We stayed at the Hotel des Sept Tours after a summer of living in Milan, Italy. We had a week-long trip through France and stayed here to enjoy the castles of the Loire Valley for two nights. We booked our stay in early March and got a great internet rate. The lower-cost rooms were for non-traditional rooms. In our case, we got the turret room in the main Chateau. The second building is very large, and was formerly a stable, although they call it an Orangerie. We didn't see this building, except from the exterior. I did see into the standard rooms of the main castle and they appeared to be larger than ours, maybe with different fabrics. My first thoughts about the property included the peacefulness of the location. Our apartment in Milan was really noisy and on a busy street, so this was the break we needed. In August, the weather was temperate, and maybe on the cool side. The castle is heavily shaded, and stone, so while our room didn't have air-conditioning, the windows were more than adequate at cooling the space. There was a lovely pool on the property, as well as a golf course, but we didn't use either one. For me, the weather was too cool for swimming, and we don't golf, but the grounds were beautiful. We only had one meal at the hotel, a dinner that lasted all evening. It was in the Chateau's main restaurant, where the young chef is working toward a reputation for molecular gastronomy. It was fun, and the food was really quite good, as well as an experience. Otherwise, evenings at the Chateau seem quiet. Our room was round, and stone, it had odd corners and funny traits, but it wasn't uncomfortable. The shower-head was a "rain-shower" that maybe needed to be replaced, and the spaces were tight, but we had been living in Milan, so we were used to a small bathroom. And, of course, there are only (stone) stairs up to the room, so try to pack lightly! But you are, after all, sleeping in a real castle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in beautiful grounds in the heart of the Loire Valley, the Chateau des Sept Tours welcomes you throughout the year for a memorable stay. Located just 2 hours by car from Paris, the castle offers 46 luxury rooms and suites a gourmet restaurant, a club house, a heated swimming pool, lounges and conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Golf des Sept Tours reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Des Sept Tours Hotel Courcelles-De-Touraine
- Chateau Golf Des Sept Tours France/Courcelles-De-Touraine