“Irish couple dinner for two ”

Healy Mac's Irish Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,719 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Ireland
“Irish couple dinner for two ”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited on the 2nd January for dinner on our first day to Penang. Food was very tasty and cheap beer. Staff were 2nd to none. Ladies got a free cocktail. Visited again on the 6th for little ladies Christmas. Food was even better, boyfriend ordered what the lady had ordered the first night (cod and risotto) and it was even better, lady was very jealous!!! Boyfriend usually does not eat fish or rice and was very very happy. Overall very satisfied with food and service. Ate outside and atmosphere was very pleasant both nights. From an Irish point of view, very enjoyable and very proud to be an Irish visitor in Penang. Would recommend for food.

Liam H, Owner at Healy Mac's Irish Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello there,
I am very grateful for your review, thanks for taking your time to do one. I am happy to hear you enjoyed attention from our staff and got to celebrate women's christmas with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our atmosphere and food. It was a pleasure serving you both!

George Town, Malaysia
“Castleknockframers.ie. Dublin Ireland”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Visited healymacs in Jan. 2014 , had a lovely meal of Fish and Chips together with a very cool pint of lager , on waiting for my meal I was presented with a lovely bowl of soup and delicious Penang home made brown bread and butter , apparently this starter meal is completely free of charge FOC. How coool is thaaat. ? The staff are very friendly and cortious , having been served by Toni the waiter , the manager of Healy Macs Trevor from Cork also showed great interest in his customers thru engaging in local banter about Penang , and at the same time not intruding during eating time. Apparently the night entertainment is also fab. Live bands etc. I can highly recommend this Pub for an enjoyable days entertainment. Thanks Guys, Frank, Dublin

• Visited January 2014
Hello Frank,
I really appreciate your time in writing this review. Yes, our soup and bread is free with any maincourse ordered from Uncle Albert's, our sister branch. I am happy to hear you met our manager and were well looked after. It was lovely to serve you, we hope you visit again soon.
South West France
“Very very good food, excellent location”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited on New Year's day for an evening meal.
We chose the pork knuckle for two followed by ice cream dessert, a beer and cocktail helped it all down all for just over 160 ringett. The portion size was very good and the staff attentive.
Sitting outside overlooking the marina was excellent.
The menu was very good with plenty of options for starters, mains and desserts.
We will go back for feta cheese salad and pizza as a very filling snack lunch.
Whole bottles of spirits and wine are available as well as beers.
I might question visiting Friday or Saturday night as I think it could get quite load - expats heavily imbibing on bottles of scotch and vodka.
There is a quiz night on Mondays with live music. Ladies night on a Thursday

• Visited January 2014
Hi there,
Thank you for taking some time to write this review. I am very happy you tried our speciality, the pork knuckle. Thank you for your compliments on our staff and menu. I am happy you enjoyed our view of the marina also, this is a feature of the bar. Our pizzas and feta salad is very popular too, I'm glad you had this too! Our quiz night on mondays is very popular and so is our ladies night. It was a real pleasure to serve you, I am glad you were well looked after. Thanks again!
“Nice food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had an awesome dinner there!! The food was so tasty and big amount of food!! Shorty it was wow..Everyone should go and try it out...

3 Thank Kugendran96
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Best pub in Penang”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great food, view, service and the best pint in Penang. Set in the wonderful Straits Quay marina, they serve a mean pint of Kilkenny.

• Visited December 2013