“Loved it!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lakefield, Canada
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you are looking for a great family destination then this hotel does not disappoint. It's clean, friendly, great service, food, entertainment. Actually the entertainers are absolutely great! It's a hopping place, yet the beach is quiet and private. It has everything one can only hope for.
Would go back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Evelyne D
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us and we are most gratified to know that out of the many resorts available, you chose to vacation with us. We are also pleased that you took the time out to share your reviews online.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of contentment upon hearing that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and your kind remarks about the cleanliness of our facilities, our hospitable staff, delicious food and the splendid entertainment provided by our entertainers are well received as this will go a far way in further motivating our teams to continue improving on our standards.

It is pleasing to know that you had a very enjoyable and relaxing time at our resort and we therefore genuinely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,064)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
new hampshire
Reviewed March 3, 2013

First off, let me start by saying we are NOT picky people, so if you are... this review probably won't help you. We are very easy-going. We stayed February 19-March 1.

We were married on February 23 and travelled with 41 family members & friends.

There were only a few things that I can complain about. LOTS of pros.

I will start with the cons:

-We had welcome bags for our wedding guests that were to be handed out by the front desk workers. Only 1/2 the guests received them and some even had to ask for the bags because they could see them on the floor. This really frustrated me because the rehearsal & wedding itinerary were in them and I had some confused guests.

-My travel agent reserved 25 rooms January 2012. Our 2rd day there (Feb 20) we were told by the wedding coordinator during our meeting with her that they were overbooked by 1 room for Feb 22nd and I had 1 guest without a room for that night. This REALLY got to me since we had these rooms held WELL in advance and it shouldn't have been anyone in my group that had to share a room for 1 night. They did upgrade my husband & I to the ocean front Presidential Suite for the remainder of our stay, which was beyond gorgeous & huge with the most breathtaking views. I think it was their way of saying sorry to us for making guests share a room for 1 night.

-We had a slight booking problem with 1 of my guests and the front desk was ZERO help. They made her check-out of her room a day early (the travel agent had not updated her itinerary for the resort, her check-out day was actually the following day) We had booked an excursion for the day they needed to leave their room...our tour bus was leaving at 830am (it was 8am)... so we had 4 people help them pack their stuff, put it in another guests room until we returned from our trip (1:45pm) to find they still hadn't solved the problem. (At this point the travel agent said everything was fine and booked her a room at the Grand because the Suites was at full capacity) The front desk called the Grand and they said there was nothing there for my guest. I knew Damion was about to begin work (He is a night front desk worker) He was THE ONLY ONE to offer us any help. At this point it was 8:30pm and no one had helped us. He let us use the phone in guest services (Thank you Andrew) since international calls are about $25 if you don't have the right plan. Damion got everything squared away and actually walked my guests over to their new room at the Grand. THANK YOU DAMION!!!!

-Our last night we went to the Mexican Restaurant. Up until this night we had EXCELLENT service. And I do mean EXCELLENT. This meal, not so much. There were 2 soup choices, nobody got the right one and my husband never got his at all. She didn't seem concerned when we told her they were the wrong soups either. Then 3 out of 7 meals were wrong, but she never came back to see how everything was so they ended up just eating those plates. We then finished & went to the dessert buffet, when we got back all our plates were still on the table. Mind you, the restaurant was NOT very busy. We had dessert & left. Not a good way to end such a wonderful vacation. But still, the food was great!

I'll break it down by topic for the pros:

FOOD:
If you go hungry, you have a problem.
We ate at the Cajun, Japanese, Mexican, Mediterranean, Steakhouse (twice) and the Buffet.
There was not a single restaurant with less than delicious food. The tenderloin at the Steakhouse was my favorite. Deon was our waiter the first night and we requested him to do our wedding dinner 3 nights later, which he did with no hesitation!
The buffet has an awesome variety and, like I said, if you go hungry... it's you not the food!
I do not like the idea of making reservations, it is a pain. I've stayed at resorts where you do not need them for the specialty restaurants and that is SO much better. But that's fine.. that would NOT keep me from staying at an Iberostar.

BARS:
We spent most of our time at the Lobby Bar & Pool Bars so I won't write about the others.
The first night my husband had a stomachache. We were at the Lobby Bar and Glenroy noticed him not looking so hot.... he asked if he had a stomachache and made him a non-alcoholic drink which made him feel much better within 30 minutes. Thanks Glenroy! He's awesome. Radrick at the Pool Bar, equally as awesome! He was ALWAYS smiling and singing. Made great drinks. Ishlee at the pool bar makes THE BEST peach daiquiris' you HAVE to try one!

STARFRIENDS:
Need to give a shout out to Sting-Rae. LOVED HER! She does most of the talking on the mic & is phenomenal at her job. Very outgoing & friendly. My flower girl adored her and Happy Feet. I think if Happy Feet were to say anything, she would have done it! Watching the Starfriends do their daily 3pm dance = jaw dropping. Those Jamaicans can move!

RESORT GROUNDS/POOLS:
ZERO complaints. Gorgeous. Always working, cleaning, painting, clipping, raking, mopping, washing windows. They must sleep well at night! Never dirty. Pools were very clean... you have to expect some debris with so many people (and kids) in and out of the pool to and from the beach. If that bothers you, stay out of the pool. Never had a problem finding chairs beside the beach or pool. IF one was real busy, we went to the other instead of complaining about it. You are on vacation, relax.

SPA:
Included in our wedding package was a 30 minute couples massage.... which was awesome. The rooms were exceptionally clean as was the entire spa. The girls were excellent. I like that they kept quiet during the massage & really let us both relax. 30 minutes was NOT long enough!
Along with my 3 bridesmaids, I had my hair done at the salon. I've never seen a wedding party where I have loved all the girls hair... and I can honestly say, my wedding was a first. All 4 of our hair was perfect and they are SO quick. Thanks girls!

ROOMS:
Like I said we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite our 3rd day. Our first 2 nights were spent in an ocean view suite, which was beautiful. I didn't find a musty smell, the AC worked perfectly, everything was clean. The Presidential Suite was equally as clean & perfect. The only thing that didn't work in there was the bathroom balcony door shade. But that's fine... we had an enormous balcony off the front of the suite overlooking the ocean, steakhouse & beach resort. It was breathtaking.

STAFF:
Minus the few at the front desk who were totally unhelpful and the one waitress at the Mexican restaurant who didn't seem to like her job, everyone was so friendly. I've never visited an island as nice as Jamaica. On & off the resort, staff was willing to go above & beyond to make you happy. From the taxi drivers, to the bartenders, wait staff to the grounds crew... not a single unhappy person. Everyone says hi. All ask how your vacation is going. BY FAR the MOST friendly island.

JTL (Jamaican Tours Limited)
We had our airport transfers through them and also booked all excursions with them.
Beverly is the best! She was super helpful for everyone and so friendly. If you can remember names, I give you credit. They see so many vacationers and she remembered my name, my wedding date and everything in between!

WEDDING/WEDDING COORDINATOR:
I need to give an extremely big shout out to Nicole, the Suites WC. I started e-mailing her December of 2011 with more questions than you can imagine about weddings in Jamaica. Not once did she give me a hard time. I found the replies to be a little slow, BUT after meeting with her and seeing the stack of files on her desk... I understand why. She needs a few assistants helping her out! She is Superwoman! We met with her 3 days before our wedding and she went over all fine details with us (down to what we wanted for breakfast the morning after the wedding and what time we wanted it delivered) I requested a few things to be decorated a certain way and I got EXACTLY what I wanted. We had champagne waiting in our room when we got back from the hair salon. They exceeded ANY expectations I had for a destination wedding. If you are uncertain about doing one, or where you want to do one... PICK THIS RESORT!!!!!!! She stayed with us the entire wedding day to make sure everything went smoothly. I'm not sure if she had anything to do with our "semi-private" dinner turning into a private dinner (since they didn't seat anyone near us) or not... but I thank her. I wouldn't have had such a perfect day without her. She made it all stress-free! I DO NOT HAVE ONE BAD THING TO SAY ABOUT HER! Our wedding was completely & totally perfect. No flaws, no set-backs...nothing. Our entire group of 43 people commented on the wedding & how much fun they had, how perfect it was. The DJ, bartender and bonfire were excellent. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, Nicole, from the bottom of my heart!

Room Tip: Top floor (4th) has the best views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank joelnhollylacroix
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the staff and management of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to be guests at Iberostar and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with us your view of your stay with us.
We have been blessed the greatest of privileges to have hosted your special occasion at our luxurious resort and we would like to congratulate you on becoming newlyweds and wish you all the best in your new life together! It is most gratifying to know that you had a wonderful time while vacationing with us and that you were extremely pleased with the food, the rooms, the drinks, the spa and the exceptional service and warm hospitality you received from our incredible staff. A big thank you to Sting Rae, Happy Feet, Damion, Deon, Glenroy, Rodrick , Ishalee and Beverly for adding that special touch to your vacation. A special thank you to our Superwoman, our wedding coordinator Nicole, who I am sure, went above and beyond human capabilities to ensure that your wedding day was the most memorable day ever. Last but by certainly no means least; we would like to thank you for deciding to tie the knot and giving us the opportunity to make your magical moment come to life.

Having said that we are sincerely disheartened to understand that there were certain aspects of your vacation such as the inconvenience you experienced with the front desk and with the incident at the Mexican restaurant, which may in some way have thwarted your depiction of our true standard of operations. I would like to reassure you that these isolated instances will be forwarded to the respectable managers for their careful consideration to ensure that they do not repeat themselves.

We are extremely pleased to understand from your kind comments that despite the issues you experienced, you had an amazing experience at our resort and we truly hope that when planning your next vacation, the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites will be the foremost resort in your mind as we would consider it an absolute honor to serve you once again. Thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This place was phenomenal! Came to this resort for a wedding in feb. From the moment we were met to be taken to the resort until the moment we were back at the airport the staff was amazing. My favourite were the bartenders in the lobby bar and the swim up pool bar!! Always friendly and always joking around. They remember faces and can always whip up a great drink!! The pools were clean and surprisingly never over crowded, the same for the beach. It was always fun to watch the staff dance and do aerobics and what not during the day. Restaurants were okay. Buffet was okay but a good variation of food between the two buffets. This resort even has some man made coral where we saw lots of action. Some of the party even saw a sting ray and lion fish!! Awesome for being right of the beach of the resort!! Lots of tours offered and the staff was helpful with what to choose and when best to do it. The rooms were always clean and staff yet again always friendly. Yes the rooms have a slight smell but that is expected in such a humid atmosphere!! I would never get sick of this place and would easily come back year after year. For further trips I will always choose a Iberostar resort in Jamaica and other destinations!!!! Thanks for the awesome experience!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Jesse3369
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for choosing to spend your vacation with us, as there are myriads of other resorts for you to choose from, but you chose our resort instead. I would also like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share with us and the rest of the online community your review on your stay with us.

We are extremely appreciative of your kind comments and we are overly pleased to know that you have enjoyed the warm Jamaican hospitality and exceptional service from our staff and particularly our bartenders. It gives us a great feeling of contentment to know that you were entirely satisfied with your stay and intend to return year after year.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we DEFINITELY look forward to your next visit with us here, your home away from home.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nice holiday, good resort, but there are always things that could be improved upon. Rooms were good, kids loved the lazy river, although the water was a bit cold when we were there. usual difficulty getting chairs. i really wish resorts that have signs posted saying belongings will be moved if unoccupied would ACTUALLY do it! The gesture was appreciated, however. water great, and people friendly. entertainment team good. Quality of the food was quite good for an all inclusive, but as foodies, we preferred some of the specialty restaurants over the buffet.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Trav3lgur
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us, as there are myriads of other resorts that you could have stayed at, but you chose our resort instead. I would also like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share with us and the rest of the online community your review on your stay with us.

It is certainly heartwarming to hear that you and your family enjoyed the rooms, the food at our buffet and fine dining restaurants, the beaches and pools, and our warm and friendly staff.
Your kind words will go a far way in motivating us to continue improving our services. It is through communications of this nature, that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our hotel.

We would like to thank you once more for choosing Iberostar and we certainly look forward to your next visit with us.

Oshawa
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was our second stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we had a great time again. The staff were great and the food was excellent. The buffet has such an assortment that even after 2 weeks we were never bored. Nice clean property and the staff are always helpful. We look forward to maybe going next year. Keep up the good work and Hi to Lisa (waitress) and Diane (hostess) and Cassandra (the best beach bar waitress)

Dawn

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and found it very quiet. Looked out to garden view and childrens water pa...
4 Thank OshawaSally
Dear guest,

Let me begin by expressing our sincere gratitude to you on behalf of all the staff and the entire management team at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, for having chosen our luxurious resort to spend your family vacation. Furthermore, we would like to say a special thank you for taking time away from your busy schedule to send us your comments on your opinion of your stay with us.

It certainly strengthens our determination to know that you and your family had a great vacation with us. Additionally, we sincerely appreciated that you took the time to highlight the most memorable aspects of your time at our resort including our food, the cleanliness of our resort, and our superb staff. Lisa, Diane Cassandra and Dawn will certainly be congratulated for adding to your Iberostar experience.

With your most recent trip to Iberostar being so pleasurable, we are confident that you will be staying again at our resort and as such, we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just returned from a 6 night stay at the Suites. We have been to other Iberostar Locations in Mexico and the Dominican Republic as well as Sandals and Beaches. This is one of our favorites. I don't understand how anyone could have a bad time. We ate at four different restaurants and twice at the buffet. Our favorite was the Mexican Restaurant, but they were all good. Our room was clean, fresh, and made up daily in a timely manner. The players and associates were friendly, outgoing, and hard working. Henderson at the steak house, Junior at the beach, Milton (sweetness) on the beach, Neicha (probably misspelled) a waitress, Ishalee at the pool bar helped make our stay special. There were others as well. Our room, #3018 was on the ground floor, a perfect location for us. We always make our dinner reservations in advance and this something I would recommend. Bill

4 Thank Billyboy044
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for taking the time out to share with us and the rest of the online community your view on your stay with us.

It certainly strengthens our determination to know that you and your family had a great time while vacationing with us. Additionally, we sincerely appreciated that you took the time to highlight the most memorable aspects of your time at our resort including our food, entertainment, and the staff. We will be sure to forward your comments to all the respective departments.

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and we sincerely do look forward to your next visit with us in the near future.

Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went on this trip with a large group and found the Suites to be nice resort for relaxation, but it is not one of our most memorable locations. We have been used to having pool side options (food and bar), of which there is only the swim up bar. All food options are inside and almost all require evening reservations. It seemed each day was the same entertainment choices by the pool (Bingo, staff dancing demostrations, table tennis, shuffleboard) mostly designed for children. The pool was small, but a great beach. One small lobby bar, otherwise all drink options were poolside or dinner. The mini bar in room was marginal, beer provided was awful...don't even open it!

5 Thank lebarnes
Dear Guest,

We are overly pleased to understand from your kind comments that while staying with us you found our resort to be a nice one for relaxation with nice beaches and refreshing drinks and entertainment by the pool.

With that being said we do regret to have understood from your comments that you were not completely satisfied with several features of our resort and your concerns will certainly be forwarded to the respective managers.

We are however extremely thankful that these issues did not affect the overall quality of your stay at our hotel and we sincerely hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of serving you again at our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!