“Great Resort in a paradise beach”

Iberostar Praia do Forte
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Praia do Forte
GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great Resort in a paradise beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in May 2012 (it took me a while to do the review so I placed it as May 2013). Since it was off season, the hotel wasn't full and very calm.

I will start with the room: clean, nice and very spacious. There is a full refrigerator, coffee maker, sofa and balcony. Bathroom is huge, you have toiletries clean towels separate bath and shower. Bonus for the room service that everyday had a surprise for us with animals with the towels and placing flowers in our room. They were lovely and super creative!

The hotel is huge, dependencies are nice and clean. The best part is that there are 2 pool complexes: calm and party. If you want to play games, listen to music and meet other people go to the party pool complex. If you want to read a book listening to the sea and relax, go to the calm. That detail was very important to me since I needed a real relaxing vacation, silence and no agitation. The hotel provides a lot of activities: gym classes, walks on the beach, bb gun shooting contest, games, etc. There is also a night show with music and singing - the dancers are notably good.

The beach is super clean, there are turtle nests all over and it is a preserved beach where they reproduce so they can't have lights or food near the beach. You really feel you are close to the nature in this hotel, not only because of the turtles, but you can see a lot of birds, monkeys and crabs. Monkeys are specially cute, they are furry and tiny and eventually risk stealing food left on a plate.

The hotel is all inclusive so you can't be hungry. Food is not great, but there is a good variety. The day we arrived they had a food evaluation so the first dinner was incredible with a lot of lobster and shrimps on the buffet. The remaining days were just ok, nothing spectacular and same options every day for lunch and dinner. The restaurant near the pools open for lunch but are really bad, get the acarajé and fresh food from the booth instead - they are great. If you want a more refined food, you can book a table at a specialty restaurant for dinner. We were able to book at the oriental and french restaurants. The french is great, fine food and good options. The only one with decent options for vegetarians. Book all your reservations when you arrive or you may not be able to get a place later.

You have a good variety of drinks: soft drinks, fresh juices, beer, cocktails, liquors and wine. Cocktails are good, if you want more options go to the main bar near the lobby. Stay away from the wine, there is only one brand and it's really bad. Wine doesn't suit the warm beach weather after all.

Overall I loved the place, it was a great vacation for me!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lia C
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at Iberostar Praia do Forte. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us and will work hard to keep improving our services.

Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I love this place, the views, the coconut trees, the swimming pools, the kids club, the staff! Everyone seemed happy to work there! Buffet has a lot of choice, rooms are very spacious, nice and clean. I regret only the restaurant near the pool, which was sometimes messy and very little choice. Be prepared to walk a lot because it's very big...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our staff does its utmost each day to ensure that all our guests fell at home while enjoying beautiful sunny days in Bahia! We are delighted you have enjoyed our hotel while experiencing a great vacation. Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil
Mexico City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The only plus is itis not a bad price, much lower than Tivoli, All else is minus from the chaos at arrival during off season to the very slow front desk to broken overnight Internet service that you pay for and no one can fix hotel wide till after 8 am. Buffet lunch is good, breafkast seems likes recycled lunch and dinner is the same as lunch in buffet places. Grounds are huge, long walks, No elevators in buildings and rooms on three floors, bellboys cannot be found, desk clerks cannot multi-task. I was glad to get out. Also,the shower has shampoo and bath gel dispensers - my bath gel was empty, very clear to anyone if room cleaned after prior guest. I had to get out of shower to get a mini bar of soap and get the floor all wet - not good. The desk has one plug with a light - to use the laptop you have to unplug the light and sit in the dark, badly planned rooms.

Room Tip: Handicapped people not welcome, no elevators and no one helps you walk to your far off building and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Happy_on_the_road
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel over the holiday. I'm very concerned with the comments you made. Please feel free to call me or contact me through e-mail at your earliest convenience if you would like to discuss it further. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us and we hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Brasil
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We have been spending 10 days on the first fortnight of April 2013.
it was a wonderful experience.
If you want to spend a vacations with entertainment at 100%, this is the best choice.
Location, friendliness of staff and the quality of the service will not disappoint you.

• Stayed April 2013
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on trip advisor! At Iberostar Praia do Forte we work really hard to offer fun activities for all ages as well as a good variety of food and beverages. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.
Adriane Romero – Quality Manager - Iberostar Brazil
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This Iberostar at Praia do Forte in Brazil takes whatever it needs to be the best choice in the country.

For those who are used to Iberostar way, you can add also the happiness and joy from the local guys!

Really awesome!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We appreciate your sincere comments about Iberostar Praia do Forte. Thank you for choosing us as your destination and for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed the time spent at our hotel and approved our services . We sincerely hope to have you back in the near future! Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Adriane Romero - Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Every March for the past 4 years, I've attended a week-long conference here. The resort is isolated from the town of Praia do Forte, but only a short taxi ride away. It's about an hour to an hour and a half (depending on traffic) from the Salvador airport. People who come here generally plan on parking themselves at the resort for a few days: I always see a mix of families, couples, and groups of friends.

Service: I don't speak Portuguese, but I've always been able to find someone who speaks English or Spanish to help me when needed. I've been welcomed with a drink and my luggage taken to my room each time. I've called maintenance (to get an extra bed put in the room), housekeeping (for more drinks in the mini bar), security (I couldn't open my room safe), and tech (I was having trouble connecting to the in-room internet), and all requests were handled promptly and resolved. Check-in and check-out were smooth, even at 4am. There's a travel agent in the lobby, but I've never used them.

Restaurants: I've found the food and drink to be of good variety and high quality compared to other all-inclusives. There are several special restaurants on site that require reservations: the teppanyaki resto is fun for kids; but don't expect the cook to have many fun tricks up their sleeve, or for the sushi to be authentic. We've also been to the steak house, which is in a great location next to the beach, and has a quiet ambiance at night--the food is good but nothing super special. The main restaurant, even when crowded, manages to keep lines moving quickly and I've never had a problem finding a place to sit.

Facilities: The place is isolated and the hotel's beach is private. There are a few vendors on the beach. but they don't bother you. There is a party pool (with a poolside bar) and a quiet pool, and everything settles down once the sun goes down. You can get a fresh coconut with a straw in it and sip it next to the pool. They have babysitters and a day care center at the resort. There's a cigar bar and a lobby bar, and a small disco (that allows families and kids to enter early in the evening). The resort has decent conference facilities (wifi, projectors, sound systems, many different meeting rooms). My only complaint is that the in-room internet requires a cable (which they will provide you if you didn't bring one). The lobby has wifi.

Activities: sports facilities (golf, tennis courts, ping pong tables, billiards, board games, volleyball, rifle shooting), nightly shows (I've never bothered to watch any of them). There's a some fitness and yoga classes offered during the day as well. On the weekend they bring in local entertainers to sing and play music during lunch time near the beach. Since I'm always there for a conference, I don't usually get to enjoy these services.

Beach: there's a lifeguard watching the section where people swim, and flags indicating the strength of the waves and undertow (usually they are red or orange during the time of year I always visit (March). The beach is clean.

Room Tip: there are disabled-access rooms on the ground floor only; there are no elevators to the second or th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IMoveALot
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. We value your opinion and work really hard to assure our daily improvement. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Adriane Romero - Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil
Guaruja, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Exclusive hotel with good themed restaurants, sorry that I could not try it all. Maybe next time.
The service is not as good on weekends, when the hotel is fuller.
The location is a bit isolated, but there are good travel agents within the hotel, with several tour options.
There are also options for leisure and entertainment for the whole family.
I recommend

Room Tip: There are no lifts in apartment blocks, some people with limited mobility should advise at time of b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pecuniam
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and recommending Iberostar Praia do Forte on trip advisor! At Iberostar we work really hard to offer great service to our guests. We value your suggestions and hope to have you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Adriane Romero – Quality Manager - Iberostar Brazil
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
#1 of 2 in Mata de Sao Joao
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,699 reviews

Been to Iberostar Praia do Forte? Share your experiences!