“Best Vacation Ever!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Montreqal
“Best Vacation Ever!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I travelled to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in early December 2013, it was our first visit to Montego Bay and the beautiful island of Jamaica. The service was top notch! JK on the beach is the best waitress, she brought me a new special drink every day! THANK YOU, JK! Shout out to the best waiters at Porto Maria, Ned and Kevin! One visit and they knew everyday our beverage of choice was Rose, did not even have to ask for it on our return visits. We spent 10 days in paridise! Our room 5432, was ocean front and sparkling clean everyday, we did not have to ask for anything. Never a problem to get a beach loungers during our stay. Our only disappointment was the "French" restaurant, food was better a the buffet. That being said, Surf & Turf and Italian were great. We will be back!

2 Thank hinchance
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We have noted that you enjoyed the service, wide variety of drinks you were served, as well as the food at our various restaurants. We were sorry to hear that our Gourmet Restaurant did not quite meet your standards. Please be assured that we will be passing on your comments to our Executive Chef. Our team looks forward to serving you again in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,951)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I could not have asked for nor expected a better experience than my girlfriend (23) and I (33) received at the Grand. The clientele is slightly older than staying next door at the suites hotel, but the folks vacationing were in such a great mood and relaxed you would have thought they were in their twenties. We arrived on a Thursday and left the following Monday: the only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. The staff is incredible, they absolutely bent over backward to help us at every pass and did so all the while smiling. From check in to departure we were greeted and waited on hand and foot. The grounds are immaculate; the booze flowed freely and often; and the food, while not world class, was certainly more than what one would expect from all-inclusive. I am a restaurateur and therefore fairly particular about cuisine and at no point did I lack for a full belly or a satiated whistle. I can only imagine you would have to be a real jerk to find a problem with the Grand Hotel. I have had the good fortune to travel all over and had serious reservations about staying in an all inclusive resort...concerns assuaged.
Ki-ki, Short-Cake, Jerry, Odean, Maureen, and myriad others who made our vacation memorable will forever have my utmost admiration.

Room Tip: If you find a bad room or one without a view, please let me know. The "standard" junior s...
3 Thank ThomasChucktown
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your positive review of our hotel on this website. We were thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time at our property. Your comments about our food, drinks, customer service, and those staff members who made your visit a resounding success will serve to inspire our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will not hesitate to call on us via pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm whenever you are planning your next vacation, so we can make your next visit, even more special.

Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife Jackie and I traveled to the Grand November 30th – December 6th 2013, which was our third visit to The Grand in two years. Our 2012 trip review and pictures can be read at:

Also joining us on this vacation was Jackie’s sister and husband from Orange County, California. We were celebrating Jackie’s birthday, our 29th wedding anniversary and her sister’s 50th birthday.

Ground Transportation

We highly recommend contacting Clive’s Transport Service to get you from the airport to the Grand quickly.

Check In

Check in was quick and professional as it always is and we received an ocean front room in building 5. My sister in law and husband were on the same floor and received an awesome room with ocean and pool views. Welcome drinks were provided as were warm wash cloths to quickly freshen up.

Room

Bellman took our bags to the room. Shortly thereafter our butler Ray showed up for our room orientation and greeting but realized we’ve just been there last year. Ray took care of things we asked for in our room, so that was excellent just as it was the prior two visits. We also had butler Wheeler who made sure celebration decorations were put in our room and my sister in laws room which is really such a nice touch for a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion. Thank you gentlemen, for your attention to detail and follow through.

The rooms are spacious, cool and comfortable. We did have a small issue as did Jackie’s sister was that the toilet pressure in our rooms seemed a bit low and typically needed more than one flush for proper disposal. It wasn’t such an issue that either of us contacted management, but since I know the Quality Control Manager reads these reviews he’ll see the issue noted here.

Daily room clean up service was excellent as it always is and the turn down service is a nice touch too.

Japanese Al La Carte – Food was good; we were served extra lobster; steak was tender; fried rice was delish and I had extra tuna sashimi. Good experience all the way around.

Italian Al La Carte – Food was excellent, including the Lobster/Shrimp Risotto, Osso Bucco and over the top Lamb Chops, recommended by the wait staff, which I indulged a second serving. Excellent!

Gourmet Al La Carte – Food was good once again. We haven’t had a bad meal anywhere on this property. The staff prepared an anniversary dessert for Jackie and I. It was delicious and we thank you for this extra effort.

Surf and Turf – Al La Carte – Food was excellently prepared. I recommend a medium rare double cut filet with lobster. Absolutely all tender meat. Our table also had the petite filet, porterhouse and rib eye. All guests were really happy about the portion size, meat quality and the preparation.

We typically eat a light breakfast of coffee and room service fruit platter and choose to indulge a bit at the lunch buffet overlooking the beautiful beach and ocean. While there’s a rather large selection of quality food at the lunch buffet, (see my pictures from the our previous review) I typically lean towards eating things I wouldn’t eat at home New Mexico, such as Jerk Chicken with Jerk Sauce, Rice and Peas (Beans), various ceviche’s and even lobster tail and lobster ceviche this trip. They do serve steak, chicken, burgers, bacon wrapped jumbo hot dogs, pizza, paella, various Italian cold cuts and cheese, various cold seafood to include mussels and shrimp, various green salads, salads, various bread rolls and butter and full bar service. The kitchen staff pretty much has every palate covered in my opinion. The food is of a high quality too.

We did eat at the breakfast buffet once this trip and I limited myself to some Jamaican Ackee, bacon, sourdough toast and coffee. But they had ever type of breakfast meat, waffle, crepes, pancakes, fruit that you would want in my opinion. It was excellent all the way around.

Room Service - We did enjoy a Kobe Beef Burgers in our room yet again and it was delicious. Champagne delivered to the room upon request was delivered quickly in a chilled bucket of ice.

We saw some of our old Star Friends who entertain guests with games for those wishing to take advantage of this and would like to mention and thank: Kiki, Bubbles, Shortcake, Samantha, Mr. Fresh and Mr. Neat. Shared some fun and lots of laughs with this group of stars.

Lobby Bar – This is our quiet little place where we enjoy a mimosa or cocktails before or after our dinner. Thank you to bartenders Clive (our main man), Fitzroy, Christopher and Dewayne. Thank you to the charming and personable wait staff ladies of which all the names I can’t recall. Tips are appreciated readers.  I do suggest that management consider replacing the existing light bulbs which are on the inside columns of the lobby bar. These are the lamps with 5 or so little light bulbs. They emit a lot of unnecessary heat and there are cocktail tables right underneath them not to mention saving energy.

The three pools are nice and a tip of the hat to Jerry at the pool bar! Thank you sir. Our special friend Raquel keep the drinks coming. Thank you lady!

PR / Concierge Staff - This trip was a scheduled for six nights but due to the ice storm in Dallas, Texas our departing flight was cancelled the morning we began to checkout. I quickly left the room and visited Ms. JoDeen in the Concierge Office where I explained our perceived dire situation. She contacted American Airlines and after some back and forth on the phone we would need to stay two additional days if I wanted to fly back to Dallas instead of flying to the East Coast. We chose to stay 2 more days. The bad luck right? <Smile>. Thank you to Ms. Angellie, Ms. Jo-Dane, Ms. Michelle, Ms. Conesha and Ms. JoDeen.

I went back to meet with the Front Desk staff and much to our dismay they were fully booked and we couldn’t extend our room. Panic started to set in. However the Front Desk lady, whose name I didn’t catch in this moment called the Iberostar Suites on the property and they could take us in for only one night. She then called the Iberostar Beach Hotel on the same property and they could take us in for our second night. Thank you to the Front Desk staff for arranging additional nights stays at your other on site hotels. Whew.

What? We had to leave The Grand experience behind? Yes we did. Readers, we’ve now been to all 3 hotels and I can tell you while these hotels have different price points we almost immediately missed The Grand experience and most importantly ALL THE STAFF at The Grand.

If you choose not to engage the staff you’re missing out.

A final comment regarding wedding parties: Please remember you’re not the only guests at the resort. During this visit we observed some intoxicated wedding guests singing over Jovian, the hired musical entertainer, which was really annoying. He’s a very talented musician with a great voice and personality, but these clowns spoiled that show for the rest of us. Show some respect for other guests and staff.

We will be back yet again.

Dave and Jackie

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind recommendation of our property. We appreciated your positive comments about our reception service, customer service in general, spacious and clean rooms and our delicious food. Our team looks forward to serving you and the rest of your family again. We can assure you that we will make your next visit even more memorable.

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I traveled to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall with my boyfriend in July 2013. I have been to Jamaica at least 4 different times and this hotel was by far the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! The service was top notch, the room was top notch, the food was top notch, and the drinks were top notch. We felt like royalty for a week and were soooo sad when we had to come back home:( The room service was great and everyone was always so pleasant. I cannot believe that this type of service even exists. We loved the beach and all the shows outside on the beach. The beach was never crowded and we were constantly catered to. Every few minutes someone asked could they help us!!! I loved it!!! Drinking on the beach was phenomenal! My boyfriend really liked the shows in the lobby lounge, they were excellent. After traveling to Negril and Ocho Rios, we both agreed that we made the best hotel choice. After staying in this FIVE star resort, we can't ever stay anywhere less than. We are officially spoiled. Thank you Iberostar Grande for the best romantic vacation ever!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms with the balcony are the best, especially on the TOP floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Your positive comments about our service, rooms, food and ambience of our beach was very motivating. Our Management has sought to create a hassle-free and relaxing vacation for our guests, so it was very rewarding to hear you say that you had a fantastic time. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall November 23-30 with my fiancé. From start to end we were taken care of and I couldn't have asked for anything more from a resort.

Check-in: Dexter checked us and in and he was very polite and helpful. We had a private transfer to the hotel and no one else was checking in before us, so it was very speedy.

Room: We had an oceanfront suite in the 6000 block, top floor. Upon arrival to the room, the staff had already set a bubble bath with rose petals for us in the jacuzzi and had plenty of food, champagne, wine, etc. all laid out for throughout the room. The view was spectacular and unobstructed. The room itself is quite spacious with a sitting area and very large balcony, complete with both a swing and sofa. The bathroom is very spacious as well, complete with his and her sinks, a separate toilet area and both a jacuzzi and shower. It was very nicely decorated and the staff uses scented oils to keep the room smelling pleasant.

Grounds: The grounds at the IGRH are immaculate. You will not find empty cups and plates laying around for very long, as the staff work very hard to get them taken care of right away. The gardeners also do an amazing job keeping the greenery looking very flawless. The resort is not brand new, hence there are maintenance issues that pop up here and there. While we were there the staff were working very hard on the buildings and loose tiles to ensure they were up to the resort standards. It wasn't loud at all and the workers were so polite and nice when guests would ask about what they were doing.

Beach: The beach is quite nice (standard Caribbean beach), with many palapas. We did not have any issue trying to find a seat and thank goodness, we didn't encounter the "towel game" being played very much. It is a little rocky in the very shallow areas, but once your feet are a little more submerged, the sand becomes very powdery and soft.

Pools: The IGRH has many different pools throughout the resort, each with a different "vibe." There are quieter pools, activity pools and the main pool, with a swim up bar. Each pool was very clean and I was quite surprised when I went into the main pool at the end of the day and I was still able to see the bottom very clearly, as this is not always the case at resorts that have a swim up bar in the main pool.

Food: The food at the IGRH was PHENOMENAL! This resort really has a good balance of quality and quantity. I ended up gaining a little weight on this trip and it was worth every bite! The Japanese and Gourmet restaurants were my favorite. The braised lamb at the gourmet was amazing. At the Japanese I had the shrimp and chicken and both were great. I agree with previous reviewers who have praised the buffet. Some of the best food I've ever had a resort were from the main buffet. The jerk chicken and the jerk lasagna being some that stick out in my mind. The buffet by the beach just as delicious as well. At almost every lunch there was some sort of BBQ buffet set up either by the beach or the pool. That too was amazing.

Staff: The staff at the IGRH are all spectacular. I want to thank them all for making our trip so unbelievable amazing. They go out of their way to make you feel included in all the activities and keep you in the loop of all the things going on at the resort. I had so much fun with all of the star friends and bartenders. G-star, Mr. Neat, Diamond, Bubbles, Stella, Short Cakes, O'Neil (swim up bar), Ricky (swim up bar), etc. all felt like family by the end of the week. Our butlers were also so wonderful to us. Each day they made sure everything about our stay was perfect and they also ensured that we had reservations at the a la cartes we wanted.

Overall, when I really like a resort, I tend to return and I know for a fact that I will be back to the IGRH. We met a lot of repeat guests and this definitely is a reflection on what an amazing job the resort is doing to keep their guests happy. The IGRH really feels like my home away from home! If you're considering this resort, don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: The 6000 block is very nice and quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank GuyaneseMadness
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Our hotel has taken pride in our reputation as being the Best All-Inclusive hotel in the Rose Hall, Montego Bay area. To this end, it was an honor to hear that we had exceeded your expectations. Our Management and Staff looks forward to being able to welcome you back and show you other superb aspects of our service as well. It is also our desire also to learn from our guests reviews so that we can make the necessary improvements as well as to be aware those areas that our guests are totally satisfied with. Hence, your review was indeed motivating to our team.

Lexington
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4night getaway (we left two small children at home) to this resort. We had an AMAZING experience. I have stayed before at an all inclusive resort, one of the Riu Palaces (also very nice) and have learned that it is absolutely worth it to spend a little more when it comes to all-inclusives...you really get what you pay for. At the Grand, top shelf alcoholic drinks were always generously poured. The beach buffet had white linen tables. The restrooms had linens instead of just paper towels. A butler came every day to our room to see if our clothes needed ironed, a bath needed drawn, etc. TIP: At the Grand you can visit the other two Rose Hall resorts but they cannot come to the Grand. The staff here was extremely welcoming, but not pushy. The food was amazing...Surf and Turf was our favorite and they actually paired the food with a great red wine. The Italian and Japanese were also good but we did not try the french cuisine restaurant. Our room was on the top floor..room 6402 I believe...and had the best view ever (although the sink did have a big crack in it)!! The entertainment shows at night were cruise-ship quality, but the lounge bars were full well into the night and there was always something to do. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Loved our view from the 4th floor...we were in room 6402 (although bathroom sink did have a large cr...
2 Thank MPiening
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. We were ecstatic to learn that you were pleased with the value for money we offer at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. It was also motivating to learn that our beach, food, and restaurants had met your discerning taste. Please be assured that we have noted your comment about the crack in your basin and will be passing on this information to our Maintenance Manager. We look forward to serving you again soon and hope that you will not hesitate to make our hotel your vacation “home away from home”.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the Iberostar Grand recently and this is the first time I have ever wrote a review. When you stay at the Grand you get access to the adjoining 2 Iberostar properties. We found this to be awesome for long walks on the beach where your drink never runs out. The whole property was incredibly manicured clean and beautiful. No matter what was going on it never seemed crowded and we were always able to find a nice spot on the beach. The rooms are huge and very very clean and the cleaning ladies and the turndown service was impeccable. Some very special people who deserve mention is our favourite waiter Jason, and Anthony the poolside Chef who introduced us to his amazing chocolate cake with rum sauce. Also I have to give special mention to our Butler Glendon. What an amazing young man. From the movies and ice runs to the incredibly romantic bubble bath with Champagne he set up as a surprise for my wife and I. He made our stay at the Grand a very memorable one and I hope to see him again soon. I have singled out a few but every last staff member was friendly and helpful. We found the food every where on the resort to be amazing and there was always a great selection at the Buffets. For breakfast the omelette lady at the beach buffet is not to be missed. We found the whole experience at the GRAND from check in to check out to be flawless and it completely met all of our expectations. We would recommend this resort to any one who wants to relax and be pampered. Rob C

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has Glendon as your Butler.
2 Thank Rob C
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We are pleased to hear that our Property and Staff met your high expectations. It was particularly inspiring to hear that you were impressed with the beautiful layout of our hotel and the exceptional customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will not hesitate to think of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your “home away from home”.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 62 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,049 reviews

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!