“BEST HOTEL OUT OF ENGLAND WHERE I HAVE BEEN”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 28, 2013

first time in my life where i found entarie all included for real. i have not to pay extra for anything, its a nice hotel full of nice people, the food is fantastic the beach its not the best of jamiaca but its nice and comfortable, and its the best thing that you have font tot room service pay anything included! kobe hambuerger amazing! margarita pizza so great! you have restaurant italina, french, surf and turf, japanise, etc. etc. the butler consierge or they gonna the book for you every day you can eat on the beach, or where you want!! 1 its all drinks included in the pool, the ice cream cart also yhe pool its nice if you want to rest its quitely fine if you want have fun and play volleyball in teh basketbaal swim or its too fine!! amazinf hotel with a perpetual amazing people on the face smile ... ask for the consierge ava its great! also its a wonderful man barrinton! the director alba just a english girl its cool! everyday they put a scent cinamon candel everyday with a room in the put your sheets sheets by other day and by night ... its just amazing! a delight for the sens! so enjoy your stay at paradise!!

Room Tip: all are junior suites so the diferents its ocean view or not... not a big deal...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alberto p
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. Your positive comments regarding our food, entertainment package, staff and rooms will serve as encouragement to our team. We at the Iberostar take great pride in providing the very best in service and amenities, so comments like yours serve as our reward. It is hoped that you will choose to return and not hesitate to book our hotel in the future

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (6,818)

greetings

I love solo travel, and seek luxury, serenity, quality surroundings and food, and a great beach. This short stay of 4 nights was the perfect getaway for me to relax and rejuvenate.

I got an oceanfront suite which was completely worth it. I told them I wanted a serene stay and they put me in building 6 on a high floor. I woke up to an amazing view and I really thought I was in heaven in that moment and for my time there.

The sound of montego bay waves is relaxing. I was looking around to see if anyone recorded a clean audio version of it but couldn't find one, ah well.

Beach - as the bay is protected by reef it has relatively calm waters. It is shallow for the most part, which is great for me as I prefer wading and floating. There are some rocks and seaweed, but heh, this is a beach so I didn't have an issue with that. The centre part of the beach is relatively free of rocks, as they conduct aerobics classes in the water. The area is not known for miles-long stretches of beach, but you can still walk the beach if you so desire. The beach is somewhat narrow - which is good in that it makes it that much closer to your hotel view, but it also means there is less sand area to play with. However, there is enough room to hold weddings and beach parties.

Service and food - excellent. I used both butler and room service a lot and the service and food was of high quality. Very pampering. A special thank you to Sherine and to Alicia, although everyone was very service-oriented. I was chatting with a chef (Alicia) about Jamaican food specialties and she offered to cook me something I was curious about (stir-fried conch) - and it was delicious. I enjoy fresh, quality food. There was a good buffet selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurants were also quite impressive as well. Great exotic fruit selection and seafood selections. I think everyone can find something they can eat here. Although I'm not a strict raw vegan or vegetarian, I have dabbled in these types of lifestyles and you can likely get by here on these strict diets - the staff and chefs can be quite accommodating.

Good Internet connection in the room through ethernet cable so I could still keep in touch with the outside world. There was free wifi in lobby.

Check in and check out was easy.

Everything was easy there, mon.

I have gone to Cuba and a couple of times to Mexico, and this was my first time to Jamaica. There are merits to the other places I have visited, but Jamaica really impressed me. I'll be coming back to Jamaica to explore further.

PS water is bottled purified tab water with minerals added. Spring water not available. I wouldn't fault the resort as spring water can be difficult to come by in Jamaica.

Room Tip: ocean front was gorgeous - narrow beach means you feel you are a stone's throw from the water...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Angela C
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. So often we are deemed great for couples and business travelers, but your review highlights the fact that we also do cater to persons who travel alone. We are encouraged to hear that you enjoyed our service, food, beach, convenient wi-fi access and ambiance. We look forward to your next visit and hope to exceed your expectations even more

Reviewed January 27, 2013

What else can I say but FANTABULOUS!!!! This resort is beautiful. The service was outstanding, the staff were friendly and very helpful. Our butler, Davian, left us wanting for nothing. The entertainment staff was also wonderful. They were all friendly, funny and very entertaining. Crazi, Bubbles, Shortcake, Kiki, Diva, Mr Fresh, Mr Neat and G Money were the best.
The bar staff were all fantastic as well. I hope I haven't left anyone out.
My husband and I are going back for sure. It is worth every penny and then some.
You could do nothing but relax all day or you could choose from plenty of activities to keep you busy.
Overall, our trip was amazing and we did not want to leave. We always look forward to coming home, but not this time. We will be back next year and cannot wait to see everyone again.
If you are going to Jamaica, you have to stay here!!!
Carl & Karen Brown from Toronto, Canada

1  Thank Karen B

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are enthused to hear you speak so highly of our staff as being among the highlights of your trip. Since we aim to ensure that our guests are totally satisfied, it was motivating to learn that we had done just that. It would be our pleasure to host you again, so we invite you to return soon and ask that you think of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your vacation, “home away from home”.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The best resort we've experienced in Jamaica! From the moment we arrived the service was outstanding. Anything we needed, no problem. The room service was fast and great tasting. The room was beautiful, comfortable, and clean. The bathroom was wonderful with the soaking tub and huge shower. If you pick up the phone and ask for it, they will make sure it happens. We loved the DVD deliveries on those lazy afternoons and the grounds were beautiful. When you arrive and they hand you that cold drink and cold washcloth, you begin to understand the luxury of this place. The trip seems expensive when booking, but once you are there you truly understand why. This is a great example of getting what you pay for. It will be hard for us to vacation and not compare future trips to this experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mrs o

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are grateful that you chose to take the time to recommend our property to other travelers. Your review highlights the friendly and professional service which we offer all our guests. We appreciate that you also mentioned that our property offers the discerning traveler, value for money as we really make the effort to go the extra mile. It would be a pleasure to host you again soon, so we ask that you not hesitate in booking the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for your next vacation.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This resort is beautiful. Right from the the trip to the resort, we had a van for the 6 of us, to the reception when we arrived. Cold hand towels, mimosas and Barrington at the front desk to check us in. We were upgraded to ocean view without asking :) The people, Krazy, Bubbles, Shortcake, Jerry and Kerry were amazing. Our Butler Davian was spectacular, he couldn't do enough for us. The food and drinks were wonderful and plentiful. The rooms are big and beautiful. I can't say enough about our treatment and this resort. We all would go back in in instant. We were very sad to leave.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. It was especially inspiring to hear that our warm welcome, staff and rooms had met your high expectations. We look forward to hosting you again and ask that you not hesitate to return in the near future

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We flew into Montego Bay on January 17 for a week long stay at the Grand Rose Hall by Iberostar and wow did they deliver! We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by two bellman who took care of our bags and provided us with a cool towel, a great touch after being up as long as we had been. We were then given a mimosa to start the trip off right.

The check in process was quick and painless. We were asked if we were celebrating anything special, I assume to ensure that if we were we would be taken care of. We were given a quick briefing of the hotel by the bell man and off to our room 6313. The rooms are great to say the least. You walk into a hallway with the bathroom on one side through double doors and a wall of closets on the other with bar fridge and safe.

The room is a great size with a king size bed, large dresser, flat screen tv, a chaise lounger and desk. The balcony offers a large Rutan swing and couch with a view of the pool and ocean.

Once settled in our butler Reneish introduced himself and let us know of the services available to us, including personalizing the bar fridge, pillow menu, and ironing and shoe shine services. Our other butler Marlon introduced himself when he came on to his shift. Both are exceptional at their jobs and great guys, you made our stay that much more enjoyable. Thanks again guys!

Everything about the resort is amazing. All of the staff, from the cleaning staff to the management are genuinely kind and caring, always smiling and offering their services to ensure you have a great time.

We ate at all the a la carte restaurants and really enjoyed them all. The quality of food is amazing and the service impeccable. Our favourite was the Gourmet, awesome food to be had there but couldnt complain about any of the restaurants.

The "Star Friends", the resorts entertainment staff are a lot of fun and SO FULL OF ENERGY! From "Short Cake" to "Krazie" to "Diva" to all of them, you couldnt ask for a better group to make your day and evening fun! These folks bring you the activities around the pool and beach, partake in the evening shows in theatre, and just have a great time interacting with the hotel patrons. They realize that if you are to relax they leave you alone, if you want to participate they do their best to get you up and involved. Thanks guys and girls for the great week.

The bar staff are more than drink makers, they are story tellers, entertainers, and a great source of information about the resort and their country. Andreas in the lobby bar with "Step-son" are a lot of fun, they make great drinks, and anticipate your needs. Morris and the boys at the swim up bar are great and go out of their way as well for you to have fun. The domino shots we did more than once with a bunch of others was a lot of fun and made a few folks special days even more special.

Over all this resort is amazing, I would highly recommend it to anyone you wants to be pampered and have a great experience. We have traveled to Cuba, Dominican Republic twice, and Mexico, at 4 to 4.5 Star hotels and they fail to compare to Grand Rose Hall. It will be hard to travel anywhere else without this level of service and attention to detail. In fact we are working on returning next year we enjoyed it so much, we have never even contemplated doing that anywhere else we have traveled.

We found out that they never fully book the Grand to capacity to ensure they provide the level of service they wish to provide. The will be fully booked but never to capacity, a very nice touch. You never have trouble finding a place on the beach or the pool which is awesome.

Thank you to all the staff and cant wait to see you all soon, we miss you and Jamaica!

Room Tip: 6313 isnt ocean front but it has a great view of the pool area and the ocean, I dont think there is...
5  Thank Roland S

Dear guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to have been able to contribute to your enjoyable stay. Your warm compliments of our rooms, restaurants, star friends and butlers were also encouraging to our team. We look forward to being able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was our second Trip to Jamaica, but by far the best Resort we have been to in all of trips.
The people are awesome, the service we received was also the best we have ever had. Reneish, & Marland (best butlers) , Short Cake, bubbles & Crazy (best activities) kept you busy with all the activities or just chatted with you if you chose to just chill one day.
Andre at the lobby bar would sing to us or always has a good joke.
All the employees always had a huge smile on their faces. They went out of their way to make sure you had everything you could ever need or want.
We went to all the restaurants & most of the shows & again it was the best ever.
The rooms are clean & very updated.
The activities were all fun.
I just can't say enough about how great our stay was.
This is the type of place you can go just chill or stay very busy will all the activities. They treat you with the up most respect of your preferences.
My friend had tasted several of the types of Wines they served, they were all fantastic.
I've been to some resorts that you can't get a face cloth or they didn't keep the room stocked. This is NOT one of those places. They also keep sun screen for you at the pool if you run out. There are to many of the little things that they do for you to even list.
We are already looking at our next trip.

I'm sure your stay will be as awesome as ours. Everyone we talked to & partied with all had the same thing to say while we were there.

Mike & Robin from Alberta Canada

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Lacyladie3
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are honored to be able to host you on your second visit to the island. Your positive words are a testament to the hard work of our staff in ensuring that all the needs of our guests are met. You have also made mention of our attention to details, which we believe is important for the total satisfaction of all our guests. Please be assured that we look forward to hosting you again and exceeding your expectations even further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!