“Just go to the Grand!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After having had a marvellous time on my first visit (March 2012), I was apprehensive that a return visit might fall short of my admittedly high expectations. Instead, this time was even better!
Published check-in time is 3pm. I arrived at 11:30am, was greeted with the customary mimosa, welcomed like a friend by reception check-in and was in my fabulous suite on the wing and level I wanted by 12:30pm thanks to the efforts of Angellie Thompson, PR Manager.
It just gets better...swanned out for dinner on my second night,
inadvertently leaving my room safe open! Kimara and O'Keane
worked as a team to ensure all cash, credit cards, electronics were safe...you both know how grateful (and embarrassed) I am.
ALL the staff at the Grand are fantastic...I could mention names here, but an e-mail message to the resort is on the way.
Finally, the guests at this resort once again were remarkable!
Ontario, Ohio, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New York, Newfoundland, Belgium and Quebec, you all rock, and know who you are!
Dining...terrific...always something you'll like!
Drinks...top shelf and fun everywhere!
In summary, you don't have to be brave to travel solo to the Grand. GO!

Room Tip: 3rd level, wing 5...No bad rooms/views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandra B
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to remember us on your return home. We are grateful for the chance to have shared in your recent vacation to Jamaica. We feel rewarded by reviews like yours that point out the unique friendly atmosphere as well as our various food and drink options available. It would be an honor to have the chance to welcome you back and hope that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (6,720)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We spent 10 days at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall January 19 th to the 29 th.
This place is awesome,my wife and I go away two times in the winter each year,this place is the
best we have been to.We have been to numerous Sandals, but this place is the best that we have been to.The star friends are hard workers and make your days fun ,Diva, Bubbles, Short Cake,
Mister Fresh,Mister Neat, G Money, Lucky, Crazy.And a special thanks to our butlers Darwin and Randy and Kevin. Absolutely no complaints about the food,In the Italian resturant when we told the waiter I couldn't read the menu, he brought the chief out I asked if I could have a plain veal parm
with spagetti, poof it was delivered AWESOME. Clean and spacous rooms.We will defiently be back next year.So Diva get ready for 10 days with Mr Trouble and Wendy

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to share this review with other travelers. Your mention of those staff members who contributed to making your vacation a memorable one, will also serve to motivate them. Our emphasis remains that of ensuring that each of our guests is entirely satisfied. For this reason, we try to personalize our service by paying attention to the special requests of all our. So it was rewarding to learn that you had been so impressed with our service that you intend on returning early next year. We look forward to welcoming you back and remind you to think of us as your new winter-getaway.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Iberostar in Jamaica. This was my first time at the Grand. I had a blast! The room was awesome with a great view and the butlers, Raynard and I can't remember the other ones name :(, were also great. The food was tasty and the drinks were perfect. I spent most of my time at the pool bar. Orlando and Morris were very friendly and my favorites. The entire staff was great. I highly recommend the Iberostar (Grand)! I can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your positive comments about our staff, food, and your room will also serve to motivate our team. We take great joy in being able to provide a flawless vacation experience for our guests. But even more delightful, is to get actual comments as to how our guests rate our service. We look forward to serving you again and hope that you will not hesitate to choose the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for your next Jamaican vacation.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

What a gem of a hotel. We had done lots of research before travelling so everything went together like clockwork from leaving our house to arriving back in the UK after the most amazing of holidays. On arrival at The Grand we were greeted with a cold towel and refreshing drink, we had used Reggae Tours ($65 return for 4 people) for a private transfer so we had a smooth journey and we also took advantage of the "Club Mobay" meet and greet service at Montego Bay which saved us time in immigration as we had a personnel escort from the plane to our taxi which was worth every penny ($80 for return service and private lounge use).

Check in at the hotel was very fast and smooth and we were taken to our rooms. The rooms were outstanding with breathtaking views. I had pre booked all our evening meals via email our first and second night had been confirmed but the rest of the meals had been lost from the system. As I had a printed copy it wasn't a problem and it was all re booked. I heard other guests saying they had been unable to book as restaurants were all full so a good idea to book ahead if you can. Our first meal was in the Surf and Turf and it was truly exceptional, great food, service and wine. We used all the al la cartes and each one had something special although the buffet was just as good if you don't mind helping yourself. The breakfast buffet was lovely with foods to suit every taste. Lunch at the beach bar at The Grand was not for us as you had to queue for tables and food which ran out quickly so we only went once.

We didn't tend to get involved in the entertainment but those who did were all having a cracking time from morning till night. The staff were the friendliest I have ever come across, we didn't see one person that wouldn't say hi and give you a smile. The bars were great with the hugest selection of drinks I have ever seen. Top class Brandy's, whiskey's, vodkas and liqueurs all on offer at no extra cost.

Beaches were stunning, bed saving does happen I'm afraid so if you want a good spot you will need to join them to beat them. Leave personnel items such as a book or mag on your beds with the hotel towels after 7am and they will stay put until you have eaten breakfast. If you don't mind a walk down the beach later you will always find a sunbed but not in prime position for the beach bar service if you leave it to late.

We did venture into the other hotels to take a look, service in them all was fantastic, The Rose Hall Beach looks lovely inside but tired outside on the beach and around the pools, the Suites looked lovely for people with children and we did try lunch at the Suites beach bar which was satisfying and good quality.

Please, please, please go and take a look at the craft market at the end of the beach, your very safe although your just outside the hotel grounds, the staff said we were not at any risk so don't worry, the area looks a bit shabby and has a strong aroma of illegal substance but these people sell beautiful craft items if you have a dig around and they are a fraction of the cost you will find anywhere. They love to bargain with you and just want you to take a look, walk to the back of the market and work your way back to the hotels, they will all want you to look at their wares but a simple no thank you if you don't want anything will be enough. We spent a few dollars and left with a hug from many and good wishes for a safe journey home from them all, It's a real insight into real Jamaica away from the glamour of the hotels. A superb hotel with amazing staff, a magical holiday and most of all the most welcoming country we think we will ever visit so can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mashwilliams

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review. We were ecstatic to learn that you had an enjoyable vacation. It was also a pleasure to learn that you had the opportunity to share in the various aspects of our service.

We wanted to point out to other travelers that we cannot vouch for the safety of persons next door. To this end, we do not recommend it to our guests. There are many gift shops on property, a licensed craft market nearby, and a few shopping centers within 5 - 15 minutes radius. Added to that, the “Shops at Rose Hall” also sends a free shuttle which is helpful in defraying the cost of chartering a taxi to go shopping.

We look forward to hosting you again soon and hope that you will not hesitate to return.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I agree with all of the wonderful comments about Iberostar and am perfectly happy to stay on the resort any time. however, after a few days, I wanted to go check out the local scene and see the "real" Jamaica. I've heard people are afraid of venturing off the resorts so I asked for a reccommendation for a driver. That's how I found Raymond Fairclough at 876-887-1406. He has a new clean van with video screen (if the children get restless) great tunes and refreshments. Just a super sweet guy who is an excellent driver and very safe. I highly reccommend him. You wont be sorry. He took us around Mobay to eat some vegetarian rasta food (delicious) and to a local pool hall. We also went on a day trip to Negril which was a blast. Call Raymond if you want to venture off the resort.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank LABlonde90094

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are grateful to hear that our hotel met your vacation needs. It would be a pleasure to host you again and trust that you will not hesitate to choose our property again when next you are planning your vacation.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you are looking for a Jamaican All Inclusive stay, Iberostar Grand Rose Hall are doing it right.

We have been to a few all inclusive resorts now and this was one of the best.

We stayed for a week on our Honeymoon in December 2011.

The rooms are lovely and spacious with a great feel to them. The bathroom was modern and well presented.

The hotel grounds / lobby / theatre are a spectacular sight. Everything about the place is amazing.
You do not have to leave the resort grounds.

The pool staff and service was great. Frequently getting us drinks and refilling drinks as we lay in the sun.

The resort staff “Star friends” were great in organising games and activities for people to play. It really helped everyone get to know each other. Tinkerbell was our favourite of the lot.

The Grand Rose Hall does have a more independent feel to it. There are more couples looking to spend their own time together, so it does not have a party feel to it that I saw a few times at the hotel next door (the middle range rose hall which you still have access to).

The shows they put on each night are fun and entertaining. Expect to be given drinks and popcorn as you enjoy each show.

After the show each night they open up the disco, which is a good laugh. I think the disco was for all of the resorts to it is quite busy and lively.

I will agree with other reviewers that the only thing not 5 star about this place is the food. Most of it is good or very good, but some of the meals I ordered were average, but as I wasn't handing over any money for that specific meal I was not upset. That is the only let down with the resort.

I would still recommend the hotel as a great fun place to stay in Jamaica.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chantelle_and_Owen

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We are delighted to have had the chance to host you. We, at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, are all too aware that there are a myriad of other All-Inclusive hotels that you could have visited. The fact that you chose our hotel means we have a responsibility to ensure that we exceed your expectations. It is therefore very motivating to learn that the quality of our rooms and amenities had met your needs.

Please also accept our apology for not being able to fully meet your standards as it pertained to our food. It is unfortunate that you did not speak with us before you checked out in order for us to try to rectify the issues so that you could have left being totally satisfied. We assure you that we will take a closer look at the quality of our cuisine with a view to making improvements.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Absolutely Awesome. We've been doing all inclusives for the last 9 years and this was the BEST! We've been to the Palace Resorts in Cancun/Playa; the Royal Resorts in Cancun/Playa and Excellence Resort in Punta Cana for comparison. The Grand was exceptionally clean and the beach and pools were also exquisitely maintained. All the food from the Breakfast Buffet to the 4 different restaurants to the Outside/Lunch Buffet and Beach Lunches were definitely 5 Star!

The entire staff at the Grand was very friendly and helpful. In our opinion, the staff was a huge part of what made this the best! They all worked as a Team; were extremely accomodating and entertaining.

The STAR FRIENDS made it a point to not only stop and talk each day, but to remember your names. Jeffery, the supervisor in the Surf & Turf was exceptionally helpful while Ned and other staff in the Buffet were also great. One of the Resort Supervisors, Carmen, was very friendly and helped changed some arrangements that even the Concierge could not do.

The Pool Bar Staff...PHENOMINAL!!!! Morris, Kerry, De-Wayne, Camrae (C-Ray), Sentilman (Chichiman), Odean, Nordia and the rest of the staff were the best! Make sure to be at the Pool Bar at least one time to seek Kerry set up his "Sex on the Beach Shot Show" (you can get a preview if you look up "Iberostar Kerry Shots" on Youtube. Ladies...if your not the type to "hang at the pool bar" and need to make sure the guys leave the pool bar on time, just tell Nordia and she will make sure to tell them "it's time to go get ready for dinner"...it's up to them to leave.

The beach was very clean and you can walk about 1/2 mile to the east and back for your morning walk. The guys selling trinkets (and other stuff) off their kayaks and surfboards are only allowed until 9AM. They are also very friendly and respectful. The will ask you each day to buy things, but as soon as you tell them you are not interested, they will respect you.

We used Reggae Tours for our private transfer to the Grand and it was a very good experience. Might want to make sure you get a beer from the Airport Bar before you leave if you want one...very expensive though...but what the heck...We're on VACATION!

Room Tip: We selected the lowest level room which did not have a water view. It was exactly the same as frien...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Johnnlorrie

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. Your glowing recommendation of our staff, beach and food will also serve other travelers who might be thinking of visiting. We noted that you even made the effort to remember the names of those guests who left a positive impression on you. We look forward to serving you again and hope that you will be visiting sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!