“Know your French!”

Chateau des Sept Tours
Reserve with
Chateau des Sept Tours is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The advanced cuisine of our gastronomic restaurant induces to speak about it. It nourrishes the 15th century home with its flashing originality and large repertory, the « NOTABOO » is an attraction for all.
Carmel, Indiana
“Know your French!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The servers did not speak English (which is fine...why anyone would travel to another country and expect them to communicate with you in English is ridiculous!) so if you do not know what you are doing, you'll have a hard time ordering your meal.

I tried to order the chicken but they were out of it and I did not pick up on what she had told me she would replace it with. (I thought my French was okay, but I was obviously not prepared for this situation!) She brought out a pork loin for both my husband and myself...but I do not eat pork. There was no way to send it back as I had apparently agreed to take the "replacement" meal and the kitchen had closed. While this is my fault for not knowing enough of the language to understand what she had told me, there was very little flexibility in resolving my mistake. Also, the prices are too high for what you get.

We had the latest reservation of the evening (8:00) and so when the restaurant closed at 9:00, we felt very pressured to hurry through our meal so that they could go home. The waitress lingered over our table watching every bite we took. As soon as I put my fork down, she cleared everything from the table! It was obvious that they wanted us out of there. For the money we paid, we should have been able to relax and take as long as we wanted for our meal.

I would not recommend this restaurant. Go elsewhere where they are open later. The wine list (book) was impressive but our 1/2 bottle was only mediocre at best.

Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

great dinner, though limited selection. the food was impeccable and the wine was a chinon and it was wonderful.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ma G
Bucharest
“Incredible restaurant - must read instructions before eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

I speak french extremely good but when i arrived in this restaurant i didn't understand the menu.
The waiter was impeccable and he exepected that i knew all the rules. I was in quite many restaurants before and i speak from 4 stars and up, but here somehow something was missing from my knowledge. We find here the most pure french style and all we know about french cuisine and elegant french style. The food has no need to be described, you must see to understand what i'm saying.

• Visited May 2010