“Absolutely top notch!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hats off to the staff and management at this hotel! Somehow, they have managed to create an environment where everyone feels great - not just the guests, but the staff as well.

I am not the type of person that normally stays in an all inclusive hotel, but I have to say, if more were like this, I might stay in more.

So, what are the specifics:

* the most impressive part has to be the atmosphere. It's like a feeling that everyone is your friend, smiles all round, and nobody is trying to pick up on faults. I personally like independent travel, but I have to say, staying here was an amazing and unexpected experience
* the quality of the building and furnishing is excellent with lovely rooms, quiet air con, smart lobby bar etc
* the food was really good, with an exceptional breakfast!
* location was top notch too

It's worth saying that in my opinion, this is not the place to stay if you want "real Jamaica", not in a million miles. This is a place in Jamaica that creates its own little reality and does so with great results.

All in all, a fabulous stay. Thank you to everyone in the hotel for a wonderful week!

Room Tip: We went for 6330, which was quiet and had a sunset facing balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Andrew S
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your cordial review. Our Management and Staff aspires to give guest a vacation experience that is second to none. In doing so, we believe that genuine and warm service must be synonymous with five-star service. Through this belief, over the years we have been open, we continue to welcome repeat guests on an annual basis. Simply because they have come to recognize that we really hold our guests’ satisfaction as a priority. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall will continue to be your destination of choice when visiting the Caribbean.

Online Reputation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (6,650)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

First time vacationing by myself and I loved it. I stayed at Iberostar Beaches and then upgraded to Iberostar Grand. Both hotels were awesome. I upgraded to treat myself. I felt like royalty at Iberostar Grand, make sure you ask for a room on the first floor, with a butler and walkout pool. There were so many activities available, you will never be bored. The food was pretty good, I do wish there were more authentic Jamaican cuisine, however any request (scotch bonnet peppers, condensed milk, etc.) I made they fulfilled. I am already working on planning another trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
8  Thank Oneika P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to visit the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall. Additionally, we are grateful to have fulfilled all your vacation needs. Our team tries to go the extra-mile for our guests, so your review was very encouraging. Comments like yours also highlight that whether travelling alone or with others, you are guaranteed a vacation-to remember. We certainly hope that you will return again soon and will not hesitate to think of us as your Caribbean “home away from home”.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the time I checked in, to the time I checked out, my stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall was nothing less than spectacular. Based on the reviews and pictures it wasn't hard to pick this as my choice of resort to vacation at. Upon arrival I was greeted with a cold towel and a cold, refreshing Mimosa. The front desk rep, Barrington was a pleasure. He answered all questions and gave us info to make our stay enjoyable, he even checked up on us throughout our stay. The staff is what really puts the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall miles ahead of other all-inclusive resorts. The staff is incredibly friendly and does everything to make sure that you are enjoying yourself on your vacation. They treat you like they've known you for years and remember what you like and what you don't like. Unfortunately I can't remember all the names but the standouts were Jodian, the bartender in the Exodus Theatre, Keefer at the pool bar, the other waitress at the Lobby bar among others. Also the StarFriends were great motivators and Kiki, Peter, Mr. Fresh, and Diamond were amazing at what they do.

Stephen was our butler and he was great, he checked on us daily, always asked if we needed anything restocked in our mini-bar. Confirmed our dinner reservation requests, along with answering any questions and fulfilling any other requests that we had.

The property of the Iberostar Grand Rose is just gorgeous, everything is lush and green and the beach is one of the cleanest I've ever been on. However, I will say I didn't like that people would just throw towels on the loungers by the pool to claim it and be nowhere to be found. I don't think there's an way to actually enforce this but it's annoying when you get down to the pool at 9:30am and 80% of the chairs are empty with just towels on them.

There are 5 a la carte restaurants, make reservations before you arrive, so you have one less thing to worry about. The standout restaurants were Es Palau, Kiniro, & Galleon. I liked all the food I had at the restaurants but these 3 just stood out to me due to the execution of the menu.

The rooms at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall are all suites. We stayed in 5222 which was an Oceanview Suite, if you can afford definitely book one. The view is like no other and is extremely relaxing. I can't tell you how many times I sat on the swing on the balcony and just napped. The suite is amazing, it's a great size, so you won't feel crowded at all. There's a table, a lounger and seats on the balcony as well.

I had an amazing stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and cannot wait to return. The staff is really what takes this resort to another level. Just spectacular!

Room Tip: Get an Oceanview, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patricia H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments. Your high praises of our staff, property in general and dinner reservation system was certainly inspiring. We were grateful to have been able to host you for the first time. Please continue to recommend us to your friends and family. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will not hesitate to return.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I love this hotel. The location is perfect and the story of Annie Palmer the great white witch makes the hotel better. simply awesome. This hotel is basically right down the street from the haunted plantation and tours are all day..however , you cannot go at night..go figure. All in all the hotel is worth the stay

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Eric D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review. It was kind of you to review our property on this website. Our hotel is ideally located just 20-minutes away from the airport and our picturesque views are worth the visit. We look forward to hosting you again and assure you that we hope to make your return visit even more rewarding.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived home yesterday after spending five glorious days at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. The resort is absolutely beautiful and the service is incredible! This was our first trip ever to Jamaica but it will certainly not be our last! We are already planning next year's trip and will most definitely be returning to the Grand Hotel Rose Hall! This resort and their staff know how to make your vacation relaxing. Our butler, Mr. O, was outstanding! Thank you for a vacation we will never forget and for giving us something to look forward to next year!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kate C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm comments. We were grateful to have been able to host you. Your hearty recommendation of our butler service and overall customer service means a great deal to us. We do analyze guest comments to guide us in serving our guests better. To this end, your review highlighted the fact that we continue to offer our guests relaxing and hassle-free vacations. We look forward to your return and hope that you will not hesitate to think of the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall as your “home away from home”.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our second stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and I know it definitely won't be our last. The resort is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is even better! My family and I immediately clicked with the staff (especially Kenesha, Bubbles, Peter (Mr. Neat), Shortcake, and Mr. Fresh (just to name a few)) during our first stay in July 2013, and when we arrived back this year we were greeted with hugs from all of our old friends and were so happy that they remembered us so vividly with the amount of guests the hotel accommodates year round. There is not a bad thing I could say about this place and I can not wait to plan my next trip! Thanks again for another perfect vacation!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank NicolettePAndMikeCal

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant comments about our hotel. Your kind comments about our beautiful property, delicious food and warm staff means a great deal to us. It is always a joy to see our valued repeat guests – as such visits mean that we continue to meet your vacation needs. Our team hopes to be able to welcome you back in the near future and would also ask that you continue to think of our hotel as your second home.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to this beautiful resort as a dual anniversary and birthday celebration. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with wet towels and mimosas. The resort interiorly smells delicious of lavender. The front desk rep, Corey, was pleasant but said we would have to pay $50 extra/night for an upgrade to an oceanfront room despite the occasions. He led us to our room on the 4th floor, overlooking a closed off pool and a partial ocean view.

The room was spotless and came with ordinary bathroom amenities and our own mini-refrigerator filled with alcohol/juice/soda, etc., which was restocked daily. The room service was prompt and came with a pillow menu. Our butlers were Donovan, Kevin, and Duran. My boyfriend set up a bubble bath with swan towels, rose petals, champagne on the side, and happy birthday balloons set up in the bedroom itself. He also ordered birthday cake slices but there may have been confusion and they were never brought up.

We had a couples massage at the Spa/Salon within the resort and it was fantastic (not included). A little known secret was that the wellness pool and Jacuzzis are free to any guest of the hotel.

The food in the restaurants was very delicious and the staff prompt. We tipped the staff but I noted that not everyone did. We partook in the sea kayaking (free) that was difficult but a fun adventure! Toward the end of the trip, we began to notice more that guests (green/orange bracelets) from the other 2 less expensive resorts in Iberostar were eating and lounging at our resort. We’re not sure if they had access to our resort or if they somehow “wandered” to our resort without staff telling them otherwise. The cost to stay at the other 2 resorts was considerably less so it is worth noting that it may be possible to have access to our amenities at a far cheaper expense.

The last experience we had at this otherwise generous and extremely polite resort was off-putting. Upon checkout, guest services was curt and borderline rude. Kenroy and a young woman helped us. They didn’t ask us how our stay was or thank us for coming. Aside from this, our experience was amazing and we would consider returning to this resort some day in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade as there are usually rooms available but it depends on who is checking you in...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Julie P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review of our hotel. Your ecstatic comments about our rooms, spa services, and food will go a far way in motivating our team.

It was unfortunate that you had received a less than stellar customer service on your previous visit. Please be assured that this is certainly not the norm, and we will continue to remind the relevant persons of the importance of giving sincere customer service that is synonymous with the IBEROSTAR Grand Rose Hall name. Our Management would like to take this opportunity to apologize for that negative experience. We are more than grateful of the fact that you did not let that experience prevent you from returning. Even more so, it was rewarding to hear that your anniversary/birthday trip had been a resounding success.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!