“OMG Paradise!!!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

From the moment I stepped through the doors into the lobby I knew I was in paradise. I was pampered!! The staff was so friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Bathtubs filled with Rose Petals, chilled champagne waiting for us. A pillow menu and luxury bedding with turn down service every evening. Whatever you wanted they would bring it. The food was excellent and the assortment of dinner choices were incredible. They had bar-b-ques on the beach. The breakfast buffet had the biggest assortment I have ever seen. The first time I have had smoked salmon and cavier for breakfast.
The property is magnificent and I spent most of my time in the pool with the swim up bar. All premium liquors. The bartenders kept it flowing, The staff kept us busy with volleyball, horseshoes, water aerobics, bingo, and many poolside games.
I loved, loved, loved this resort and will be back. Thank you to our wonderful butlers Leon and Mr. O.

Room Tip: My room was 5031 and was conveniently located near pool and beach
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bambi224
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. Your recommendation to other prospective travelers regarding our staff, layout of our rooms, food, amenities and quality of our liquor, will also serve as our reward. It was kind of you to also commend your Butlers who made the effort to ensure your stay was flawless. We look forward to serving you again and hope you will not hesitate to book the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for your nest vacation.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Amazing Hotel, treat like Royalty, very clean, rooms georgeous, mini bar impressive. Nothing to complain about & those that have must be exceptionally hard to please. We will return at some point but like to travel to different places so it won't be for a while. Our Butlers Rushaine & Donovan were lovely as were all the staff who all worked extremely hard.

1  Thank BONNERLASS

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments on this website. Here at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall we work assiduously for the total satisfaction of our guests. To this end, we boast the very best in professional staff, excellent customer service and luxurious amenities. It was therefore inspiring to see your high praises for our staff in general, service, mini-bar and butlers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This review has been a long time coming but better late than never, its going to be long but I will try and be quick and to the point in all areas. In January 2013 I flew down with 53 people who were all with my fiance and I to join us for our wedding. My fiance and I were upgraded to the Grand prior to us leaving Canada so we knew it was happening but was still a welcome surprise. The rest of our guests stayed at the Suites so we did spend a lot of time over there and I will say both hotels were absolutely stunning! I have stayed at many hotels/all inclusives and this was by far the best place I have ever stayed and truly the only one I would ever return to (not that the other ones werent great as well but you always want to see something different but I would be completely satisfied going back here) Anyways, on to the wedding.... there are 2 weding planners there who are AMAZING! Everything you need will be done I promise, even though sometimes you may feel worried I assure you they will take care of everything once you get there. I dont know how they put everything together so amazingly but they just somehow pull it off but hey they are pros and thats what they do for a living so they are good at it! What really made me happy is that they only do 1 wedding a day so they can concentrate on you and yours so should anything happen that needs to be taken care of they are right there at your side, huge selling point for me as a bride! The day of the wedding was exactly how I wanted everything to be, we provided our own music which they played, we had a cocktail hour at Blue Moon bar which was perfect, we hired a steel drum band and a DJ for the reception, my biggest piece of advice to brides would be dont stress and take advantage of the extras they offer because they added such special touches to our day. The food at the resort was great and a wide selection of everything at every buffet, I loved the lunch restaurant on the beach and ate there almost all 10 days, except when they had jerk chicken bbq's on the beach because that was delicious and a cool experience to eat on the beach with the band playing in hte backround. The service was great, our butler was awesome delivering my wedding dress to me at the Suites (because I was getting ready in my maid of honours room) was a special treat! My flowers were perfect and everything ran smoothly. The rooms were clean and HUGE! Our balcony had a wicker bench swing which we laid in together and had coffee and read the paper together in the mornings. There arent honestly enough words to describe how great, relaxing and wonderful this place was. The only not great thing I would say about the resort was there could be a lot of seaweed wash up at some points but they had someone who walked along the water all day controlling the wash up so this was a minor detail nothing to really even complain about because they were controlling it every way they could (and it truly wasnt even bad I was just trying to think of one tiny thing that I could say outside of perfect, amazing and stunning). The beach was truly beautiful in general. The games were always fun I loved the magic carpet and ran it many times. You guys rock at this hotel, keep doing what you do because its truly above and beyond any other place I have been. We will definitely be back to this resort as Jamaica is our favourite place to travel to, I can't wait to come back and make some more memories, see you soon!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are truly stunning and worth the extra money
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your heartwarming review. We appreciate being able to play an integral role in your wedding and was especially pleased to see that we had exceeded your expectations. Your comments about the customer service we offered when interacting with our Butlers and wedding coordinators was also inspiring to our Management and Staff. The special recommendation that you made for Brides to have their weddings at Iberostar Rose Hall Resort and Spa is more than encouraging - Especially since we know we could only gain such accolades through the planning a flawless wedding and memorable stay for you and your guests.

We hope that you will think of returning for your One (1) year Anniversary celebrations as it would be an honor to host you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family (all adults) stayed at the Iberostar GRAND resort and spa in July of 2013. The resort was nothing short of spectacular. From the moment you walk into the grand foyer, you are greated with drinks and the friendly staff at the front desk. The rooms are all suits with everything you could imagine. The showerheads even make you feel like you are in a rain forest because they are huge! You have your own balcony with a swinging chair and a large couch to lounge any time of day or night. The beds were more comfortable than my own at home and the over all size of the room is very large. I cannot say enough good things about the pool, beach, cabanas, and the bars. They use top shelf liquors so you are never drinking cheap stuff or bad drinks. There are always activities going on, but if you want to relax this is the perfect place to do so. The food is AMAZING. At the breakfast and lunch buffets there is every type of gourmet food you could imagine. At the 5 restaurants all the food is amazing. The restaurants are never completely full so you can talk and not worry that it will get too loud and over crowded with people. The surf and turf was my favorite, but the Hibachi was amazing, too! They all were! If people did not come to this all-inclusive resort, for a family of 4, you would pay $400+ every night for dinner if you wanted to dine at gourmet/fancy restaurants like the ones they have at the Iberostar Grand. It is WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY! There are also no children allowed at the Grand resort so it is quiet and relaxing...with a lot of fun at the pool with activities, games and of course a fantastic swim-up bar! I can't say enough good things about this resort. Try it once and you will be coming back for years. I can't wait to go back next summer with my whole family again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank rstepanoff
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. Your comments about our luxuriously appointed rooms, top-shelf liquors and delicious cuisine will serve to motivate our team. Our Hotel strives to be the best all-inclusive hotel in the Caribbean, and we are all too aware that we can only attain that goal through the satisfaction of our guests. To this end it was a pleasure to hear from you and your kind words serve as our reward. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and trust you will not hesitate to return.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have stayed all over the beautiful island of jamaica for over 20 years our favoriye property up until our last stay was the ritz. hearing that the ritz was now under new company we tried the iberostar. we wont stay any place else again...the food outstanding, the property and rooms meticulous. but what really makes this place stand out is the customer service and island hospitality at its finest. kadene, nadine, clive, christopher, angelie, jodeen...no matter where you go from the front desk to the pool, bar, concierge,etc you are met with nothing but superior attitudes and professional staff that are zealous in making sure this becomes a second home. we were fortunate enough to meet the manager sarah who after five minutes you can clearly see why the property is the five star resort it is. iberostar is fortunate to have these employees to represent their company so well. we look forward to our return their and assure anyone nothing but a five star experience. enjoy here because you will for sure find no problems.

Room Tip: corner suite
1  Thank p c

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are thrilled to see your glowing recommendation of our property. Here at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall we are fortunate to boast some of the best staff, whilst we are cognizant of this fact, your compliments serve to encourage our team. We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will not hesitate to return.

uality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had our second stay at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall earlier in July. Obviously, it was great if we returned! The hotel is beautiful, room exceptionally clean, staff very attentive and friendly, and the food is awesome! We love the Japanese grill and the beach lunch with jerk chicken and grilled lobster tail was fantastic! We enjoyed the option of visiting the "sister" resorts; the Jambalaya and Mexican restaurants were very good. The beach is clean and quiet. We enjoyed all the shows; they were different enough from last year that we did not feel as though we saw the exact same show. It is nice to have good entertainment in the evening, as well as good cocktails. We had fun with the Star Friends, especially Diva. She was great! We hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your positive review of our property, It was a privilege for us to have been able to serve you. We are glad to hear that you had also taken advantage of dining at the other two (2) properties. Additionally, we were ecstatic to learn that you enjoyed the cuisine, beach atmosphere, entertainment shows, beverages and service of the star friends team. Your comments were inspiring to our Management and staff.

WE look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will think of us as your vacation “home away from home”.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Iberostar Grand Hotel was 5 Star all the way. Stayed here for a couples getaway at the end of April 2013 for 5 nights. Resort is about 20 minutes from the airport, quick and easy ride. Checking in was fast and simple. Was immediately greeted by our butler. Have to give a shout out to our main butler Dennston, he was "the Man!" We tipped him early and he was there to assist us with everything from confirming dinner reservations to making sure we had everything we needed in our room. He even surprised us one evening when we returned from the beach with a bottle of champagne and rose petals all over the bed. Needless to say my girlfriend was in awe that he did this for us.

Can’t say enough about the room accommodations, the room was very clean, view was great, and the swing on large deck was really cool. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom and shower area were spotless, not to mention totally cool. We even used the in room Jacuzzi. No complaints or issues with the room at all, definitely 1st class room accommodations!

Grounds were spotless at the Grand… very well maintained resort. Our room was right down the hall from the front desk and lobby so we got to walk up and down that majestic staircase every day. It never got old. People staying at the Grand also have access to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and Beach Hotel, which are side by side. All the restaurants and entertainment are in close proximity to the main lobby, which is nice. There are stores and places to buy things within the hotel too. Towels and sunscreen were available at the pool. Lobby bar made the best drinks!! . My only suggestion to the Grand Resort is replace that old, small, hard to find Jacuzzi with a much large Jacuzzi.

Beaches were spotless… no riff-raff on the beach… security at both ends. Staying at the Grand you have the use of all 3 Iberostar resorts, which are side by side. While the Grand is the nicest of the three, we found ourselves at the Rose Hall Suites listening to music on the beach and doing activities. Rose Hall is definitely the place to be in the afternoon if your looking for fun and a little craziness. It was nice to be able to go there unwind and then come back and relax to some peace and quiet at the Grand later. The activities during the day at the Grand are so-so… On Rose Hall beach there is beach aerobics in the ocean daily… After watching a couple time I finally decided to participate and after I wish I did it sooner… Star-friend Sweetness jammed us out to the THE SCATMAN!! What a rush, it turns out it was fun, plus you work up a thirst and a sweat! Reggae and steel drum music all over da beach… there are beach barbeques in addition to the buffet places. My advice, check the activities and goings on every morning before heading out. They are posted in each hallway.

We were so content with the resort atmosphere; we decided not to do any excursions outside the resort… just content laying in the sun with a cocktail. Pool bars at both hotels made good drinks…! Ask for a drink called a Marley… you wont be disappointed. DEIDRE’ at Rose Hall was our server on the beach who turned us on to these, she was very cool and kept our drinks coming. We miss you “D”!!

Got a couples massage at the resort… about $110 per… it was pretty good. There is also a relaxation pool in the spa, which you have access to as well. I assume most people don’t know about it because we had it all to ourselves for over an hour, which was sweet! Snorkeled off the beach… it was not bad… if you want some basic snorkeling, go further down the beaches to the other two resorts as they both had an artificial reef so there was more marine life there.

Most people don’t know this, but if you want to buy stuff from the locals, each morning between 6am and 8am, they paddled down the beaches of all three resorts with all their stuff to sell in canoes. They have some cool stuff and you can haggle with them. We found the majority of them to be very friendly and fun to haggle with. Hotel security staffs are usually close and the locals are very respectful of that. In addition the sunrise is beautiful on the beach!!

Bottom line is this place is 5-STAR all the way! Any extra it costs is well worth it. And just because its all-inclusive doesn’t mean the staff get a cut. Get to know your servers, butlers and bartenders early on in your vacation… tipping goes a long way… the staff will take care of you if you take care of them!

Room Tip: Was upgraded to an Oceanview room just around the corner from the front desk... was very quiet, nice...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rick L

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with other prospective travellers. We were delighted to hear that our hotel met all your vacation needs. We are proud of our reputation as being one of the Caribbean’s best all-Inclusive property, nevertheless, it is the periodic review from guests such as yourself that mean so much more to us. Your reference to the exciting entertainment package and relaxing atmosphere offered at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall property is also further proof that a visit to our property is not only fun, but also rejuvenating.

We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will not hesitate to return for another memorable stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#5 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!