“My wedding the most amazing day ever”
Review of Highfield Park

Highfield Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heckfield
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Brilliant location, Michelle was the best with helping to assist throughout the wedding prep, allowing nothing to faze her during the months leading up to the day.

The hotel was spotless the staff so friendly as providing a superior level of customer service to all before and on the day and as a London-wide Customer service trainer I know excellent customer service when I see it.
David the MC on the day allowed nothing to flap him any last minute changes such as extra guests, change in menu choices and over running speeches he and his team took in his stride dealt with ease. I short my friends and family said it was not only one of the most beautiful locations but also the best service, and we are a group of well travelled adults.

I would reccomend this wonderful venue to anyone thinking of getting married or even just going there for a romantic night away. I cannot thank them enough for making my and my new husbands day a day to remember.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Highfield Park

Reviewed September 1, 2010

having stayed in many travel lodges i would say highfield park is bellow the quality of them! il let the pictures do the talking that i will attach!
over all i would not recomend the stay!

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank neilpalmer6345
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I had booked a double room in connection with a family wedding. When my wife and I checked in the room key was handed to me without comment. (The room was in a separate 'stable block' some way from the reception area.) On getting to the room I found that it was a single, not a double. I phoned reception and it was confirmed that the room was a single. I pointed out that I needed a double. The duty manager showed me the available double rooms. Both had a double bed that was up against a wall - difficult for one person to get in and out of bed. These were the only choices available. I wanted to go home but my wife insisted that we stay. The duty manager agreed that there would be no charge for the stay.

Outside the room there was an extractor vent. I requested that the fan be turned off. There was a conference syndicate room opposite with its lights on (at 10.00 pm) and I asked for these to be turned off. The room temperature was over 26°C with no air conditioning. I asked for a fan which was provided. We had to sleep with the window open even though there was a flat room immediately outside. The temperature never dropped below 26°C.

I left the hotel with some insect bites on my leg that were not there when I arrived.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed in the Main house, room was small and television in an awkward position,
Breakfast was buffet style and the cooked breakfast looked nice, but was cold.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed here for a friends wedding and I was very impressed with the beautiful location and building. The rooms were small but clean. Breakfast was good, with a nice selection of food. The downside was that as it was a nice evening and we were outside we were pestered with wasps from a nest near the hotel. As the evening wore on the bar staff targeted the people who they thought were tipsy, and gave them the incorrect change back. This happened to me more then once. My drinks came to £8.50, so I gave him a £20 note and he very quickly gave me £1.50 change and walked off to do something else. When I questioned him, he did not argue or look ashamed at all and gave the £10 straight back********CHECK YOUR CHANGE AND WARN OTHERS IF YOU STAY AT THIS HOTEL*********

Reviewed August 10, 2010

I've been told this or overheard this at 4 different DeVere Venues now even though the in house magazine describes them as 'Venue Hotels'. I guess they use this as an excuse for the few niggly things that you query. I stayed 2 nights through one of the frequent offers they have for £19 a nt RO and as you can expect was out in the accomadation away from the main house which was still very nice as I think its a converted stable block. Room was a decent size and very tidy, although being on the first floor (with the good weather) was very hot on both nights and even with the window open, I struggled to sleep both nights. Decent size wardrobe, bizarrely with a second foldaway bed (can't believe it was for my room) but as with most venues, no storage in bedside cabinets or drawers on the desk. Internet was a bit intermittent, tennis court could do with a bit of TLC and the small outdoor pool looks as though its been c losed for some time. Now for the good bits; very friendly helpful staff throughout (i.e opening the bar back up even though they had cashed up for the night), great location and grounds to relax in (easy to find a quiet spot away from the main hotel). Had a fantastic triple deck BLT, chips and side salad from the bar menu the first night for just over £6 (sun lunch is a rather steep £19), sat out on the back terrace overlooking open countryside. Bar is very nice and standard hotel prices at around £4 a pint. Because these are essentially hotels for team building/conferences they are a bit out of the way, although a drive to Hook 5 miles away takes you past 2 or 3 nice pubs (nearest less than half a mile), garden centres and a Tescos to stock up in and its a good base to explore the bigger surrounding towns. Overall, I'd say if you can get the cheap offers by signing up to the DeVere Venues website, then you can't go wrong and without a few of the minor issues above, I would have given it a 4 overall.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I organised a small training event at this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it. The venue is clearly geared to dealing with conferences and had rooms located close to each other and refreshments available all day, which helped when our timetable overran. There were always staff on hand to assist and if anything needed changing they did it quickly, efficiently and willingly. The bedrooms were compact and are not luxurious but certainly comfortable and more than adequate. Some rooms are in a separate buliding but it is not far from the main building and I would not consider it a problem. The food was varied and of good quality. We had private dining in the evening and this was well organised and in a lovely banqueting style. I would certainly recommend it for a business event.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heckfield
Warbrook House
De Vere Wokefield Estate
De Vere Wokefield Estate
#1 of 1 in Stratfield Mortimer
The Mill House Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Highfield Park? Share your experiences!