“Wonderful”

GreenLeadersGold level
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place is amazing! Friends invited us for their 25th anniversary vow re-newal and glad we went. Greeted by Peter at the door, he is your best friend, and others, including Kiki, she has many hats at the resort, waitress,entertainment and sports coordinator..she is amazing. Food is excellent, 5 stars all the way especially the outdoor lunch and dinner area next to the ocean front.
The hotel itself is a very private location just minutes away from Montego Bay downtown area. This is where you go to just shut down and let them pamper you. We had a private dinner on the beach at night with a private chef and waitstaff, its a little extra but well worth the experience dancing on the sand in the moonlight and having a feast, wow! Go, go, go to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Hotel and Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms actually facing the ocean have a beautiful balcony with a double rattan swing for morning coff...
4 Thank Joe L
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. Your warm comments about our food, room, staff and service meant a great deal to us. We are grateful for the privilege of having been able to serve you and trust that you will think of returning in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,966)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Mesquite, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was privileged enough to be a guest at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, in Montego Bay Jamaica, from October 25-30 2013.
I am a director for John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts. In my career, I have worked in, and stayed at numerous establishments. The iberostar grand rose hall is at the very top of my list, in customer service, product quality, and overall experience! 5
I was supremely impessed with their amazing staff. The front desk was amazing. Barrington was my front desk agent and was so warm and friendly,while also being knowledgeable and helpful.
Once we checked into our spectacular suite, our butlers, were exceptional! Darinton Stanley, Leon, and Stephen made our stay perfection. From kind and warm greetings,to personalized lunch deliveries, these gentlemen were the stars of our visit!
My housekeeper, Dezna, was fantastic! I woukd love to have someone like her, on my staff. She was personable, and so friendly. I came home each evening to a spotless room, and sweet personal touches, that i felt were just for me. She made us feel so special!
My vacation was beyond anything i could have hoped for! The beach was so breathtaking, i spent countless hours gazing at the sea! The many gourmet restaurants,on site made my culinary geared heart, rejoice!! The food was fantastic.
As I stated in my title, 5 star excellence; that is indeed what i experienced! I have told numerous colleagues and family and friends, how spectacular this place is. I will be planning a trip back, in the near future!
If you want luxurious surroundings, with stunning beaches and sunsets, coupled with extraordinary service; Iberostar Grand Rose Hall is the place for you!! Best vacation of my life....

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Valecia J
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are thankful that our staff and our hotel left such a positive impression on you. Your special effort to recall the names of all those team members who enhanced the quality of your stay was also inspiring. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that you will not hesitate to tell your friends and family about our fine hotel. Our team looks forward to the privilege of welcoming you back soon.

dover
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The moment we arrived we were greeted with a friendly smile from Pressley at the front desk and Pete our bell hop was so courteous and friendly. Our room were exceptionally and the beach front view was fantastic. Our butlers Donovan Onfroy and Rashane did an exceptional job. They really catered to all of our needs.
The staff were awesome . A great job to hostess Dennies and the wait staff. The keep the drinks coming plus the food was very good . The entertainment was very good too.
I will definitely recommend this hotel. Thank you very much for providing such a memorable moment for my wife and I.

2 Thank hoong
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review of our property. We appreciated your inspiring comments regarding our staff, delicious food and various drink options. Your feedback means a lot to our staff who work assiduously for your satisfaction. We trust that you will not hesitate to recommend our hotel to your friends and family. It would be our pleasure to host you again, so we look forward to your return.

Southsea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place is just the best in Jamiaca. Where the word "no" doesn't exist. Everything is posible and everything is inclusive. The food was amazing specially the surf and turf restaurant a must go on your stay. The staff must be very carefully selected for them to be so friendly and nice. You get everything and anything you want. From different types of caviar for breakfast passing trough a customise bathtub with rose petals or bubbles into grey goose and Hawaiian tropic sunscreen and oils included. Please go you will not regret it. I will go back for sure. Just make sure you pick the right one because is a big complex with 3 hotels and they are all Iberostar Rose Hall. Next door you get the kids one, wish is call Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and after that you get the 3rd class one wish is call Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and they are very different. So make sure you book the "Grand" that is adults only. You will be able to go to the other 2 hotels but the guest from those ones cannot come into yours...

5 Thank Yariela P
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our service. Our staff work exceptionally hard to ensure that all our guests’ needs are met. To this end, it was a pleasure to know you were particularly impressed with our staff and amenities provided. We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will not hesitate to return.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Rosehall Beach Hotel and from the moment we got there felt at ease. From Leonard, the bell hop and luggage man to Shelina in the Lobby bar, all were eager to please. The rooms were clean and comfortable and most have pool and sea views, we only had a standard room but it did us well, maid service every day. The pool and the beach were beautiful and the entertainment team did there best to keep everybody happy. The food in the buffet restaurant was very good and you could always find something nice to eat. I loved the breakfast and I could get a pot of tetley tea. We went to the alacarte restaurants and rate the steak house the best though all are worth going to.
The service at the hotel is very good and the staff give their all.
We used the hobbi cat three times and snorkelled as well.
Dunnes river waterfalls is the place to visit. All in all we had an excellent holiday.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in room 301, room was good but the view felt as if you were in a cave so...
1 Thank flangeange
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review. We were grateful to hear that you had enjoyed your holiday. We regret that you did not quite get the room view of your choice but hope that on your next vacation, we can provide you with a more satisfactory room view. Please come again soon as our team looks forward to ensuring a flawless stay when next you visit.

Derry, New Hampshire, USA
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is our 2nd family reunion trip - 14 ppl. It was a combination of my husband 50th and my niece, Erin's birthdays. The staff at the hotel upgraded all of us to Ocean front suite, it was so awesome! The food was great, the staffs were awesome, and the drinks were excellent!! This was a perfect trip and thank you Iberostar. We definitely will be back....

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We were grateful for the chance to have been able to accommodate you and your family. Your positive comments about our staff, food and drinks will also serve to motivate our team who work assiduously to ensure lasting vacation memories. We feel privileged to have garnered your high praises and trust that you will not hesitate to make our hotel the host of your next family reunion. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Parlin, NJ
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My visit (6Oct-13Oct) to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall was for a Girlfriends Big Five Oh! celebration. I had researched the property and was excited to stay at the property. I must admit I also had very high expectations based on my research, even for staying at the property during slack time. (the low between peek seasons). Although service from the butler to the maid was carried out with a smile and enthausiasm, it was inconsistent. We had to ask for things or information several times as there was a lack of follow-up communication between departments and staff. We were surprised to learn that on property restuarants were on a roating closure schedule. This information was not posted at the restuarant. We did note that subsequently later in the week closure notices along with suggestions for alternative dining was posted. For the places where we were able to dine the food was excellent and the service sometimes slow but good. I think the best place we ate was the Surf-n-Turf. Not for the food but for the wine list and suggestions by the Sommelier Barrington. It was also nice that as a guest at the Grand you could check-out the dining options at the Suites and Hotel. The most dissapointing stituation happened at check-out when I learned that I could not get a bill with my name and information noted, even though I was paying separately from the individual with whom I shared a room. This really made no sense to me as I had provided all the requried information at check-in.

Overall my stay was good. The inconsistenciesin service we lived with, using the rational it was slack season. However, slack season or not my level of expectations were not met.

Room Tip: Rooms in the west wing overlook the beach resturant kitchen entry and service area however have a gr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank BSqurdWillTrvl
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We have noted though that you viewed our service to be inconsistent because we had to rotate our restaurants.

Guests have the option of utilizing our full-service Buffet or whichever restaurant is scheduled to be open during slow season. We encourage guests not to limit their restaurant choices to only the Iberostar Grand, but also to choose from restaurants located at the Iberostar Suites and Iberostar Beach as these restaurants are included in your package. Therefore for example, if the Japanese restaurant located at the Iberostar Grand is closed, the other Japanese Restaurant located at the Iberostar Beach may be open. Dinner reservations is still done through your Concierge and although it is short walk away, our Bellmen are on duty to give you a lift and to pick you up when you are ready.

As it concerns your Billing, As our Front Agent Receptionist advised you the Computerized Reservation System that our hotel uses generates a Bill as per the principal name on the Reservation. It so happened that an Invoice was already generated for you and our agent patiently explained that another Invoice could not be generated with a different name from what appears in the Reservation.

Our team received positive feedback from the rest of your group so it was most unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations. We remain hopeful that you will opt to try our hotel again as it would be a pleasure to serve you again. Perhaps prior to your visit you could email us at pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm regarding any special requests you may have.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!