“Great stay 2014”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 13, 2014

First let me say I had a blast on vacation, this year vacation for me was in March versus July or August. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand hotel in Montego Bay Jamaica and it was nothing short of what I expected. This was a return trip for me and it have been about 3 years, I was greeted by William my skycap who remembered me and yes we connected. At the check in counter I was also welcomed again by Jonay Guerra one of the front dest managers at the hotel. We got a welcome drink which is pretty standard and then went to our room. What Jonay did was look up my last stay and guess what, he gave us the same room I stayed in the last time I was at the hotel and I had a huge smile on my face.

Dinner was great every night we went to a different place to eat, if you stay in the Grand you can eat at any restaurant in the 3 hotel. Sorry , did I mentioned 3 hotel, yes 3. I had breakfast in my room on the balcony every morning for the remaining 5 days and it was on schedule between 0900 and 9915. My assign butler was fantastic, he answered every question I had and ensured me that breakfast will be just the way I like it.

My room was immaculate, it was clean from the moment we got into the room until we checked out on our last day. Our house keeper made sure we were satisfied with the room condition daily and she was very good to us. Our room included a balcony with a great sea view, I took pictures of several cruise ships passing by during the day and night. We even saw a night show during one evening after dinner.

As mentioned the hotel. Insist of 3 hotels, the Grand is strictly for adults and the entertainment is design for adults. We were entertained the entire stay, during the day I did some free style swimming and snorkeling. I also took advantage of kayaking, sailing and windsurfing which was fun for me. At night we got us several cocktails and then check out the show then back to the bar for a night cap. The bartender was great he remembered me Nd took great care of me and yes he also welcomed me back.

Here is the only negative I have, they have a new restaurant called the Jamaican but they only have two dish which was considered Jamaican dishes. What I expected was some different variety of Jamaican dishes to choose from and I was very disappointed. I hope on my next. Is it if will see some change to reflect more Jamaican dishes and yes I will return.

My rating for this hotel is a 9.5 out of 10 and yes you guess it I took points away for the restaurant not having enough Jamaican dishes. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning on visiting Jamaica. Great job to the staff and managers, oh please excuse me but I much mention internet. I use I phone and iPad daily on the beach, yes I did say the beach. Wireless on the beach and through the hotel and if you are staying at the Grand it is absolutely free.

Room Tip: Beach view is great
2  Thank g_lattie
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were pleased to hear that your room, various on-property activities, and butler service had met your discerning taste. Please be assured that we have noted your comments about the Jamaican Restaurant and will certainly pass them on to the Executive Chef. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will continue to tell your friends and family about our hotel.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I visited this resort 2 years ago for our 25th anniversary, and enjoyed it so much that we decided to come back for her 50th birthday in early April this year for 10 days. All the things we loved about this place the first time, are still there - the hotel and rooms are lovely, the grounds are kept very clean, the beach is great, the pools are gorgeous, yet arranged in a way that still feels intimate, and the food is excellent. Food is really important for us when we travel, and was one of the reasons we had no hesitation to come back here. We enjoyed each of the a la carte restaurants (some more than once), as well as the buffet for 4 dinners, and the room service for breakfast one morning. Most mornings we ate breakfast at the buffet by the beach - almost as much selection as the regular breakfast buffet, but with an amazing view of the beach and sea. I am a pretty slim fellow, but gained 15 pounds during the 10 days we were there - the food is that good and there is always plenty of it! In spite of all those positive attributes, I have not yet mentioned the one which in my view really puts this place head and shoulders above the competition - it's the people who work there. They are so friendly and truly care about making your vacation the best it can be. From the warm greeting we were given at check-in (including a room upgrade due to my wife's birthday), to the welcome back greetings we were given by some of the food servers, drink servers, Star Friends and bartenders, we were quickly reminded how friendly everyone is here. Considering the thousands of patrons that come through this resort every year, that they would remember us from a 9 day stay 2 years previously, was unbelievable. It made us feel right at home starting from the first hour. There are so many of them that deserve mention, that I'm sure I have forgotten some. But here are at least some of the people we want to specifically thank - Sonia, you took such good care of us by the pool and on the beach. You are a such a hard worker and your smile lights up everyone's heart! You have truly become our friend. Others at the pool who took such good care of as well were Raquel, and Jordian - thanks for your great drink suggestions and always stopping to ask us how we were doing. Danielle - it was great to see you and your brilliant smile again. You are still working your magic in the kitchen. Natalie and Anthony - you two make the best beach barbecues in Jamaica. The jerk chicken, pork and beef are spectacular and the barbecued prawns are mouthwatering! And I really enjoy your 4:00 pm treats from the trolley as you around the pool. Jerry, thanks for being the best bartender! You welcomed us back with your great smile, and you always had a great drink ready for us, whether it was your spicy Bloody Marys, Blue Hawaiians, Miami Vice, frozen Mojitos, Dirty Bananas, Bob Marleys, Mai Tais, Sex on the Beach or "Jerry's Special". And we have to thank all our Star Friends, especially Stella, Patty Shortcakes,Bubbles, Mr. Neat, Mr. Fresh, Mickey Blue Eyes, and KeKe (you are the greatest emcee for these events - you have just the right amount of sassiness!) Our butlers (Kevin and Deniston) were also great - lots of special attention and always checking in on us. Thanks again to all our friends at the Grand Rose Hall - you gave us a great vacation. I know we will be back - Ruth and Rick

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rick P

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review. It was kind of you to single out those staff members who had made your trip extra special. Our team was encouraged by your positive remarks about our food, service of our staff, and appearance of our property. Such comments are rewarding to our hardworking team. We look forward to welcoming you on your third visit and hope that you will continue to make our hotel a regular part of your future vacation plans

Reviewed April 13, 2014

It was a beautiful resort and everyone who worked there was so nice, friendly and helpful. We just thought the entertainment at night could have been better. There were plenty of lounge chairs at the pool and beach so it was not hard to find one. We were very satisfied and would definitely go back!!

Room Tip: We booked our trip through Apple vacations and we got a beautiful big room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda B

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review of our hotel. Your informative comments about our friendly staff and availability of pool/beach chairs was very helpful in assessing our service. We do listen to the comments of guests as such feedback serve as guidance in making improvements. To this end, we apologize for your disappointment with the nightly shows. Please feel free to email any suggestions you have regarding our entertainment to: entertainmentmgrgrand@iberostar.com.jm

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will come again soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We were at the grand March 20- 24. We are lucky to get to travel a lot, mostly in the Caribbean and this is one of my favorite resorts. We absolutely love the place!! The food was excellent with four options for dinner along with the buffet restaurant. The staff is amazing, very friendly and helpful with whatever you need. Also the rooms are very modern and spacious and comfortable. The beach is nice as well. Not very long however that's normal for montego bay and it was kept very clean. They had beach waiters as well so if you didn't want to go get your own drinks they would bring them to you. Thanks to Cathy at Breton Travel for yet another great recommendation.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbanny

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review of our property. We were grateful to have been able to host you on your recent Caribbean vacation. Your comments about our food, staff, rooms and beach were very motivating. Our team aspires to provide a relaxing and hassle-free vacation for all our special guests, so hearing that you had a flawless stay, means we are meeting our goals. We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel and hope that you will continue to think of us as your “home away from home”

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Each and every member of the staff was excited and eager to help with any questions and if they did not know the answer they would find it out for you. One word sums up what we think about the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall AWESOME. Thanks

Room Tip: The rooms are great we stayed in an ocean view and it was perfect.
2  Thank Jerry R

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm feedback. It was kind of you to remember us on your return home. Indeed, we aim to exceed the expectations of our guests, so hearing that you had an awesome vacation is encouraging to our Management and Staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hope that we will be foremost on your mind, when next you are planning another vacation.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Fabulous hotel, staff, rooms and beach. You will not be disappointed with the Grand Iberostar in Montego Bay. The ocean was perfect for swimming, warm, clear water with lots of snorkeling from the beach. You do have to get down to the pool or beach early to get your spot of choice. If you are not picky there were always chairs available. A good walking beach about 750m.
Rooms are all the same just the view and balconies vary. Housekeeping is excellent and the hotel is spotless. We had an awesome butler but other than booking dinner reservations we did not use him too much. We are not very needy on vacation.
Pool bar, if you want your drinks made with premium liquor, you have to ask for it, otherwise you will get the basic. No issue in the slightest, you just have to ask.
Star Friends were all excellent, Bubbles, Shortcake and Mr. Neat certainly kept us having fun with activities if we found ourselves relaxing too much. Lots of fun for all and a great way to meet others.
Food was very good, best all inclusive food you will find. Even good house wine and we quite particular about wine. The buffet is excellent and cooks are very good at cooking what ever you would like, the way you want it. If you are a pasta lover, be sure to have Jamacian spaghetti, have the pasta cook make it for you. Fabulous, we went back for seconds they can make it hot or as mild as you like it.
The specialy lunches down by the pool or on the beach each day were all amazing.
The staff at this hotel are second to none. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of them.
The a la carte restaurants were all very good as well. North American's stay away from the ceasar salad at the steak and seafood restaurant, not what we are use to from a quality restaurant, otherwise, all had great selections and great service. TheJamacian a la carte was great, nice to eat outside as well.
We do tip for food, drinks and extra for great service. The staff really do appreciate it, every bit helps them.
One service we did take advantage of was the photographers on the beach down by the other 2 Iberostar hotels. They will take pictures of you and your family and you go to view the pictures at a kiosk in the hotel near the shops. If you like them you can buy them, if not no pressure to buy. All the pictures they took we're outstanding. It is not a waste of your time to have them take your pictures. Much better than I could have taken.
Once again thank you to all at this very safe and fabulous hotel for making our vacation so awesome, we will be back. Morning, noon or night, you can tell Iberostar and it's staff takes security seriously at this resort.
PS: The weather was perfect everyday and there was rain one morning before 6am and it was sunny and clear by 8am.
We have stayed at the Paridiso Grand in Mexico and would say the staff are much more friendly at Rose Hall as well the ability to swim in the ocean in MB Jamacia was better. The Grand Paridiso is a much larger property, nice for some exercise. Both are truly excellent for all inclusives, you will not be disappointed with either hotel, the service and the food.

Room Tip: Go for the third level if you are ocean front instead of the top level? If it rains and you have a 4...
3  Thank K W

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We have noted that you found our housekeeping service, food, a la carte restaurants and entertainment team to be amongst the highlights of your trip. Such positive critique serves to reward our hardworking team. We have noted your comments about the Caesar salad and apologize for your disappointment. We do encourage guests to air their dissatisfaction with any aspect of our food immediately with one of our Cooks, we would be happy to make something to your preference than to have you leave dissatisfied.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will return on the occasion of your next vacation.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Our new favorite place! From the minute we got off the bus, we were treated so wonderfully ! I have to commend the people who hire the staff here because you have chosen well! From Jody Kay, our sweet pool side server with the best smile! We miss you already! To Shantelle who could not do enough for us, to Maurice, the friendliest life guard, and Crystal and Shortycakes we had so much fun doing aqua stretching with you both! To Darwin our favorite butler! And Rennay who taught us some Patois ! Thank you all for making our vacation so special! We will be back !
My only complaint with this resort is the horrible hall and buffet music! Jamaica is known all over the world for its wonderful music..... Why not play it? No one wants to hear Bob Marley ALL day but any soft Caribbean music would be such a welcome change!
The food was wonderful, lots of things going on all the time! Like Anthony and Nathalie showing up at 4 pm with cake and rum sauce! Wow!
See you in 2016!

Room Tip: We were quite close to the lobby and sometimes late at night people would be noisy going from the lo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ReenyR

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your detailed critique of your overall visit. It had been an honor to host you, so it was certainly heartfelt to hear that this hotel is now your favorite hotel to date. We are grateful for such kind recommendation. We were pleased too, to hear that you had specifically enjoyed your Butler service, food and entertainment staff. Our team looks forward to your return and hope that you will continue to tell friends and family about our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!