“So sad to leave.....cannot wait to return!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Kitchener, Canada
“So sad to leave.....cannot wait to return!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

What an amazing place to vacation! This was my second time at the Grand and it was heartwarming to be greeted with recognition by many of the same wonderful staff members! The resort is absolutely beautiful, and the high level of excellent customer service is apparent from your first step into the stunning lobby.
The food is great and the drinks are plentiful, and the resort is very, very clean and well maintained - from your own room to the bathrooms at the pool area.
What stands out most to me is the wonderfully friendly and helpful resort staff. Not one person will pass you by without a warm greeting and genuine smile, from the groundskeepers, cleaning staff, wait staff, bartenders and entertainment crew.
A special thanks to so many including Sentillman, Kerry and Jerry at the pool bar, Maxwell for all the cappuccinos at the lobby bar (sorry!), and StarFriends Samantha, Diva and Lucky. You all made our return trip to the resort that much better!
Cannot wait to come back yet again!

3 Thank Dayna F
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to visit with us a second time. Your review means a lot to us as it will certainly go a far way in motivating our entire team. Your recommendation of the service of our staff, and their excellent customer service is a testament of their dedication to our guests’ total satisfaction. We are already looking forward to serving you a third (3rd) time and hope that you will not hesitate to return.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,003)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My friend and I loved this place so much last year that we came back again this year. We arrived on October 27 and were welcomed with the same smiling faces as before. Check in was quick and easy (especially with a welcome mimosa) and our ocean view room was great and had an amazing view.

I won't go into too much detail because I pretty much covered everything in my review from last year I think and nothing disappointed us this year. The shows have changed up a bit - I know the entertainment staff work hard to put on a good show. My favourite was definitely the Jamaica night (which should have been a beach party but we were rained out) - some amazing drummers and performers.

Food is good - my least favourite of the reservation restaurants is the gourmet - same as last year. Risotto at the Italian is good, steak at the Surf n Turf was great and the Japanese restaurant is fun. But the buffet is always a good choice too. Burgers are good - jerk chicken, beef, pork... all great. Even the ice cream is fantastic :)

All the staff deserve enormous thanks for going out of their way to make everyone's stay a great one. I don't think they ever stop cleaning, cooking, checking on guests, making amazing drinks and really just making sure everyone is having a great time. So thank you to Sentillman, Kerry, Jerry, Orlando, Dwayne, Kennesha, Raquel, Jodian, Jodine, Brandon, Bubbles, Short Cake and Lucky - and to everyone's name I didn't get a chance to learn!

... if only Brandon could look after that seaweed for us... :p let us know if you get into 50 shades or not :)

I just got back home last night and miss it already.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 50-block of rooms. Last year was 5112 and this year was 5324. Both rooms were same...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are grateful to hear that we had met your discerning standards a second time. Your return visit meant a lot to us as it indicates that you are pleased with the high levels of service offered by our staff as well as our luxurious setting. We were honored by your high praises for our restaurants, cuisine, and the fact that you remembered the names of those staff members who made your trip a success. It would be a privilege to host you on your third visit and we hope that you will allow us to welcome you back soon.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Amazing!!! Our stay at the Iberostar was excellent. We went the day after Storm Sandy so I was a little worried and expected the worst. But it was awesome. There was always something fun to do. The food was good, the rooms were clean, the view was wonderful, and the staff was great...especially our day and night butlers, Rushane and Reneish (they were like the icing on the cake). The adult beverages were the best...and unlimited. It was just an excellent atmosphere, everyone we came into contact with was relaxed and easy going. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Third floor... view of the pool and ocean plus great butlers..Rushane and Reneish.
2 Thank jamready3433
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your positive review with other travelers. It was a privilege for us to have had the opportunity to host you on your recent trip to Jamaica. Your kindness in rating our property highly was also greatly appreciated. It was inspiring to learn that you had an enjoyable stay, and had enjoyed the delicious cuisine, beverages and service of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and assure you that we intend to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The staff at Iberostar grand rose hall are truly 5star people. You all there are the best ever. You make guest feel like they are at home. I like the way you all are so patient with your customers. The wife and I love everything from the food to room service the pool just love everything about this place..... I would be wrong if I didn't mention some of my 5 star staff members because they beyond there duties. Because when my airport in the states were closed they made room reservation two extra days. But my stars are Keisha, Mackenie, Natalie, Katrina and Theresa all from the front desk. And my mvp performer is none the less is KENVILLE......He truly made my birthday experience the best and to top it off we had just came fron Dunn river's fall and the boose cruise so we were tired is ever and somehow he hook up with housekeeping and had a bathe drown and my wife cried of joy and said sweety you done this for me and I told a boo boo and said yes honey all for you.....So you know the rest of my trip was excellent.....You all are the Best..........My wife and I made this my birthday trip every year so I will see my family next October.... Love the Lewis's

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are thrilled to have been given the honor of hosting you whilst on your vacation in Jamaica. But even more important to us, is to have the opportunity of sharing in the special milestones of our guests. To this end, we are ecstatic to hear that your wife had a memorable birthday. Our Management and staff feel rewarded by reviews such as yours, as it makes us feel that we successfully provided a relaxing ambience as well as providing special memories. We look forward to your return and assure you that we intend to make your next trip even more enjoyable.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The staff was wonderful especially our butlers Reneisha and Rushune they made my vacation one that I will never forget.....they took care of everything for us they exceeded their job responsibilities they went over and beyond for us....the treatment we received was priceless...they will always be friends of ours..our next visit we will request the two of them again they are such a powerful team...!!!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

2 Thank Tracystover63
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your invaluable feedback on our services. It was kind of you to think of us on your return home. Your generous recommendation of our property means a lot to us, as it reflects the care and attention that give to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return and home that you will continue to think of our hotel, as your Jamaican “home away from home.”

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place was amazing. A group of us where there for about a week and enjoyed every minute of it. There is so much to do here and the staff is amazing. The location and views were incredible and the food and drinks were excellent. There was always something to do and the staff there was friendly and amazing.

Lucky, G-money, Fresh, Bubbles, Kiki, and Shortcake were always coming up with something to keep us entertained and having fun during the day and in the evening at the piano bar. The staff was a large part as to why our experience was so amazing and deserve the praise. We also enjoyed hanging out at the pool bar with the best bartender ever, ONeal. Our concierge Rasheem was very friendly and very helpful. There is plenty of things to do at the resort and if there isn't enough for you, there are several activities to do off the resort as well.

The restaurants at the resort were excellent. Our favorite was the Japanese restaurant with Jason as our chef. He kept us entertained and well fed throughout the meal. The other restaurants were also equally delicious.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking to get away and relax in a little slice of paradise.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend getting an Oceanview suite.
3 Thank Vatraveler22407
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. Your recommendation of our staff, property, location, restaurant and bar service will also go a far way in motivating our team. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall takes great pride in treating our guests to a flawless vacation experience, so your review was most rewarding. We look forward to your return and trust that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Merrimack, New Hampshire, USA
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had the most wonderful stay at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall with incredible professionalism and wonderful hospitality shown to us by each and every staff member that we had the pleasure of meeting at Iberostar Grand. What a fantastic team! Even with a stressful situation outside (Hurricane Sandy!!), all the staff remained upbeat greeting all guests with their wonderfully warm smiles. We were also so impressed by the property itself which is stunning and so meticulously kept. Our oceanfront suite was AH - MAZING!! Very classy, elegant, spacious - and I especially loved the pillow menu along with free internet connection in our suite! The balcony was huge...loved the view from our 2-person swing! It was a perfect place to have our room service breakfast in the morning or spend a romantic evening looking at the beautiful Jamaica sunset! We are owners of a travel agency and are thrilled to book our clients at Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica. We know they will love it as much as we did. Thank you again for your warm hospitality, Iberostar Grand! You made our vacation getaway perfect and we'll definitely be back very soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

2 Thank DiscoveryTravel24
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to have been able to host you despite the challenges posed by the storm. Even more important to us, is the fact that you apparently enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding our staff, rooms and warm hospitality is also encouraging as we take great pride in offering our guests first-class accommodation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!