was the whole resort. Food was great. Entertainment was fantastic! Crazy Kenny, VIP, China and all the rest were excellent. Even around the pool they were entertaining without hanging around too much. The shows in the theater were great and not to long! Pretty good party atmosphere during the day and all seemed to quiet down at a half decent time in the evening. Beautiful place... never mind the negative reviews. .. go and have fun!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Timberfly

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for writing a review for Trip Advisor about your holiday.

We are extremely delighted to know that you had a wonderful time at our resort and that you enjoyed our food, the cleanliness of our resort, our entertainment activities and staff.
It has truly been our pleasure having you here with us and once again, thanks for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great hotel, but use your free safe and lock everything up. We stayed here April 22-26 2013. We left for dinner and returned an hour later and money was stolen from our dresser by the maid. We did not know they had a turndown service and when she came in she took the money. The manager never touched base with us and the security team questioned the maid, of course she said she did not see money. Be careful with your valuables

4  Thank Dana C

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your vacation and for taking the time out to share with the rest of the online community your view of your stay with us. The Management and Staff at IBEROSTAR Resorts are committed in providing an ambience which satisfies our guests’ requirements, we sincerely regret if the circumstances mentioned may have affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel.

Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which you have encountered. We would like to reassure you however that this is not a true depiction of our guest experience, and all the corrective measures where necessary, have been taken so as not to have a reoccurrence of the situation mentioned.

We truly regret hearing that your money went missing from your room while vacationing with us. As it pertains to your particular case, our security team did an investigation into the matter however we were not able to come to an amicable conclusion.

We do hope that we will be given the privilege once more of hosting you at our resort as it would be an honor to prove to you, our absolute commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!