“chicane”

Geneva, Switzerland
“chicane”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I have reserved in the Sheraton hotel club des pins Algiers two rooms for three nights,
arriving to the hotel at 15:00, the reception clerk told me that they dont have any rooms availaible but only suites,and that I have to pay 200 euros more per night to get the suites,

Insisting on my reserveation, he told that i have to pay the whole amount for the whole stau cash for two standard rooms,after one hour I came back, the rooms were ready but He told me that I have to pay 150 000 Dinars more as deposit.

when I refused He told me in this case we dont accept you in our Hotel.

Dear Sir I am working in Geneva coming so often with comapanies and never had this problem before,this is not professional and not human at all...
This remind me the segregation times
sorry for you and for the tourism in Algeria ...

Room Tip: ...strange
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomasmann1
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.
I was concerned to read of your disappointment regarding your experience at Sheraton. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to share more feedback.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back for your next visit to Algiers and restore your confidence in our quality of service.

Best Regards

Brand Compliance Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lyon, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

The place is nice for resort or congress and secure.
But the hotel is a smoking one.
The service is average with a lot of little details that does not fit to sheraton. For example I waited for my luggage in my room more than 35 min at my last stay! Or i have asked at the front desk for the internet code and the lady did not know!!
BUT prices are incredibely high for Algeria. That is simply to much
The breakfast is correct

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate all feedbacks received which are helping us to improve our services. We apologize for encountered inconveniences, we will certainly share your feedback with the concerned departments.

We hope you give us another opportunity and please feel free to contact us directly if you wish to comment anything else.

Rome, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

When at the airport, look for Sheraton desk, they will provide you either with a trusted taxi driver, either with a shuttle. The place is far away on a route jammed with traffic (mind when you are leaving), and far away from the city too. A gated community, insulated from the rest of the world, could be anywhere. Ideal for those travelers who don't want to be contaminated by the surrounding world. Otherwise, boring beyond belief. Beach, nothing special. Restaurants, overpriced. Service, well, sleepy. I was there for a conference, in the hottest day of the year: no air conditioned in the hall, melting like an ice cream. 19 power breakdowns in a day interrupted our work: call it a business hotel... Breakfast and dinner in the infamous Brasserie. At breakfast you lose time queing for a coffee, a spoon, a plate. Everything seems loosely organized. At dinner I asked for a simple soup and an homelette. Had first with curry, and second with pepper. They fill everything with spices, and the idea someone would not like or may have some intolerance don't even cross their minds. Suggestion: escape from this golden prison to the nearby ville de Staoueli, and enjoy crowd, street vendors, grilled meat and mint tea everywhere. Cheaper and funnier. Sheraton is a smoker paradise, dont bring your cigarettes, you just need to breath the air to get intoxicated.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to post your comments about your last stay at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort.

Please be assured that all your valuable comments have been taken into consideration.

We truly hope to welcome you soon again at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort.

Best regards,

Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I am a tolerant reviewer - not one who gets off ripping into a business. However as much as this looks like a Sheraton and was undoubtedly comfortable and secure, the service was well below par for a place this pricey. It is as much a staff attitude issue as anything.

I spent a lot of time in my room working and after first having to ask for the minibar to be stocked, this aspect was friendly and efficient with regular restock. Not cheap though. Expensive chocolate and nuts formed part of my diet this trip.

I think the pool was maybe only opened for the season on the day after my arrival 1st May and though there were loungers on the beach none of the multitude of watersports on the sign was actually available.

One incident really ticked me off. After a day in my room I could see the beach restaurant was open. I walked out there about 16:45 and asked when they closed. Dix-huite trente was the answer; 18:30 I believe. When I came back at 17:33 I was told - No FIVE thirty. I could see a burger being served that instant and the staff just shrugged and turned away. I went to customer service to complain but was ignored at the unattended desk and gave up.

In general the social hub in the foyer is limited. As a bar it is without atmosphere, it is very hard to get served. The food is limited in range and mediocre in quality. Since there is nowhere nearby safe to go without locals, they have captive business travellers and they know it.

We overcame some of these limitations by eating enormously at the large & varied breakfast buffet, eating lunch elsewhere and doing without in the evenings. We ordered our beers four at a time to overcome the poor attention and slow service once an order was in. In case you think I was impatient - I witnessed a guest yelling at the waiter his ice-cream was 15 minutes late and watched him walk out shortly after that.

I got ill within two days of arrival. I believe the re-warm lunch buffet to be a problem. We had this only once and I suggest you don't.

I also made extensive use of the gym and outdoor pool and found the wireless internet more than adequate, although you need to change routers in different locations.

Various dubious taxes appeared on what was said to be a sample bill. A charitable donation was one. Not sure if this was a scam but they took it off immediately. The other taxes included a sejours tax and something else I can't remember.

With a poor official exchange rate a 330ml can of beer was £4-5 and we mostly charged stuff to the room. If you pay by card the whole bill is uplifted by 3% or by 1% for cash. With rates quoted in euros, charged in Dinars and settled in my case on a £ credit card there is every opportunity to get gouged.

Taxis appear to operate like a closed shop; 1500 DZA to go to town. I was told there was no airport shuttle, despite a description of same in the room services guide.

When I was free to negotiate taxis I found 1000 DZA was achievable. Most will take hard currency at a better rate than you'll get in an exchange.

The acid test - would I stay there again? I would have to say maybe. Not before I check out the other big hotels in town first.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lipeshends
hotelierealgiers, Customer Services at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate all comments which day after day are driving us toward excellence. We sincerely regret any guest experience that does not meet expectations.

Regarding your comments about the taxes: please be informed that the charitable donation of 1$ is a part of Starwood Unicef Program and it appears on the invoice automatically, if the guest chooses to decline this is removed from the bill. The other taxes are governmental taxes and mandatory as per local regulations.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues.

If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to Chanez.tolba@sheraton.com so we may address it with you directly.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you for your next visit and make of it an unforgettable experience.

Sincerely yours

Customer Services
Johannesburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

After 22 hours of flying and nearly 36 hours since we left home, imagine our disappointment when we arrived at the Sheraton only to be told our rooms were not ready. We were told we could wait in the executive lounge and someone would come up to complete the check-in with us. After 2 hungry hours in the executive lounge (no food available) we returned to reception to be told: "Sorry, still nothing ready". It is now nearly 3 hours and we're still waiting for a room!! Is this how the Sheraton treats their VIPs? Surely one would expect Suites to be the first rooms available given the premium one pays to be in one??! Not impressed.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank amandajhb

Travelers are raving about these Staoueli hotels

Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been here twice and both times I found rooms well furnished, clean and acoustically well isolated.
Personnel is professional and kind, but not all the people can speak english, even at the reception I met a woman who needed help to understand what I was saying.
Restaurants are adequate for the level of the hotel although a bit expensives. Nice the garden with swimming pool.
I expected WiFi to be present in all room for free but this is not the case. Be aware that It take at least an hour to go to the airport.
I think I'll stay here again next time

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your time spent in our hotel. Thank you for your review. We appreciate you comment about our rooms, garden and pool. On behalf of Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, we will be glad to serve and see you again.

Thank you for having taken the time to share your review with the tripadvisor community.

Sincerely yours,

Cairo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Not a good hotel. But I guess it is the best of the available. Waiters do no talk except French. Internet connectivity is ok yet slow.
Over priced.
Dirty bed sheets (seems washed but had old stains). Not many food options. Breakfast moderate. Problem with electricity and TV in room for a complete night. Can’t change the AC settings.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms beside the wifi extender!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, General Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I have notified our management team so that any and all issues are resolved immediately. We take our statement of Whatever, Whenever very seriously and although frustrating, thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is through guest feedback such as yours, GUEST that we can continue to enhance and improve upon our Sheraton experience for all of our guests.
Once again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to chanez.tolba@sheraton.com so we may address it with you directly.

Hans-Joerg Kreitner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staoueli
Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden
Hotel El-Djazair Ex Saint George
Palace Appart Hotel
Palace Appart Hotel
#4 of 24 in Algiers

Been to Sheraton Club des Pins Resort? Share your experiences!