“Amazing”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay for any occasion. The entire staff is excellent and they are aimed to please. From the time you get off the bus you are caterd to and the 24hr butler service is amazing. I reccomend going to the theater every night and the disco is a must. This was the best vacation excperience I have ever had. Truely AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank mocha1269
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are grateful to have earned your high praises. Your mention of our service, entertainment options and Butler service will also serve to inform prospective travelers And we wish to convey our appreciation to you. We aim to ensure that you enjoy a flawless and relaxing vacation experience, and from your review, it is obvious that we have succeeded at doing just that. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Reviewed October 25, 2012

They really put so much effort into making their guests welcome and happy. Starting with the staff at check in and a welcome mimosa, to our own butler "Randy" who helped us make reservations for dinner and spa, to "Lucky" who organized a daily volleyball game, to "Bubbles" who led yoga and greeted us every morning after by name. I am sorry I can not remember all the names of the other staff but each and every one of them were lovely and focused on our needs and helping us have a good time!
The food is good but not over the top. Perhaps a little better than what you might expect at an all inclusive. Highlights were the breakfast buffet (truly impressive!) and the Italian restaurant
We truly enjoyed our girls weekend. I would return for more!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your delightful review of our property. We are honored to have been your hosts on your recent visit to the island. Your high praises for various staff, who assisted in making your vacation the success it so obviously was, is also greatly appreciated. Please be assured that your positive feedback will go a far way in motivating our team. Please come back again soon, as it would our pleasure to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My title is tongue in cheek but the resort WAS hosting an adult website annual conference. This group provided countless poolside hours of very interesting people watching. The younger non-conference attendees bonded quickly as we all traded observations and laughs. We are definitely not prudes but I think some of the older clientele were a little put off by the pool and beach shenanigans.
As for the resort.......service is heralded as their number one feature but falls a little short as a rule. The butler is a marketing tool that reads well in brochures but not a service reality. Save your tip money for those that will genuinely provide consistent and outstanding service during your stay. (thanks to Jerry and Keneesha at the poolside bar and Sasha Gay at the Italian restaurant) I hope management reads this and appreciates your importance as Ambassadors for Iberostar. You were the difference between a possible return trip and a one time stay.
Lobby bar staff was VERY inconsistent and service was slow. A pre-dinner cocktail is best served at the bar rather than waiting on a server for table service.
We did receive massages at the Spa and the service was quite good. The only comment here would be the quality of the equipment (massage tables-old and in need of updating).
As for the restaurants - Japanese was our favorite! Hibachi style steak and lobster with a really entertaining chef. Lots of laughs and great food and company. (thanks Dave and Melissa)
Surf and Turf and Italian were very average and the ambiance and food quality were on a par with a US chain restaurant. (ie, Longhorn etc...) Put it this way......If these restaurants were in our neighborhood, we would not be on a first name basis with their bartenders.
Overall, this is a very nice resort and we may return someday. However, the overwhelming reviews I have read are a little suspicious. I would prefer to read thoughtful, honest reviews rather than a plethora of "over the top" accolades for a Resort that can't grade above a solid "B."
I arrived home last night and send my best regards and hopes that Jamaica has weathered Hurricane Sandy well. Cheers!!

Room Tip: Request that you be situated away from any large groups to avoid noise issues. Bottom floor gets flo...
4  Thank Robert P

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our property on this website. Your review of our resort, bar, restaurants, and staff in general will also go a far way in guiding us as to what areas we need to pay special emphasis on, in seeking to improve our service. We regret that your stay was below par, and will certainly bear your comments in mind. Your special mention of those staff who made your trip a memorable one was also greatly appreciated.

Please be assured that we look forward to hosting you again in the near future and will endeavor to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just got back from our stay at the Grand Rose Hall. We had previously stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The Ritz is starting to age and was not getting the reviews it once had. I had read some unbelievable glowing reviews of Grand Rose Hall. I am pretty sure after reading the reviews and visiting the resort that they have professional writers doing reviews. I don't think that my standards are so high that no one else is seeing the same things. Let me start with the facilities. The property is very pretty. We were in an ocean front room. It was very nice and quiet. We were given a run down of the room and it's features from the "butler".We never receive the "pillow menu", but our pillows were fine. We never saw him again. The first night I had booked a private dinner on the beach as a surprise for my husband. We had no idea where to go. We asked our butler and he said to just walk out towards the beach and we will see where they have it set up. Really? I went and asked the front desk where to go. They informed me that the butler was suppose to escort us down there at the appropriate time. I honestly can't say I really needed the non existing butler feature but Iberostar would be smart just not selling that feature. That leads me to the service. At times the service was outstanding. We tipped everyone that we received good service from. In fact, we never receive bad service in any of the restaurants or by the pool. The staff those areas went out of their way to take care of the guests. The service in the lobby bar was pretty spotty. Funny enough we noticed that when Iberostar management from Spain showed up the last night, servers were tripping over themselves to wait on customers.

The food was good. There was often a strange assortment of foods on the lunch buffets. You can also see that on the room service menus which were pretty sparse. We ate in the surf and turf, Italian and the Japanese restaurants. The surf and turf was mediocre. The Italian was a better. The Japanese was by far the best. The food quality was really good. One thing that was really frustrating across the board was that the wine was not consistent, EVER! Fruity frozen drinks are great poolside, but at night we would have preferred to be able to get wine. I realize we are in Jamaica, they import all the wine. I knew going in that they weren't going to have great wines to drink. I am perfectly happy drinking some of the inexpensive Spanish wines they had listed. At least they should have the wines they have on their list. It was hard to have a wine you liked more than once.

In the end I may sound like I am being a little picky. Just remember this is suppose to be a five star hotel. The difference between a four star and a five star IS the details. We did have a great time. There was a lot of laughs with bartenders and other guests. I just wanted to be very clear with fellow travelers to let you know what you can expect.

Room Tip: Ocean front is worth it.
15  Thank vinmelissa

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. Please be assured that we do not hire writers to write reviews for our hotel. Reviews are all made by guests who have stayed at the hotel in the past, and at times even whilst still in-house. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding your private dinner, and pillow menu. We also regret the impression you received concerning inconsistent service and our stock of wines. It would be a privilege to host you again, especially to dispel the negative impression that you have of our property. The incidents you have specified are not the norm and not typical of our usual service standards. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at Iberostar. This resort was fantastic. From the decor, the beach location, the cleanliness, the food and the people everything was top notch! The staff was very friendly and a lot of fun. The food was amazing from the appetizers all the way to desserts! The grand is perfect for honeymooners that are looking to relax and not have kids around! The swim up bar was awesome. There was nothing bad about this resort. We would stay here again in a heart beat.

1  Thank Emily M

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We were thrilled to have been chosen as your hosts on your recent trip to Jamaica. Your special mention of our décor, beach, cleanliness, food and service of our staff was also duly noted. No doubt, our team will be inspired by your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been here before but my last visit was a mess, the room and place was great but the front desk manager and mackeni was sooooooooooooo rude...

I met mackeni at the front desk and she didnt even say welcome i said hello and she had this s.i.l.l.y look on her face, i asked a question and she was standing there looking like she dont know english. i asked to speak to a manager and a girl by the name of natalie came out and then it only got worst because she was acting like i was the person who was wrong.

A far as i can see its like the standard is getting lower each year. anyways the food was great, my room was awesome thanks to a young guy that was on the desk ( i think his name was dwane or dane) sorry for the error.

My butler was good to me and my wife, i would come back but the front desk did p.i.s.s me off..

you guys have a wonderful hotel apart from some of the workers...

Room Tip: high rooms are better....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Austin N

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Management Team have always been at the disposal of our guests, should there be an issue, whilst staying with us. As mentioned, you requested to speak to the Front Office Manager, who immediately went to speak with you. From your review, it would appear that you felt that your needs were addressed in an insensitive manner. Whilst we apologize for the negative impression you have of our Front Office staff, please be assured however, that the persons you interacted with meant no ill-will towards you. Unfortunately, the fulfilling of additional rooming requests you may have are dependent on occupancy as well as other factors beyond our control. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall tries to be very flexible to our guests’ requests, but of course this is done within good reason and our ability to fulfill your requests. For future visits we invite you to email pr.grandrh@iberostar.com.jm so we can have dialogue regarding any special requests you may have, prior to your visit.

Your kind words regarding the personalized service of your butler is encouraging, as it makes us feel that we were able to meet your expectation to some extent. We aim to exceed your overall expectations, and to this end, hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first time in Jamaica and i have to say i think Jamaica is amazing the hotel was fantastic beautiful setting on the beach,very clean, friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you and the food was first class. Can't wait to go back.

4  Thank willcpalmer
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are ecstatic to hear that you were satisfied with your recent vacation at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Your comments concerning our beach, friendly staff, and food will also serve to motivate our Management Team and staff alike. We look forward to seeing you again soon and trust that you will think of our property when next you are planning future vacations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 64 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!