“Wonderful Trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Wonderful Trip”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We had the most wonderful time, this resort is beautiful, clean and the staff was great. The rooms are huge and comfortable. The Staff was great and always has a smile for you. There was always something to do. I can't wait to return!

3 Thank DivaTravler11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,980)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chicago
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed at the Iberostar during spring break 2011. We were very fortunate to have Danny transport us for a catamaran cruise from the Iberostar; to departing from the Beaches/Sandals resort in Montego Bay. We were so impressed, that we arranged private taxi service with him for four persons to Nine Mile. He quoted us a flat price, and we felt he was a very safe driver and took care of us on the trip. He even kept the harrassing drug dealers away, when we indicated we were not interested in purchasing anything "extracurricular": for the ride home. He recommended a place to stop for beef patties on the way back; which were very delicious, and safe to eat. (I am always leery of eating food off of the resort property, if you know what I mean) . Very nice man; be sure to give him an extra tip beyond the fare, too!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sandtravel
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall was simply amazing. Amazing location, hotel rooms, food, staff, everything! We stayed for 1 week in mid October and it was the best beach vacation we have ever had. This hotel is a true 5 star and after staying at a Sandals in Jamaica for our honeymoon, I can easily say that Sandals has absolutely nothing on this place. The food and drinks available are delicious, the Japanese restaurant and the gourmet restaurants were our favourites. There are lots of activities for those who want to participate, but no real pressure from the "star friends" to have you join. The "star friends" Sass a Frass, Samantha, Davina, Alex, Ryan and G Money made our stay so much fun. Our butler Darwin, took great care of us and set up a surprise champagne bubble bath for our anniversary. Sylvester the bellman was also very helpful and so friendly, he truly made us feel welcome. Overall, this was the best trip and we will return to the Iberostar Grand Hall as soon as we can. Go there and you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 5217 is a regular room but has great views of the pool and the ocean. Would absolutely want th...
2 Thank Lisa R
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The Iberostar Grand in Montego Bay was amazing, the service was perfect and so was the overall experience. I would return there any day and i will. I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know and would make sure they tipped well because the service and the people that work there is what made my experience so amazing. All the bartenders were amazing, I wish I remembered all their names. I stay in touch with a few to this day and are good friends of mine, Stanley my butler was the BEST, anything you need ask this guy and he'll be there for you asap! If your lucky enough to have him as your butler. And Carson one of the poolside bartenders is now a dear friend of mine and I haven't been there since February and I remember my experience like yesterday and cant wait to go again.. Don't listen to any bad reviews its amazing.. i don't think it really matters where you go, if your in Jamaica you will fall in love.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is amazing.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I can't understand the bad reviews for this hotel. I went last November and it was spectacular. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous, including the HUGE balcony with a beautiful hammock and couch. I slept there a couple of nights. It was so relaxing, especially with the warm breeze. The ONLY semi-negative thing I would say about our stay was the food. Not because the food was bad but because it was very American-ized. I am a huge fan of Jamaican cuisine and it wasn't a focal point at the buffets. HOWEVER, on our second last day the hotel had a Jamaican BBQ right on the beach that was to die for!!!!! It pretty much made up for any complaints we may have had about the food. It was AMAZING!

The pool bartenders made our vacation so fun and enjoyable. Our favorite was Morris. He was so friendly and always taking care of our every need.

Don't believe the bad reviews. I notice a lot of the negative reviews were about butler service being bad. How could you possibly let the fact that a butler wasn't at your every beck and call determine your stay at this gorgeous hotel? We too had the butler service and we barely even requested anything from them except to order a couple of their special pillows that we had to order from the pillow menu. And our pillows came to us pretty fast. So in short, a butler service at a 5 star resort is a little unnecessary. You already have all the amenities you need to make your stay amazing.

• Stayed November 2010
5 Thank Chree86
New York
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I would absolutely reccomend this hotel! We were there in October for a wedding and it was the most beautiful wedding you've ever seen!
I felt the hotel was beautiful and one of the best hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. It's huge with a massive bathroom! We even used the jacuzzi tub in the room. Staying here felt like 1st Class compared to the 2nd class "Suites" and lower class "Hotel". We had top shelf liquor (Grey Goose, Bacardi, Stoli etc.) The Suites din't have anything but the Jamaican brands therefore couldn't make certain drinks. Ask the poolside bartenders for specialty drinks, they are really good at them!
The staff was incredibly friendly and kind.
The food was just ok. I really would have liked better fruit. And it was obvious that food was re-used day after day on the buffet bar. Ie) Shrimp salad, cheese salad, desserts, tomatoes.
I was denied reservations at the restaurants just to see that they were empty each night. I was forced to eat the buffet dinner which I didn't enjoy and was unhappy to see there was room for me to have a reservation at the restaurants. The food at the Italian restaurant was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The bartenders were spectacular!
The Disco was a great part of the hotel and we were there every night! LOVED that!
I thought the services were incosistent. Ie)
-The Butler only came to our room 1 time in our 5 days.
-The turn down service only came the first night. We had to request it the last night so that we didn't risk not having it.
-The hotel ran out of fresh mint often at the outside pool bar for Mojitos.
The stay was wonderful though and we had a great time! When I needed Absolut for my in room mini bar, they delivered an entire bottle of Absolut. All drinks are included, ALL!

Room Tip: All the rooms look towards the pool. If standing on your balcony you can see the ocean. If you want...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kapricca
toronto
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We visited the same resort at the same time last year for our 14th anniversary. We stayed in room 5425 for 3 nights from oct ober 23-26. The food at this resort is outstanding. Natelie, one of the sous chefs was such a joy to talk to and i do love her passion for food. It was so nice to see carlos again, the assistant manager. He goes above and beyond and is detailed, ploished and refined. Thank you Christopher for producing a well executed pasta and btw, the pasta was al dente. Thank you for your hospitality.
Our rooms were keep very clean.
Staff are very friendly and warm.
The cons: on our anniversary night, we arrive to our room at 9:45pm. We find a bottle of chilled champage sitting at the table. The housekeeping rings the bell and comes in. The two are putting away the covers and sheet and setting up a tub with bubbles with rose peddles. I thought this was a kind gesture but they should have arrived before we got to the room. We ended up not utilizing the jacuzzi that night.

The washroom continues to make noise after you flush.

conclusion: First visit oct 23 2010- you blew us away!! raved about everything. You can read this on my profile

Second visit oct 23- 2011-above average but attention to detail lacked

conculsion: We will try another property next year and will try again in a couple years.

2 Thank chefwin
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!