7,227 results
All reviewssurf and turfpillow menuport mariabutler servicelobsterjo danestar friendsocean frontlobby barroom servicebubble bathdinner reservationspool conciergejapanese restaurantour honeymoonmontego bayboogie nights
Reviewed December 6, 2009

My boyfriend and I were upgraded to the Grand from the Suites. The hotel itself is beautiful and very clean. They even managed to keep the bathrooms by the pool/beach dry, clean, and sand free. Another plus is that it is only about 15 minutes from the aiport (though we rarely heard planes flying over). The rooms are beautiful, and it was nice to have the double sinks in the bathroom. The staff were very helpful and accomodating. We asked our butler for a bottle of Sangsters for the room, when we returned from the pool it was there waiting for us. The beach and pool waitresses checked in on you frequently to make sure you had everything you needed. The food at both buffets was very good, though the indoor buffet has more of a selection. The gorgeous view at the beachside restaurant makes up for it though. The restaurant reservations fill up quickly, so you should make reservations for the week when you get there. The menus are located outside of the restaurants and we found it best to look at the menu first. The shops in the hotel are nice, but we were advised to do our shopping at the airport. It was good advice, as there are many many shops at the airport and a great selection, all duty free. ****We figured out on the first morning, that people go out to the pool verrry early in the morning (sometimes even the night before) and put a towel down over their pool/beach chairs to reserve their spot. The first morning we went down around 8:30 and just about every chair was covered with a towel! We asked the staff if this was what people generally do and they said yes. So, even though we didn't like the idea of it, my boyfriend would get up at 5:30am and go put our towels and a magazine on the spot we wanted by the pool, and then go back to bed. You might think we're crazy, but even at 5:30 quite a few spots were already taken! If you want one of the Cabana beds or a spot by the pool with the bar, this is a must! I would say that is my only complaint, but even that was not a big deal. Their was a mixed age crowd the week we were there, but a bit on the older side. We are 24 and 25, and didn't see too many people our age. But, we were there to relax and that is definitely what we did. Everything about this resort was great and we will definitely choose Iberostar for our future vacations.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank krose0713
Reviewed December 1, 2009

This was my first time leaving the United States for an exotic Caribbean vacation! I cannot even begin to express my feelings for the Iberostar Grand hotel in Rose Hall Jamaica! My mom and I were placed in a gorgeous suite and we had the most fantastic butler Christophe! He helped us get acquainted with the hotels services and could not have been mroe helpful. He even drew my mom a relaxing bath one night so that she could relax after dinner.

The hotel staff was fantastic and everyone was so helpful no matter what the request. I dropped my earring down the sink and within minutes of calling the front desk, our evening butler was there and ready to get the earring out of the sink for us. We had dinner reservations and when we got back to the room there was a very nice note with my earring on it. When I say they will do ANYTHING to ensure your stay is fantastic I mean it!

The pool staff was also there to make sure everyone was having a great time and it was very nice of them to get everyone involved.

My personal favorites about this hotel were not only the gorgeous view, but the beach beds and pool cabanas were great! There is nothing better than being able to read by the pool or the ocean and not have sand getting all over you! The unlimited towels were also a plus at this luxury resort!

A lot of people wonder about food at these resorts, and I think that the food at the Grand was incredible! The lunch buffet by the beach had lobster and steak as well as a full buffet with a wide variety of food. The breakfast buffet was also great, I enjoyed the many different types of fresh fruit and especially the fresh squeezed orange juice daily!

I still cannot say enough about the hotel staff, Pilar helped us get our boarding passes before we left and was very helpful about planning our next trip to Jamaica. She even ensured that our boarding passes were delivered to our room!

If you are skeptical whether or not to go to this resort, don't hesitate--JUST GO! Everything is great the bedrooms are wonderful the beds are more than comfortable. I cannot think of one moment that I did not enjoy while in Jamaica and I never left the resort because I loved it so much!

My mom and I are already planning our next trip and will be requesting our fantastic butler Christophe again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009
11  Thank nlovesjamaica
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I'm not going to keep you. I'm just going to use the ratings.
CLEANLINESS; Our room was always clean. The facilities were spic and span during our week there. The restaurants were immaculate. The buffet was clean. They smoothed the beach regularly. The only thing that wasn't clean was the chaises after patrons would leave the beach and leave their towels. However, that wasn't for long as the towel girls would come down in the afternoon and gather them.
SERVICE; No complaints here. We have been to other all-inclusives and this one doesn't take a back seat to anyone. The girls on the beach who got your drinks moved at a good pace. However, with the hotel at near capacity you couldn't get drinks as fast as you may like. But we did. The restaurant staff was quick. We didn't have a problem.
LOCATION; Hotels were closer to the airport, but others were farther from the airport. If we wanted to be closer we would have chosen another hotel. But don't you choose a resort for more important things than how far the ride is. If you want to be closer to the hip-strip book a different place.
VALUE; I can't complain here, But it's because we were upgraded. Upgraded alot. We had booked the Beaches back in May. We were upgraded to the Suites because of the Beaches being closed. We were then upgraded to the Grand the night before we left. The reason? It was Thanksgiving week and there were a ton of kids there. So I want to take this time to thank everyone who brought their children because it you who got my wife and I the Grand.
ROOMS; We personally loved our suite. It was on the first floor at the far end of the resort. We did have the Port Maria restaurant in our view. But we also had a lot of sea to see. I don't know anyone who doesn't want to take home the bathroom. If you don't, then you must have one heluva home.
BOTTOM LINE; Our favorite destination is Punta Cana but if the price is right, I would come back.

6  Thank grumpymailman
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I've been on cruises and stayed at an all-inclusive resorts in the past and I was not overwhelmed by the service or the food. This resort has it all figured out.
There was an excellent variety of food, top shelf liquors, wine, and champagne. I come from a city with great restaurants so vacation cuisine has mostly been a let down, but here it was great! Mainly because of the variety.
The resort was very clean.
Service was so great that staff will ask to assist you even if you only look slightly confused.
Great activities
Peacefull setting
Security all over not just to keep outsiders away, but also to make sure kids from nearby resorts did not enter.
I recommend the excursion to see the water luminate. It was one of the most beautiful natural wonders I have ever seen! The water literally lights up when you touch it due to microorganisms called Dinoflagella. Awesome!
My best meal was a double cut filet mignon with lobster tail, potato puree, asparagus and a caesar salad at the surf and turf restaurant.
Jerk Chicken at the buffet is great also! The dinner buffet is great simply because of the variety. I prefer that over the Gourmet Restaurant.
Room service was spectacular. If I had the late night munchies, or just wanted to order champagne before dinner, this was a nice treat.
I wished I would have discovered the spa earlier! I'm a guy so its not my thing to get pampered, but just the variety of indoor hot tubs was great!
Overall, I had a wonderful time and was able to have fun and relax!

7  Thank murto97
Reviewed November 30, 2009

My husband and I traveled to many all-inclusive hotels...this was by far the best. Where do get Grey Goose Vodka at a pool bar??? You do at Iberostar Grand......The name GRAND fits this hotel perfectly. Mario the Executive Chef knows about cooking. The steaks and pork was like any New York Restaurant.....Hats off to Mario!!! The beach was beautiful....some rocks but not a big deal, you can step over them and and then you are in a beautiful ocean. The pool was clean and beautiful....Plenty of shade at the pool and beach. The rooms were spacious and clean and the maid service was great. The butler is not you own private butler, however he was very accomodating to all our needs......get the rose petal bubble bath!!! Nothing negative about this resort. We will be back next year!!!!!

6  Thank camillecam