“Good Hotel for Business Stay”

Sheraton Club des Pins Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Staoueli
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed there one day in December 2013. It is a large hotel, clean and great rooms. I think they should have more staff at the reception to help check-in. Despite it, the staff at reception was friendly and helpful. Overall, the hotel is a good stay if you are in Algiers on business.

The view is beautifull, expecially out to the mediterrenean and the garden. Room service should be improved. I tried the room service from the room, but got a busy tone on several attempts, and then had to go down to ask for a bottle of water. Still didnt get it!

The other issue for someone with short transit time, the distance from the airport is huge. And the traffic on the highway is a crawl. Not the fault of the hotel though.

Room Tip: Choose one with the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Club des Pins Resort

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I didn't mind my stay in the Sheraton. There are 3 restuarants to choose from , the accomodations were good, and the staff was friendly. Unfotunately I was there in the winter months, so I can't comment on the pool or outside facilities. Overall, I would say it was great for my business stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Punkrock_Samurai
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel itself looks nice and luxurious yet lacks the little details to make it a real 5 star. The service is not au par with the name. Food is just okay. Rooms are decent but could be better. The problem with this hotel is that it's always full, congresses, seminars, weddings, it's always packed so there's less leverage to get a quality upgrade, too bad!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room for the view, it's breathtaking
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

There was beautifull hotel but not now,
I have stay for one night for business cause.most activity for this hotel is for business,
The service is not nice and staff is helpfull with limited action.
with good location this hotel have a nice beach and nice garden but wery far for center of Algeirs city.
this hotel initialy with 5 stars but he deserves only 3 Stars.
is it butter to stay in this hotel for business than for holiday.

Djapelo

Room Tip: rooms on the Beach side
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this review. I was delighted to read that our location and garden were up to your expectations. With regards to your comments about the bad service, I would highly appreciate if you could contact me directly by email at Chanez.tolba@sheraton.com in order to elaborate on this.

Once again thank you for your impressions and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Chanez Tolba
Brand Compliance Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Rooms
Comfortable, there is wired and WI-FI connections however if you own a iPhone or iPad request a room near the lift as the Wi-Fi connections isn’t that great.
Flat screen LG TV with a wide range of channels ( Only 2 English speaking ones from memory )

Fitness Centre
Small Fitness centre with everything you need from a hotel gym, free weights up to 32kg and a selection of cable machines and a swimming pool.

Bar
There is a bar upstairs called Nuts I think they call it, it has a live band most night and is open from 2000 to 0300.

Nightclub
There is a nightclub open Thursday and Friday night from 0001 to 0500.

Beach
Nice beach to relax after work.

Restaurants
Fish restaurant - Very nice
Italian restaurant - not tried.
Algerian restaurant - not tried.
La Brasserie buffet - Well this is the biggest let down of the hotel and it’s not down to the food, surprisingly the food is quite reasonable however the service is the worst I’ve ever had, after my 1st week of being in the hotel I was accused of not signing for my food 2 nights in row by the waiter, after 5 mins of arguing with him over this I took him to reception and asked the receptionist to produce my bill, after proving to the waiter my food had been signed for the waiter stormed off WITHOUT an apology.
You think this would be the end of it however the next night I went for my evening I was snubbed by the waiter staff and wasn’t served. Absolutely shocking service from a Sheraton hotel.

To finish on a positive, I would recommend the hotel but the management really need to address the lack of respect for paying guests within the La Brasserie.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed October 20, 2013

There is not so much alternative in the city and this hotel is the best option.
Surprisingly there is a private beach here, rooms are comfortable and well decorated.
Foods are OK for this kind of country, staff are kind and helpful, location is a bit far away from the city center..

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed for 1 night as a treat during a week long visit to family nearby. We were impressed by the speed of check in and the room itself, although coming from the UK, it's unusual that smoking is still permitted in the public areas. We chose a non-smoking, 3rd floor room with a seaview, and although a few items were missing, the room didn't disappoint and a cot arrived promptly for our daughter.

We used the outdoor pool, playground and beach and were impressed by all. Nice to have pool towels and changing facilities and free sunbeds/umbrellas on the beach. We had a peaceful night sleep in the extremely comfortable bed, although we did think that the air-conditioning made things feel slightly damp.

The breakfast buffet was superb, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Check out was ok, although we weren't told about a 1% charge for paying in cash and you can't leave luggage and enjoy the whole day after check out (midday), you have to leave otherwise there is a charge. The free wifi didn't work although we were too busy for that to matter.

Overall a great stay with only a couple of minor points for improvement and we will be back. We did feel it was overpriced so will be looking out for offers in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to receive your comments following your recent stay at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, and we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions with us. It is very rewarding for our management and the whole team to receive positive comments on your experience and the service you have received, and this is also an indication that our training and improvement programs are yielding positive results. Guests’ satisfaction is our main priority, and please rest assured that we will pass on your comments to our employees and this will certainly motivate them to further improve on our guest services. On behalf of the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon to our hotel.

With Kind Regards

Chanez Tolba
Brand Compliance Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Staoueli
Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden
#15 of 26 in Algiers
kt Hotels
kt Hotels
#2 of 2 in Blida

Been to Sheraton Club des Pins Resort? Share your experiences!