“Amazing Stay & Service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami FL
“Amazing Stay & Service”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We had a 3 couples getaway for a weekend. We arrived late (Montego Bay customs was slow) at 10pm. The place is amazing there were no restaurants open at that time we we all went to one room and ordered everything from room service. The food was great

The service, rooms were impeccable - My hubby and I were upgraded to oceanfront but every view was amazing

The food I will give 4.5 stars - Its good but I just can't say I haven't had better. The lunch buffet was great right on the beach. The beach bbq was a nice touch.

The shows sucked - not even cruise ship quality.

The occupancy was very low 20% when we were there which had some of the restaurants closed (they rotated)

Although reservations were set for 6:30pm - We arrived 1/2 hr late and were accomodated.

I consider this resort a great value for the quality and service

Any questions shoot me a message/

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank miamiicpa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,964)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2009

After looking to spend my honeymoon in a truly remarkable place and passing on the Iberostar Grand in Mexico, I was happy to see they opened this one in Jamaica and booked shortly after it opened for a week Oct. 12-19. We where not disappointed with our choice at all.

Having never before stayed at an all inclusive we where reluctant to be to excited about the service, food, etc... After arriving and spending a few hours looking around and taking everything in we knew this was a very special place.

Service was top notch all the way. I had been in contact with the head of PR Angelli prior to arrival to set up a donation to a local school and have some other arrangements tied up all where handled with class and executed brilliantly. All of the staff where super nice and respectful from the star friends Shante, Andre and Renee to the pool/beach servers and bartenders especially Ardley in the lobby bar who was the best (flaming Bob Marley's and espresso shots anyone), Norlan in the Gourmet French restaurant who was also our waiter for the romantic dinner on the beach could easily work at any 5 star place in NY. The butlers and concierges where all also really great Dennis, Michael and Tascia where always willing to fill any crazy request at all hours of they day/night. Chicken Fingers and fries from the executive chef for my wife lol or last min dinner reservations after coming back from Negril.

The towel girls where a little rude at first then warmed up on the last few days after a float I had blown up mysteriously disappeared after about 10 mins of using it. I secretly thought word had gotten out amongst some staff as Angellie managers them that we has made a donation to a local school and to be nice to us.

The beach was really nice although after spending 13 hrs in Negril on day on a tour it can't compare except for the fact that is pretty private barley any vendors except for one or two way out in rafts who are totally harmless. The real negative about the beach in Negril was the hotels where all right on top of each other; with little penned in sections and the vendors where annoying and aggressive with either trying to sell you good or drugs non-stop.

We went scuba diving twice with Jason from dressel divers and that was really awesome saw some nice fish coral in the calm clear water he took al lot of pics of me and my wife and even took us looking for sharks on the second dive which was cool. This also enabled us to walk the beach four times although we did walk it about 8 times in total over the week.

The food/bars where all over the top amazing who can complain with double cut filets and lobster for dinner. As previously stated the lobby bar was amazing but only when Ardley was there it seemed to be lacking when he was off.

In order of rank in restaurants it would have to be surf and turf, Italian, Gourmet, Japanese. We also ate at the Mexican and thought it was not very good in terms of service and ambiance nothing at the suites could quite compare.

The pools where great with four infinity pools lined up one behind the other which was a nice touch as the pool bar was closest to the beach and it was usually pretty rowdy and the people who frequented that pool where mainly from the Southern US and never got out to pee which was just gross. Most of the people we met during the week tended to hang out by the volleyball pool or the activity pool where it was a little more quite and we could just laugh from afar as people make drunken fools of themselves.

One huge negative was a party the hotel had for Jet Blue and some sponsors which brought 150 guests into the hotel for a large frat party like scene on Friday. Thank God they had activates planned for them on Saturday as it was quite bothersome to be in a 5 star resort and be stuck in a large frat party with idiots using bullhorns to communicate. For this reason alone I do not think I’d go back to this hotel as management seems to be out of touch with the image it seems to project to the clients and just wants to fill up the hotel regardless of the ambience and peace of min of 99% of the guests.

Special mention to all the newlyweds we met while there; Andrew and Lisa, GW and Meghan, Chris and Courtney and John and Carol.

5 Thank rlpolobear9
Bowie, MD
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I went September 28 - October 3, 2009. This hotel is beautiful. I've traveled often and am a Ritz, Four Seasons kind of girl. Whoever designed Iberostar Grand and decorated it is a top of the line pro. I went with my two best girlfriends and we had a ball.

Here's the skinny:

First of all, ONLY stay here if you are a) exhausted and want only to relax in an elegant environment like I did or b) on your honeymoon and not interested in anything but each other. They do have sorta fun nightly shows and dancing on site, but otherwise, this is a quiet setting in the fall. If you are looking for local flavor, this might not be the place. A strong spanish and American influence is felt and I think the unique Jamaican culture I usually get when I stay in Negril or Ocho Rios was missing here. I mean, I had to hunt down some jerk chicken and coco bread. More on that later...But I barely heard raggae music.

The hotel is only about 20 minutes from the airport. Immediately off the shuttle, we were greeted with cool cloths, bellinis and mimosas. Check-in was a breeze. The bellman was there before we could blink and took us to the room. I must mention that we stayed in 5312 and along that hallway are huge wine stains in the carpet that are disturbing in such an immaculate, gorgeous hotel. They need to nix the hall carpet for tile floors because this hotel is too spectacular to have stained carpet. The room itself was very pretty but not really big enough to be comfortable for 3 people. Had I gone with my hubby it would have been just the right size room. Adding a 3rd person felt a little claustrophobic. They put a lot into the bathroom design. It was so pretty and big but the shower drain was very slow. The balcony was the best I've ever seen, very deep with a gorgeous view of the sea and overlooking palm trees and the pool area too. There was a swinging chair and a comfy couch. We ate breakfast out there on the balcony every morning. Everything was super clean in the room and housekeeping was meticulously attended.

We were told to wait for our butler who would give us a run down on the hotel's innerworkings and he never arrived. After 3 hours waiting, we changed and went out to go to the beach. That was when we ran into our butler in the hall. Once we made them aware we'd had no visit from the butler, the Iberostar folks were attentive to our every need and made sure we had the information we needed.

The free Internet lounge was invaluable.

This is a gorgeous property. The beach is clean, there are plenty of comfortable chairs and beds all shaded by umbrellas. The drinks (I drank virgin tropical coconuts by the gallon) are amazing and they serve you whatever you desire while you lounge on your beach chair and never lift a finger. I miss it so much, especially the beach party on Thursday where I FINALLY got co co bread. Which brings me to the food...

The food is a little frou frou, but there were tasty choices too. Great steak, great lobster, awesome jerk chicken when I could get jerk. The curry shrimp was to die for. But I wish they would have more local fare, more every day, simple menus without all of the fancy delicacies-- but that's just my personal preference for straight-forwarded, wholesome foods. I come from a southern family and the foods are more comfort foods rather than caviar, foie gras, escargot, etc. type foods. The best was the Japanese steakhouse food. Spectacular. The worst was the lobster lasagna. The night I had it, it was dry and overcooked.

Everything is set up for two people. We went to all the restaurants on site and continually had to ask for 3 table settings--3 of everything, anywhere we went on the property, which led me to conclude that when I go back, I'm taking my honey with me.
All the couples made me miss him so much more, which let me know that this is not exactly the best spot for a girlfriends getaway. Every time we ordered room service, they only brought 2 sets of silverware and glassware. Another thing, they never got our room service orders right the whole time, but they get an A for effort. Pilar, Aldaine, David David, Norman--all of these wonderful people tried their best and even though the orders weren't right, they gave us a lot of extra food to try to make us happy.

We were celebrating my birthday, so one of the nights, they surpised me by decorating the whole room with balloons, rose petals, and a banner. The people are wonderful. Speaking of, major shout outs to Andrew at the lobby bar (what a rare diamond he is; find him if you go, he will be a true asset to your trip), Aldaine our butler (I wanted to adopt him), William who was one of the bellmen, Jodi Ann who served us on the beach with a smile every day, Natalie at check-in, and Marc--the lifeguard who is one awesome Christian man.

If you want spectacular service, these wonderful people have customer service down to a science. You will want for nothing and leave there feeling as if you have been pampered.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank prose20770
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2009

This hotel was heaven here on Earth. The place was immaculate. The staff was kind, not greedy, helpful, interested, attentive - the list goes on and on. We especially loved Warren the bartender who served drinks so stiff I feel off the pool bar stool. Warren was a great time, super friendly and realized very quickly that I was a light weight. The food at every restaurant was DELICIOUS. Especially the dessert! Our favorite was the Surf and Turf, get the fried ice cream! The Hummingbird drink was a fabulous island specialty and is not on the menu - it is berrylicious and refreshing. The chocolate monkeys are very good as well. The shows were great, Jamaican Roots was by far the best. The piano bar balcony is a great place to watch the sunset and have a romantic evening. The butler service was terrific. They surprised us with a rose petal & champagne bubble bath for our 1 year anniversary. Room service is basically another gourmet restaurant...we ordered lobster and ny strip steak...it was cooked to perfection! We didn't want to return home...EVER.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Domitrov
Reisterstown, MD
Reviewed October 23, 2009

I truly cannot suggest ANY improvements to this reosrt. For us, it was PERFECT.

Beach beds, bulter-drawn bubble baths with candles and rose petals (and we weren't honeymooners), lobster tail lunch on the beach, top sheelf vodka and cranberries while resting on the edge of the swim-up bar pool's infinity edge looking at the ocean, playing pool volleyball with guests and the fun, friendly entertainment staff, naps on the beach beds between dinner and the show. The beach parties are not to be missed. They set up cafe tables ont he beach and it's like an outdoor nightclub.

I want my master bedroom at home to be just like this room! Great closets/shelves for clothes in addition to a dresser, great spa tub and rain shower.

Spa upstairs is great too. Even if you don't want to pay for a treatment you can go use the hot tubs (there is an outdoor hot tub too by the pool) and sauna.

Food was suprisingly great. We particularly love the amuse bouche of foamed parmesan cheese served in a martini glass on a serving of mango chutney!!! It was spectacular!

Kobe beef burgers, lobster tail, every fresh fruit, coconut, fresh juices, fab b-fast buffet.

You will NOT be dissappointed here.

The do have better wines than they offer if you ask for them.

There is a slots casino (room) in the basement gallery of shops.

We took a GREAT fishing charter and caught an 89" sailfish. See review of Marlin Madness charter.

Do not try to save money by staying at the Iberostar Suites if you are looking for a first class vacation. It's very nice, but there are no beach beds and the level of sevice is different. Guests of the grand can use all of the Suites facilities (lazy river pool and different restaurants), but there is a guard at every door and on the beach going back to Grand checking to be sure only Grand guests use the Grand facilities. And they are GRAND!

5 Thank Lissa C
Garland, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We went to the Grand Rose Hall for our honeymoon and did not want to leave. Everything was amazing. From the moment we walked in till the time we left, we had a wonderful time. When they heard it was our honeymoon, we were upgraded to the an Ocean Front room. The rooms are huge and have everything that you need in them. The resort is gorgeous and there are tons of things to do and/or plenty of places to just relax.

We ate at the Surf & Turf and Italian restaurants and really enjoyed our food. The bars are great and have everything you could possible want. We went snorkeling a couple times and it is actually pretty decent right of the shore. We even saw 3 Lion Fish which was really neat until my husband mentioned they were poisonous. We also enjoyed playing darts, ping-pong and the Jamaican Jerk BBQ on the beach.

Highly recommended and we are planning to go back for our 1 year anniversary.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank LindsayDFW
Toronto
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My husband and I just came back from a 7 day trip to the Iberostar Grand, and I can honestly say this was the first time we actually wanted to extend our stay at a resort. We usually get bored of the hotel, food, and people after 3-4 days, but the food, staff, and service was so wonderful at the Iberostar Grand that we didn't want to leave. We have been ranting and raving to our friends about this place ever since. You will not be disappointed... it is worth every penny to come here!

Special mention to the Executive Chef, Mario Gonzalez, whose personal approach made our stay even more special. Not only were his food creations delicious and exquisitely presented, Mario would approach us every time he saw us to ask if everything was up to par (which it always was), and was very friendly and helpful in recommending different dishes we should try. Mario made us feel that we were very special guests to this hotel, and that our satisfaction with the food and service was important. Other people we spoke with also said they were impressed with the amount of attention and care that he took to speak with them. It is this type of personal approach that really makes a difference at this resort compared to others, and it is because of such service that we will return to the Iberostar Grand.

We cannot say enough good things about the food or the staff... we always received 5-star quality food and service, and the staff was incredible. This truly made the difference and set this resort apart from any other place we have been.

This was our 1st year anniversary trip, and (looking back), we wish we had booked our honeymoon here because we had such a great time.

Thank you to Mario and the rest of the staff whose personal touch made our trip extra special. We hope to see you next time we come to the Grand.

7 Thank SerbiaToronto
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!