“Wonderful Relaxing Experience - Food could be better”

Iberostar Praia do Forte
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Praia do Forte
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Beautiful property, lots of green, garden and amazing outdoor space. 5 pools to choose from very calm to stay with baby, with music and activity and a pool bar to stay with friends and with a playground for the kids to enjoy. Large and spacious apartments, very clean and with all the amenities. Excellent infrastructure specially if you are travelling with baby or kids. There is a baby kitchen all sorts of food and fruits, a baby care, kids playground and kids play room with lots of activities. The2 downsides are: 1-the quality of the food that could be better for a 5 star hotel and 2-lack of service / waiter around the pool area. But I will certainly come back.

Room Tip: If you are travelling a baby or want a more quite area of the hotel, request building number 5 that...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to receive the comments about your family vacation at Iberostar Praia do Forte. We are glad to know that our children facilities made it easier for you to enjoy your days providing a lot more convenience and comfort to the entire family. Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Praia do Forte

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm writing his review a long time after I stayed here, my girlfriend ( now my wife) went to brazil for our first holiday together and we stayed at this hotel in 2006 literally about 3 to 4 months after it opened, I was a bit dubious at first as it was a new resort but from the images and previous reviews decided to book here regardless, our trip to brazil consisted of 5 days in rio and the other 9 days at this resort I must say that everything was excellent in this resort especially considering it was new, when I return to this part of brazil again I would stay here again, the staff and everyone were really friendly and the grounds are fantastic, the japanese tapanyeki restaurant was excellent. the resort lead to a quiet beach, the sea was quiet rough at times but apart from that a great resort and great part of the world. Finally the tripadvisor site is asking when I travelled before submitting the review so I have listed the oldest date although I travelled here in 06.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing our hotel. Your comments are very important! It makes us believe we are in the right path. We are pleased to hear that we contributed to making your holiday even more especial, that’s why our team works hard every day to make you feel like a Star. It’s great to know that you consider coming back in the future, please do not hesitate in contacting me in your next visit.

Quality Manager Iberostar Brazil

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The hotel facilities are great: the pool and the rooms. Everything is well maintained and beautiful. The staff is great and friendly too. However the food is really disappointing. And, for an "all inclusive" hotel, food is crucial. The hotel priority is clearly to offer quantity instead of quality. Cold food at the Pelo buffet is normal. The scrambled eggs are artificial (I have never seen those kind of eggs before in any hotel). The red wine is undrinkable. The chopp/beer at the pool bar is warm (at the lobby bar I have no complaints, everything was great). Artificial juices are served all day long (except during breakfast). The specialty restaurant Maresia at night (that I reserved for dinner) had a terrible smell. This is not the experience that you expect to have when you book a 5 star hotel/resort. My suggestions:
1) Priorize quality instead of quantity. As the hotel is unable to do a high quantity with quality, reduce to 30% in quantity and improve the quality to a PREMIUM level (as the hotel is supposed to be). And change the variety day by day.
2) Keep food always hot
3) Change the scrambled eggs (!!!!). Are they artificial? Any 3 star hotel has eggs more decent than those
4) Change the red wine urgently
5) Improve the beverages temperature at the pool bar
6) Serve natural juices
7) Arrange a new place for the specialty restaurant Maresia AT NIGHT and leave the actual facility only for lunch

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice273
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community the opinion of your stay at the Iberostar Praia do forte. All your comments about food and beverage were transferred to our chefs in order to improve the items mentioned according to our standards, we going to be careful regarding the temperature of the food at the buffet exposed to ensure this situation is avoided in the future, as well your comment about the cleaning of Maresia Restaurant. I emphasize that besides the drinks included at the “all inclusive system” it is offer to our guests a wine list with extra options of other drinks ( out of the all inclusive ). Thank you one more time for all your suggestions and comments, we truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us .I am at your disposal to do what is necessary for a future visit.

Quality manager Brasil

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The beach is great, the food is great and the pools are great.

Many reviews reflect perfectly the hotel. But the personnel is of a very low level. They do not smile, nobobdy speaks a word of french, english or spanich, except at the reception desk. This is really tirseome when you want to order a drink and end up with another one or you get a blank glance becausee apparently your way of pronoucing "bloddy mary" is not up to their standards.

The hotel mainly lives off the brazilians who come for the week-end, so they do not need to train thei personnel... What a difference compared to jamaica, Mexico or Dom. Rep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil709
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment about Iberostar Praia do Forte with us on TripAdvisor! Your feedback is very important to assure the improvement of our products and services.
I would like to share with you the fact that, even though we are located in an area where only a very few people speak a second language and the majority of our guests are Brazilians, the hotel management is always concerned about our international clients. Our front desk and guest relations staff speak English, Spanish and Portuguese and Iberostar provides Spanish and German classes to our staff from all areas, understanding the importance of communication in order to provide a great service and believing that we can help our personnel’s growth and development. Of course learning a new language takes time, but we do believe we are on the right path and expect to have you back in the near future certain that you will notice our progress.

Adriane Romero – quality Manager Iberostar Brazil

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here in October 2008, so a little late writing this!!

We booked with first choice and I don't think they travel there now. The hotel is very close to the airport and is very clean throughout. The grounds are well maintained and we really enjoyed the Japanese restaurant, it was fun to watch the chefs cooking in front of you.

The shows in the evening were good and the little village about 10 minutes away is great for a change of scenery and to see the turtles.

We did have a problem with jelly fish when we were there and my husband and a few others got stung, although no medical treatment was necessary. There were lots washed up on the beach so we didn't swim in the sea, but had lovely walks along the beach.

In general the food was good and my daughter enjoyed the pools and ice creams!

I would recommend doing the trip to Rio, whilst it was expensive it was fantastic to see the sights and a real highlight to our holiday.

In general, if you are looking for a fun family holiday the Iberostar will be a good option.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sarah075
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about the experience at our hotel and are glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at Iberostar. I'm awfully sorry for the jelly fish incident your husband experienced on the beach, this phenomenon only happens for a short period of time, once a year and we try to provide as much information as we can in order to alert our guests and prevent small accidents. I hope it has not stopped your family from having a good vacation in Brazil. Thank you one more time for sharing your experience with us, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.
Quality Manager - Iberostar Brazil

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The hotel like always was excellent. Everything well organized and clean.The staff very helpful thanks to Livony and Tatiane absolutely wonderfull people. The only thing I have to complain about are the cats. Too many of them walking around. I do not know if they are vaccinated or castrated and if you have kids or pregnant wife I would not want them to be around. But I will go back to the hotel with family and friends again.

Room Tip: I stayed at block 7 garden side if you want quiet that is the place to be.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alvesSaoPauloBrasil
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our staff does its utmost each day to ensure that all our guests fell at home while enjoying beautiful sunny days in Bahia! We are delighted you have enjoyed our hotel while experiencing a great vacation. I will make sure Livony and Tatiane ´s supervisors are aware of your comments about their great performances! About the cats on property, our management team is working together with the Green Team of the company to find the best solution to this matter, we thank you for your observation since it helps us improve the quality of the services provided . Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.
Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Brazil

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The negatives were the hard pillows and the distance to my room, but since it had a amazing view it was ok. The spa was really expensive so i didn't try it. The food at the Buffet was much better than what excepted and had something different each day. Didn´t like the seafood and rodizio restaurant that much, all the seafood you could get at the seafood restaurant was a surf and turf (Steak and Lobster) which was pretty good, but no fish. All the other themed restaurants where better, the best one being the french.
Besides that everything was fantastic the beach, pool, you name it. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Joseane at the pool bar made the best cocktails, so i would always stay at the pool she was working at for the day. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to everybody i know, we had a blast.
At the beach there are horse if you like to go horse back ridding at the beach and see the natural pools.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tai_Goncalves
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our staff does its utmost each day to ensure that all our guests fell at home while enjoying beautiful sunny days in Bahia! We are delighted you enjoyed our hotel while experiencing a great vacation. I will make sure Joseane´s supervisors are aware of your comments about her great performance! Your suggestions are also valued and help us improving the quality of the service provided. Thank you one more time for recommending our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Brasil

Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
#1 of 2 in Mata de Sao Joao

Been to Iberostar Praia do Forte? Share your experiences!