“Most Amazing Trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tyler, Texas
“Most Amazing Trip”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were there from Sept. 23-30, 2012. We went to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The minutre we walked in they greated us with a wet towel to wash off and a delicious drink. There was fine dining. I think I had lobster with every meal. I was so delicious. We enjoyed all the resteraunts and the fun deserts that were presented. The Grand is all inclusive so it was so nice to finish a meal and thank & tip your waiter/waitress and walk off. There were shows everynight. They were very professional and well done. One of the dancers even asked me to dance after one of the shows. It was pretty fun. Our butler Kevin was always there to make sure we were well taken care of and our reservations were made at whatever resteraunt we wanted to eat at. He also made us a rose petal bubble bath with wine and chocolate for our anniversary, then another for my birthday, and the night before we left we had a romantic dinner right on the beach alone with our our personal waitress. When we got back to our room he'd made us another bath to thank us for coming and to bless us our last night. He even called us on his one day off to make sure his sub was taking care of us. We were so impressed. If you can ask for Kevin, I would. We have his personal number and email to let him know when we are coming back so he can once again be our butler. Love it!!! There were so many other staff members that really made our trip. It really makes them happy to serve you. Kenesha, Syneka, Bubble, Diva were some that really waited on us and entertained us. G-Money was a fun guy to be around. He hangs out by the pool making sure you're taken care of then he MC's the shows at night. Dave Jr. brought us fruit kabobs on the beach and then 2 days later was making omlets and remembered meeting me on the beach. It was amazing how they would remember you. Some of them even remembered specifically what you ordered. I wish I could remember the names of all those who made our week so wonderful. They truely blessed us. It was very hard to leave.
The hotel also has katamarans, kayakes, snorkling, scuba diving there was a lot to do right on the property. Also, it's next to the Suites and one other hotel they also own and the Grand members have access to all three properties.
I can go on and on about how wonderful our week was. I'm so thankful my husband picked this one. It was a perfect 20th anniversary. I highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: Tipping is not required, but they are totally worth it. We decided to tip. Also, make you resteraunt...
4 Thank Snickerslynn
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your heartwarming review. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service of our staff in general, the many entertainment options and activities as well as, the butler service. We look forward to the chance of hosting you again and hope that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,964)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Bang for your buck!! My husband and I travelled to Iberostar Grand, Montego Bay for our Honeymoon. It was our first all inclusive vacation, and we LOVED IT! I'd have to say the best part of our trip was the fact that the resort was not very busy. It was during their off season, so we had peace and quiet. The Star Friends were awesome. They always made sure we were having a good time. The Surf & Turf restaurant was by far the best place we ate during our stay. We did not enjoy the Mediterranean Restaurant in the Suites. The service was poor as well as the food. I asked for medium rare grilled Tuna, and it was dry and overcooked. One of the only other negatives would have to be the mattress in our room. I literally slept in a hole. It was very bumpy and uncomfortable. Sometimes the maid service didn't get into our room to clean until fairly late. There was a few times we came back around 4:30PM to take a nap, and they were in there, so we had to go back downstairs. But other than that, the bar staff and buffet staff were awesome. Our drinks were never empty, and the selection and quality of food was very good. We highly reccomend the Iberostar Grand, and would definitely like to return in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

5 Thank RikkiPE
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciated hearing your feedback on our service, bar staff, buffet staff, food and beverage options. It was surprising to hear about your negative experience with our bed, and this is very surprising to us. We have never heard of our bed being uncomfortable. Nevertheless, it would have assisted if you had reported the issue regarding your bed as we would have been only too happy to grant you a room change. Please also accept our apology for the negative experience you had at the Mediterranean Restaurant at the Iberostar Suites as well as the late housekeeping service.

We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my first stay at any Iberostar resort and it will more than likely will not be my last. I went with my brother and his girlfriend. We chose this resort because of all the wonderful reviews we read online and they were all correct. The staff was very energetic and happy to help in any way they possibly could. there is plenty of pool and beachside seating so it never felt too crowded. The food was great, but be sure to make your reservations as soon as you arive. We were told that they could not accomodate us some of the time even though the restaurants were never > 50% filled. We did the Dunn's River Falls tour and all i can say is wow. That was quite an experience, but do not stray off the path or you will fall on your butt, just ask my brother. Excellent trip, will go again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joseph S
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your review. We are pleased to hear that we had offered you an enjoyable vacation as well as impressed you with the enthusiasm shown by our staff. It was delightful to hear that you also enjoyed the cuisine, service, pool and beach ambiance. It is hoped that you will not hesitate to return in the very near future as it would be a privilege to serve you and your family again soon.

Markham
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been travelling the Jamaica over the past 12 years and have always enjoyed the sun and most of the hotels. The Iberostar Grand I must say is the best. The feel when you arrive is opulent and the staff was very professional and organized.

I have only two issues. 1) minor - the activity staff seems to continually try to engage you even though we said we are good and they dont need to bother asking 2) We had two meals that were red meat based and they were horrible in terms of quality. The presentation was great and everything else was wonderful. So may just luck of the draw.

I would highly recommend the Grand over the other properties, especially if you prefer and environment where no kids are around.

7 Thank Travelcritic-ca
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback as to your recent vacation with us. We are excited to have earned your kind recommendation. However, it was most disappointing to learn that you were dissatisfied with the way our Entertainment Staff repeatedly tried to engage you in activities. We also apologize for the beef dishes that you described as being below par. We will certainly be looking into your complaints as we are committed to the overall satisfaction of our guests.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Vacationed at Iberostar Grand Sept. 23-28. Me, my husband, 2 daughters, and son-in-law. We chose the Grand because of adults only. I had been reading the reviews almost everyday since booking the trip in June. 99.9% of the reviews were on point. As soon as we reached the resort we were greeted with cool cloth and mimosa to follow. The ambience of this resort consumes you at check -in and gets better and better each day. I really feel that what ever I say about this resort will be not be as good as it really is. I have a bucket list and this should be on everyones bucket list! Thanks to all the staff that I encountered. Shout out to G- Money, Bubbles, Diva, Samantha,Shortcake,Kiki, Storm, Brandon (Star Friends), others I didn't mention. I don't know were these staff get their training but it is fantabulous! Jerry, Sentilman(pool bartenders), all the poolside waitresses were great. I work in customer service and this is unbelievable.
We were celebrating my husband 's 60th birthday. Our butlers Rushane and Kevin were outstanding. They set up our room with champagne, balloons, and a rose petal bath. The butlers were always available and if not only a phone call away. Thanks to our housekeepers Patricia and Karen.(excellent job). Room service was prompt. And delicious!
Restaurants, my favorite was Japanese, then Surf and Turf. Did not get to try Italian due to no availability that night. We reserved on a daily basis. Better to reserve for your whole stay when arriving. Buffets for breakfast and lunch. Dave Jr. at the omelet bar (Top Chef). I was eating lunch at the beachside buffet and who walks in....Sheryl Lee Ralph! I was soooo excited. My girls told me not to bother her. I just wanted to tell her how much I enjoyed her in the movie "The Mighty Quinn".
All of my family says we must return to an Iberostar Resort on our next vacation.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pools. Standard suite was great. Did not spend alot of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Yflem1
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are thrilled to have provided with such an exciting and memorable vacation. Your comments regarding our staff, ambience, restaurants, and service in general were also motivating to our team. We are hopeful that you and your family will also be returning soon, as it would be our honor to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Joliet, Illinois, USA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Service on every level was friendly and helpful. Clean spacious room and balcony. Hotel upgraded us to ocean view. The food at all resturants, buffets and room service was excellent. The beach was private and clean. The pool bar had great service. The waitresses walking the beach always made sure you had a drink. The Stars enetertainers were awesome. They got to know you by name. On our 2nd day we were already talking about coming back for our 1 year anniversary. We also met 3 different couples all were back a second time because of thier past experiences.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

4 Thank kcam2406
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciated that you have given high praises for our delicious food, restaurant service, room service, beach, and pool bar service. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall continues to be a favorite amongst couples as we recognize how important a hassle-free and relaxing vacation is to our guests. It was a pleasure for us to have been given the opportunity of serving you on the occasion of your one (1) year Anniversary. We hope that you will also consider returning soon in particular, on the occasion of your two (2) year Anniversary.

Marietta
Reviewed October 2, 2012

September 3 thru 9th Iberostar Grand Rose Hall is three hotels in one but the Grande is adult only side but you cango to all three hotels to eat & play. Super nice staff, great drinks, I mean top shelf , wonderful butler I had a blast. However, if you have a problem go to the regular staff management has no clue, the front desk manager is not only clueless she is a lazy thing. She talked to her staff via phone and refused to come from the back of the office to take care of any issues. The front desk staff was wonderful but you could see their frustration and heard one of them say she is always claimimh to be too busy. Good thing I understand jamaican language. When i arrived a guest had and issue and she never came out to address it. i also had an issue with a bill when I was leaving and found out she was busy that day too and never address my issue, but I went ahead and dealt with AMEX and they took care of it for me.
But in all the hotel is awesome and the food great, Don't forget to try the Turf & Surf

Room Tip: Grande is all suites with personal butler service, ocean view baclony has a godd cool breeze in the...
2 Thank alexgirlMarietta
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. You have made mention of our Front Office Manager not being seen at the Front Office to deal with your issues. We wish to point out that issues concerning reservations or rooms has to be dealt with via the Front Office Manager consulting various Departments e.g. Reservations, Housekeeping, Maintenance or Senior Management. Quite often she may even need to call Travel Agents on your behalf and wait on subsequent information for your reservation via facsimile or e-mail to pass on to the Front Office Team. Our entire Management team is committed to serving our guests and to ensure that your stay is a success. It was encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the overall service of our staff, beverage options, butler service and delicious food.

We look forward to serving you again soon and trust that our hotel will be foremost in your mind as your next vacation destination.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!