“This is place is amazing and I WILL be back!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friend and I wanted an escape away from reality but wanted a hotel that was beautiful, comfortable and a place to be pampered and waited on. This is it!! I was so very happy with my choice of hotels after spending several days online looking at reviews and going to Trip Advisor, of course. I was not disappointed at all with my choice. The staff was the nicest staff, from ironing your clothes, bringing your room service, getting your drinks refilled, bed turn downs at night to checking your mini bar and cleaning your room daily. I met so many nice Jamaicans as well as visitors that I look forward to going back this time next year and meeting up with my new "friends". All of the restaurants were wonderful. My favorite was the Japanese restaurant. The buffets were buffets. What else can I say. I had fresh omelets every morning. Congratulations to everyone at this hotel. I certainly can see why you have won so many awards! See you next year!

Room Tip: I can't even image what someone could put here since all the rooms face the ocean and pool area...
4  Thank Debbie J
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to share your review of our property on this website. We were especially pleased that we made your first visit to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall a positively memorable one. Please be assured that your comments about our staff, amenities and restaurants will serve to inspire our hardworking team.

Our hotel takes pride in creating lasting vacation memories that encourage our guests to return, and from your review we can only surmise that we will be seeing you soon. Our Management and Staff looks forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I went with my best friend of 22 years for a girls trip and we could not believe how amazing the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall actually was. Our room was beachview but that is all we needed because we had the most amazing view of both the beach and the pools. This is an Adult only resort but you can use the other Iberostar resorts right next door if you wish. We stuck to the Grand because there was nothing else we needed. The waitstaff at the pool and beach were outstanding especially sweet Keenesha and bartenders O'neil and Barrington. Just watch out for the fun, tricky games at the bar and the delicious shots!! The best part by far besides the obvious beautiful beach and grounds was our butler's Wheeler and Ray. You have a day and night butler and literally whatever you ask for can be in your room at whatever time you want. We always requested bottles of wine and a snack before dinner and it was always there waiting for us. Your butlers are there as well with any question and they are so wonderful. The restaurants both reservation and buffets amazing too! I just cannot say enough about this place. Truly the most incredible girl trip ever!!!! Thanks Wheeler especially for making our stay fabulous.

Jenn

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are beautiful but we paid a little less for Oceanview and it was perfect.
1  Thank Jenn P

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We were pleased to hear that both you and your friend had a fantastic time at our hotel. Your comments about our staff, timely service and efficient restaurant service was also duly noted. We look forward to welcoming you both in the near future as it would be our goal to ensure that we exceed your expectations even further.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I returned two years later for my wedding and it was just like I remembered (awesome). We arrived on Wednesday, October 9, 2013 before my family/friends on October 10. It was great how the staff remembered me and welcomed me back home. The Butler service was better this time as I worked my Darwin and family worked KJ hard. (I cannot tell you who I had last time but I remember other raving about them during our last visit) They were excellent and great to still see them working with the same passion as before. Janelle and Syrieka my wedding coordinators were amazing and made everything easy for me. The food was just as I remembered GREAT. Surf and Turf still provides the best Filet Mignon and Fried Ice Cream. Dinner on the beach was great. This trip topped my first visit and that was hard to do. Service Service Service that is what they provide. I enjoy this adult only facility as I need the rest

Room Tip: Adult Only!!! Ocean Front
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank hollings04unc

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We felt privileged to have been able to host you a second time on such a special occasion as your wedding. It was also a tremendous honor to know that you had opted to have your wedding here at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Your positive comments about your overall trip will also serve to inspire our Wedding Coordinators, as well as the rest of our dedicated team. We look forward to serving you again and hope that you will choose our property as your destination of choice when planning a trip for your one-year anniversary.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had a great time at the Iberostar Grand Rose hall. Everything was excellent, especially our butler, Marlin. He made our visit special. The hotel was clean, the service was excellent, the food was excellent. The people were especially friendly, and attentive. The butler even gave me a app to download on my iphone to made phone calls from my cell at no charge, yes that right, no charge. There were always lounges available by pool and beach area, waitress for drink, always available. I would go back in a minute. Arlene & Margo

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, side view of the beach. Perfect room.
4  Thank arlene a
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We were pleased to hear that we were able to meet your discerning standards. Whilst we are fully aware of the efforts made by our staff to please all our guests, it is still very encouraging to see your glowing recommendation of our property. We look forward to serving you again soon and trust that you will not hesitate to make the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall your new new-found vacation “home away from home”.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall from May 1, 2013 – May 5, 2013. We were there to attend the wedding of two of our friends that were married at the resort on May 4, 2013. We were also celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. We have stayed at an Iberostar Resort before (Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana in 2008 our very first trip together) so we were pretty familiar with the level of service and knew that we couldn’t go wrong with Iberostar.

We flew Air Tran out of BWI airport in Baltimore, Maryland non-stop to Montego Bay airport. The flight was fine, cannot complain. We found our way to the check-in location for the shuttle, where we received our documentation for transportation to the resort. Total time was close to a half hour before we departed the airport. The shuttle had to make other stops along the way so that took some time. When we finally arrived at the Grand, we entered the lobby and were AMAZED at the décor and artwork. This place was beautiful. We realized that the resort is surprisingly pretty small once we made our way around the grounds. We made our way to the front desk to check in, where we were greeted with champagne and a cold wet towel. As we figured, our room was not yet ready, so we headed down the cascading staircase to grab lunch at the main buffet. After lunch, we headed back upstairs to grab a drink from the bar (Piano bar?) that is directly across from the front desk. While at the bar, we met a nice couple and chatted for a while, along with the bartender. The bartenders here were great. Very attentive and accommodating. They even called the front desk to check on our room for us (even though the front desk was just across on the other side of the lobby haha). When our room was finally ready, we grabbed our keys and made our way to our room. Oh, our luggage was taken by the luggage attendants once we got off the shuttle. Our butler would bring the luggage to our rooms.

Room:
Our room was WONDERFUL! We had a partial ocean view room on the top floor that also over looked the pool area. Wonderful views!! The room looks just like the pictures, exactly like the pictures. The bathroom was wonderful, two separate sinks, standing shower with a huge luxurious rainfall shower head, a soaking jetted tub and separate toilet. I believe there were marble or marble-like tiles on the floor and vanity. Very modern and very nice. The bed and linens were heaven. Nice furnishings, plenty of storage, and a large sized room overall. The blackout drapes worked wonders in the morning. Couldn’t tell if it were morning or still nighttime lol. A few minutes after we walked into our room and checked things out, our butler arrived with our luggage. For the life of me, I cannot remember his name, but this guy was very nice and on point. He did a walkthrough of the room to explain certain features and the role that he plays for the duration of our stay. For the night shift, we had a different butler. He was very nice as well. We didn’t really need their services much, but they were spot on when we did need them. Maid service was great and kept the rooms spotless. They also provided nightly turndown service which was great. The concierge desk was right outside of our room, so we could conveniently stop by to request anything if we wanted.

Food:
Overall the food here was really good. The wedding couple had group reservations at a few of the specialty restaurants for certain nights. We ate at the French restaurant and the food was absolutely delicious. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Another night, we ate at the Hibachi restaurant and the food was pretty good. The Hibachi chef at our table was very entertaining. On another night, we ate at the Surf and Turf restaurant. This is was a private gathering for the group as this was also the wedding rehearsal dinner. The group had the restaurant all to ourselves. For lunch we often ate at the outdoor buffet (Port Maria?) just near the pool and the beach. The food here was pretty good, not bad for a buffet. Although, my husband became quite sick one day after eating oysters at Port Maria. That was the only thing we could narrow it down to, because he was fine up until that day. He did not have too much to drink, stayed hydrated, and only had a small breakfast that morning. This happened the day before our last day there, so he did not miss out on too much. He was bed ridden for the rest of that day, and our butler was extremely helpful. He brought carbonated water and bread to the room for him. I also made a request to have chicken and vegetable soup delivered to our room for him. This is not even on the room service menu and they whipped this up for us. I took a taste and it was absolutely delicious. My husband loved it.

Beach/Pool:
We, along with the wedding group pretty much stayed at the pool the entire time. This was the highlight. The pool was very nice, and they provided pool toys like volley balls, basketballs and a basketball hoop. The pool bar was great, the bar tenders were on point. They did not miss a beat in serving our large group, along with the other guests of the resort. The pool loungers were very nice, especially under the trees with relaxing shade. We took a dip in the beach once. The beach was nice, but just OK to my husband and I. Sand was nice; the water was warm with minimal waves and somewhat clear waters. We are spoiled because we kept comparing it to 7 mile beach in Negril (our honeymoon destination). I already knew that the beach in Mo Bay would not compare, but it was still a nice beach nonetheless. The resort held a beach party one night. They served drinks, had all kinds of activities and games, a staged show, and dancing. Very fun!

Other Amenities:
We went to the gym a couple of mornings and it was nice. A little small but it had the equipment we needed so we made the most of it. I believe the gym is shared between the Grand and the Rose Hall Suites, so I can see it getting a bit crowded depending on the time of day. We would go in the morning and it wasn’t too bad. They provide towels, water, and fruit smoothies for replenishment. The resort gift shop was nice. Had all of the typical souvenirs, trinkets, and apparel. We did not attend any of the shows, although I wanted to. The night we planned to attend one of the shows is when my husband got sick, but I did not want to go without him.

The bride and groom did not get married on the beach, but inside of the hotel in an atrium-type of hall. The hall had very high ceilings and was partially open to the outside. I cannot remember where this hall is located within the hotel, but it was very nice. The wedding reception was held at the outdoor restaurant, Port Maria. The staff did a wonderful job with the décor and service. The food at the reception was buffet style and it was just OK. It seemed like the typical food that was served there during the day, but that didn’t matter to us. The foods at the specialty restaurants were much better of course. After the reception, the group decided to head over to the night club at the Rose Hall suites. The club started out light, but then it quickly became packed with people. It was tough trying to get drinks at the bar because it was soooo crowded. Nonetheless, the club was jumping and they played all kinds of music, such as pop, 90’s rap, reggae, etc. We had a wonderful time; I had not danced so much in my life. We literally danced all night!

Overall this resort was amazing because the staff made it amazing. The staff was very nice, accommodating, and tended to our every need. At times it seemed as though they were a bit too attentive (what in the world does that even mean??? Too attentive?? Lol!) But we TRULY appreciated it. We had not experienced this level of care at any resort before and it made our stay that much better. Do not hesitate to book this resort. You will be pampered!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MyPrecious05

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We were encouraged by your heartwarming review, as it was an honor to learn that we had exceeded your expectations a second time. It was indeed our pleasure to have been able to host you again on the occasion of your one-year wedding anniversary. Your comments about our personalized service, staff in general and entertainment was also motivating to our team. We once again regret the fact that your husband was not able to enjoy his last day because he was bed-ridden. We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will continue to think of us as your Caribbean “home away from home”.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Me and the wife have now done 3 IB* Grand’s in the Caribbean, we first stayed at Paraiso (twice) and then the Grand Bavaro and loved every minute of them.
We first stayed at the Grand RH in March 2012 and decided to return just to make sure that this was the best hotel in the collection, and we weren’t wrong, it was even better 2nd time round.
We stayed at the hotel from Sept 6th to 20th 2013.
On arrival the lobby and stairs still have the wow factor and you're also greeted with a soothing towel and delicious glass of champagne. Check in was a breeze, Peter was again the top man when it comes to luggage and room delivery.
We had a junior ocean view suite which was excellent (6218), it was right in the centre overlooking the bottom of the beach where the Pirate party is held.
The room was always clean, our butlers, Big O especially, were so helpful and attentive. They were friendly and always ensured we had reservations for dinner and that our mini bar was stocked up.
The beach again was always quiet, clean and raked every morning, however there is some little rocks, shells on the beach and at the shallow end of the water, but crystal clear, and was never rough or choppy, great for bobbing on our inflatable chair.
There was always something going on at the beach, food, drinks, dancing, games, we do like how it is private only to the Grand residents unlike the suites or the beach hotel further along, highlight was the pirate party it really is good, why? Because they arrgh!!
The food at the Grand was top notch again and probably had the best steak in 45 years, even shook the chef’s hand in the Surf and Turf I was that impressed, probably our favourite restaurant with the Italian a close second, however the food is great which ever restaurant you are in.
As expected the jerk chicken, Pork and Beef jerk burger all available (available at the beach front restaurant) and 2 of the days cooked on the beach with bottles of redstripe.
The Wi-Fi in the lobby has been upgraded and I was able to access it from our room and also on the beach close to the bar area which we didn’t have in 2012.
For our Anniversary and Jo’s birthday we were treated to champagne, cheesecake and chocolate mousse with the flowers and Jacuzzi.

A big thanks go to the very friendly staff, Jerry, Maxwell, Kenisha, O’neil, Clive, Peter, Sharron, Carmen, $horty, Kiki, Bubbles and $tella, to name a few -- everyone was so so friendly.

Good to meet up with IB* Board members Kev and Fi, Toni & Craig, Doug & Karen. Our hotel neighbours Gary and Pam, newlyweds Kieran & Emily, Jeff & Ash who practiced a lot at horse shoes and lost mostly to me, only kidding Jeff ! , it was good while it lasted.

It is difficult to visit any other resorts now as we are always comparing them to Iberostar's Grand Collection in the Caribbean, out of the 3 in the Caribbean the Grand RH is the best because……………well you just got to go.

We have promised ourselves that we will visit this hotel at least once per year for a 14 day holiday, well you have to it’s a 10 hour flight !

Johny D.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnyD

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. We were grateful to have been able to welcome you back a second time to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Your generous comments about our staff, rooms, food and various entertainment options offered was also greatly appreciated and will serve to encourage our team. Our team looks forward to serving you again soon and trust that you will not hesitate to book this hotel again for your next vacation.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall with a vow renewal on the beach. Janielle, the resort wedding coordinator, was fantastic!! Every detail was well organized and couldn't have been more perfect. Everything was done via email prior to our arrival and was over-the-top!! Janielle was extremely pleasant, professional and easy to work with. We highly recommend working with Janielle for your destination wedding or vow renewal!
The resort staff was very friendly and courteous and addressed us by name! The private dinner offered on the beach was absolutely fabulous! The spa massages were great! We did not experience any of the "snobbish" attitudes previously mentioned in other reviews. We have been traveling to other resorts for the past 7 years and this resort is well above the others! We will definitely be returning to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall next year as well! Absolute paradise!

Room Tip: Our room #6318 was on the 3rd floor with an oceanfront view - perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah G
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. It was an honor to have been able to host you on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were grateful to hear that you were satisfied with the exceptional service of our Wedding Coordinators. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will not hesitate to tell your friends and family about our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!