“Awesome, amazing.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cranbury, New Jersey
“Awesome, amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

We were only stopping in Jamaica for a day on a cruise. We have been 3x before and this time wanted to just chill on a nice beach for the day. Simultaneously, a colleague of my husbands returned from a week stay here, Iberostar suites, Montego Bay. With all wonderful things to say about it, my husband telephoned the hotel to inquire about a day pass. We took a van ($40 for the 4 of us) from the cruise pier in Falmouth to Iberostar. We were greeted and showed the reception desk, the hotel was beautiful. Exactly what we expect when we're away. We were given wristbands and a credit card-like card for towels (down by the pool areas). We got our towels. Arriving around 11am didnt leave us much choice for lounge chairs in a prime location, so we found 2 together then singles and brought them over to a spot. Get there as early as you can. they were still serving breakfast but we ate on board the ship an didnt waste time checking it out. We swam up to the swim up bar and hung out there a bit. then my husband and I took a walk around the property. It is beautiful and all the employees are friendly. We had lunch, buffet style and it was better then your typical buffet. My husband and i walked along the beach to Iberostar beach and talked to a couple at the swim up bar who was there with Royal Caribbeans excursion. When we returned to suites, we collected our kids (18/22) and decided to spend some time on the beautiful beach. I cant say enough about this place and although we dont usually land vacation, I am already investigating a weeks stay there some time in the near future. Thanks!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank CruiseChatterDiva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Czech first
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Just got home from our family vacation at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. We really did not know what to expect as the reservations were made by my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. Well what a surprise. The kids were busy all day with the family as well as in their own little club. Most of the time was spent with the family, but they were able to go do crafts or whatever they wanted during the day. We had our daily happy hour in the pool from 3-6 every day. Got kind of rowdy one day and nobody seemed to care. The other days it was just casual drinking. Food was great for each meal. Could ask for better meals. We were not able to get into the Japanese rest., however got to the rest. We recommend Deon as the waiter in the steakhouse. He is quick and very knowledgable. Also Wilton at the pool bar was great. Send a hello from the Wolfpack.

The only negative to the place was the entertainment. They really tried, but seemed like the same show every night. We ended up making our own fun at the lobby bar at night. No big deal. This place rocks. Cannot wait to go back next year. One last thing I would recommend is to bring an extra 100 dollars for staff tips. These guys worked really hard to keep us happy. Do you have to tip? No... Do they deserve it? Yes. These people work very hard for the guests.

Room Tip: Our group had three rooms on the 4th floor and all had great ocean views.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Jeffrey G
Albany NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

This our third party Jamaica vacation over the past three years. We have gone to Beaches Negril (2010), beaches boscobel (2009) and now Iberostar Rose Hall suites.
Why the but? I am not really sure. We have three children 13, 11, and 9. I think it ultimately comes down to the Beaches Resorts were more "family resorts". By our estimate the Iberostar rhs was about 70 percent adults, 30 percent kids. The Beaches resorts were more like 50 percent each.
The food is better significantly here at rhs then either Beaches.
Staff was nice at all three. Swim up bar at all three. Favorite bar is actually the main bar at Beaches Boscobel.
RHS is a beautiful resort that happens to be at the beach. Both beaches resorts are beach resorts were things are just more casual.
Beaches resorts have all of the water sports included, which was great for the kids to get 4,5 or 10 banana boat rides. Beaches has snorkeling included so we went most days.
RHS charges for banana boat rides, and there weren't many people doing it. RHS charges for snorkeling excursions. My 11 and I did a scuba dive for the first time. (extra charge). Great dive team at RHS - helpful and courteous.
After the vacation was older I asked my youngest how she would rank the resorts. Her ranking was Beaches Negril, Beaches Boscobel and Iberostar RHS.
In the end I think I agree with her, which really seems odd since RHS was the nicest place with the best food(although I only had two beef patties which I love and wish they had more)

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank ShadysLadiesandDad
Ridgefield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Rose Hall Suites in the beginning of June. First off as you can read all over Tripadvisor, this place is awesome. Anything you read to the contrary is B.S. The rooms are spacious and plush. We were lucky and got upgraded to an ocean balcony suite for our 10th anniversary. Our room was 50 yards from the ocean. Can you say beautiful? Every morning we had to get up walk out on the balcony and just look.
Now for the food. My wife is hard to please. She doesn't try a lot of things new. She is hard to please when it comes to food and the taste. One big thing for her is looks. If it doesn't look good she won't eat it. The food is of the highest quality, everything was always fresh. I didn't once put something in my mouth to eat that I didn't like. My wife and tried many different things and found everything to be great. Here is a tip walk in the door, check in and make your reservations. Reserve a lot of time for the Japanese Restaurant. Try not to make reservations too late or you will miss the show at 9:30 pm. All of the restaurants were good. The Cajun was the only one with a complaint from my wife, but I loved it. The Mexican was banging. We ate there 2 times. Go for the Tacos Kabob's. Can't go wrong with the buffet has a large variety and always hot and fresh, nothing looks stale or over heated.
Now for the entertainment and the staff. MoMo, OMG, Happy Feet, KiKi, and the ring leader Crazy Kenny all were wonderful. My wife is shy, and not a big participant in things especially with things on stage, but we ran to the couples competition. All the shows were great. The Reggae review was sooooo cool. Do the things around the pool, it makes your time fun. If you are by the Pool take care of Terry she was the best. We never had an empty glass, and she had us drinking everything under the sun. Tip, if you do the archery wear shoes, and a shirt cause it's a long walk and you go thru the lobby. I was shirtless and walking thru the lobby was a little awkward.
Now we did 2 excursions. We did the falls with a booze cruise on a catamaran sail boat. In my opinion not worth it. Get a taxi and go on your own. 1 its cheaper 2 its quicker.
We also went on quads on a plantation with Chucka tours. This was awesome. We had a blast. Must do. wear crappy clothes and water shoes. We were covered from head to toe in mud. I mean my white shoes were trashed, but so worth it. When we go back I will do it again and try both locations.
We were so happy with our vacation. The place was beautiful and the people even better. I am telling you go with the Iberostar is the best. Bring singles and spread them out and you will get treated like royalty.

Room Tip: Celebrate something even if it's B.S.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank The_Vittetoes
West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in the summer of july 08' for my best friend's wedding!! It was AMAZING!!! The swim-up bar was the MAIN attraction for me but the rest of the place was OUTSTANDING as well!! The food was off the chain and the decor as well as the EXPERTISE the staff provided was UNFATHOMABLE!! There were plenty to do every day, u didnt even need to leave the resort but if you like a lil' adventure going out to town was just as fun!! GO TO MARGERITAVILLE!! enough SAID!!
All in all I WOULD DEF. RECOMMEND IBEROSTAR...HELL WE'RE MAKING PLANS TO BRING THE YOUNG TEENAGERS (18/16) lol...Oh yea the weather was TREMENDOUS!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank mra0812
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. The room was wonderful, we had a spectacular view. The service was excellent throughout the property, and the meals were delicious.
The number of dining reservations are based on the length of your stay. You will need make reservations when you arrive.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Top floor center rooms offer the best view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wbj9999
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

My sister and I recently traveled to the Rose Hall Suites during the week of June 19th for a fun sisters outing. This was our first time to Montego Bay Jamaica and we were pleasantly surprised when we first arrived. The Iberostar Suites is truly a great place for families, couples, and friends. The three Iberostar hotels (Grand, Suites, and Beach) were nicely surrounded by a secured gate with tropical lush gardens. Upon arrival we were greeted at the lobby by friendly staff members. Unfortunately our room wasn't available- check in time was 3 pm and we arrived at 11:30 am. No problem mon. So we went into the changing room to get on our bathing suits and headed straight to the beach! They placed our suitcases in a secure room. The grounds were amazing. They had a lazy river, infinity pool, sports pool and a beautiful beach. The ocean water was warm with subtle waves. This truly was paradise. They had kayaking, parasailing, and a banana boat on the beach. We were not bothered by people to purchase merchandise because the hotel was secured. Almost immediately a waitress took our order for drinks while we lounged at the beach. Later on we were informed that our room was ready (exactly 3 pm). We had originally paid for a resort view but we were quickly upgraded to an ocean front-no extra charge! Our view was amazing and the room was nice and clean. The balcony was extremely spacious with comfortable chairs. Later on that evening we went to the Steakhouse! You must order the sirloin steak! We also ate at the Japanese and Mexican Restaurant. All very tasty! When you stay at the suites, you have access to the beach hotel as well. On the other days we had dinner at the buffet which was delicious. Try the ox tail and the Jamaican patties. On Mondays and Thursdays around 12:30 pm they have a beach barbeque that is right in front of the steakhouse restaurant. The jerk chicken and catfish were amazing! The staff members were extremely courteous and friendly and made sure that everything was available for guests. For entertainment they had nightly shows, karaoke, and a disco. The disco(opens at 11pm) was not in a basement! It actually looked like a nightclub set up. The Star entertainment crew did a fantastic job-especially during the nightly shows (9:30 pm). They had great shows with audience participation (very funny) and also a reggae nights show where they performed famous reggae songs. They also had shows for kids at 7:30 pm. During our 5 night stay we also did beach aerobics with Happy Feet and Mo Mo- sooo much fun. The staff truly went out of their way for guests. I truly have no complaints!!! The hotel was beautiful, clean and safe. I can't say the same about the other hotels that we drove past when we first arrived. With the exceptions of the Half Moon and Hilton Resort- the other hotels did not look as secure as the Iberostar. We truly had everything to do at our hotel. It never rained once during our stay! I have traveled to several Caribbean locations and this was hands down my favorite vacation.

Here are some helpful tips
1.) If you go to Dunns River Falls make sure that you have a helpful guide! We went with a large group to Dunns River Falls and our guide did not help us at all! He walked away from our group. You also have to link hands with other people. If you don’t have strong people in your group- it can be difficult! Please be extremely careful and remember to wear water shoes! If you also do Dunns River Falls- book your travel through the Cool Runnings Tour which you book through your hotel lobby. A bus will take you to Ochos Rios to get on a catamaran. First we went snorkeling and then the boat took us to Dunns River Falls. After the climb, the boat played music where they showed us the latest reggae dance hall moves. SOOO MUCH FUN!
1.) If you go to Dunns River Falls bring extra cash. There are cheap locations where you can bargain prices for T-shirts, jewelry, CDs ect. We took the free hotel shuttle to the Shoppes at Rose Hall- which can be pricey (not a must see)
2.) Try to get a hotel room on a higher floor. The views were amazing!
3.) Wear sun block with a high SPF! The sun is no joke!
4.) As soon as you arrive to the hotel, book your reservations for the restaurants. The people were very helpful. They are located in the lobby-next to the desk where you can book your excursions.
5.) We had no problem getting chairs on the beach. If you go to the pool after 11:30 am- lounge chairs might be difficult to find.
6.) When departing Montego Bay, arrive at the airport 2 hrs before the flight. We took Delta airlines and leaving Montego Bay was not as difficult as expected! We used the kiosk machine to print our boarding passes-no line. I packed all of my clothes in my Samsonite carry on and used a extremely large purse for shoes. This was not an easy task but I packed several clothes that did not wrinkle easily. I did not check any luggage, which made travel so much easier.

Overall- Awesome Vacation!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,832 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!