“THE BEST VACAY EVER!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I traveled to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall with my boyfriend in July 2013. I have been to Jamaica at least 4 different times and this hotel was by far the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! The service was top notch, the room was top notch, the food was top notch, and the drinks were top notch. We felt like royalty for a week and were soooo sad when we had to come back home:( The room service was great and everyone was always so pleasant. I cannot believe that this type of service even exists. We loved the beach and all the shows outside on the beach. The beach was never crowded and we were constantly catered to. Every few minutes someone asked could they help us!!! I loved it!!! Drinking on the beach was phenomenal! My boyfriend really liked the shows in the lobby lounge, they were excellent. After traveling to Negril and Ocho Rios, we both agreed that we made the best hotel choice. After staying in this FIVE star resort, we can't ever stay anywhere less than. We are officially spoiled. Thank you Iberostar Grande for the best romantic vacation ever!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms with the balcony are the best, especially on the TOP floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Your positive comments about our service, rooms, food and ambience of our beach was very motivating. Our Management has sought to create a hassle-free and relaxing vacation for our guests, so it was very rewarding to hear you say that you had a fantastic time. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (6,711)

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall November 23-30 with my fiancé. From start to end we were taken care of and I couldn't have asked for anything more from a resort.

Check-in: Dexter checked us and in and he was very polite and helpful. We had a private transfer to the hotel and no one else was checking in before us, so it was very speedy.

Room: We had an oceanfront suite in the 6000 block, top floor. Upon arrival to the room, the staff had already set a bubble bath with rose petals for us in the jacuzzi and had plenty of food, champagne, wine, etc. all laid out for throughout the room. The view was spectacular and unobstructed. The room itself is quite spacious with a sitting area and very large balcony, complete with both a swing and sofa. The bathroom is very spacious as well, complete with his and her sinks, a separate toilet area and both a jacuzzi and shower. It was very nicely decorated and the staff uses scented oils to keep the room smelling pleasant.

Grounds: The grounds at the IGRH are immaculate. You will not find empty cups and plates laying around for very long, as the staff work very hard to get them taken care of right away. The gardeners also do an amazing job keeping the greenery looking very flawless. The resort is not brand new, hence there are maintenance issues that pop up here and there. While we were there the staff were working very hard on the buildings and loose tiles to ensure they were up to the resort standards. It wasn't loud at all and the workers were so polite and nice when guests would ask about what they were doing.

Beach: The beach is quite nice (standard Caribbean beach), with many palapas. We did not have any issue trying to find a seat and thank goodness, we didn't encounter the "towel game" being played very much. It is a little rocky in the very shallow areas, but once your feet are a little more submerged, the sand becomes very powdery and soft.

Pools: The IGRH has many different pools throughout the resort, each with a different "vibe." There are quieter pools, activity pools and the main pool, with a swim up bar. Each pool was very clean and I was quite surprised when I went into the main pool at the end of the day and I was still able to see the bottom very clearly, as this is not always the case at resorts that have a swim up bar in the main pool.

Food: The food at the IGRH was PHENOMENAL! This resort really has a good balance of quality and quantity. I ended up gaining a little weight on this trip and it was worth every bite! The Japanese and Gourmet restaurants were my favorite. The braised lamb at the gourmet was amazing. At the Japanese I had the shrimp and chicken and both were great. I agree with previous reviewers who have praised the buffet. Some of the best food I've ever had a resort were from the main buffet. The jerk chicken and the jerk lasagna being some that stick out in my mind. The buffet by the beach just as delicious as well. At almost every lunch there was some sort of BBQ buffet set up either by the beach or the pool. That too was amazing.

Staff: The staff at the IGRH are all spectacular. I want to thank them all for making our trip so unbelievable amazing. They go out of their way to make you feel included in all the activities and keep you in the loop of all the things going on at the resort. I had so much fun with all of the star friends and bartenders. G-star, Mr. Neat, Diamond, Bubbles, Stella, Short Cakes, O'Neil (swim up bar), Ricky (swim up bar), etc. all felt like family by the end of the week. Our butlers were also so wonderful to us. Each day they made sure everything about our stay was perfect and they also ensured that we had reservations at the a la cartes we wanted.

Overall, when I really like a resort, I tend to return and I know for a fact that I will be back to the IGRH. We met a lot of repeat guests and this definitely is a reflection on what an amazing job the resort is doing to keep their guests happy. The IGRH really feels like my home away from home! If you're considering this resort, don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: The 6000 block is very nice and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank GuyaneseMadness

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Our hotel has taken pride in our reputation as being the Best All-Inclusive hotel in the Rose Hall, Montego Bay area. To this end, it was an honor to hear that we had exceeded your expectations. Our Management and Staff looks forward to being able to welcome you back and show you other superb aspects of our service as well. It is also our desire also to learn from our guests reviews so that we can make the necessary improvements as well as to be aware those areas that our guests are totally satisfied with. Hence, your review was indeed motivating to our team.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4night getaway (we left two small children at home) to this resort. We had an AMAZING experience. I have stayed before at an all inclusive resort, one of the Riu Palaces (also very nice) and have learned that it is absolutely worth it to spend a little more when it comes to all-inclusives...you really get what you pay for. At the Grand, top shelf alcoholic drinks were always generously poured. The beach buffet had white linen tables. The restrooms had linens instead of just paper towels. A butler came every day to our room to see if our clothes needed ironed, a bath needed drawn, etc. TIP: At the Grand you can visit the other two Rose Hall resorts but they cannot come to the Grand. The staff here was extremely welcoming, but not pushy. The food was amazing...Surf and Turf was our favorite and they actually paired the food with a great red wine. The Italian and Japanese were also good but we did not try the french cuisine restaurant. Our room was on the top floor..room 6402 I believe...and had the best view ever (although the sink did have a big crack in it)!! The entertainment shows at night were cruise-ship quality, but the lounge bars were full well into the night and there was always something to do. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Loved our view from the 4th floor...we were in room 6402 (although bathroom sink did have a large cr...
2  Thank MPiening

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. We were ecstatic to learn that you were pleased with the value for money we offer at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. It was also motivating to learn that our beach, food, and restaurants had met your discerning taste. Please be assured that we have noted your comment about the crack in your basin and will be passing on this information to our Maintenance Manager. We look forward to serving you again soon and hope that you will not hesitate to make our hotel your vacation “home away from home”.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the Iberostar Grand recently and this is the first time I have ever wrote a review. When you stay at the Grand you get access to the adjoining 2 Iberostar properties. We found this to be awesome for long walks on the beach where your drink never runs out. The whole property was incredibly manicured clean and beautiful. No matter what was going on it never seemed crowded and we were always able to find a nice spot on the beach. The rooms are huge and very very clean and the cleaning ladies and the turndown service was impeccable. Some very special people who deserve mention is our favourite waiter Jason, and Anthony the poolside Chef who introduced us to his amazing chocolate cake with rum sauce. Also I have to give special mention to our Butler Glendon. What an amazing young man. From the movies and ice runs to the incredibly romantic bubble bath with Champagne he set up as a surprise for my wife and I. He made our stay at the Grand a very memorable one and I hope to see him again soon. I have singled out a few but every last staff member was friendly and helpful. We found the food every where on the resort to be amazing and there was always a great selection at the Buffets. For breakfast the omelette lady at the beach buffet is not to be missed. We found the whole experience at the GRAND from check in to check out to be flawless and it completely met all of our expectations. We would recommend this resort to any one who wants to relax and be pampered. Rob C

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has Glendon as your Butler.
2  Thank Rob C
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We are pleased to hear that our Property and Staff met your high expectations. It was particularly inspiring to hear that you were impressed with the beautiful layout of our hotel and the exceptional customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will not hesitate to think of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your “home away from home”.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand-Rose Hall-Montego Bay--The first week of December 2013--We have made 40 plus trips to the Carribean over the last 30 years and almost always stay at 5 star adults only destinations. Last year we stayed at the Iberostar Mayan Riveria in Mexico---and the year before that we were at Le Blanc in Cancun-and the year before that the-Playidum in Mexico --we thoroughly enjoyed all the last four years of trips as you would expect from resorts of this price category-- what separates the Iberostar Grand RoseHall and puts them at the top of this elite group is the level and quality of personal service. Never before have we been to a resort where the entire staff's main goal is to please you and make sure that your day is going perfectly--where have you been where a groundskeeper stops his trimmings and asks how your day is going and if there is anything you needed. Not sure how they got it--but this resort seems to have obtained a patent on smiles!! All the staff refers to you as Ma Lady--I'm trying to train my husband to do this now that we are home. Here's what we loved about this vacation--The rooms are identical like everyone is saying--the only difference is the view--all have beautifully appointed large washrooms--seating area and fabulous balcony area with a love seat and a hanging basket chair for two. The rooms are spotless as is the whole property-- And is constantly maintained. The Concierge and Butler service look after any and all requests as fast as you can think of them and request them. For example I enjoyed a bottle of Argentinan wine in one of the restaurants and mentioned this to my Butler and said I would like to have a bottle for my room--he said this is not normally included in the in-room mini-bar but I will see what I can do--when I returned to my room after swimming at the pool there it was in my room with two beautiful wine glasses--we enjoyed it on our balcony while watching the sunset--
The grounds are amazingly beautiful and well kept--loved the three tiered infinity pool--and there is an adequate selection of queen sized pool beds and loungers--also, a waitress comes by every 15 minutes to refresh your drink and ask if you need anything---as an added touch at 4:00p.m. the pastry chef rolls out a cart with freshly made cakes and chopped coconut and treats to top off a fabulous afternoon of lounging in the sun. We found it only slightly inconvenient to move from a horizontal position to eat these delicacies!
The restaurants consists of four al a carte's Italian- Surf and Turf- Gourmet- Japanese-and the-Buffet---the service in any of the restaurants was exceptional --I am picky and any complaints that we had were addressed right away and with nothing but concern for our happiness and never with a perceived attitude---I had a problem with the temperature of the food (not hot enough) and the issue was not only addressed by the server, but the floor manager and the chef himself came out--Quality of the ingredients, preparation, and presentation is top notch in all of the restaurants--my only comment is that more attention needs to be given by the kitchen staff to serve the food hotter--We like our food hot--not luke warm--this is always difficult when a kitchen needs to produce volumes of meals. We understand that.
This resort is definitely a place we would recommend to people who appreciate the refined differences .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6016--it was so nice to watch the sunsets from our balcony.
3  Thank barbbjorgan

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to have been able to meet your discerning needs. Your recommendation of the professionalism of our staff will certainly serve as reward to our team. Our staff work assiduously to ensure that the needs of each of our guests are met. For this reason, your positive comments about our grounds, restaurant service, and delicious food, was very motivating to our team.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I just cam back from a great vacation. The grand was just that Grand. I would recommend this resort if you have no children and want to go first class. The star friends Bubbles and Mr Fresh were great hosts. They have many actives to do or you can also do none at all but the choice is yours. If you like Lobster this is the hotel for you. Lunch and Dinner Lobster all the time. The beach is great as well as the pool. They come around all the time asking for drink orders and to help in any way as well. They even offer suntan lotion on the house with unlimited towels too. The only down side shade huts on the beach go fast so if you want shade get them early in the day but they do have a large amount but could still use more. The beach lounges with cushions also can go fast but its easy to get a lounge with out a cushion. . But they do keep coming by to serve you drinks.

Room Tip: Ocean view was great on 2nd floor or higher.
2  Thank toolifedave

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. Your positive comments about our staff in general, entertainment staff, food and amenities was most encouraging. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and showing you our usual high levels of service.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Grand was incredible. The views, the staff, the drinks, the spa, the beach, the pools and oh yeah... THE FOOD! I perposed to my fiancé here and it was her first trip out of the USA. Bad move on my part - I set the bar to high :). If you are looking to party, you may want to rethink your stay here. If you are looking for relaxation, top shelf everything (food, drinks, amenities, etc) book this hotel now. I will be back for my honeymoon next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cnae101

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We were grateful to hear that our hotel had met your discerning standards. It was most encouraging to hear that you considered our scenic views, staff, drinks, spa and beach/pools to be above par. We look forward to hosting you again and would be delighted to be able to host you for your honeymoon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!