“BEAUTIFUL!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Fishkill, New York
“BEAUTIFUL!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed here Feb 2010. This resort had it all. The rooms were next to none. The bathrooms were HUGE! the food was soo good. Loved the beach and water. Overall a lovely place to stay with your special someone.

We stayed from a Friday to a Friday but had to stay an extra night because weather back in NY canceiled flights home and Iberostar helped us find a different room for that night.

Room Tip: Go with water front veiws or court yard.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AKOK80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,905)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Knoxville, Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

Just got back from the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall and absolutely loved it. This was our 7th all inclusive and this property by far had the best rooms and best service we have ever seen. This may be a little long, but there are many areas and individuals who deserve recognition. If you want to miss the fluff, go to the end of the review where I will list tips.
We used Clive's on our arrival and would highly recommend them. A cold red stripe waiting for you was a nice touch. We had Christopher and Courtney as drivers and both were were professional and great to talk to. The 20 minute drive to Iberostar is definitely better than the 1.5 hours to Negril or Ocho.
Our room was not ready on arrival, but we were upgraded to an oceanview so did not care to wait till 2 pm. The room was absolutely incredible. The view was fantastic with a huge balcony. The room had a living room type area with a chaise lounge and desk, along with free internet connection. The bathroom was very luxurious with a rainfall shower and jacuzzi tub.
We had read varying reviews in regards to the butler. I believe butler service is what you make of it. Our first and favorite butler was Omar; he would even come and check on us by the pool. My wife had a rose petal bubble bath 4 of our 7 nights. If you want to use your butler than just call the concierge and tell them what you want. Don't expect your butler to find you and then complain about never seeing them. Not one of our request, whether room service or bubble baths, went unnoticed. We loved the butler service.
The pools are fabulous. There are really 4 pools all in line. The pool closest to the lobby is the quietest. The servers in the pool and beach area, especially Jodine, work very hard and do a great job. There are always plenty of good chairs and palpas available, but if you want a cabana you better get out early. The beach is also very good with plenty of seating, but it still does not compare to Negril (what beach does?).
We ate at all the restaurants and loved them all with the exception of Italian which was not up to par with the others. Our favorite waiter was Kimarley. The buffet was also very good with cooks like Adar and Christopher really adding to the evening. We also highly recommend breakfast delivered to your room.
The staff is where the Iberostar Grand really sticks out. We usually do not take part in activities, but this staff (not through high pressure but with great attitudes) had us taking part in all kinds of fun. They are incredibly hard working. Our favorites were Trudy "Demples", Sas of Fras, and Crazy Lucky. These 3 would always take time to stop for meaningful conversation that really added to our days.
The only areas for improvement I saw was at the gym. The gym is entirely too small for the property. I understand not everyone works out during vacation, but this level of resort should have better facilities in this area.
TIPS: I would recommend booking a standard room and prior to your arrival request a higher floor. All rooms above the 1st floor appear to have an oceanview. Also, you can email the saturday before your arrival and go ahead and make dining reservations. If you need the email just contact me. Leave your floats at home...if you go to the towel hut at the pool they will loan you floats and also sunscreen. Use your butler and concierge service. You can get bubble baths and room service everyday if you want. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Book a standard and email for higher floor prior to arrival.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank vol27970
Hartsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have been to several places all over the carribbean and this all-inclusive, by far, exceeds them all. Everything that I read about and saw ie: pictures were true. Truly beautiful location, exceptional food and wait staff. If you do not want to be bothered, just don't call the butler but they are there for your every need. Everyone at the resort was helpful and very friendly. Always had a smile on their face. I recommend the ala carte restaurants (didn't have time to eat at the Italian) as the food was exceptional and I can be somewhat of a food snob. I only ate at the dinner buffet once and that was when I arrived and that was my least favorite as I am not keen on "outdoor" buffets but the ceveche and jerk chicken were amazing. If you can, get an ocean front room but all of the rooms, even in the court yard, had a great view. The pools are great as well as the bartenders and servers. I met so many people and truly had a great time. I will definitely be back to this place and want to try other Iberostars around the globe. Enjoy and Relax!

Room Tip: There is no guarantee of a room upgrade so get an ocean front on the beginning.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank LotsOfTravelToGo
MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Fabulous service from everyone we encountered. The rooms, lobby, pool and dining areas were clean, beautiful and well maintained. The personalized service from the staff took this vacation to another level., Everywhere we went, we were greeted like friends, not guest. From the moment we arrived, we felt pampered and relaxed. Although the hotel was very accomodating to couples, as a group of 10, we found many activities to do together or alone. Reservations were made for us every night and we were able to enjoy all eating facilities as a family. The food was plentiful and delicious, the staff was pleasant and accomodating and the hotel itself was gorgeous.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank kmiloMd
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

This was by far one of the best vacations I have ever had. Took my daughter to celebrate her college graduation, and wanted somewhere luxurious, and fun. We got that, and so much more. The hotel was impeccable. Grounds were always immaculate, and the staff was so very accomodating. We did not want for anything. From the moment we were greeted by the bell staff, Clement, Eion, Marvin, and Keeverne we felt like royalty. Our butler, Dwayne even escorted us to dinner. There wasn't a time where we came across staff and asked if there was anything we needed, or wanted. The Star friends...Lucky, Sassy, Trudy, Samantha were the kindest and sweetest. Trudy & Samantha were so good at their jobs that you didn't even know that they have only been there a few weeks. The activities were always offered, but never forced. The food overall was fantastic. When we were too full to eat our dessert in the Japanese restaurant, they responded "no worries, we will have it sent to your room." The pool had the best bar staff I have ever come across. Garfield, Sentillman, Maxwell, Kaneesha and our favorites Kerry & Oneil were amazing...they all took the time to get to know us and always knew what to serve. We not only made life friends that were guest, but with the staff as well. I honestly must say that the people in Jamaica are the kindest people I have ever come across. The shows were wonderful. I have been to many resorts, but t he the talent here was amazing. While it may seem expensive, keep in mind it is an all-inclusive resort and as far as we are concerned worth every dollar spent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MichelleGenet
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is the second time that we have visited this resort. The first time was great as well! This time the service was even better, so we decided to write a review. I think the most improvement for this resort needs to be in the food. It is def not five star food. Maybe 3.
From start to finish here it goes...
Transportation--we used Clive's!!!! I can't say enough nice things about Clive’s. They were always on time, and we actually had three different groups of folks, so they were awesome and very dependable.
Check in--- super easy. We checked in early and our rooms were already available. We had beachfront rooms and the views were breathtaking. Staff at the front desk was helpful and courteous. Even got a nice fruity drink upon arrival.
Rooms/Housekeeping- The rooms were super clean and were cleaned a couple of times a day. The house keepers are great so please try to tip them. We always had fresh towels, bath products, and linens daily.
Butler-DARWIN was our butler!! HE WAS THE MAN!!! I can't tell you enough nice things about him. Last year our butler was horrible and having a great butler makes all the difference in the world. We had four rooms, and he tended to our every need. He made our dinner reservations, ran our baths, stocked our mini bars daily, even brought up some nice champagne to toast while in the bathtub. DARWIN was everywhere. He literally walked the property often to check on his guests. He loves his job, and he was sooo good at it. This fellow would be great in management because SERVICE is first with him.
Pools- the pools were awesome. A little tip.. bring a float with you and the folks at the pool will blow it up and store it for your use when you come to the pool. This was great because we just brought a couple of cheap floats and used them the entire time and then just left them for other guests to use after we left.
Pool Bartenders- Kerry was great! Try the Kerry special! It was awesome, but don't have too many or you might miss dinner.
One thing that was disappointing is that Jerry and Morris have been moved from the pool bar. Morris is at the hotel bar inside and Jerry is in the lunch area.
Removing them was a BAD IDEA!! The entire Bar/Pool area was based on their personalities. We had the BEST time last year with them and enjoyed them so much. They were so energetic and really got everyone going. Not sure whose idea it was to move them, but I can tell you that they should move them back ASAP!!!!!! Swim up bar is just not the same!!!!
Sailing--the sailing was great! However, since they moved the sailing shack to the middle it's almost impossible to get a boat. Last year we could just walk up and get one. This year we had to reserve it hours in advance. I think just more folks from the other resorts are using it.
FOOD--the food was ok.. nothing great just ok
Hibachi-
Food was actually really good here. Sushi was not so good. The cooking time was forever. I think it took almost 3 hours.
Surf & Turf-
No lobster was available the first three days of our trip.
We ate here twice. First time, we ordered a steak medium and it came back so well done that we could throw it up against the wall. Second time, we visited we ordered it med rare thinking that it would come back medium. NOPE, came back well done again.
Steak was cooked terrible both times. Sides were ok. The wine was also terrible. Almost everything we wanted was extra money. They only had like 3 different types of wines available that were not extra and they were terrible. The dessert was amazing!! We had the fried ice cream both nights and it was so yummy!! The service was good though. Much faster than the hibachi place.
Gourmet-
Again, no lobster. Very very tiny portions. Portions are so tiny that you really need to order room service after. However, the onion soup is amazing!!! Service was also good here, but once again the cooking is off again. I ordered lamb and said medium, and it came back completely burned. I guess u could send stuff back, but it takes so long to get it that we didn't want to wait another hour for it.
Italian---
Terrible last year.. terrible
So bad last year that we didn't try it again
Buffett--Asian Buffet night-
Was sooo good.. Might have been the best meal we had the entire time. It was so yummy!!! Sushi was really good, meat was great, tons of variety and really fresh!!
Service was great, and because of buffet it was fast!!!!

Lunch Buffett-
It was ok. I actually liked it for about the first 3 days then I got sick of it. Everyday was about the same or every other day so not a lot of variety. The lunch buffet needs more variety if guests are eating it everyday especially if they are eating it longer than three days.

Breakfast Buffett-
It was good. I didn't mind the repetition here as much as lunch because there were plenty of options for breakfast. They had omelets, cereal, fruits, smoothies, yogurt,

Room Service
Great Service and were super fast. Food again was ok. Kobe beef burger this year was terrible. Instead of grilled it was pan fried, so the taste was not great at all!! We liked the club sandwiches ok and the French fries. The spaghetti was passable as well.

Pool Activities
The star friends were great! They were so good about getting everyone involved. They liked to work that is for sure. We would see them working late into the night, and then they would be at the pool the next morning bright and early with a smile. They asked us tons of times to play with them, but our group was just lazy! Our favorites were Mr. Cool, and Dimples!! Both of them were adorable and we had the best time with them!! They were so professional and tons of fun!! Even if Mr. Cool beat our friend in chess three times. It was hilarious and we loved it!!!

The Discothèque
It seemed like it could be fun. The smoke in it was terrible, so we didn't stay long, but the star friends were there ready to make us have fun.

The Spa-
I had a facial. It was great. Sasha did my facial and she was great. A shoulder massage and hand massage comes with the facial. She was fabulous!! She was so nice and was such a good massage therapist. She might have been the best I have ever had.
The spa pools were great as well. They were always clean and were in great shape!

The Gym-
Not a lot of cardio equipment and some were broken.

Golf-
Our husbands played golf tons, and had the best time with the caddies. They said the course was in ok shape, and was a bit dry and had just been aerated. The conditions could have been better, but they did enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank applegirl78
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife and I just returned from our 8 night stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. All in all, it was an incredible resort with unmatched service!! Here's a break down of my take of the resort.

Rooms- All rooms are junior suites. We had an oceanfront suite that had a wonderful view of the Caribbean Sea..which was great for sunrises and sunsets. Our bed was plush and very comfortable. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and walk in shower with his and hers vanity.

Service- Unbelievable. Upon getting settled in our room, our butler Davian stopped by our room to introduce himself. He was very accommodating and responsive to our requests. The bartenders were great. The Star Friends were awesome and overall this is by far the best service I've ever had...anywhere!!

Pool- There were plenty of chairs and beds to layout on. Also, there are a lot of tiki umbrellas for shade. There's a basketball hoop and volley ball net in one of the pools. The swimup bar and infinity pool looking out over the Caribbean is awesome!!

Beach- There are a ton of lounge chairs and tiki umbrellas. The beach was nice...I've been to much nicer...but it was definitely good enough for us! I read a review about there being rocks in the water and not being able to go in the water. That is not remotely true. There are some rocks right as you walk into the water, but they are not sharp and you can avoid them if needed. Pass the four feet of rocks, it is a soft sandy bottom. The beach only spans the Iberostar property, but with two other hotels at the resort there's plenty of space to take walks on the beach.

Food- I really enjoyed all of the dinners...the lunch and breakfast buffet was really good too. Our favorite was the Surf and Turf Restaurant and the Japanese Restaurant. The food is better than any other all-inclusive I've been to (Secrets resorts and Majestic resorts).

Negatives....the carpeting in the hallways should be replaced with tile (which really isn't that big of deal, but just something that needs to be taken care of).

Mosquito's in the room....we had a lot of mosquito's in our room every day. Finally on the second to the last day we had our butler have the room and hallway sprayed which took care of a lot of the mosquito problem. Also, shut your door between your room and bathroom at night....if we would have done the two previous things earlier it would have taken care of the problem.

Overall, I would recommend this resort to anyone!!! It was awesome!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,940 reviews
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!