“Getting Better”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Staoueli
York, Pennsylvania
“Getting Better”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the last couple years. On my most recent trip, I was quite pleased as to how the service has improved since my last trip in May. I no longer had to wait half an hour to be waited on. The staff was friendly and checking in and out was a breeze. Please keep improving.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. It’s nice to hear that we've met your expectations and I thank you for having taken the time to describe your satisfaction and the friendliness of our staff. We work hard to deliver our best service to our Guests and I was delighted to read that we succeed. I do hope that you will return.

Sincerely

Brand Compliance Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great location on the sea but far from downtown. Staff were friendly. The hotel has great potential but could use some "happiness". You do not feel like you are in Algeria, nothing reflects the country except one of the restaurants; the rest of the place is "international". I happen to have interacted with staff whom were friendly. Keep in mind that we were organising an event and not much time to enjoy. I heard our event organiser grumble a bit on the need for speed in response to needs of the event by the hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view is best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your stay. I am happy to learn that you had a nice stay with us. Regarding your comments about the speed in responding to guest needs, please rest assured that they have been duly noted and will be analyzed internally with the relevant Heads of Department and their teams. It is very important that our clients forward their feedback to us and we are grateful for your contribution. I look forward to welcoming you again to The Sheraton Club des Pins Resort on your next visit to Algiers.

Warm regards
Canadian living in Qatar
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I usually don't read other reviews prior to writing my own but yikes!, some of them are quite bad. However, during my stay there I interacted with staff very little, which could have contributed to my satisfaction. :)

The hotel is quite far from the airport and city centre so be prepared for at least an hours drive after landing to get to the hotel. On my way back to the airport it was closer to two hours (checkpoints can slow down traffic considerably).

The hotel property is quite beautiful. Nice beach, pool, grounds, tennis court, etc.

I got a standard room and it was fine. Comfortable bed and pillows (on the softer side which I prefer). Climate controls were easy to use and temp was good. The internet was on the slow side. They did have an option to upgrade the internet speed for US$25 but I opted for the cheaper and free version. It was suitable for email, surfing, and a voice skype call. Shower was decent water pressure and consistent temp but sometimes a tad confusing to use (lots of buttons and knobs).

The room service was acceptable. The food quality was okay, a reasonable 3 star (out of 5) experience. Price was on the high side for what you got but that's not unusual for a hotel.

The breakfast buffet was good. Hot and cold with an egg station. Reasonable selection of bread, cereals, and hot food.

The gym was okay. Lots of different types of equipment, good size, and it wasn't terribly busy (just me) when I was there.

Overall, decent experience and lovely grounds.

Safe travels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas M
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this detailed review following your recent stay at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort. We are happy to know you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Algiers!

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Deplorable service.... A huge waste of money. Management couldn't couldn't care less about our complaints. If I ran my business that way, I would have lost it a long time ago! Where are the Sheraton standards? At best a 3 star resort ran like a zero star facility!! Sorry.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mourad B
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which was posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort.

I have reviewed your comments. This surely indicates you had some issues and we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for this and was wondering if you could elaborate on this for me should time permit.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you do provide us another chance when staying in Algiers. As mentioned above, should time permit I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me directly and provide me a few more details about your issues so I could look into this matter further.

Best regards

Brand Compliance Manager

Travelers are raving about these Staoueli hotels

Treviso, Italy
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm sorry, but I must say that my stay in this hotel was a not very pleasant experience.I expected the hotel staff more attention and prompt resolution of bugs during my stay in this hotel.I can say, as a member of the SPG, that services were provided by the hotel staff were not always as significant a 5-star hotel.3 days I asked minibar, after i given up asked again.i ask to have my room much clean,to have menu list(if i want order something to eat in my room).i ask bag for laundry and laundry list...and many other thinks.Can be an ideal place for vacation and work, but maybe not during the period when Ramadan is celebrated.Unfortunately this time I was unlucky,i hope next time to be better....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. On behalf of our team we apologize for the encountered inconveniences. The level of service you experienced is certainly not the norm here and for that we are very sorry. We would like to make things right and give you the experience you deserve upon your return.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've been visiting this hotel since 2007, and I can guarantee that the service and overall satisfaction with this hotel can not be worst.
The service they simply do not give a damm about you. Firstly from time to time once you go to the restaurant they will simply tell you there is no table available (although plenty are), after once you insist they will tell you the kitchen is closed (although should still run for 2 hours) and at the end depending on their mud perhaps they let you in.
They simply abuse from the fact is the only hotel in that area and unfortunately I will need to come back there.

Room Tip: If you can avoid, do not go
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the time given to post your comments. We sincerely regret any guest experience that does not meet expectations.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to Chanez.tolba@sheraton.com so we may address it with you directly.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I have reserved in the Sheraton hotel club des pins Algiers two rooms for three nights,
arriving to the hotel at 15:00, the reception clerk told me that they dont have any rooms availaible but only suites,and that I have to pay 200 euros more per night to get the suites,

Insisting on my reserveation, he told that i have to pay the whole amount for the whole stau cash for two standard rooms,after one hour I came back, the rooms were ready but He told me that I have to pay 150 000 Dinars more as deposit.

when I refused He told me in this case we dont accept you in our Hotel.

Dear Sir I am working in Geneva coming so often with comapanies and never had this problem before,this is not professional and not human at all...
This remind me the segregation times
sorry for you and for the tourism in Algeria ...

Room Tip: ...strange
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomasmann1
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.
I was concerned to read of your disappointment regarding your experience at Sheraton. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to share more feedback.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back for your next visit to Algiers and restore your confidence in our quality of service.

Best Regards

Brand Compliance Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staoueli
Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden
#16 of 27 in Algiers
Hotel d'Hydra
Hotel d'Hydra
#15 of 27 in Algiers

Been to Sheraton Club des Pins Resort? Share your experiences!