“The best we have stayed at in Jamaica”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Markham
“The best we have stayed at in Jamaica”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been travelling the Jamaica over the past 12 years and have always enjoyed the sun and most of the hotels. The Iberostar Grand I must say is the best. The feel when you arrive is opulent and the staff was very professional and organized.

I have only two issues. 1) minor - the activity staff seems to continually try to engage you even though we said we are good and they dont need to bother asking 2) We had two meals that were red meat based and they were horrible in terms of quality. The presentation was great and everything else was wonderful. So may just luck of the draw.

I would highly recommend the Grand over the other properties, especially if you prefer and environment where no kids are around.

7 Thank Travelcritic-ca
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback as to your recent vacation with us. We are excited to have earned your kind recommendation. However, it was most disappointing to learn that you were dissatisfied with the way our Entertainment Staff repeatedly tried to engage you in activities. We also apologize for the beef dishes that you described as being below par. We will certainly be looking into your complaints as we are committed to the overall satisfaction of our guests.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,966)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Vacationed at Iberostar Grand Sept. 23-28. Me, my husband, 2 daughters, and son-in-law. We chose the Grand because of adults only. I had been reading the reviews almost everyday since booking the trip in June. 99.9% of the reviews were on point. As soon as we reached the resort we were greeted with cool cloth and mimosa to follow. The ambience of this resort consumes you at check -in and gets better and better each day. I really feel that what ever I say about this resort will be not be as good as it really is. I have a bucket list and this should be on everyones bucket list! Thanks to all the staff that I encountered. Shout out to G- Money, Bubbles, Diva, Samantha,Shortcake,Kiki, Storm, Brandon (Star Friends), others I didn't mention. I don't know were these staff get their training but it is fantabulous! Jerry, Sentilman(pool bartenders), all the poolside waitresses were great. I work in customer service and this is unbelievable.
We were celebrating my husband 's 60th birthday. Our butlers Rushane and Kevin were outstanding. They set up our room with champagne, balloons, and a rose petal bath. The butlers were always available and if not only a phone call away. Thanks to our housekeepers Patricia and Karen.(excellent job). Room service was prompt. And delicious!
Restaurants, my favorite was Japanese, then Surf and Turf. Did not get to try Italian due to no availability that night. We reserved on a daily basis. Better to reserve for your whole stay when arriving. Buffets for breakfast and lunch. Dave Jr. at the omelet bar (Top Chef). I was eating lunch at the beachside buffet and who walks in....Sheryl Lee Ralph! I was soooo excited. My girls told me not to bother her. I just wanted to tell her how much I enjoyed her in the movie "The Mighty Quinn".
All of my family says we must return to an Iberostar Resort on our next vacation.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pools. Standard suite was great. Did not spend alot of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Yflem1
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are thrilled to have provided with such an exciting and memorable vacation. Your comments regarding our staff, ambience, restaurants, and service in general were also motivating to our team. We are hopeful that you and your family will also be returning soon, as it would be our honor to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Joliet, Illinois, USA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Service on every level was friendly and helpful. Clean spacious room and balcony. Hotel upgraded us to ocean view. The food at all resturants, buffets and room service was excellent. The beach was private and clean. The pool bar had great service. The waitresses walking the beach always made sure you had a drink. The Stars enetertainers were awesome. They got to know you by name. On our 2nd day we were already talking about coming back for our 1 year anniversary. We also met 3 different couples all were back a second time because of thier past experiences.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

4 Thank kcam2406
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciated that you have given high praises for our delicious food, restaurant service, room service, beach, and pool bar service. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall continues to be a favorite amongst couples as we recognize how important a hassle-free and relaxing vacation is to our guests. It was a pleasure for us to have been given the opportunity of serving you on the occasion of your one (1) year Anniversary. We hope that you will also consider returning soon in particular, on the occasion of your two (2) year Anniversary.

Marietta
Reviewed October 2, 2012

September 3 thru 9th Iberostar Grand Rose Hall is three hotels in one but the Grande is adult only side but you cango to all three hotels to eat & play. Super nice staff, great drinks, I mean top shelf , wonderful butler I had a blast. However, if you have a problem go to the regular staff management has no clue, the front desk manager is not only clueless she is a lazy thing. She talked to her staff via phone and refused to come from the back of the office to take care of any issues. The front desk staff was wonderful but you could see their frustration and heard one of them say she is always claimimh to be too busy. Good thing I understand jamaican language. When i arrived a guest had and issue and she never came out to address it. i also had an issue with a bill when I was leaving and found out she was busy that day too and never address my issue, but I went ahead and dealt with AMEX and they took care of it for me.
But in all the hotel is awesome and the food great, Don't forget to try the Turf & Surf

Room Tip: Grande is all suites with personal butler service, ocean view baclony has a godd cool breeze in the...
2 Thank alexgirlMarietta
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. You have made mention of our Front Office Manager not being seen at the Front Office to deal with your issues. We wish to point out that issues concerning reservations or rooms has to be dealt with via the Front Office Manager consulting various Departments e.g. Reservations, Housekeeping, Maintenance or Senior Management. Quite often she may even need to call Travel Agents on your behalf and wait on subsequent information for your reservation via facsimile or e-mail to pass on to the Front Office Team. Our entire Management team is committed to serving our guests and to ensure that your stay is a success. It was encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the overall service of our staff, beverage options, butler service and delicious food.

We look forward to serving you again soon and trust that our hotel will be foremost in your mind as your next vacation destination.

Dallas
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just returned from 4 glorious nights at the Iberostar Grand at Rose Hall.From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we were treated like royalty. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, the luxurious surroundings, the beautiful suite with a lovely spa-like bathroom, the evening shows were outstanding and very professional, the food, excellent with great variety, and the drinks with premium liquors fantastic, especially at the swim-up bar.We loved the time of year, September, as the resort was very quiet, off-season.
To name of few of special people, there was Dexter at the Front Desk, who was so gracious and helpful.He did some special favors for us and we truly appreciated his kindness. Peter, the bellman also, very helpful and gracious, was always smiling. We enjoyed chatting with both of them, getting to know them on a personal level.Iberostar, should be very proud that these two men are on their staff.Trecell, in the Miranda Dining Room. at night, went out of her way to make our dining fun and enjoyabel. One could easily tell that she loved her job, as she was always full of energy, always smiling and went above and beyond, as did Dexter and Peter.
We spent 5 days in paradise. in pure luxury. meeting new people, learning something of their culture and relaxing in a beautiful resort. No complaints,no problems, only high praises. Thank you, Iberostar Grand.
Betty and Michael Severson

Room Tip: Definetly.....book an oceanview suite. We had Suite 5221, and the view was gorgeous and we walked to...
1 Thank BETTY4610
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are grateful for the opportunity to have hosted you on your recent vacation to Jamaica. Your comments regarding the friendly service, layout of our rooms, cuisine and beverage options will also serve to inspire our team. Our staff work tirelessly to ensure our guests’ overall satisfaction, so it was a pleasure to see your review. Please continue to think of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your vacation “home away from home” as it would be an honor to welcome you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here in mid January 2012 for my honeymoon. We had a room basically facing right on the ocean, amazing view. It's not a far drive from the airport, and we reserved with a driver recommended on these forums.

We had great weather the whole time we were there, so it really made the trip much more enjoyable. The facilities are very clean, the pool is very large and you can use the other pools from the other 2 resorts as well. You will probably want to try the lazy river, it was pretty fun. All 3 Iberostar resorts are very nice, but you have to wear a wristband the whole time. Only Iberostar Grand guests can use all the facilities from all 3 resorts. That includes outdoor beach bbqs.

The food, well, we had no problems with the buffets. Breakfast, everything is fine, from eggs to pastries to fruits. Lunch was very good as well. We actually found ourselves heading to the dinner buffett quite a bit, just to either get deserts or enjoy a tea.

There's a free shuttle that can take you to I think the Rose Hall shops. It has a couple of tshirt stores and a place you can get coffee, you only need a couple of hours if you want some very basic souvenirs. I suggest going on a cloudy morning/afternoon.

The staff is amazing, very friendly, and the Star friends at the Grand were great. I had a great time playing horseshoe and it was a fun time. The evening shows were very average, I know those guys try but we went to a couple and then mostly stayed in the lobby bar. There is a disco that all the resorts share at night, we walked in but didn't stay long.

Overall, you will have a great vacation at the Grand. Is it worth the extra money over the 2 other resorts? I can't say for sure, but for our honeymoon we wanted to make sure we had the best time, and we definitely did. The resorts is super nice, kept clean, the beach is OK, not as nice as mexico but it's still a decent beach. We had no problems finding chairs on the beach or at the pool the entire stay. We did have a huge european contigency of italian men wearing speedos arrive, but we still were able to get seats. I would recommend this resort to anyone going to Jamaica.

Room Tip: Bring dress shorts, we found even the evenings to be very hot and humid
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mtlbrad
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are thrilled to have been able to play an integral part in your honeymoon. We also appreciated your comments regarding our room views, cuisine, staff and various activities which will serve to inform other travelers about our property. It would be a great privilege for us to serve you again and we trust that you will return in the near future, especially on the occasion of your wedding anniversary.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

i have been meaning to write this review for a while and just got around to it.
We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Grand in Montego Bay from June 9-16, 2012. I can't say enough about this resort - the food, the people the beach, the room! All wonderful!
The beach and pool were a short walk from the resort - everything was so good!
The staff were excellent and so good at remembering our names.
By far though, what makes this resort so special is the Pool Bar. Morris Day and staff are truly spectacular. Morris took care of our every need, with special drinks being made quickly and efficiently and wow those Jamaican Me Smiles, Hummingbirds and Banana drinks were certainly top notch! My daughter and son in law had visited this resort in April and had highly recommended this resort for my 60th birthday trip telling us about the good care Morris had taken of them at the pool bar, making special drinks for my daughter as she is expecting a baby! He even remembered her when we saw him, remembered a special drink he had made with an ice cream cone in a blender. That to me, is customer service with a Capital C! I would recommend this resort highly, much because of Morris and his wonderful Jamaican Smile, not just the drink!, and the great time we had at the pool bar.
Rooms were immaculate, and the room we had had a marvelous view of the sunset.
A la carte restaurants were all good and the Butler we had made every effort to get reservations when we wanted. The buffet was great too and we enjoyed the Jamaican food, jerk chicken, pork, and curried goat, chicken - all good! The ackee fish was great for breakfast. Room service was 24 hours and very prompt! We had coffee and a light breakfast on the balcony every day.
There were shows but this was the one area we felt was lacking.The show area was stuffy and humid and not fun to sit in as there were no air conditioning and no fans either. The people putting on the shows were good and tried their best but it was not comfortable to sit there.
The resort is about 15 minutes from the airport - the airport was easy to get through, not like the one in Punta Cana which is a nightmare. Our Sunwing flight was great - both ways and because of flight delays we were able to stay at the resort all that much longer - all the more time to spend with Morris & Co. at the Pool bar!
In short - we highly recommend this resort and if you have any questions email me privately.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Pam52_11
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. Your special mention of our beach/pool, staff, beverage options, cuisine, restaurant and convenient location was also encouraging to our Management and Staff. We note that you made mention of an issue concerning our Theatre in June of this year, but are happy to report that we have since installed an additional air-conditioning unit in that area. Please come again soon as it would be an honor to host you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!