This was a beautiful all-inclusive resort with so many great things. We stayed in the adults only Grand Rose section (you can then go to the lesser hotels Suites and Beaches located next door). All the hotels are located on a beautiful beach (must be on the bay; no waves, which I would have enjoyed). The room itself was gorgeous: two beds, chaise lounge, large bathroom with separate toilet and shower rooms, and two sinks. We had a large balcony with sofa and swinging chair; very nice.Plus they give you a Butler, which sounds nice but really is not so helpful. He did make our dinner reservations for all nights on the first day, for a healthy tip. Overall we found him obsequious and intrusive without actually being that helpful.
The food was wonderful everywhere: the gourmet restaurants were all delicious, as as the buffet inside and out. They served teatime food around 4pm, and walked around the pool giving out cake at that time. Nice! The Spa services were fantastic! The rooms and overall areas and grounds were kept immaculate.
Some things that could use improvement:
1. The bed linens. Definitely not fine linens, and they always felt damp from the humidity. Not pleasant. (Contrast that with the spa linens from the massages, which were cool and crisp and felt like a higher quality.) The bed itself was kind of mushy as well.
2. The shower. It did not drain and ran into the bathroom and further after every shower. The main guy told us the drain is not blocked; it's just that the shower floor was not sloped enough. The water would sit in puddles then overflow as soon as you turned it on. There was nothing they could do for us.
3. A little thing, but the reading light was out next to the bed. We must have complained 4 times; the first time we got two phone calls AND a light night visit from 2 main guys to confirm, yup, the light is out. (Intrusive and not helpful.) They never did fix it, despite subsequent calls each day.
4. The gym! This really needs updating and better equip maint. 2 out of 3 elliptical and 2 out of 4 treadmills were broken our entire stay. The machines are old and rusted from the humidity.
5. While the room was clean, there was often a musty smell in the bedroom from the humidity, even with the AC on.
overall, a really nice hotel / resort to stay at, but some minor issues.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , TravelUp, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Hotel Montego Bay
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall Jamaica - Montego Bay