4,870 results
All reviews rose hall suites mo mo star friends lazy river aunt ruby crazy kenny the mediterranean restaurant montego bay infinity pool swim up bar kids club steak water polo noodles entertainment staff beach resort specialty restaurants
Reviewed September 15, 2011

If you're looking for a quaint little hotel or B&B, then this isn't it. If you're looking for a self contained place with a decent amount of amenities and restaurants to choose from then this is it. We decided between this and the Hilton Rose Hall and were glad we chose this. It isn't modern luxury by any means, but I don't think there is anywhere on the island that you could compare to the W or Ritz (including the Ritz on the island). A lot of hotels are outdated and while this is no exception it was above the others we looked at and visited in terms of decor and cleanliness. The restaurants were good to decent, not great, but it is all inclusive so I dont think anyone should expect Nobu every night for the price. I think the staff was excellent and friendly and did a great job with being attentive to our needs. The only downside is that a couple of the restaurants were always filled up even when we tried a day or two in advance. I would have liked to try the sushi restaurant. The pool bartenders, cigar bar staff, and lobby bartenders were fabulous. If I go back to Jamaica for an all inclusive, I will stay here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank bryanchr
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Just returned from a week at the Iberostar Rose Hall suites, our best vacation ever. From start to finish the staff had the difference, all were superb, from the waitress' & waiters, the bartenders and the Star friends! We'be been to 5 all-inclusive resorts, but this one sets a new high standard, far nicer than the Iberostars in the Domincan republic. A nice added bonus, it's an English speaking country. Food was great, poo beautiful, rooms spacious. What sets this above- the excellent service from the staff. -We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank StuartsScarborough
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was my 2nd time @ Iberostar, first time staying overnight in Jamaica. For reference, my last couple of trips were to Cancun area: Iberostar P. Lindo, Excellence P. Mujeres, Riu Las Americas, Riu Caribe.

I stayed 5 nights in early September. My first thoughts on arriving was how empty IRHS was. I thought 33% of capacity moving upward to at most 60% by the end of trip. It was noticeable in all of the bars, I barely saw people on my floor until the end of the week. Folks @ the I-Beach said they were more people there. Having been to Lindo, it seemed like a some of the same. Improvements were maybe nicer restaurants, bars, the bbq. Downers were the beach and pool size. The beach was nothing special and friends @ the I- Beach hotel said they witnessed Jellyfish stingings. I stayed out of the ocean after that. Due to the quiet time, I never waited more than a minute for a drink. Top shelf consisted of Stoli & Absolut as well as some pretty good Gin products. Whiskey= Jim Beam (blah). The Star Friends worked their tails off by the pool & beach. They worked hard but sometimes they were around and heard too often.

A large majority of the reviews on this hotel were spot on. I am not going to try and repeat how nice the grounds are, etc etc. I think I did the Japanese, Steakhouse, and the Med restaurants. I thought they were all pretty good and offered a decent amount of options. The lunch and the breakfast buffets were kinda average, nothing special. Dinner buffet better than those two. Hit up the bbq on the beach for jerk chicken/pork, very good.

The rooms were nice and good sized, as advertised. One suggestion might be trying to avoid the rooms on the ground floor near the doors to the pool area. If you don't want to hear people rustling in the halls early in the morning.

The prices for round trip taxi service into M-Bay were a rip off, unless you had a car full maybe. At night they wanted $80 bucks RT, with the city 15 min away.

Next time I would probably pick Negril for the beaches (much better). I understand that my review maybe sounds more critical than the others. I just wanted to not continually state the same positives as the other reviewers. Another thing, Jamaicans seem to be a lot nicer than Mexicans, imo.

Last tip, Red Stripe all over the complex on tap. I thought it got old rather old quickly. The lobby bars have Heinikien (sp) on bottle, unadvertised. There were rumors about Guinness (sp) as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank umich_fan1
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in June along with about 40 others in a group that had gone down for a wedding. We had never been to Jamaica before and were not sure what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised by this lovely, clean hotel with friendly, enthusiastic and helpful staff and delicious food.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the central courtyard seemed to be the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cruiser804009
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had the perfect beach wedding here with a little more than 30 close friends and family members. The resort service was great, with the exception of the front desk staff. For an all inclusive resort, the food and drinks were fairly good. The Spa was awesome, the amenities and the staff there were perfect. It was a joy working with the wedding coordinator Nicole. The place is huge and could be overwhelming at times . Overall, beautiful place that was very clean and well taken care of, the resort service was great, with the exception of the front desk staff which at times were rude, including the night of our wedding. However, to be fair, the vast majority of the staff, restaurant, bars, pool, Spa, casino, etc. were great and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family