Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$519
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$434
Bookit.com
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$327
$256
  • Pool
Rose Hall Deluxe(Rose Hall)
$100
Royal Villas at Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,270
$433
Preferred Hotels
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,584
Orbitz.com
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
$1,637
Hotelpower.com
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
$426
$383
$125
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
6,992 results
All reviewssurf and turfpillow menuport mariabutler servicejo danelobsterocean frontstar friendslobby barroom servicedinner reservationsbubble bathpool conciergeour honeymoong moneymontego bayjapanese restaurant
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spent a week at the Iberostar Grand, and it was amazing the resort itself had a ambiance to it and it smelled sooo good. We were greeted with a wet towel and mimosa's. When we checked in we didn't have to wait because our room was ready. We were on the same floor as the lobby so we got free wifi in our room which was great. We had a great time and will not hesitate to come back. Below I will break down my overall expericence at this resort.

Staff:
-Our butlers were Randy and Darwin, we seen Randy a couple of times during our stay and helped us with anything we needed. Darwin was my favorite he is very attentive to our needs and went out his way to help us answer any questions we had. He is super friendly, everytime we would see him in the hallway he would ask us how our day is going etc... he's the best.
-Star Friends were great as well they kept us busy and made it fun. Kiki, Bubbles, & Fresh were vibrant and full of energy.
-The room was very clean and big and the view was AMAZING. Everyday the rooms were made up and turned down with little chocolates :).
- The beach was small but very clean. I loved it I spent most of my time there. Keneisha the waitress is the best and very sweet.
Overall the resort is amazing but it wouldn't be without the employees, they work very hard to make our stay the best it can it be. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants to go to a place with great ambiance, and great people.

Room Tip: Our room was on the same floor as the lobby and we got wifi in our room.
1  Thank Stephanie C
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such lauded compliments. We are elated that you have expressed such wonderful comments about our staff which makes us very proud to know that they have exceeded your expectation with their attention to details, they are truly our gem and we are honored to have them working for us. Thanks to you as well for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you for a future visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

First off, I was upgraded because I arrived late for book in to my original reservation at the rose hall suites. Well in hindsight I am so glad that I was late, the grand is fabulous!! the suites are huge and beautiful, the 24 hr. room service was wonderful, the staff was extremely polite and exceptionally helpful, my butler(yes you get a butler at the grand) was great! i plan on coming back on purpose this time:):)

Room Tip: i dont have a tip, it was all beautiful
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leslie R

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that your "accidental" upgrade turned out to be a “wow” experience for you. We appreciate your review and are thankful for the time you invested in sharing your insight. We are elated that you have decided to become a part of our Iberostar Grand Family because of this enjoyable experience. Thank you and we graciously await your next arrival.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Iberostar Gran is by far the best hotel/resort stay that I have ever experienced. My wife and I went for our first wedding anniversary and we could not have chosen a better place. The service was 2nd to none. We actually booked at the Iberostar suites and they gave us a free upgrade to the Iberostar Grand. We had our own butler who booked our dinner reservations for us and was always just a call away. We had a bottle of wine waiting in our room for us the first evening. On two other nights, the hot tub had already been prepared for us that evening with rose petals throughout the bathroom and room. The service at the restaurants were most excellent and all the staff were well trained and extremely friendly. I could go on an on. Simply put, IBEROSTAR is a great place to stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank JAROD1A
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for this generous review. We are happy that we were able to contribute to your special first anniversary celebration. It is good to know that our staff anticipated your needs to assist in making this occasion so memorable for you. We do hope that you will consider us for many more anniversaries to come.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

What can I say about Iberostar but an overall Great stay!! They keep the drinks coming, the butler service is impeccable (Thanks Stanley) and the resort is clean and well kept. I consider myself to be a hotel snob and I have to say that this hotel exceeded my expectations. The 24 hours room service is great; the butler caters to your every whim, the food choices are great. No kids,so you can truly relax and enjoy the facility. I mean truly a nice stay! I have always looked for a spot in Mobay and this is officially it. Bottles of champagne on the beach brought to you by Kaneesha, just excellent service. The staff is professional and they run a tight ship. Perfect place.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Lady Alexandria H

Dear Guest

We appreciate the time you have taken to give us a such an excellent review. It is good to know that staff like Stanley and Keneesha, have assisted in surpassing your expectations. We are honored to have them working for us. We are delighted that you have decided to become a part of our Iberostar Grand Family, and are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We've traveled to Jamaica quite a bit over the years and stayed at a number of different properties (including Sandals and Superclubs properties and others). The ones that really stuck out for us through that time were Ciboney (way back when) and Grand Lido (before it fell under the Breezes umbrella).
Now... we have a new favorite resort in Jamaica -- (drum roll please) -- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay!
From the moment we stepped onto the property we were impressed. Yes, they met us with a cold towel and cold drink, but face it, most anyone could do that. What struck us the most was friendliness of the staff and the true "no problem" mantra they actually live by.
And then, of course, the resort.
The lobby is gorgeous - you've seen the pictures I'm sure. The rooms are spectacular and well-kept. In many resorts you often see wear and tear and a bit of tropical mold. Not here!
The hallways and elevators are spotless. The nice jazz wafting through them set the mood and the tone. They even pay close attention to the aroma (which was exquisite by the way). Not many places do that.
The rooms are wonderful. King beds and a nice sized sitting area. Flat-screen tv's that actually work well. A tub, shower and bathroom to die for. A minibar stocked to your wishes (and restocked as often as you like). A selection of pillows to choose from.
Oh -- did I mention the Grand includes your own butler and concierge. Need something? Just ask.
I asked our butler (I believe his name was Ray) if there was a bathroom fan. He explained how the ventilation worked very well without individual bathroom fans and when my wife mentioned we usually slept to the sound of a fan (and the breeze blowing on her), his response was "no problem, I'll bring you one." And when we mentioned our daughter and her husband-to-be in their room nearby, he said "no problem, I'll bring them one too." And he did. Imagine what would've happened if we'd requested that somewhere else!
The pools are exquisite. Well-kept and beautiful. Complete with plenty of lounges chairs -- even those wonderful double lounge beds you've seen pictures of. Oh -- did I mention the swim-up bar?
And the beach is everything you'd expect from a Jamaican beach and more. Plenty of room... plenty of chairs... plenty of shade when you need it. And plenty of drinks that almost just appear at your side. The sand and water??? What can I say - it's Jamaica 'mon!
The food? I don't believe there are enough superlatives for that! Each of the four main restaurants are wonderful. Our favorite was the "Gourmet" but the others could easily share the top spot. There are two buffets which are both great. And... did I mention 24-hour room service? It's as good as the sit-down restaurants. We honestly did not have a bad or even half-bad meal during our entire stay. The only dress code for the four evening restaurants are trousers and sleeved shirts for men. Yes, jeans and khakis are ok as are polo shirts. Feel free to dress up to the nines or dress resort casual.
We were there for the wedding of our daughter -- and a huge tip of the cap to wedding planner Janielle. She took care of our every need. And even though it was a small wedding (just the lucky couple and the four parents) we were treated like we were the only ones that mattered. And the wedding photos taken by Digipix (on the resort property by the way) were great!
A few tips ---
While there's not a bad room at the Grand, stay in the oceanfront category if at all possible. We were so close to the beach it was amazing. While most balconies have the great double swing you've seen pictures of, the rooms on the top floor of the "5" building do not -- as those balconies are open to the sky. We were in 5432, which did not have a swing, but we truly did not miss it because the balcony (and luxurious balcony sofa) were so nice.
On the hotel website you can set up your preferences, such as number and type of pillows, mini-bar requests.
You can also request the restaurant reservations. It's much easier to request ahead of time (the reservations are then confirmed a week or so before your arrival) than to wait until you get there. That said, just contact your concierge for reservations. While staying at the Grand, you are also able to use the facilities (and restaurants) at the other two Iberostar hotels on the property - the "Suites" and the "Beach." (Our daughter and new son-in-law said the restaurants there are wonderful as well. They stayed a few days longer than the parents!)
Even though you can reserve your hotel transfers on the hotel website (through Jamaica Tours Limited), we opted to use Island Transfer and Tours. While Jamaica Tours is a wonderful company (and we have used them often in the past) we really enjoyed using Island Transfer and Tours. (See our review for them elsewhere on TripAdvisor).
The only bad part of our trip???? Having to leave! But fear not! We'll be back! Hope to see your there!

Room Tip: - Oceanfront category rooms are great! Especially the top floor! (see review for other tips)
7  Thank flymeawayyyyyy

Dear Guest

Thank you kindly for your review. We do indeed take pride in our service, appearance, and aroma. We appreciate your attention to detail, and are proud that we were able to please and make an impression upon you. We are honored that of all the hotels you have been to, you have chosen us as your new vacation home away from home. It will be our pleasure to continuously serve you.