We stayed here last night for my work Christmas party. Very pretty hotel and the room where we had our meal was nice. Food was very good particularly considering there was over 80 of us, not standard Christmas party fayre.
However all of this was completely let down by the standard of our room.
There were lots of dark hairs in the shower - looked like someone had had a hair cut in there.
The double bed was against the wall, meaning I had to climb over my partner to get in/out
The hospitality tray was filthy - glasses had finger prints and lip marks
There was staining on the carpet that looked like blood and other selections of stains on the valance and bed cover
The shower door was broken and fell off when you opened/closed it
The whole room was thick with dust and cobwebs. I also heard similar reports from my colleagues. However to top all of this off we experienced the weirdest situation ever:
The door handle fell off our bedroom door in the afternoon, which when we reported to reception were told that the guy, who had just served us drinks in the bar, wasn't able to fix it as he wasn't a handyman. We went downstairs to the party having locked our valuables in the safe and our door closed but unlocked. Later in the evening my partner went up to the room to drop something off and ended up being locked in the room as the door handle had fallen off on the outside!! The phone despite being labelled with various numbers didn't appear to connect to anyone and the only hotel number he could find was a central bookings number. After being trapped in the room for over half an hour he ended up having to break a panel out of the door to get out. To cut a very long story short the problem was finally resolved and a brand new handle fixed on - although not sure why this wasn't done in the first place.
The problems were dealt with by the staff quickly and they were all quite friendly. Strangely enough I was asked to fill out a feedback form on checking out, but I would love to know what De Vere do with these... There seem to be a number of reviews on here that question the cleanliness of the rooms. A small counter to this is that the rooms don't appear to cost a lot on the weekends, so we didn't have huge expectations, but I do feel cleanliness shouldn't be compromised whatever the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant main house, in the style of Queen Anne is set in 35 acres of beautiful parkland on the Hampshire border. Whether you stay at the main house or Fir Tree Court, it's the perfect place to rest your head. Highfield Park has so much to offer. With 58 bedrooms and 15 meeting rooms we are more than just a hotel. Our bar and restaurant provide menu options to suit all. And recently introducing an all new completely organic wine list that will open your eyes to excellence of English wines. Highfield Park is ideally situated between Reading and Basingstoke, easily accessible from the M3, M4 and M25 motorways with Bracknell, Guildford and Slough all within a 20 mile radius. So whether you are looking for a comfortable room to spend the night on your business travels, or a night of peace and quiet away from the hustle and bustle of town Highfield Park is your local independent hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Highfield Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Venues Highfield Park Hotel Heckfield
- Highfield Park Heckfield, Hampshire