“Best vacation ever”

Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Imbassai
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We already had good references about this resort from our friends who had visited it last year and still we were amazed with the facilities,the staff were all sooo helpful and nice with us. We highly recomend it,it was a really nice experience

• Stayed: June 2014
diretoradjunto, Gerente at Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Gonzalo R

Thank you so much for your review of the Grand Palladium Imbassaí in Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased that your experience with us was truly pleasant.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community and we do hope that one day you may be able to find the opportunity to visit our resort again.

Kidest regards

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The resort is beautiful. Nicely decorated, with great amenities. The service was great, and the best part is that this is truly an all-inclusive resort. I had the time of my life. I definitely will be visiting again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Vagabond614

We are delighted to read that you have recently enjoyed a magnificent experience at the Grand Palladium Imbassaí.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and we truly hope to have the opportunity and pleasure of welcoming you back to the Grand Palladium.
Kind regards.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Excellent hotel, amazing staff, great and recommendable place to go alone or with family.I had two oprtunidades on site, both pleasant.
We went with several families and twice enjoyed the stay.
proper cleaning, comfortable and comfortable.
Children are safe and tranquilos.recomendable parents.
The food is very good

Room Tip: near the beach are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PaulaPotel

Dear PaulaPotel

We are grateful to read that you have recently enjoyed a magnificent experience at the Grand Palladium Imbassaí.
Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and we truly hope to have the opportunity and pleasure of welcoming you back to the Grand Palladium Imbassaí
Kind regards.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is dirty, tired and not at all what one would expect. The staff are unfriendly and inefficient. When one asks them a question, it all seems like too much trouble for them. Many of them struggle with even basic English, though there are a couple of mediocre English speakers at the front desk. Coupled with my extremely poor Portuguese, it made for interesting communications.

The "all inclusive" restaurants open when they feel like it - and the Japanese restaurant only felt like opening once during my stay, when I was not actually in the hotel. I questioned this of the duty managers and they explained that it was because they were not fully booked. Well, in my humble opinion fully booked or not, if you sell a hotel based on your products and services, then you should offer them. The Japanese restaurant was one of the only reasons I selected this all inclusive resort, I normally avoid them like the plague.

Instead they offered a truly appalling Indian restaurant where the food made me quite ill afterwards. As far as the other eating options available, the food is average at best and not so plentiful. Their breakfast offerings were just awful.

I guess since they were not full that housekeeping was also when they felt like it - and they clearly did not feel like it very often. Even when they did service the room, it was cursory and they did not restock the minibar often (but then since this is included it was no loss to them. I am sure if one had been paying for the contents it would have been replenished immediately).

I booked a "suite" and foolishly expected a "suite". No, the suites here are just large rooms with a sitting area - not a suite at all. I had a flood in my room due to a faulty AC system and despite frequent calls, no-one ever came prior to my departure.

The "all inclusive" term is subjective too - there are few things included, but many one can pay for. They even tried to charge me for internet access! For the price of this place, you are entitled to certain expectations - none of which are even close to being met.

Rooms, amenities and services at this resort are a disgrace. Same your money and stay at a hostel, you may be treated better.

I would certainly not return, nor would I ever recommend this resort to anyone - even as a last resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lady-Thompson
diretoradjunto, Gerente at Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2015

Dear Lady-Thompson,

We thank you for making your review and we regret the experience which you have experienced here at the Grand Palladium. We regret the experience you have outlined and would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused on your stay.

Again we sincerely apologize and we look forward to your email.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Family of 5 visited in June/July 2014.
They picked us up and returned us to the airport promptly, it took about 45 minutes in a van with AC and a very nice driver. The staff spoke English and even helped us with check in on our departure.
We stayed in Villa 13 which is convenient for the beach access. We booked a suite and I was expecting 2 rooms or a L-shaped configuration but we got 1 room with 2 double beds and 1 pull out sleeper sofa. The room was clean on arrival but the bathroom could have been cleaner.
The AC leaked extensively on day 3 and was promptly fixed.
We requested daily cleaning of the room which did happen but the restocking of the fridge was inconsistent, some days we got water, soda and beer, some days just water or just beer.
The room has no 110V outlets. You have to go to the front desk and leave a $R100 deposit for a converter.
It took some help from the front desk to get WIFI working but it did work fine for all 5 days and worked throughout the hotel. You can pay for faster WIFI but the free worked fine for email and web browsing.
The majority of guests were Brazilian followed by Argentinian, Costa Ricans, Germans. Almost all nationalities in the World Cup were in the hotel and it was a nice crowd.
Very few of the staff speak English but we were able to get by, the front desk had 2 fluent English speakers.
Overall the food is quite good. The 2 main restaurants have the same breakfast and lunch but different dinner themes such as Mexican, French or Spanish. All the food is cooked with Dende oil which is common to the region. This gave me heartburn all 7 days and I never get heartburn. Research the oil, its very strong.
The 3 themed restaurants were closed most days. This was incredibly disappointing. The hotel told us they were 22% occupied and so they could not open them every day.
When the Indian place opened we booked and ate there and it was terrible. I specifically selected this hotel because of the Indian food choice and was disappointed.
We did not do any excursions or use the Spa. The pool(s) were fantastic, in fact I would say the main pool was the best design I have ever seen. Great areas for the kids, swim up bar, chairs etc. My only criticism is they play the exact same reel of songs every single day! Very annoying!
The staff overall were very friendly. We noticed that the service gets better as the day goes on. The breakfast service is mediocre, lunch is good and dinner the best. The activities crew who work the pool are very enthusiastic and nice. The kids club staff are fantastic. We had a great experience with them, they put my daughter who only speaks English in a night time theater show. Tennis courts and soccer fields were well maintained.
The grounds are very well maintained. I do think all of the villas could benefit from a pressure wash, they were quite dirty on the exterior.
The gift shops were fine and reasonably priced.
The house wine is good, surprisingly good. We do not spring for the premium wine which was $50+ a bottle.
The liquor and cocktail selection is excellent.
The draft beer is Kaiser, which is my least favourite Brazilian beer. You have no other choice for beer which is a big negative for me.
The Maracana sports pub is nice and they will cook a pizza for the kids if you ask.
Beach access is easy, you can walk it or hop on the golf cart. I liked the bar and restaurant by the beach. Red flag most days, the sea is not for kids only experienced swimmers.

So overall, a nice trip at a good hotel. Room for improvement. This was my first all-inclusive experience. I will not go back but only because of the distance, we will opt for Caribbean or Mexico next time.

Room Tip: Villa 13 is closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
diretoradjunto, Gerente at Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2015

Dear cwf279,

Thank you for having chosen our Resort for your vacation and for taking the time to share with us your review. We must extend our apologies for those aspects of your vacation which did not meet your expectation. We can assure you that this is not always the case at our Resort and we will see to it that corrective action is taken to improve on these areas to better satisfy our valued guests.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated and we will pay keen attention to improve our service level.

We would love to be given the opportunity to host you in the near future for you to experience the changes that will be made.

Until then, best wishes.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Loved this place.
So did the kids!
Lots of different restaurants to try.
Wonderfull buffet selection.
Wonderlful pools and beach! They take you to the beach by buggy... the kids love it!
Big rooms with balcony. Tennis courts, spa (tried the massages, loved it and great value for money) everything is there for our enjoyment.
Kids club we didn´t use but i saw all the kids very happy and having a great time!
Two negative points: 1st - people eating and drinking by the pool. Although forbidden by hotel regulations, people still do it and by the end of the day the pool is not as clean as it was in the morning; 2nd - Sushi restaurant stay away from it. Unfortunately, and as a sushi expert, although Brasil is well known for its sushi, this one is clearly not included in the list.

In the end: I loved staying there for some family vacations! Clearly will return and recommend!

Room Tip: Next time will try the premium Villas...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Artur P
diretoradjunto, Gerente at Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Artur P

We have reviewed your comments and was very delighted to hear about the wonderful time you had while you were here on vacation with us at the Grand Palladium Imbassaí.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the overall facilities and we will share your comments with our team. We really appreciate the time you have taken to write to us and share your reviews as this will help us to improve our product and services.

We were extremely happy to have served you and we look forward to your return visit on your next vacation.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was my second trip to this hotel. Last time, about 3 years ago, I made extensive use of the facilities and had a great time. We went (with my family) again based on that experience.
First day, I found that the basic SPA services were not included since about a month ago. So, right now is a 5-star hotel without sauna. Just mention that I booked my vacation months before the new rule. I spoke to three different service people about this and all of them said that they could not do nothing because it was a Direction decision.
One day, they totally "forgot" to do my room. I had to complain twice to make them move to do it.
I agree with some of the comments about the great Japanese restaurant. We ate at both the Sushi and the Teppanyaki sections. This time, the cook at the Teppanyaki looked really harried up, taking away a lot of the magic of the experience.
Talking about the "a-la-carte" restaurants, the choice of vegetarian food is very limited.
The animation people make a positive difference, being in charge of all the activities and the night shows. Kudos for them!
All in all, I feel that the quality of the hotel lowered and I think we will never go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Diego L

Dear Diego L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews with us. We were delighted to hear about the wonderful time you had and we were very pleased to know that all went well. However, while we strive for a perfect vacation we sincerely regret any mishap and rest assured that your concerns were not taken lightly.

We hope that you will not be deterred from doing business with us as we look forward to your return visit on your next vacation.

Best wishes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Imbassai
Pousada Capitu
#1 of 2 in Mata de Sao Joao
Sauipe Premium
Sauipe Premium
#1 of 3 in Costa Do Sauipe

Been to Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!