“Amazing Honeymoon”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
“Amazing Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

This hotel met my expectations to the tee. My husband and I stayed at Iberostar Rose hall suites for 5 days 4 nights for our destination wedding which was awesome and a memorable experience for our family and friends. We then upgraded to Iberostar Rose hall Grand for 4 days 3 nights. This place is very luxurious. You are met w/ a cold hand towel and a mimosa at the door. The entire place is "grand" with marble staircases and columns and gold trimming on the ceiling fixtures. It feels like a VIP exclusive resort. The days we were there it was quiet and relaxing. Upon check-in to our room we were met by our butler Tony who arranged our dinner reservations for us for the next two nights. Unfortunately the suites didn't communicate that we were honeymooners so I took the liberty to do so myself and told our butler Tony. The first night we ate at the buffet which was "gourmet" Asian themed. We choose to go to the suites for a show that night but upon returning to our room we found a romantic bubble bath, candle light, and rose petals. The bed was decorated with swans and sprinkled with rose petals which read "I love you"...the light was dim and it was extremely romantic. The next morning we enjoyed our day after wedding breakfast in bed. The spread was awesome and the food was delicious. Breakfast was so good we ordered it the next two mornings by menu which they leave on your bed the night before for you to put on your door handle. The concierge calls to confirm delivery or any changes in the menu. They also deliver a newspaper every morning. The next morning we requested prices for excursions and our butler brought them right up. We spent the day off the resort but were happy to return and get ready for dinner at the Japanese Hibachi. The food here is amazing. My husband was extremely impressed by the Jamaican chefs and their skills on the Hibachi and sushi bar. They even have a dessert you must try called banana tempura...it's delicious. That night we went to a show which was okay, I appreciate the talent although my husband said he would prefer a real "headliner". The next day we spent off the resort again. We did hit the beach for about 2hrs total while @ the Grand and feel asleep on one of the beds which was great. That night we spoke to our butler Darwin who was such a sweet guy about our chocolate covered strawberries. Our order somehow got lost from the night before (must order 24hrs in advance @ very expensive cost). Long story short they told us that we couldn't have them. Our butler Darwin worked his magic b/c when we returned from dinner we had a path of rose petals leading to the bathroom with another bubble bath, champagne, candles and white chocolate covered strawberries and a lovely note from our butler Darwin. Thanks Darwin your the best. All in all the food at the grand is gourmet....In 4 days my husband and I ate sushi, duck, fillet mignon, jumbo shrimp, scallops, mussels, curry goat, oxtails and the list goes on and on. My husband is already talking about going back. I think I set the bar too high :). No worries @ the Grand. You will definitely feel like a star!

1 Thank mrsrice11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,928)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have been quite lucky to have had the opportunity to travel to a number of world designations and have stated in many 5 star hotels, but the short time my wife and I stayed in Iberostar Grand, has to be one of the most memorable experiences of my travels. I believe the service that is offered by your staff is second to none.

I believe the Jamaican people are very friendly, but the Iberostar staff are very well trained in customer service and it shows. This short break was I must say, one of the few trips over the last number of years that was truly relaxing and sincerely thank the staff at the hotel for the warm welcome it extended in our direction.

This is by far one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed at, and I intend to return to Jamaica in the near future (I try to take a break a few times a year).

We highly recommend this hotel to one and all. Whether you are a couple or with family, there are three hotels in this resort and one will suit your needs!

David Bredin, Esq./Sol.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

After a bit of research, we decided to book with Liberty travel and chose the package that included this hotel. I was worried seeing a few bad reviews but honestly, nothing could be further from the truth. This place is absolutely wonderful - I do not know if we simply got lucky, but everyone in this place truly bent over backwards to help us with everything. Everyone from bell boys, to the maintenance people - everyone you run into says hello, with a smile and even though I actually usually do not like this, it was different here and I realize why - because it was genuine. While many hotels make their workers do this, the feeling here is that they do this because they like their jobs. Maybe it's not the case, but that's how I felt.

The hotel itself was very nice, I did not think it was run down at all, everything seemed fairly new and there was always a bit of work going on it on the property. Like small patches were being worked on, so they certainly appear to take care of everything. We had some small issue with our TV, they sent someone to look at it literally within 15 minutes of our phone call.

At this hotel, you can do your own thing but if you need organization, you can follow the various activities they plan. This was my only second all inclusive that I went to with my girlfriend so we stayed away from the planned activities, but they seemed fun, like nightly poker, swimming pool volleyball, just to name a few. Honestly, thinking hard, I can not think of one bad thing can say about this stay. That to me is a great trip!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This hotel never disappoints beginning with the bellmen William, Peter, Marvin, Kevin and Keverne always helpful and accomodating. At the Front Desk Barrington, Natalie, Sonia, Mckenzie, Teresha, Keisha and Peter Thanks for all of your assistance along with Jonay. The butlers Donovan and Nick are first class and were always available not sure about other reviewers that never saw their butlers. The food always good and tasty.
Special Thanks to Kymoya in groups. This hotel is five star in every way and you will never be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank suzette888
Pepperell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed June 7-14th and the place is amazing!! Everyone works so hard and the place is immaculate. We liked the buffet - Japanese restaurant was the best. Italian and Surf and Turf were good too. The rooms were clean and nice. The bed was to die for. The butler was pretty much non-existent. Another couple we met said the same. The concierge was much more helpful! The Star Friends staff (Sassy, Mr Cool, TO, Crystal, Monesa, Jason) were all great. Lots of fun. They don't take no thanks for an answer sometimes, but they are under a lot of pressure. Shows definitely need improvement. This was the BEST vacation....loved it and hope to go back again! It was so relaxing.

1 Thank gtdel
Austin, Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have traveled throughout the Caribbean so you can trust this review. First, this was my first trip to Jamaica, and only went since this was a family trip planned by others in the family. Jamaica is Cancun with a different accent. Very poor people working too hard for very little money. For my money, the USVI's or the BVI's are better destinations. Any island east or south Caribbean is better.
As far as the Iberostar Grand; the rest of my family stayed at he Suites since they had children so I can give the truth about both. The Grand is better, a lot better. Read the other reviews as they are mostly correct. The pools at the Grand are quieter and prettier, better lounge chairs and better drinks and chairs are always available unlike the suites. Overall the rooms at both are very good, what other say in their reviews are right on. The one huge negative at BOTH is the food. Can not understand how anyone can say anything good about the food. This is a Spanish owned resort, the food in Spain is lousy and so is the food here. The cheaper wines in Spain are lousy and that is what is served here ( at the suites.) Saw people taking pictures of their food and the presentation is good but the taste....how about way too much salt and way too much olive oil. Everything is served well done, order a steak medium rare and it is well done, order it medium well it is leather. The Gourmet restaurants at both are your best bet, the Mediterranean is horrible. If you appreciate good food you wont like it here. If you eat at fast food or casual eating restaurants you will probably like it.
Only other negative was the beach. Water is beautiful in Montego Bay but not here. Guess it was the only location left when they built it.
The staff at the hotel is very good but I'm sure they just appreciate having a job as they work long hours 6 days a week.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank Textravels
Joppa, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We spent our 4 year anniversary at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall (June 15-20).....and were VERY satisfied. We had booked a ocean view suite but was given a room upgrade to oceanfront, room 5335. We also had a nice rose petal bath and bottle of champagne in celebration of our anniversary. Our butlers Wheeler and Okeene did a great job taking care of us throughout the week.

The resort grounds were just amazing. Three pools emptying into the other, plenty lounge chairs to lay on and the service was outstanding. The pool bartender Kerry was out of this world. Our favorite drinks that he made for us were: Miami Vice, Jamaican Smile and Dirty Monkey. Our beach waitress Racquel really worked very hard walking in the sun and sand all day. She was always smiling and happy to serve you. Racquel kept our glasses always full and make sure you ask for the "Racquel Special" You won't be disappointed. Staying at the Grand gives you access at the other two resort.

The food was fantastic and full of choices. We especially liked the buffets and the Surf & Turf restaurant. I had a well cooked porterhouse steak with a grilled salmon fillet at this restaurant, delicious.

Two excursions that I would highly recommend are the Dunn's River Falls trip and the Horseback Ride N Swim provide by Chukka Caribbean Adventures. This is a must trip. Our guides took us through the countryside to see a old sugar cane plant and finished our tour with a horseback ride in the ocean.

I can see why this resort is highly ranked by Trip Advisor. I hope we have another opportunity to go there again!!

3 Thank Ortiz8384
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica
#4 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,988 reviews

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall? Share your experiences!