“Total Enjoyment”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Take your pick -- the room, the restaurants, the spa, the beach, the staff -- all are really impressive. The workout facility is a little snug so you may have to wait for an elliptical or treadmill, but there are plenty of weights and resistance machines to help pass the time. We had both a butler and a concierge. I still can't say what the concierge actually does other than play directory assistance -- every request we had resulted in a referral to another individual. Our butler was only too happy however to keep plenty of iced beer and wine in our room -- great service there. The staff around the pool area are great fun, and you'll likely find yourself convinced to join a game of bocce, volleyball or darts, or take part in a pool aerobics session.

There is a lot of history in this particular area of Jamaica. Plan to take in Rose Hall -- an original plantation house that still survives. If you golf you will love Cinnamon Hill at Rose Hall, set on the old plantation grounds and winding around an ancient cemetary and ruins from the sugar mills.

I'd go back in a heartbeat and recommend this resort without reservation.

Room Tip: The Ocean View rooms are worth it. Be careful if you get a corner room -- you might not have a hamm...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin O
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our various amenities and service. We look forward to serving you again in the near future and hope that our hotel will be foremost in your mind when planning another vacation.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (6,720)

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my second time at this location and I still enjoyed it. From the time of arrival, where we were offered Mimosas until we were given our room by Barrington at the front desk I knew it was going to be a good trip. Our butler Renish, provided whatever we needed. We had great service from all of the bar and wait staff. The Star Friends were fun and friendly.

3  Thank MissIlly

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you had an amazing trip. We would also like to extend our gratitude to you for making mention of those staff who made your trip extra special. It would be a pleasure to host you again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall is a beautiful hotel with wonderful service personnel! Every part of the hotel is so picturesque! I tend to be a bit picky when it comes to hotels, but Iberostar Grand Rose Hall was superior in every way. The restaurants in the hotel were simply amazing. Additionally, I especially liked that there were plenty of activities for me to do right at the hotel on the days I chose to do so. I actually did a dance class on my first day with activity coordinator, Diva. I wasn't the best student in her class, but her excitement was contagious and encouraged me to just have fun! Another activity coordinator, Storm, was also very friendly and added excitement to the hotel environment. I am still amazed at how she made an effort to call every guest by name...just amazing! Finally, I was thrilled to find out that the hotel offers butler service to its guests. I had a wonderful butler named Darwin. My friend and I just loved his warm smile and friendly personality. He was extremely efficient and often seemed to anticipate our needs before we had to ask. His genuine nature made it clear that he really enjoys working in the area of hospitality! I am so appreciative for these individuals and the countless others who helped to make my stay so pleasant and memorable! Well done! I'm already thinking about planning my next trip to Jamaica. Without question, I will be staying at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall!

Room Tip: Ocean view suites were such a quiet and beautiful place to relax on the balcony!
1  Thank KarenG806

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are pleased to have had the opportunity to serve you on your Birthday. Our dedicated team is thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the level of service that you received. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Iberostar (girls trip) April 2011 - Guess I forgot to write a review. Had an amazing time and this resort is one of the nicest in JA. The option to stay at the 5 star section and use all 3 facilities is great too.....for my not alot of night life on resort but I didn't venture off resort on this trip cause I was with a first time travel friend. I would love to have this resort situated in Ochi cause I love that city and I am able to go into town more. Great because It's close to the airport and the beach is beautiful. Staff activities are always fun and Maria Davis (aka LAVACHILD) was my #1 staff and I still keep in touch..I would recommend this resort to Anyone. 10/10 for service. Very clean and well set up.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jenmc4914
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We are extremely proud to know that we have contributed to our guests’ satisfaction. Your generous words will also serve to motivate our team. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was, by far, the most amazing vacation stay I have had. This was my second time in Jamaica but my first stay at an Iberostar Resort. From arrival to departure, the Iberostar Grand was accomodating, fun, and luxurious. We had a large group with many rooms and each one was immaculate, comfortable, and gorgeous. The service was wonderful and every staff member that I encountered was very friendly. Davian, Eion, G-Money, Marlin, & Dwayne were very hospitable and went out of their way to make our stay remarkable! The food and alcohol selection was five-star. I enjoyed the ability to visit the other adjacent resorts, though there was no need to leave the Grand. The views were breathtaking from every angle and the atmosphere was perfect. I will be looking into Iberostar Resorts in other countries and I consider the Iberostar Grand my home away from home in Jamaica.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your marvellous review. It makes us extremely happy to hear you enjoyed every part of the experience, and we are proud knowing we achieved our goal by making of this experience the best ever.

Thank you for remembering our staff, as they appreciate this guesture as their biggest reward. We cannot wait to welcome you again soon, to your home in Jamaica.

Quality Manager - iberostar Jamaica

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I traveled with 8 of my friends and we all had a wonderful time. We all stayed at the grand rose hall. The service and hospitality exceeded my expectations. Our butler Davian was amazing!!!! There was one night when my friends and I knew we weren't going to be able to make our reservation at the surf and turf. So Davian brought some food over from the restaurant for all of us. We were all so appreciative. Eion was also amazing!!! He helped us with our luggage when we arrived and our departure. Everyone there was great Marvin, dwayne, romaine, jodine, g money!!! Thanks for showing us a great time!! When I come back to Jamaica I'm definitely staying here. I strongly recommend anyone to stay here!! The rooms were clean, beds were great (I'm a big bed person..gotta have a good bed), food was perfection, especially at the japanese restaurant!! Loved every bit of my vacation!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Mz_Scott

Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for choosing to share your comments on this website. We are pleased to know that our hospitality and service exceeded your expectations. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to this end we hope that you will choose our resort on future vacations.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Loved the experience with a small group of friends. This is a beautiful hotel/resort with everything you could possibly want. There is no need to leave the resort. We traveled with 2 other couple and had not problems getting service pool side or getting a reservation at a restaurant. Jennifer Byrne from www.thetropicaltravelers.com booked our vacation and it was seamless. Highly recommend the resort and Tropical Travelers.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brad Y

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic experience at our resort. It is gratifying to know that we contributed to a memorable vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!