First, the good points. The chateau grounds are lovely, very peaceful and serene. Summer would be the ideal time to enjoy the property when the pool is open. Location was a bit isolated and far from the highway for our needs, but others may not find this a problem.
The rooms were ok. The furnishings were not of 4 star quality, more 3 star. The bathroom was updated and clean and all plumbing worked fine. But some of the paint and wallpaper was peeling and the TV was just sitting on top of the portable refrigerator.
The biggest disappointment though was the eating situation. We were there on a holiday weekend and did not have reservations for dinner in the restaurant. While the tables in the restaurant were not full, we were told there was no availability. We attempted to go out, drove around for nearly an hour and could not find any place to eat. Long story short, we ended up back at the chateau. We were told we could order something a la carte from the restaurant, but were given numerous restrictions and parameters in which we had to place our order. We waited in the lovely bar area for 1 1/2 hours for our tiny order. Luckily the food was very good once it arrived.
We were ignored after 45 minutes of waiting, no waiters even entered the bar area, when the food arrived we were told we had to take it up to our rooms, etc, etc. Needless to say i was not going to pay 20 euros per person for a buffet breakfast of meats and cheeses the next morning. We left very disappointed in the whole experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in beautiful grounds in the heart of the Loire Valley, the Chateau des Sept Tours welcomes you throughout the year for a memorable stay. Located just 2 hours by car from Paris, the castle offers 46 luxury rooms and suites a gourmet restaurant, a club house, a heated swimming pool, lounges and conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Chateau Golf des Sept Tours reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Des Sept Tours Hotel Courcelles-De-Touraine
- Chateau Golf Des Sept Tours France/Courcelles-De-Touraine