“Fantastic Wedding and Honeymoon Stay!!!!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic Wedding and Honeymoon Stay!!!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were married at Iberostar Beach Oct 17, 2012 and stayed at the Grand for our wedding and honeymoon! We had 80 guests who stayed on all 3 properties and everyone absolutely loved Iberostar! The Grand was beautiful and we were pleased with the service! Warren and Jerry took good care of us at the lobby bar and poolside bar! All of the front desk staff, wait staff, spa staff and restaurant staff were wonderful! We ate at the Italian, Surf and Turf and Japanese restaurants. All 3 were very good and the service was great! We really appreciate the bell men who gave us rides on the golf carts back and forth to the Suites and Beach! We had lots of family and friends who stayed at these properties also. We had our wedding at Beach so that our guests would not have to pay for day passes to attend our wedding. I do wish this policy was different. The Beach handled everything in a WONDERFUL manner and Kimoya was an AMAZING wedding coordinator! We were extremely pleased with our special day! The food at the Grand, Suites and Beach was absolutely wonderful! I was glad to have a chance to experience all three properties. All of my guests had a great time! After everyone left we enjoyed our honeymoon and the staff at the Grand were wonderful! It is a very relaxing resort and we loved our oceanfront room! The balcony was a big hit for my husband! Our view was amazing! We will definately be returning for our anniversary and future trips!

Room Tip: We stayed in oceanfront room 6215 and it was absolutely amazing!
4 Thank BennySophie
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. Your generous recommendation of the Iberostar’s three (3) properties in Rose hall, Jamaica are greatly appreciated. As your hosts at the Iberostar Grand, we would like to express our sincere thanks for choosing the Hotel for your wedding and honeymoon. It was a pleasure to hear that your wedding was handled in a professional manner and that you were greatly satisfied. We look forward to hosting you in the future and would especially be honored if we could share in the joy of your 1st Wedding Anniversary

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,966)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Joy30Joy30
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I enjoyed my stay for one reason and one reason only, the staff. The view is great, the rooms are nicely furnished but its the people who put on the shows, serve the food and who greet you each day who are so pleasant and wonderful. Diva is the best. I enjoyed doing Zumba with her by the pool. Barrington and Dexter at the front desk are the best and worked really quickly to find me the room I had book via Expedia.

I do think the hotel has seen its share of wear and tear and is need of some TLC. I also think some things were just odd. I ordered room service twice and each time, I did not receive salt, pepper or things like catsup. Those things are simply standard. I feel like some minor details are often missed but...who cares.

The disco, the variety food, the pool, the nightly shows, the beach party and the amenities are all top notch. The spa was WONDERFUL and my hot stone massage was something I could have done each day. I loved it. I plan on returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Joy30Joy30
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. Your recommendation of our rooms, food, property views, and staff were very motivating to our team. We apologize for the inconsistencies that you described with Room Service and we will certainly be looking into improving on our service consistency. As usual, reviews such as yours assist us in making improvements and go a far way in making the necessary changes in our service. We look forward to welcoming you back and as such, hope that you will not hesitate in visiting us again soon.

Newport, Michigan, USA
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Short and simple, we went here last year and again this October. By far the best all inclusive resort we have ever been to. Food and service are top notch, even when hurricane sandy came thru, they still catered to our every need! 2nd trip as good as the first, will be back again next year!!!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest:

Thank you for recommending our property to other travelers on this website. We are grateful for the comments of our special Repeat Guests, as reviews like yours assist us in evaluating our service and making improvements. Whilst we aim for your total satisfaction, it is still rewarding to be able to hear first-hand, how you rated our service and property in general. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust you will return soon.

Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I just got back from Ibersostar Grand Rose Hall on Tuesday 10/23/12. We loved this place, from the amazing resort views, beautiful beaches, amazing and delicious restaurants and generous poured drinks. Jerry, Kerry, Sentilmen and O'Neil at the pool bar are friendly and always willing to make you fun drinks, like Jerry's special or Jamaica smile. Dunsten and Rinchon were good butlers, some of the other butlers we never saw and service was not great. The staff and star friends are nice and always willing and up for a friendly conversation. We tipped everyone, some seemed to appreciate more than others. My only issue was room service is very slow so I refused to order and let my husband deal with the long waits after our nights out around 1-2 am, no biggie for me though. One of our honeymoon mishaps was when my husband lost his wedding band while playing water volley ball. All the guests playing volleyball with him searched the pool with scuba gear and just their eye sight helping us look for his ring, unfortunatley, we didn't get it until 2 days later when Dwayne came up to us at the lunch buffet overlooking the ocean with his ring! He had found it in the dirt near the bushes, so awesome, hands up to Dwayne, we are so thankful! The guests and other honeymooners were all so nice and we always had fun couples to hang out with for drinks in the lobby bar late at night. I loved that their were no children there being that I work with kids all week it was a really nice break. All the restaurants were delicious, even the Italian, which is a hard sell for me being that we are both 100% Italian, the display and quality of food was grade A. The japanese restaurant was a favorite, delicious, plentiful and entertaining. We ended up at the japanese in the beginning and end of our trip and borth times met fun couples (Hi Pete, Liz, Melissa & Bob !) The breakfast buffet is awesome, they make great omelettes! I ate lobster everyday for lunch and dinner. Thursday nights beach party was so much fun, the man power in to bringing us a fun pirate night was amazing. BBQ lunch on the beach is good too, one day they made paella in a huge wok in front of you loaded with fresh seafood! The lunch buffet had it's good days and average days. Our room was clean, comfy and spacious, but we did find the AC to be kinda lacking & humid, not a huge issue because we didn't stay in our room much. The pool is nice, warm and clean, the swim up bar is amazing as are the beaches and ocean, absolutely gorgeous. One interesting part of our trip was the adult website conference that was visiting, this definitley gave us all something to talk about as the members pranced around the resort making their presence known, weird! We had a great honeymoon and loved the Iberostar and see why so many people we met have been there many times, we hope to go back really soon!

Room Tip: Top floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa C
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. It was a pleasure to have been able to serve you on the occasion of your honeymoon. Your generous recommendation of our staff, bar service, restaurants, and quality of our food. We are ecstatic about the prospect of your return, and hope that you will be returning in the near future. It would be our pleasure to host you again soon.

Orange Park, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My mother and I recently returned from Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica and let me tell you that I've never had a better vacation!

We were celebrating Mom's belated 60th birthday and the staff was amazing starting from the moment we got there. My first piece of advice is to take a cab from the airport cus the shuttle is a terrible wait. Upon arriving Peter at the door helped us with our bags and greeted us with a cool wash rag, while we were checking in we received our welcome drink which was quite refreshing. We asked to be moved to a higher floor so we would have a better view and they were very willing to accomodate us. We went and ate while they made the arrangements. We were in 6332 and the view was beautiful. The balcony is huge, I even took a nap in the swing one day.

Reneish our daytime butler was amazing!! He was very helpful in scheduling our dinner reservations for the week. Even showed us how to make coffee the Jamaican way and special ordered us some condensed milk, trust me it's delicious. He arranged my mothers birthday surprise of a bubble bath with rose petals that spelled out happy b-day. The evening butler Ryan was the one who prepared it for her. Reneish came and checked on us to see how it went and discovered that it wasn't done to the full effect so when we came back to the room that afternoon there was a banner, champagne, cake, and balloons. My mother was in tears she was so happy!

The star friends made our trip a wonderful one. The staff here is just amazing! Our wait staff Kamar and Sameika (probably spelled wrong) were great!! They were always so friendly and helped us with anything we needed. Garth at the gourmet restaurant had wonderful service, I recommend the lamb it was delicious. Kerry at the pool bar introduced me to what he calls a Kerry Special the frozen kind and mom and I were hooked. The pool bar will get you tipsy though if not careful between Kerry and O'neil the drinks are never ending and just seem to magically refill themselves.

Sammy was definitely mom's favorite star friend she always managed to find her whenever I went off to do my own thing and kept her company. Brandon "Mr. Fresh" was always entertaining and I enjoyed his aqua aerobics and his wonderful dancing skills. Diva kept us company at the beach party dinner. I loved the fact that they were all very real people and wholesome it made me feel right at home. The kindness you get at this resort is very genuine and I've never experienced anything quite like it.

As far as the shows I've read some reviews about them not being a very high quality and I can agree to an extent. I've done theatre all through high school so I can be a little more critical however I also understand the amount of work that goes into a production and this staff performs an average of three different shows a night 6 days a week and taking that into consideration they are AMAZING!! I wasn't a big fan of the Chicago show but that is only because I didn't care for the lip singing but they had great dancing. My favorite shows were definitely Jamaican Roots, Reggae Night, and the Pirate show at the beach party. You can really tell that the entertainment staff enjoy what they do.

Overall if you are debating whether you should spend the money to go here I say definitely do it!! It's worth every penny and I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Definitely go higher up!! Better views and if you can get one over looking the pool it's breath...
4 Thank Amber T
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are grateful to have earned your high praises. Your mention of our service, entertainment options and Butler service will also serve to inform prospective travelers And we wish to convey our appreciation to you. We aim to ensure that you enjoy a flawless and relaxing vacation experience, and from your review, it is obvious that we have succeeded at doing just that. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay for any occasion. The entire staff is excellent and they are aimed to please. From the time you get off the bus you are caterd to and the 24hr butler service is amazing. I reccomend going to the theater every night and the disco is a must. This was the best vacation excperience I have ever had. Truely AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank mocha1269

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed October 25, 2012

They really put so much effort into making their guests welcome and happy. Starting with the staff at check in and a welcome mimosa, to our own butler "Randy" who helped us make reservations for dinner and spa, to "Lucky" who organized a daily volleyball game, to "Bubbles" who led yoga and greeted us every morning after by name. I am sorry I can not remember all the names of the other staff but each and every one of them were lovely and focused on our needs and helping us have a good time!
The food is good but not over the top. Perhaps a little better than what you might expect at an all inclusive. Highlights were the breakfast buffet (truly impressive!) and the Italian restaurant
We truly enjoyed our girls weekend. I would return for more!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review of our property. We are honored to have been your hosts on your recent visit to the island. Your high praises for various staff, who assisted in making your vacation the success it so obviously was, is also greatly appreciated. Please be assured that your positive feedback will go a far way in motivating our team. Please come back again soon, as it would our pleasure to welcome you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!