“WOW! Incredible vacation”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stayed at the Grand Hotel the last week of March 2009 and were treated like royalty.

The room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. Lots of closet space and very big bathroom. Mini bar was replenished every day. Every night with the “turn down” service, there would be a tea light burning under scented oil which would make the room smell heavenly when you returned back to your room. Very nice touch.

The food was beautifully presented and was very good – small portions but just enough. The desserts were HEAVEN. You can ask for another serving if you are still hungry. The only issue that we had was at the buffets - you didn’t know how long the hot food had been sitting out and it was usually cold by the time you got to your table. As the hotel was maybe at 30% capacity, the turn over of the buffet food was slow and this would account for the food not being hot. We believe this will not be a problem once the hotel is at capacity. For both breakfast and lunch, you could always choose something from the menu or the buffet or both. You will not go hungry as there is a wide variety of foods at both these buffets. At the restaurants, ask what wine they have as each restaurant could have different varieties of wine(s) available. The wines were mostly Spanish and Chilean but we were able to obtain Yellow Tail white from Australia at the Surf and Turf restaurant one night.

The bathrooms at the beach were beautiful and always clean.

Thanks to Kaneesha & Yanique for their wonderful bar service on the beach and their smiling faces each day.

Thanks to Star Friends Lorenzo, Makari, Monique & Melissa who are just a few people that we befriended during our stay.

All the staff worked very hard to make sure that our stay was memorable and it was! Can’t wait to go back!

If this hotel can keep up this type of service when they are at full capacity, they have a winner on their hands.

9  Thank Blue_Hawaii_09

Reviewed April 10, 2009

My hubby and i wanted a relaxing quick vacation and the Grand was perfect. It started as we arrived with cold towels as soon as we got out of the bus. We were the only ones checking in and they brought us welcoming drinks. It was a 'BIG' birthday for me and the following night we walked into our room after the show and our jaccuzzi was filled with bubbles. Also, there were balloons hung and a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for us. The service was exceptional all 6 days we were there. The pools are beautiful, and they even have suntan lotion there you can use when you get your towels. The place was fairly empty, we felt like we had it to ourselves.The gym was small, but i never had to wait to get on anything. My hubby played tennis with the pros and said they were great. We did not use the spa so i can not comment on that. We only hope the service continues once word gets out how fabulous this place is and starts to really book up. Everywhere you looked, people were cleaning. It was spotless. Our butlers were terrific, they were there if we needed anything.Everyone was always helpful and asking if everything was alright.Overall, this was one of the best Relaxing and Restful vacations we ever had and plan to go back. And the food was very good for an AI. If you want more action, you can always walk over to the suites where more activity seemed to be taking place. The water was very calm and crystal clear the first 5 days we were there, then on our last day,there were waves, and the water had a lot of seaweed and was not clear. It also was cloudy so maybe a storm was brewing, but we had gorgeous weather the first 5 days. We can not wait to go back !

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
10  Thank suzy13
Reviewed April 9, 2009

We had a great time at this beautilful resort . We had already been to Mexico at the Grand Parisio, this resort fell right in line with our expectations. This hotel chain knows the meaning of vacationing. The staff was awesome , from the maid service to the butler service. Star friends ,bartentenders & waitstaff brought a smile to my face. We would like to thank everyone we came in contact with, we would like to name names , but would be afraid we would miss someone. We are spreading the word about our secret spot in Jamaica. We'll be back next year for sure, with a bigger group, guarenteed ,
The food was superb, preparation was breath taking

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank wwwhhhooooo
Reviewed April 9, 2009

My husband and I visited the Iberostar Grand in March. We were looking forward to a place that we could be pampered, enjoy great food, and all in a clean environment. We were not disappointed!

We were lucky to have visited after just recently being opened in January. The whole place smelled so clean wherever you went. The staff was always polishing, cleaning, even touching up paint.

The food was better than we could have imagined. We sure had our fill of lobster there. One day I had lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The rest of the food was just as great. We ate at all the resaurants. Our favorite was the Surf and Turf. My husband had filet mignon and lobster and I had the chicken and lobster. Both were good but the chicken was outstanding! I've never tasted such moist, delicious chicken. We found it amusing we were raving about the chicken almost more than our filet or lobster! We did venture over to the Suites for their lunch buffet and to eat at the Mexican restaurant, but I don't think I'd do that again. The Grand hands down has the best food. Why leave?

Our room was kept spotless. We loved the 24 room service. We ordered food a couple of times for late night food/dessert. We also ordered breakfast twice so we could eat it out on our balcony. That was amazing as our room was located overlooking the ocean.

Our butler Ardonick was the best. My husband asked to him to draw a bath one night and he did leaving candles, flowers, and champagne. It was amazing. The night before we left he tried to surprise us by doing the same. This time he left a plate of fruit as well. My husband asked if he could hook us up with some chocolate as I like chocolate with my fruit and sparkling wine. When we came back later that night we had this most amazing mousse dessert wrapped in hard chocolate. It was yummy!

Since the hotel was only at about 20% capcity we found it very easy to get chairs or our favorite-the beds. They have beds at the beach or the pool. We felt like celebrities laying out on those beds all day.

We did take two excursions. One to Dunn's River Falls. We got a DVD of ourselves climbing it with our group. That was a nice touch and a nice memory that we now have to watch. The other that I highly recommend is the Zip-line adventure tours. We had so much fun sailing across the jungle on our zip-line.

Overall, I can't say enough good things about this hotel! It is absolutely amazing and you won't be disappointed. It may be a little bit more than the Iberostar Suites, but it is SO worth it!

4  Thank traveln5
Reviewed April 6, 2009

This hotel is the best value I have ever experienced. We made our reservation through www.goiberostar.com and they handled everything for us and got us the cheapest price. The trip was booked in 5 minutes and there were absolutely no complications. In addition, we were upgraded to oceanview because we mentioned our anniversary.

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. Brand new so everything is so fresh and clean. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Bed is super comfortable and the patio, you can spend hours on the couch and swing.... The pools were so clean and the chairs were plentiful and comfortable, beds at the pool and beach, in addition to regular beach lounges. The beach itself was gorgeous and never too crowded. Water very clean and very little rocks.

Spa was fabulous and had a very good massage! Gym was great as well. Not huge but never had to wait for anything.

The people who work there can not do enough for you and are the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Really want to help in any way, not just for a tip. (We did tip though). The food there was very good. Because it is not fully occupied they only open 2 restaurants each night at the Grand Hotel and switch on an off with the 4. There is no buffet at night (which was fine with me). Again, I live in NYC and am very spoiled when it comes to restaurants. It was not the best food I ever tasted, but it was pretty darn good when comparing to restaurants in NY.

Overall don't have a single complaint. If you're not sure about this place do yourself a favor and just book it. I can bet you anything you will be very glad you did!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
12  Thank thewootz
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Our vacation in Jamaica was over the top. We stayed a the Grand in Riveria Maya, Mexico in May 2008.The Rose Hall was only opened 9 wks, The staff, room, food, atmosphere was far beyond excellent.You are catered like a queen. We had lobster & delicous lunch everyday overlooking the caribbean. Dinner we went to Japense rest where they saute at your table & you sit with others great way to meet people.We also dined at the surf * turf delicous. One night we even ventured to the sister resort & had Mexican &their am breakfast buffet(kids & younger families stay)
We used the fitness room gym, yoga ouside, spinning class, taichi class- staff was excellent-fun times.
We ever ventured off to eat "real euthentic" jerk chkn-pork at Scotchy's a dark rustic bar down the street aww sooo good, as soon as you get out of the cab you smell that smoked meat mmmm. Very cheap & served in foil,watch out for that Hot sauce alittle bitgets your eyes watering. We got a ride to hip strip as well where locals hang out. Becareful by craft fair, they want to sell you everything.Our cab was called by the resort 2 hrs out & $60 fare. Also did the sunset rum catamarean on Thurs night sunset was amazing you get to meet people from other resorts & the Jamaicans are sweet peopleMon'GGive you appetizers & drinks plus cruise $60 pp. You can get a free bus ride to the shopping mall lots of jewlery, clothing & souvenior shops not much
bargainig there though.Bus ran every hour til 3pm daily ask your counssierre'
We were celebrating my 40th Bday so that day after shopping we came"home" to a lovely bubble bath in the jaccuzzi, champahge & chocolate& fruit. Soo sweet then after dinner that ran me another bubble bath w/ rose petals , more champagne & decorated my room w/ candles, balloons & spelled out We Love You & HappyBirthday! w/ rose petels on my bed & hall floor sooo beautiful & thoughtful :) I miss it there but will def. try the Grand in Dominican Republic in 2010:) Irie Mon'

1  Thank Xjerseygirl
Reviewed April 3, 2009

My mother and I stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall during Spring Break. We both loved our stay.
The food was fantastic. Everything we tried was good.
Our room was small but clean. I read the other reviews before booking our trip and agree with the facecloth comments - we got 1 or 2 during our stay, but we came prepared.
The beach is okay, but not very wide and there's lots of seaweed despite the fact that they clean it every morning.
The animators were great. They did their job, but didn't hassle you to participate like at other resorts I've been to.
All in all we enjoyed our stay. I would most definitely stay there again if only for the jerk chicken which I ate every day!

• Stayed: February 2009
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!