“Second time around even better!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay, Jamaica over our children's spring break. We were there in March 2010 and decided to return in March 2013. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids ages 16, 13, and 6. We decided to come back to the resort becasue there is so much to do at the resort for kids and adults of all ages. Also, we really appreciated how close the pool and the beach are to the rooms.
We had two ocean view rooms on the top floor and the view was amazing! We could see all of the pool area, lazy river, and beach. The rooms are large and we even were able to get a connecting room for our three children. They can't guarantee connecting rooms, but we did contact the resort in advance by email and through our travel agent putting in that request. We were lucky they were able to grant our request.
The food at the resort is very good for an All-Inclusive resort. We loved the food especially at the Gourmet Restaurant, the Meditteranean, and the Japanese. We enjoyed the food at the Mexican as well and the Steakhouse (although not our favorite). The service at all the restaurants was great! We ate at the buffet twice for dinner and the food was fine; we just really prefer to have a chance to order off a menu and sit and relax so we went to the ala carte restaurants whenever we could get a reservation. For breakfast and lunch we went to the buffet every day and it was also good for a buffet.
The Star Friends are an added plus to the vacation. They lead lots of games and activities at the pool and the beach for adults and kids all day long. There is never a lack of things to do. The Star Friends are also around in the evening for all of the evening shows. The evening shows are fun, but we have seen them before so it does get a little repetative. It was basically the same shows as three years ago. The Star Friends are great entertainers and the guys were amazing dancers!!! It was fun to watch them dance by the pool every afternoon. They are very friendly and make sure you are having a good time.
You can get free wi-fi in the lobby and the lobby bar anytime. There is no internet access in the rooms.
I also have to say we really enjoyed our day trip to Dunns River Falls and the Dolphin Cove. Our tour guide Maxine was amazing!!! You should ask for her whenever you book tours. We went through apple vacations but she was the person who accompanied us on our trip. She gave us so much information about life in Jamaica. It was so interesting and entertaining.
I definitely recommend this resort. Our check in and check out were simple and stress free!
Hopefully, we will be able to go there again soon!!!

Room Tip: We were in rooms 3424 and 3425. Excellent ocean view and connecting! The only serious noise is whe...
2  Thank Tinsman5
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing to be guests of our resort and for sharing your review of your stay with us here on Trip Advisor.

Let me begin by saying that we sincerely appreciate you vacationing with us once more and we are extremely pleased to understand that you were satisfied with your room, the food, and the overall service you received.

That being said, I would like to point out that each room has internet access. There is an Ethernet port in each room that requires the use of an Ethernet cable to enable internet access to electronic devices, e.g. Laptop. Please bear in mind, however, that there is no Wi-Fi access in the rooms.

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and we sincerely look forward to your next visit with us.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,446)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rose Hall Suites for our honeymoon last September 2012. We had an amazing time. The room was clean everyday. The food was great ( although stressing over dinner reservation wasnt the best). The entertainment team were so much fun and hilarious. They kept us laughing, we actually had lunch with one of them. The beach is rather small but was never crowded. Go snorkeling, it was awesome. The swimup bar was great and the drinks were strong. Make sure you go to luminous lagoon if you are going off resort. We plan on going back this year and staying at the Suites again!! Pay the extra money for the Suites ( the beach hotel was nowhere near as nice). Take beach shoes, the ocean and sand are rocky. The only negative thing, we saw a large roach in the lobby. But they have so much food coming in for the restaraunts that its not uncommon.

Room Tip: We had a corner room pool view. It was ocean view as well.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 614RachelM614

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Iberostar and for sharing with the rest of the online community your view on your stay here with us.

We are extremely pleased to know that you’ve enjoyed yet another wonderful vacation with us and that you have already planned on returning sometime in the near future. It has certainly been our pleasure hosting you once more and we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Traveled to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites with my husband and 2 year old son. We all had a ball. Check-in was smooth and hassle free. Our room was magnificent, located on the top floor with a wonderful view of the ocean. The balconies in the rooms are great, it added space to our room and our son enjoyed standing out there and watching the boats go by. The suites are also very spacious, the sofas pull-out into a full-size bed which was perfect for our son (we expected him to have to sleep with us every night but he slept through the night on the pull-out a couple of times too). It did rain a couple of days during our vacation but the kids area had an indoor play area including a kitchen set, a tool set and sand toys (with X-box and Wii for the older kids) so we were still able to get out of the room and do some things even in the rain. The food was also excellent, the buffet was one of the best we have experienced at an all-inclusive resort and we were able to make reservations at 3 of the specialty restaurants too. We would definitely return for another vacation in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for spending your vacation at our exquisite resort and also for taking the time out to share with the rest of the online community here at Trip Advisor, your Iberostar experience.
We are overly pleased to hear that you were content with your spacious room and the view it provided and that you thoroughly enjoyed our facilities, food and warm Jamaican hospitality from our staff.

It has truly been our pleasure to have had you vacation with us and we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our first All Inclusive Vacation for our family of 4...two girls aged 9 and 12.

The resort is beautiful and well maintained. They keep everything very clean, always saw workers wiping and cleaning the floors, walls, stairs, and even the lighting fixtures.

The pool is nice and big, not crowded, with a great swim up bar and view of the beach and ocean.

The highlight is the entertainment crew called star friends that are energetic and friendly and take the time through out the day to talk to guests and make you laugh. They put in a lot of effort and hours to ensure everyone is having fun.

The food was OK, we ate mostly at the buffet. We tried two restaurants, the steak house and Mediterranean. For a la carte restaurants we were not that impressed. We had to get up and get our own appetizer and desert...which we found odd...might as well went to the buffet.

The entertainment at night was OK as well ... Beach party and couple shows were ok.

The rooms are nice and big with a nice balcony and view of pool and ocean.

The kids had a blast participating in the various games throughout the day and winning some awards...as well playing in the water park.

One good thing about the resort is they do not allow any vendors on the beach so you will not be bothered by people to try and make you buy something.

I would definitely recommend this resort for a family vacation.

4  Thank WizardMan99

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing to be guests of our resort and for sharing your Iberostar experience with the rest of the online community here on Trip Advisor.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of satisfaction to understand that you enjoyed several aspects of our resort including our well-kept grounds, beaches and pools, plush suites, activities and last but not least, our energetic Star Friends Team.

With your recent trip to Iberostar being such a positive one, we are quite confident that you will again be staying at our lovely property and as such, we sincerely look forward to your next visit. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Sorry for the tardy review, but we spent our winter break at Iberostar Suites and ended up having a wonderful time despite some negatives. The property is beautiful and the staff is friendly and helpful. It was nice to not have to get up at 6am to reserve chairs at the beach. We were a party of 8 and were able to reserve 8 chairs together every day. We noticed all week that more people were in the pool than in the sea and found out the last day why, there were sea urchins that REALLY hurt if you stepped on them. The food was ok, I thought at such a beautiful property the food would have been better, it was also upsetting that the men had to wear long pants on a beach vacation, but the restaurants were nothing special. As many others have mentioned, most restaurants were half empty each night, and many were turned away when they tried to make reservations. The rooms were very stuffy and smelled moldy, the bed spreads seemed dirty as well. It would be much nicer to have white duvets for a cleaner look and feel. Our other major complaint was the alcohol selection, half the brands we never heard of, the mixers tasted terrible and many drinks were wasted. One night we were charged for a bottle of champagne and the next night ordered the same bottle which was included. When we asked about it the next day and tried to have it removed from the bill they gave us a story, but it wasn't worth fighting about. I was impressed with the crew at the pool, they were very respectful of the guests trying to relax and apologized for the hour of fun in the afternoon. People seemed to enjoy the games whether they were playing or relaxing. I know I've mentioned mostly negatives, but through it all we had a great vacation and would consider returning to the Iberostar Grand next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cathy2921

Dear guest

First of all let me begin by thanking you for choosing to spend your vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for taking the time out to share with us and the rest of the online community your view on your stay with us.
We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beach and pool areas and were quite pleased with the entertainment staff coordinating the activities. On another note we are saddened to hear that you were not entirely pleased with your stay with us, especially with the rooms and reservations. With regards to the issues you experienced in your room this is not a true representation of our standard of operations and will be passed on to the appropriate manager.
In closing, we again would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Yeah Mon - they promise a lot; and they fail to deliver, mon... It was my second time at one of these all inclusive resorts. I knew to expect the typical watered down drinks. The property was decent, the food was very average-again, on par for expectations. We went for a destination wedding, and received, of all things, the worst service during the wedding reception dinner. In an un-air conditioned "fancy" restaurant, with no servers in sight. At the beginning of the dinner, they had 4 servers attending to us - by the end of the first course, that had whittled down to 1. I was just glad I was neither the bride or groom, as I could only be embarrassed for them. With no AC in the restaurant, we all sat, sweating, waiting for the tiny piece of steak to come out. Then we waited another hour for the deserts that had to have been sitting in some cooler for hours before that to come out. The people that didn't order the steak sat waiting for even longer... It was just pretty pathetic.

If you just want to sit on a pretty beach, go. If you expect a high level of service, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joel60610

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. We would also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience at our resort with others here on Trip Advisor.

It is truly disconcerting to understand from your comments that you received the worst service at your friend’s wedding reception dinner. This is certainly regrettable and we will advise the restaurant manager of your comments. We sincerely regret any dissatisfaction you may have experienced. We take great pride in hosting a wedding couple’s special day here and where we have fall short we appreciate knowing.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and sincerely hope that we will be given the privilege of hosting you once again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Really wanted to love this place - this was our first all-inclusive or Iberostar experience. After a 2hr delay in Philly and an hour on the bus, I was exhausted when I finally got to the front desk with my family. The desk agent (Damion) acted strange, demanding that I return his (my) pen and laughing at seemingly nothing. I don't know if this is some sort of bizarre dance where I bribe him or beg him for an upgrade, but I was too tired and too confused about the pen, so I did my best to play along and gave him my pen. We ended up with the worst room in the place - on the bottom corner by the restaurant. The room was dirty, with blood stains and hairs on the sheets, a non-functioning TV, and a general grunginess. There were gigantic (and tiny) roaches in the bathroom and the room was crazy-humid. I called for someone to fix the TV and was told to keep turning the TV on and off to make it work (this was after calling about it 4 times). It also took 4 calls to get sheets for the sofa bed for my kids, and we didn't get a blanket for them until the second day. I asked for a new room and was told the place was completely booked. The towels were rough and thin. This is NOT a 4-star resort room.

On the other hand, the beach and pools were lovely. There was plenty to do. The food at the buffet was fantastic and the lines were acceptable. We never wanted to eat anywhere else. The service was spotty - some great and some poor. The fitness center was adequate.

So, if you are not too concerned about your room and just need a place to crash, this may be your place! If you have little kids like I do and like to have a nice hotel room to go with your resort, this is likely not your place.

I stole the pen from our room. I consider myself even with Iberostar on that count.

Room Tip: I imagine they are all dirty, but the higher you go, the better it gets.
4  Thank Military_Traveler11

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the management and staff, we would like to express our gratitude for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and for also taking the time out to share us and the rest of the online community your experience at our hotel.

We are truly saddened to understand that you were not overly pleased with the overall experience of your room, and we sincerely regret any dissatisfaction. We will advise the housekeeping department of your comments, as well as the front desk manager for the general discomfort experienced in these areas. As it relates to these issues these are by no means is a true depiction of our standard of operations and the respective managers will be notified.
Having said that, we have ascertained from your comments, that you were pleased with the hotel in general and you were able to enjoy our beach, pools and the wide variety of food at our buffet.

We are however extremely thankful that these remote matters did not affect the general quality of your stay at our hotel and we sincerely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you again at our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!