“Relaxing!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great resort, just the right size. Beautiful beach! My first trip to Jamaica was perfect because of this resort. If you want relaxation and high class this is the resort for you. Everything is a short few steps from your hotel room. The rooms are well stocked with refreshments and the beds are very comfortable. Very nice bathrooms with his and her sinks. The staff is very friendly. Additionally, its only a 15-20 minute ride from the airport. This resort is designed for relaxation, there isnt much else to do in the area. Bring a few books and just hang out by the calm, clear warm beach all day. The buffets are hit or miss. Some days breakfast was great other days it was eh. The same with lunch and dinner. I would advise you to make reservations at each of the specialty restaurants the day you arrive. The food was delish at each of those! The resort entertainment leaves something to be desired, but the staff is so friendly who cares about the level of talent. We took an excursion to go shopping off site, the bus driver was friendly but it wasnt worth the trip...we should have used that day to hang out at the resort. I would recommend this resort for singles, couples, all girls trip, etc. We will go back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the side where there was a private pool, where the young folks chose to party...it didn...
1  Thank natinmd
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. Our team was ecstatic to learn that we had provided a relaxing vacation. Your positive comments about our staff and ambience was also greatly appreciated. We regret that our entertainment did not quite meet your expectations, but are sorry we did not actually hear what specifically you had a problem with. We look forward to serving you again soon and trust you will not hesitate to return.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We are just back from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. As all the reviews say, it is a beautiful
hotel, on a lovely beach, everything is first class. I would like to write about Gluten Free
dining at the hotel. I did meet the PR ladies, who gave me a letter to show at the various
restaurants, indicating the Gluten Free requirement. In addition, they contacted the restaurants
where we had reservations, to be sure they were aware. Breakfast is a buffet, I managed
this fine, but I brought my own cereal, crackers and peanut butter. There is no gluten free
cereal available, no breads or crackers, and the peanut butter is in a large bowl, so there would
be a risk of contamination from bread knives. Fruit is plentiful at the buffet and there are
omelette stations, where they use fresh eggs, so that was good too. Lunch is buffet too,
this was tough, the PR lady introduced me to someone who could help me know if food was
gluten free but I never saw her there when I visited, so you must be careful. Salad is plentiful,
I did ask for meat with no gravy or sauce, and that was ok, but it is a buffet and it is busy. One
person told me the burgers were 'safe', no flour, but the next person said they put breadcrumbs
in them, so that could have been a bad situation. There is no gluten free soy sauce available and soy is used to flavor many of the dishes, so that is an issue. You will not be able to eat
the Jerk dishes, Paella's etc as they have gluten of some kind. If you like desserts, this is
going to hurt, the only thing I found was vanilla ice-cream, they do have delicious desserts but
not one seemed to be gluten free. The speciality restaurants were able to accommodate me,
and I had nice meals, favorite was Surf & Turf, Gourmet, Japanese, the Italian was fairly useless
for me and I was hungry after it, the only thing I could get was Lamb Chops, which were tiny
and unsatisfying.
So, all in all, I would recommend the hotel for a great vacation, the ocean is warm and just
steps from the seats. Gluten Free food is available, but you will have to ask and take care
of it yourself, watching everything and being careful, nothing new with that.
I brought some granola bars from home too, as snacks, and they were useful mid morning,
as, again, that would be tricky to find something 'safe' to eat. My husband loved all the
food there and thought it was excellent.
One thing I would have loved, if the palapas were seperated a bit, they are on top of each
other, so when you sit, you are very close to people, which is a shame, it is not easy to
nap, as there are conversations etc going on all around you. I do not know why they crammed
them in so closely, but a little room would have been nicer. All in all, it is a great hotel, with
friendly service and kind people.

Room Tip: We had Oceanfront, 4th Floor, lovely view, high floor is best, to see over the trees
8  Thank 2222rose

Dear Guest:

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We apologize profusely for the breakdown in communication as it concerns your dietary needs. We will be looking into your complaint with a view to seeing how we can make improvements in the future with this particular request. In the past, we have had other persons who must abide by a “gluten free” diet” and it went smoothly, it would appear though that on this particular occasion, there was not a Kitchen staff to meet with you at each of your dining locations – we regret this inconvenience. Please be assured that we endeavor to look into the situation to make improvements.

We noted there were other positive aspects of your trip namely the friendly service and the majority of our specialty restaurants. It would be a pleasure to host you again and be able to make amends for the issues concerning your dietary restrictions. For other persons who have special diets, we ask that you email us at least two weeks in advance at pr.gran@iberostar.com.jm prior to arrival outlining what special needs you have.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I cannot even begin to express How much we loved this trip! This was our 5th time to Jamaica and first time to Iberostar. We have previously stayed in Ocho Rios Tower Isle and Secrets in Montego Bay. This was by far the best. We could not find one single thing we did not love about this trip!

Staff- As always, the reason we continue to return to Jamaica is because of the people. They make you feel like a "Prince/Princess" as well as a friend. They treat you like royalty and make sure you are having fun. The staff at the pool bar were entertaining and fun. They DO NOT water down the drinks. The staff at the restaurant are very professional and make sure every need is met. No request is ever a problem! The Entertainment staff are excellent. They make sure you know what is going on but don't pressure you to do the activities. The activities are fun though and there is a very wide variety to peak all traveler's interests. We really enjoyed the entertainment at night as well. The cool thing about this place is that they have the same entertainment staff that does different things each night. At the end of the show they come out and sit next to you and get to know you. This was something different than the other resorts and again, it's like making you part of the family.
We also enjoyed the Butler! He was constantly coming by and asking if we needed anything. One time he saw my husband in the hallway trying to get ice and wouldn't let him! They don't want you to have to lift a finger! He made sure our bar was stocked and brought us anything (liquor, drinks, champagne and my favorite....the PILLOW Menu!)

Beach and Pool-I'm a beach "snob" and was perfectly happy. There are a few rocks/shells as you enter the water but nothing that keeps you from going in. There are 4 levels of the pool which keeps you off one another. The staff is excellent when it comes to making sure your drinks are fresh and filled.

Food- there are four main restaurants. If you are at Grand Rose Hall, you can go to the other restaurants at the other hotels but they can't come to yours. (keeps the kids out of the Grand). We only ate at our hotel. I would recommend trying each Restaraunt as they are all very good. The Italian was our favorite. When it comes to the Buffett, there is a huge selection which is nice as well!

Accommodations- we had the ocean view room which was beautiful! The hotel itself is gorgeous as well. It is very obvious that they take pride in keeping it clean and updated. (they are constantly painting, cleaning, etc). They do not have Wifi everywhere but you can get it in the Lobby and the pool bar. We usually do FaceTime with our kids when on trips since we don't have international calls so weren't able to this time because we didn't really want to have a personal conversation in the middle of the Lobby/bar but were able to text them while sitting at the bar so it was fine. We did notice that they were installing Wifi cables in other places so it looks like there may be more options soon.

All in all, this was an amazing experience and we will be back next year!

2  Thank AshleyGreen71004
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that our staff, beach/pool, food and accommodations had all met your high expectations. Our hotel takes pride in the total satisfaction of all our guests, so positive feedback such as yours serves as our reward. We look forward to serving you again soon and hope that you will not hesitate to book our hotel when next you are planning your vacation.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went to Jamaica for my little sister's 50th birthday. So it was Vicki, Toni and me Donna. Also my B-I-L David. There is many of the staff that I would like to commend for making this a trip to remember. From the time you check in to check out we were pampered. Anything we needed or asked for was there. The adventures to Dolphin Cove, Dunn's River Waterfall, YS Waterfall and the Black River Safari were fabulous and a must for anyone. Do them if you can. Even the shopping trip.

The resort was totally all inclusive and adults only. (Away from the kids). Very clean and the grounds were well kept. (Food, entertainment, service and all the drinks and sun you would ever want.) I am a big one for wearing a watch. Never leave home without it. But once there I only wore it a few times while traveling to our adventures. I WOULD GO BACK AGAIN....AN AWESOME TRIP!!!

So here is a long list of all of the staff that was part of our stay that made it truly the best. They all deserve gold stars. Ask for them and mention me when you go.

The Butlers: Donovan (5-Star Service), Rushane (Great Smile and Attention), Glendon(Thanks for the Special B-day surprise for Toni) and Kevin from one of the other floors....Each one of them kept it all together for us. Even a special night for Ton's birthday.

The Wait Staff: Anthony the cook (Great Spaghetti) , Sheena, Norland, Herlando, Ernest, Deneshia, Mama Bubbles and many more that I sure I forgot.

The Entertainment Staff: Kiki, Brandon aka: Mr. Fresh (Thanks for the mojo to help me win the bottle of Jamaican Rum playing Bingo), Shortcake, Diva, Bubbles and more.

From JTL: Garth, Antonette, Dornell (at the desk), Francine (Great narrator and educator for the Jamaican culture and people.)

Room Tip: Any room with an Ocean View would be great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna_O_1956

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. It was a pleasure to hear that our entire team had contributed to making your vacation a very memorable one. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your family and can only hope that you will all think of returning soon. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will think of our hotel as your Caribbean “home away from home”.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had a fantastic time at this wonderful hotel. It is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or to just get away and relax. Our butlers were friendly,courteous and met all our needs even when we were a bit confused on what our needs were. (never had butler service before). I cannot really comment too much on the restaurants as we only went to the gourmet for our special 25th dinner but it was fabulous. We were so impressed with the quality of the buffets that we went to them most nights as we wanted to be on our own time and not have to worry about rushing off to a dinner. We did meet and speak to a lot of guest who had attended the restaurants and they were all very pleased. This hotel is very nicely decorated and spacious. Our room was large with his and her bathroom sinks, a large tup and a surround shower with a waterfall shower head. We loved the balcony with the swing, I was so comfortable out there I slept on the swing most of the night 3x and no bugs.The balcony was our favourite place to chill. This place is all it is cracked up to be. There is activities every day, and the entertainment staff goes out of there way to make it a fun place but without being annoying so to speak. A big thank you to Kevin and Denton our butlers they had our room done up with balloons, candles and a bubble bath prepared with fresh rose petals it was very romantic. This hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport which is a real plus. The service here is top notch and every one is so friendly and helpful. We did not have any problems finding chairs at the beach or the pool although the chairs surrounding the front of the pool all seem to be saved very early in the morning but it did not bother us. There is plenty of room on the beach. The water was very warm in both the swimming pool and beach (stayed here May 18-24) we did have rain for quite a few days but it wasn't a lot only one afternoon was lost but we just went to the bar. The bar staff are great and and fun, top shelf booze grey goose, belvedere, etc etc. We did not spend anytime at the spa so cannot comment there. The only disappointment I have about this hotel is that I had to leave. You know that you have had a great vacation when you can't stop thinking about this place months later. We will definitely be returning some day!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teresa r

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to have been able to serve you on your recent visit to the island. Your positive comments about our hotel, amenities, staff and service will also serve to insoire our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will continue to think of us as your vacation “home away from home”.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I visited the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall during the week of 24-28 June 2013 to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. This was our first trip to Jamaica and one of the few locales my wife always wanted to go. I conducted my selection research through "tripadvisor.com" and was not dissapointed in the least. From arrival to departure our every wish and desire was met by the hotel staff.

A couple of days prior to our arrival, I emailed the management staff at the hotel and requested that they make several dinner reservations for us, and respectfully requested an upper level suite with a nice view. Other reviewers stated that they never received a response or that they received on days or a week later. I received a response the next day, along with confirmation of our restaurant reservations. As for the suite, we were assigned suite 5308 on the third floor with a beautiful oceanview.

Upon arrival we were met by a staff member offerring us Mimosas and cool face towels. The front desk clerk "Pressley" was very pleasant and made us feel very welcome, we arrived early so our suite was not ready, but he checked us in and directed us to where we could enjoy a drink or have lunch; we did both, and within the hour our suite was ready. Our bellman escorted us to our suite giving us a tour and pointing out several areas along the way. Even before the bellman departed we were greeted by our personal Butler, Wheeler who welcomed us and asked if there was any special requests. I mentioned in passing that we were celebrating an anniversary and requested an additional dinner reservation. He noted everything and off he went.

That evening when we returned from dinner at the Japanese restaurant, where the food and show put on by the Tepanyaki chef "Ching-ching" was amazing, our suite was decked out with a bubble bath with rose petals, some towel sculptures and more rose petals on the bed as well as two cheese and fruit platters and some bubbly, plus a congratulatory note from the management. My wife was smiling from ear to ear!

The following days were spent lounging on the beautiful beach, snorkeling, parasailing, learning reggae dance moves taught by the star friends, Shortcake, Kiki and Bubbles to name a few, eating jerk chicken cooked on the beach and drinking cold frosty beverages. Evenings were spent having delicious meals, more beverages, enjoying the shows put on by the star friends, and dancing the night away at the Moon walk dance club.

My advice to anyone thinking about booking this hotel is as follows, spend the extra money and book the Grand, it's worth it, and once you arrive, pace yourself and you will not have a dull moment. We were planning our return trip on the drive home from the airport. Thanks to all the staff and management, from the bellman to Public relations manager for making this a memorable vacation.

Room Tip: Always email the management in advance "requesting" a high floor with ocean view, the best...

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We appreciated your generous recommendation of our service. It was especially encouraging to see that you took the time to remember those staff members who made a positive impression on you with their exceptional customer service. Our hotel takes pride in providing value for money without sacrificing quality service and amenities, so your review was rewarding to our Management and Staff. We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will not hesitate to return in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I visited this resort in May 2013 for our 7th anniversary. We are writing this review from our deck while eating jerk chicken (resort's recipe) and drinking our new favorite drink the Jamaican Smile.

This was our 5th trip to Jamaica overall, but our first to this resort and an Iberostar resort in general. First, we would recommend Club Mobay to and from Jamaica. While it is not a necessary service, it certainly got us into vacation mode quickly. We also used Clive's Transportation which we would highly recommend.

We arrived in Jamaica at 10am and we were lucky enough to be in our room around noon. We certainly did not expect that since check-in isn't until much later but it was a welcomed surprise.

Others have commented on: not seeing their butlers, not getting served quickly, or not gotten reservations for a la carte. We did not experience any of this. Our butlers were always present and saying hi and only within a phone call when needed. The only time it took our butler a long time to get to us was when I was actually trying to tip him on our last night. We aren't the kind of people to use a butler but even so they always went above and beyond for anything we asked: full bottles of rum and bailey's, special baths drawn, champagne nightly, unexpected desserts.

We never once felt pressured to tip at this resort. Service was above and beyond at all times, regardless of whether or not we had tips out ready to give. The Staff is truly what makes this resort amazing and better than any other resort that we have been to in Jamaica and on other islands. We even tipped the people keeping the pool bathrooms clean because they were doing an amazing job.

We have never participated in any activities at any other resort until this one. The Star Friends were not pushy at all but encouraged you to have fun and let you know what activities were happening at all times. We participated in zumba, intro to scuba, water aerobics, games, and wine tasting.

The pools and beach were great. There were some towel games like at every other resort. You could definitely find a seat, it just might not be within a yard of the pool. Loved that you could have as many towels as you wanted and that you could visit the "sister resorts."

The drinks were not watered down and the food was good. It's Jamaica, try the seafood and the local cuisine. Of course the Italian is not as good as places in other countries, but again it's Jamaica. We enjoyed all of the restaurants and the buffet certainly had something for everyone - if you can't find something you are very picky. Contrary to what other people have written, there was always fresh fruit (eat the bananas in Jamaica). We didn't even care that it wasn't lobster season, as the substituted shrimp and fish dishes more than filled the void.

We were blown away by the staff at the Italian restaurant as they didn't miss one beat and were extremely professions when the resort's power went out briefly during a severe storm. They kept serving, lit candles, and acted like nothing happened. It ended up being our favorite dinner.

The staff - get to know them. They have great personalities and they genuinely want to know about you and your life. They all seem to know your name and what you like to drink or what activity you would be interested in after the first day. Errol and Ardley were our favorite bartenders. The cappuccinos in the morning, as well as the service at the bar were excellent.

Our room was ocean view and the first room next to the lobby. This allowed for wifi from the room. We brought a travel modem and used that as well and it worked just fine from the room - gets around the "wifi complaint" that we saw so frequently at the resort. The wifi speed was fast enough to facetime with home. Yes, there was a palm tree in front of our room but we could still easily see the ocean and the pool. Maid service was great, they came twice a day. Even on a heavy check-out day they got to our room twice. We used room service once and it was great for breakfast.

The gym was adequate, though warm, and we actually preferred running the beach along all three resorts. Yes, you have to run back and forth to get a good long run in, but I would take that scenery over the 6 miles on a treadmill or along our city roads.

We treated ourselves to a two-hour spa treatment for our anniversary: the coffee scrub and massage. It certainly was worth it. The facilities could use a little updating (towels, robes, waiting areas) but the treatment made up for any deficiencies.

The night entertainment was okay, the entertainment staff works really hard. Then again, we haven't been to many places that had excellent night entertainment. The night club was alright the night that we went. The pirate beach party was fun - don't miss that and get there early as there were activities before the show which were a lot of fun. One night they had an awesome band outside by the pool and we wish they were there nightly as the music is what makes Jamaica.

The weather was perfect, other than an hour or two of showers every afternoon/early evening. We were impressed that the staff members would escort guests from the pool/dining area to the main building with umbrellas.

We will definitely be back but until then we will be drinking our Jamaican Smiles at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank grimdogg31

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. Your comments about our service, pool/beach, drinks, food and staff in general will also serve to motivate our team. We noted that this was not your first trip to the island but you had opted to try our hotel for the first time. We hope that this will be the start of a lasting relationship, especially since we were able to have met all your expectations. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations even further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#5 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!