“Two thumbs up!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Halifax, Canada
“Two thumbs up!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This resort is only 5 years old and it's a stunner. The rooms are large and clean with individual balconies. Huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub for two. The restaurants are amazing! Service is awesome. Staff are very friendly and speak English. It's only 25 minutes from airport. We were part of a group for a wedding and that went off without a hitch. It was a very beautiful beach wedding. Only downfall was the drains in bathroom sink didn't work properly. This resort will not disappoint.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and for taking the time out to share with the rest of the online community your view of your stay with us.

We are extremely proud to hear that you were pleased with our outstanding service and friendly staff, and that you enjoyed the room and the restaurants. We also appreciate that our resort was selected for your wedding group and equally pleased that as a guest you were also able to enjoy the wedding and the services offered.

With that being said, we will certainly forward your concerns regarding the drains in the bathroom and sink to the respective manager for their consideration.
It has been an absolute pleasure hosting you at our resort and we sincerely look forward to your next visit with us. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,049)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
New Jersey
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great place. We first went in 2008, married there in 2009, brought the kids that we conceived there with us in 2010. We have not been back, but we are looking to return in September, 2013. My hubby is Jamaican, so he loves that they have a great selection of local food at every meal. There is a mini fridge & we brought a kettle for hot water, so we didn't have to go down for water for bottles. We have twins, so they provided us with 2 cribs (no cost). We had more than enough space in the room. The place is really clean & pretty.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank girlynj
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for taking the timeout to share with the rest of the online community your view on your stay with us.
It is certainly heartwarming to hear that you tied the knot at our resort and have returned with two new members of your family to share the Iberostar experience with them.

We certainly look forward to your visit this September and would like to thank you once again for making it Iberostar.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This holiday was beyond anything we expected and buy the first week of our two week holiday we were already discussing coming back!! CHINA, MO-MO, HAPPY FEET, sting ray, sweetness and o.m.g made mine and my sister Hannah's holiday we fell in love with all of them and miss them so much!! We met so many amazing people and made memories we will never forget, we adored every second and we can't wait to come back this holiday easily beats Mexico and Florida. We will be seeing jamaica again very soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It was truly our pleasure having you vacation with us and we are really pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the company of our Star Friends and are already planning on a second visit.

We have had the honor of hosting you at our resort and we certainly look forward to your next visit with us. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Really enjoy our stay at the Suites. Worth the upgrade! The pool is really nice, and we did not have a problem with having seats available. The restaurants were wonderful. Our favorite was the Gourmet - the food and service was excellent. We were not disappointed with any restaurant. The hotel and the rooms are very nice - only complaint would be the bathroom, the lighting is very low and the hairdryers are not as strong as we are used to in the U.S. Book your stay, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RosiePeoria_Illinois
Dear guest,

We are extremely thrilled to know that you had such a wonderful time at our resort and also to know that you enjoyed our rooms, pools and restaurants. As it pertains to the lighting in the bathroom, I will forward your concerns to the respective manager for consideration.
We are truly thrilled to have had you vacation with us and we sincerely look forward to your next visit with us. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

we had an amazing time at this location beach, rooms, weather and food were great. the only complaint we had was that the service to the room was so inconsistent - mini bar not stocked and when we called they didn't have the kinds of items that were in the room to start and took forever to come - the evening room bed turn down was 5 one day 10 the next so we canceled it - and lastly the mixed drinks that we so much love during the day were different every time we ordered them - seemed a little watered down also

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

2 Thank islander023
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest,

We are extremely pleased to understand that you had a great stay at our resort and that you enjoyed the food, the pools and room. We sincerely regret any dissatisfaction you experienced and we will certainly forward your concerns to the respective managers for their consideration.
It was certainly our pleasure to have hosted you and we look forward to your next visit with us. Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Travelled to Jamaica for a wedding and vacation, choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as home away from home. The location was a reasonable distance from Montego Bay, not too far from the airport, with a beautiful beach. Plenty of watersports available at the resort and a surprisingly good man made reef with various species of fish to swim with.

The food selection was quite diverse and offered both local and international fare. Especially good was the Japanese Samurai restaurant which provided entertainment and great food.

The room was perfect for a week long all-inclusive stay and we weren't bothered by noise even though the room was in a busier area of the resort.

The tour operators were more than helpful and made the selection and registration for our excursions seamless. Special thanks to Audrey for helping get us to our tour when the bus left us behind.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MFreezin
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the management team of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing to be valued guests of our resort. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your holiday with Iberostar.

That being said, we are extremely proud to understand from your kind comments that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and moreover, were pleased with several aspects of our resort including our close proximity to the airport, beach and water sports, food, rooms and the friendly service of the tour operators.

Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to offering you our hospitality again in the near future.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Sit down, grab a drink, relax and enjoy my LONG review of paradise!

First to start off this review I would like to say that I had a GREAT time in Jamaica at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites...it was a clean hotel, good food, good staff and all around a fun time! We were a group of 20 with some who liked to party and some who liked to lay around, play on the beach, etc. We went for a wedding. To break it down further...

Transfer from the airport to the hotel was quick enough and easy to navigate. On both the arrival and return trip the drivers gave us some history of the island and Jamaica. Typical, but still nice to have.

Front desk staff were ok. Some more helpful than others. No one that really made a big impression. Except that I asked for two more blankets for our friend who was sick and they never arrived. I asked twice and even offered to get them myself and take them to her…I was disappointed that they didn’t get to her, but nothing to write a very negative review about! Ricardo was one of the security people I believe and he was really great. Remembered me (even when I didn’t remember him) and made a point to chat with us.

I didn't find the staff to be tip hungry which I appreciated. I will tip at an all inclusive IF someone makes my vacation better and if they aren’t just expecting it without doing anything. The swim-up/poolside bar staff were AWESOME! Jules, Christopher, Clemente, Wadrick…and I know there were others, but you were so good at serving those drinks that I cannot even remember if I am remembering everyone! They made such a fun place to be that we actually spent more time in the shade at the bar than in the sun laying out (we did get some sun so we actually looked like we had been on vacation, but that sun is HOT so be warned-we burnt pretty bad the first day). The poolside servers seemed to be good as well, but like I said, we spent a lot of our time in the water;). The wait staff in the restaurants were friendly and most were quick enough. The buffet and restaurant staff were also great (O’Neil I believe is the omelet guy-GREAT job, missing you every morning). The “Star Friends” entertainment staff were fine, I really didn’t interact with them much. Their daily dances at the poolside were appreciated…Crazy Kenny-I could watch you dance every day! And the others were quite easy on the eyes too! The Star Friends really did a great job of interacting with the kids so it was good to see that happen even though I don’t have kids of my own I appreciated it. We only made one show and it was pretty bad. It was the Tutti-Frutti one. Maybe just not my idea of fun, but the comedy wasn’t funny to me and I was bored.

I would also like to give a shout out to “Tevin” at the steak house just in between Beaches and Suites. He is not only an awesome “champagne pourer”, but he is a great guy and made my birthday special! We went back one day to see him and he was just going off shift, but he stayed to serve us a couple bottles of champagne and say goodbye as we were leaving-could have been for the tip, but I didn’t feel like that is what he was waiting for or expecting.

The lobby bar was a great meeting place for us every night. We sat outside and just relaxed before dinner (and sometimes after dinner even).

Room service food was really good and fast! The capresse salad and margarita pizza was delicious! We even had them bring champagne on my birthday which was a nice touch. The availability of food 24 hours/day was awesome for those of us who like to be out late! Food everywhere we went was good. The steak house rib eye was HUGE! But their ‘appetizer’ was a joke-2 onion rings and a piece of jerk chicken that looked like a dead mouse, but all in all, I didn’t really care much, just please either improve that appetizer or leave it outJ. The Tepanaki restaurant was good and a lot of fun. We didn’t go to many other restaurants because the reservations were hard to get, but also because I am not the type of person that really needs restaurant reservations; I like to eat when I want, etc. I do wish they had food at the pool side, but that does attract seagulls, so in one sense it was nice not having them, but it would have been great to not have to go inside to eat. Even just fries, etc would be good.

We went to the ‘disco’ almost every night, and while they perhaps were ‘smoke machine happy’ at times, it was a lot of fun. The bartenders were nice, the music was dancy and generally it was a good time. The Star Friends were there and interacting with guests, but we really didn’t interact with them much, we were having fun on our own!!

We went there for a wedding and I must say that they are a well oiled machine when it comes to weddings! There was at least one/day of all levels and types. Some very basic, some quite elaborate (like our friend). The wedding planner seemed on top of everything. She hired a different photography company (Sungold I believe) and they were awesome! They danced with us at the beach party and did an amazing job. The wedding took place on the island in the lazy river which was a great location. The wind was strong so the beach just wasn’t going to work out. But they did a great job with that. It was kinda cool having everyone watching from their balcony/around the island. One note: the music they have is very limited it seems so bring what you want on an MP3 player or CD. I gave them my iPod and they played that for the wedding. The beach bonfire was cool, although we didn’t spend time at the fire but rather dancing with the DJ. I only wish that the hotel didn’t have a curfew of 10:30 for that to end, but I understand that there are weddings every night so they have to cut it off somewhere. Maybe until 11:00 would have been good, but either way, it was a blast!! We did the speeches there and it worked well.

The free wifi in the lobby was great to have to be able to share pictures, etc of your vacation. We brought a travel router (D-link) and actually had wifi in the room which made it even better as we didn’t have to go to the lobby to use it. But there is free wired internet in the rooms, again, another great service that isn’t available at every hotel.

Excursions/shopping

I only did the night time tour of the “White Witch” house. It was a cool trip, but not entirely sure it was worth the $45. The “witches brew” you can buy in the bar was GROSS! Everyone that ordered it tossed it, just FYI. The actors that scare you were predictable in some ways, but we still screamed. It was a cool house and interesting enough. We had fun. The gift shop there has some nice stuff.

Two friends went to the market and Margaritaville. They enjoyed the trip but said that people were really pushy and that they didn’t have enough time at Margariaville…and to me, they were GROSSLY over charged for what they had there. The shopping at the hotel was apparently just as cheap as the market. I travel a lot to the Bahamas and felt like it was likely a lot like my favourite place Senior Frogs so I skipped the trip. The booze at the airport was cheaper so get your stuff at the Sunrise Liquor which is just past security. They pack it right there for you (tip those boys, they work hard).

People in the group also did the swim with the Dolphins and dunn river falls and they enjoyed those.

Overall, it was a great vacation that I will remember and laugh about for years to come I am sure. I travel a lot and seriously had a great time just on the resort. I do feel like it was a more expensive vacation than my normal, but I now think that it was worth (almost) every penny:)

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank LaughDanceLive
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us and for sharing your views of your stay with the online community here on Trip Advisor. We are also delighted to know that you believe you received value for your money by staying at our resort.
First of all let me start by congratulating your friends on tying the knot, we wish them all the best in their new lives together. Having said that we are extremely thrilled to understand that you had a wonderful time here and that you enjoyed the food, drink, the activities and overall quality service you received. As for the persons you mentioned in your comments, we will certainly see to it that they are congratulated for a job well done, as we are certain they will appreciate hearing this.

In closing I would once again like to thank you for choosing Iberostar, it was our pleasure to have provided you with great memories and we sincerely look forward to your next visit with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,918 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!