“AWESOME 20th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand a few months ago and we couldn't ask for a better second honeymoon. The food was amazing, the staff were fantastic and so friendly. The resort is spotless and service was Impeccable The nightly entertainers are extremely talented and every show was incredibly entertaining.
A special thanks to our butlers Stephen and Duran as well as the bartenders Jerry, Clive, O'Neal and Duran. Thanks to all of the other bartenders, waiters, waitresses and all staff...your hard work allows tourists to really have an enjoyable and memorable vacation. Keep smiling!
Frank & Cindy
Mississauga, Canada

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FrankC65
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. We appreciate the fact that you have made the effort to note the names of all those staff who contributed to making your trip extra special. We look forward to serving you again and hope that we will continue to be a part of all your future vacation plans.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went for our honeymoon! Everything was perfect! We would love to go back on our anniversary. The service, rooms, food, scenery, etc was great! The surprises waiting for us when we got back to our room were so special. I described our stay in one word "spoiled." We had a butler we didn't know how to use them. We have never had that option before. We wouldn't stay anywhere else except an Iberostar resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
6  Thank dssoftball1026
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We were pleased to hear that our service, rooms, food and scenic views had met your discerning taste. It is our intention to ensure that when staying with us, you get the opportunity to relax and be pampered. To this end, it was rewarding to learn that you felt special whilst at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that you will not hesitate to book the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for future visits.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We just returned from the Iberostar Grand in Jamaica and I would highly recommend this hotel. I am an extremely well traveled person and have been all over the Caribbean. I picked this resort for a quick getaway birthday celebration for my husband and was looking for an overall relaxing and carefree vacation. They do not disappoint! The beach is fabulous. I read reviews of the contrary and its simply not true. I also did not have one single issue with getting a chair at the beach or pool at all. This came up on other reviews and it was not a problem. Plenty of chairs and space and towels, etc. and we went down later in the morning.
The beach is not rated as a top 5 beach in the Caribbean, which I have been to-but it's still very lovely. There was not one rock or shell that i stepped on getting into the water. Crystal clear and soft sand. I chose this hotel for the overall experience and it was perfect...you get it all for a well balanced delightful vacation and well worth every penny..
The hotel is beautiful and what I loved about it most was its boutique feel. It was not small, but it also was not a huge hotel that you had to take a golf cart to dinner or waste time figuring out where to go. The grounds are gorgeous, pools, and beach. Drinks served on beach-no problem. There was always someone there. Entertainment around if you wanted it and quiet peace if not. Food was great and I work in NYC where the food is great. Buffets; both lunch and breakfast offer something for everyone and its good food-really good. The Ala Carte restaurants are all very good. The Italian was a favorite and Surf and Turf. Felt like a true 5 star restaurant at home. What made the experience really the best was the people. Everyone is very friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. The rooms are superb and the service impeccable. They stock your room with whatever you like and your concierge and butler take care of whatever you need. Everyone is always smiling and willing to help! I was torn between this resort and secrets and am so thrilled I picked the grand. If you are looking for a relaxing experience with great people, food, and drinks-this is it. Look no further. . If you are looking for a party party place with people swinging from their balconies-this is not it. Plenty of music and entertainment, but in a civilized environment. If you smoke, you can here-but it was not overrun with smokers and there Is plenty of room to smoke or not be bothered by smoke-either way. I only bring this up because it came up in some reviews before I traveled. It is perfect for the non, or smoker, without annoyance to either...
I loved this hotel-the location, property, people, drinks, food, and rooms. You cannot go wrong...
It won all its awards for a reason... :) be pampered!
Jen
PS: I am happy to answer questions!

• Stayed: January 2014
25  Thank Beachykey

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We felt privileged to have been given the opportunity to host you for the first time. No doubt, your positive recommendation of our quaint beach, hotel in general, friendly staff and delicious food will certainly serve to encourage prospective travellers to visit our hotel. We invite you to return soon and guarantee that you will not be disappointed, as it is our intention to exceed your expectations even further.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

In order for you to decide if my opinions are helpful to you I give you our vacation history so you know where my experience comes from. We have been married 16 years (we are in our mid 40s) and have done an all inclusive vacation somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico every January except for two years we did cruises. We have seen some really good resorts and also some really bad ones as well (only 1 or 2).

The Property:

The grounds and pool area are very nice and very well kept. With that said I don’t think anywhere we have been isn’t. This hotel is a little smaller than many we have been to so the walk from room to pool/room to restaurant/bar to bar is less than some places, which is nice. The lobby bar is much like all other places, the gathering place in the evening. They do have a piano player/singer, sax player, guitarist/singer, or flute player every evening until around 11:00 or so.

The pool area is nice but nothing special. It is much like most if not all others. It has 3 levels that infinity one into the next down to the swim up bar pool. The only down side about the layout of the 3 tiers is if you are playing water basketball or water volleyball and want to get to the swim up bar you have to get out to get to the next level down. The worst part about the pool layout is probably the way the sun hits the pool area. It comes up over one wing of the hotel and goes down over the other. Because of this the sun is up long before it ever hits the pool area and is down long after it leaves the pool area. A nice touch that we have never had is 2 person beds scattered around the pool. About as many beds as normal pool loungers.

Many people have mentioned the saving of pool chairs. Again, we have done 14 All Inclusives(AI) and this was the worst we have ever experienced. To get a decent chair around the pool I was up before 7:00 every day. Here is where I differ from most people. I ACTUALLY USE MY CHAIR ONCE I GET IT. So many people would be down before 7:00 put out towels or personal items to save chairs then leave and not be down to use them until 10:00 or 11:00 OR LATER.

The beach area is nice with plenty of loungers and a few of the beds. There are also many palapas if you want to lay out but still be in some shade. There is a nice flat open area but yet still out of the way for a volleyball court (one of my favorite activities). The sand isn’t the softest we have ever seen but not bad. If you are looking to walk the beach it isn’t really long but not bad. It probably takes 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other. One thing that surprised us was parents with kids were not even allowed to walk the water’s edge in front of the hotel (adults only and all).

The Food/Drinks:

The drinks were very good, maybe the best ever. They weren’t overly strong but just right. At so many resorts the drinks are so watered down you had to ask for extra alcohol EVERY time. Not here. We have also been to AI that claim to have top shelf alcohol but I know for a fact they had other brands in the brand name bottles. This resort is not like that at all. Everything we had certainly tasted like the real thing. They even had a couple of dark beer selections in bottles.

The food was very good but not the best we have seen. The buffets were usually not kept very warm. I know this is always a problem at a buffet but this was worse than many. The buffets also didn’t have a very big selection compared to other AI. The a la carte restaurants were VERY good. We did all but the gourmet one. One thing that many AI do is you can only do each a la carte restaurant once. Here you can do them as often as you like. We only did the buffet for dinner the night we arrived. The best thing about the food was we had lobster every day but one. We had it for dinner twice steamed and once at the Japanese restaurant (the best meal we had, and I don’t like sushi but the rest was great). For lunch we had it once grilled. They set up a barbeque and did shrimp and lobster on it, very good. We also had it many times at the lunch buffets done a couple different ways.

The Staff:

They were the best we have ever seen and we have seen some good ones. They are so happy and nice it really rubs off. Even the people going around the resort sweeping up and cleaning are singing to themselves and so nice they always have a smile for you. The activities staff is nice and personable. They are not the best at being involved in the activities they are organizing. Saying that doesn’t mean they were bad at it, just not the best. What they were by far the best at were getting to know the guests. Many times they would stop and actually sit down and talk and get to know you. The wait staff and bartenders were always smiling and happy to get you whatever you wanted. And again they were good at what they did, they made VERY GOOD drinks.

We only saw our butler a couple of times and that is because we didn’t have any need for them.

Tipping the staff was more than we have seen elsewhere. However, we didn’t notice any difference in service with the people that did and the people that didn’t.

With everything I have said, the good things were very good and the bad things weren’t really that bad. I have just tried to point out everything I can think of. All in all this was the best AI we have done in 14 years.

If you have any questions I am happy to try to help, I have answered many questions in the past here. We LOVE our vacations and I really like to help others when I can.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
23  Thank Mark L
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative comments. It was an honor to have been able to serve you. We were grateful for your feedback, especially since we rely on the comments of our guests to determine whether we are meeting the expectations of our guests. Your heartwarming comments about the kindness of our staff and quality of our alcoholic drinks were duly noted.

Of special concern to us, is the situation of the beach/pool chairs. Though we have put measures in place, guests continue to place their personal items to save chairs and not return. For those guests who are looking for a pool chair, we encourage them to engage the help of one of our pool attendants, who will be happy to assist in locating a chair. We apologize if your vacation was spoilt by the thoughtlessness of other persons and assure you that we will endeavor to see what other measures we can implement.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will not hesitate to book our hotel when planning your next vacation.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was a fantastic choice for a girl’s trip. I honestly can’t think of one thing to complain about. We stayed for 5 days in January and from the moment we checked in it was pure luxury.
Check-In:
When we arrived we were greeted with a cool towel and mimosa by friendly staff who immediately took our bags and escorted us to the check in desk. We had requested a room with 2 double beds which was accommodated with no issue and we were given our room right away. It was located on the second floor and was very spacious with a beautiful view. We loved our balcony and sat out there most evenings for cocktails and snacks. We met our evening butler, Randy, who was amazing and he took care of all of our dinner reservations for the week, including getting us into the surf and turf restaurant that evening despite it being full. We spent the rest of the first day getting acquainted with the resort and found all the staff to be very friendly and attentive. Our daytime butler Darwin was also great and left us a cute note reminding us that we weren’t to lift a finger during our stay. The beds were comfortable and our room cleaned quickly each day as well as efficient nightly turn down service.
Facilities and Overall Appearance:
We were impressed with how nice everything looked. The grounds were manicured and everything was clean. The pool area was nice and we never had a problem finding loungers as we were up pretty early each morning. I can see how it may be hard to find some if you like to sleep late though. The girls who worked in the towel area always had a fresh supply of towels to hand out as well as a good selection of sunscreen and magazines at all times. The water in the pool seemed a little cold initially, but after a while in the hot sun it was definitely refreshing. The beach was lovely as well and there always seemed to be enough loungers there. The beach was clean and groomed and the water like a postcard most of the time.
We were happy with the food anywhere we went. The breakfast buffet had lots of selection, both local cuisine as well as standard breakfast items we were used to from home. It was the same with lunch. We tried both lunch restaurants and found there to be a great selection of food with very attentive staff. We ate at all the a la carte restaurants for dinner. They were all excellent, however, the Japanese was my favourite as our tepanyaki chef was very entertaining and charismatic and the food was delicious. My poor husband who was at home was jealous of the offerings of fresh crab and lobster at nearly every meal. We didn’t use room service at all so I can’t comment on that, as our butler kept our room stocked with snacks at all times.
Drinks/Bars
We developed quite a little routine during our stay which included pre and post dinner drinks each evening in the lobby bar. This was by far our favourite time of the day. Our bartender buddies Chris, Onell and Fitzroy were excellent and ensured we had a steady supply of champagne, caiperhenas and freshly popped popcorn at all times. The conversation was great and entertaining and kept us coming back each night. We didn’t really frequent the other bars very much. We made sure to visit the swim up bar so we could say we did, but it isn’t really my thing to sit in the pool and drink. The girls who walk up and down the beach and pool areas taking orders and bringing drinks were great and hard working. It seemed like they were always right there when one drink was finished and you needed another. Some even came around offering water without being asked on those really hot days. We did go to the disco one night which was fun. It is shared between all 3 Iberostar resorts and had a good crowd of people. The music was great for us and we did a lot of dancing.
Activities
It was decided that before we even arrived we planned to lounge on the beach or by the pool for the whole trip, so that is exactly what we did. The entertainment staff were great at asking if you wanted to participate in activities but respectful and not pushy if you said you weren’t interested. This is very important to me as I’ve been to other resorts where this is not the case. Kiki was especially fun and engaging and is really great at her job.
Check-out
Sadly, the time to come home arrived much too quickly, however the check out process was fast and easy. We had a late flight and we spoke to Dexter at the front desk the day before our departure to ask about a late check out. He was very understanding and accommodating and let us keep our same room, complimentary, until our pick up on check out day.
Overall, we were so impressed with this resort and the staff there that we plan to make this our destination of choice for our annual girl’s trips. The only thing I can find to comment on that was not as perfect as everything else is that sometimes at night, because of the location of our room we could hear people coming back from the disco late. Perhaps next time we would request a room further from the lobby. Otherwise the hotel, staff and vacation were higher than my expectations. Will most definitely be back! Have my champagne and popcorn ready guys!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank mandy_kevin2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. Your comments will serve to inspire our staff who work assiduously to ensure that the needs of all our guests are met. It was most rewarding to hear that our food, drinks/bars, entertainment activities and friendly staff had met your discerning taste. We felt privileged to have been able to host you and hope that you will continue to tell your friends and family about our hotel. It is also hoped that you will not hesitate to return soon as we would love to surpass your expectations even further on your next visit.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Several days into a two week stay here and the hotel is great and staff and service are exceptional. Just had a great dinner at the Italian restaurant with exceptional service from Sasha-Gay! Really appreciate the quality and attitude of staff here.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Scotty1221

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments on this website. We hope that you continue to enjoy your vacation and continue to be in dialogue with us throughout the rest of your stay. We want to know in what way we can make your stay even more special and invite you to make contact with our Public Relations Team. Our entire team at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall remains committed to exceeding your expectations and trust that you will also consider booking our hotel for your next vacation.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

facility was excellent, staff was wonderful. would recommend as a great resort, lay back spot. food was very good , specialty restaurants were well worth it, be sure to visit them. water was fine, not as clear as other spots in area. if you get chance, visit Negrill while you are ther

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank henson2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review of our hotel. Your comments about our relaxing atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff meant a lot to us and will no doubt serve to motivate our team. We look forward to serving you again soon, so it is hoped that you will not hesitate to choose our property for your next vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!